Is it now time to consider getting out of this corrupt Scottish league

Bauldrick

Jambo-Fox

7th May 2020 the Scottish Football cesspit  got wider and deeper and another nail went into the lowering ‘decency coffin’!

.... Hearts get out NOW before it’s too late!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Deevers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we are demoted/expelled and next season could end up, as has been suggested elsewhere, top flight only, surely then we'd have a right to seek football where we could find it. 

Posted this already, perhaps even on this thread, but under such circumstances I'd like to see us, at least, sound out the Football League about joining. Better still, would it be possible to join at the professional/semi professional tier, which, I believe would be the Northern league of the sixth. 

These are strange times. Anything is possible. 

The SPFL can also ram their two years notice shite. They're bending rules to suit themselves, why couldn't we? Particularly if they didn't actually provide us with a league to play in. 

I'll concede it's probably pie in the sky stuff but I am sick of Scottish football. The bias, the corruption, the monopoly/duopoly, every rotten, stinking part of it. 

Personally, I want out and I'd love to take Hearts with me. 

Edited by martoon

On 30/04/2020 at 19:28, JamboJohn80 said:

Would love to see the jambos move elsewhere away from this corrupt shambles of a league, but where do we go? Definitely not england as I doubt they would take us. We could maybe move to welsh leagues or perhaps this coronavirus may be the kick-start to an Atlantic league. 

The Welsh League?

A 900 mile round trip, to play away games at such cracking venues as:

Maes_Tegid.jpg

Maes Tegid (Barry Town)

aberystwyth-town-fc-park-avenue-stadium-

Park Avenue (Aberystwyth Town)

41938700620_6a650cd3ed_b.jpg

Richmond Avenue (Carmarthen Town)

penybontfc-bryntirion-park-clubhouse-end

Kymco Stadium (Pen-y-Bont FC)

Baller of an idea, sign me up.

Edited by tian447

Ehllhayapeh
On 11/04/2020 at 18:57, Bauldrick said:

Problem is, where to we apply to  and who would welcome us?  or do we just soldier on, putting up with the present set-up in Scottish football where we will probably never be allowed to win the league championship ever again, the best we can hope for is the occasional good cup run and a flukey cup win despite the best attempts of the match officials to thwart us, I'm now totally p----d off with the way things are going, there's never ever going to be a level playing field, or is it this corona virus thing just getting me down and giving me a despondent and dismal viewpoint of all that is going on around me, cheery wee soul, aint I, now where's that whisky bottle.

(Please read in voice of Edmund Blackadder...in case what follows escapes you as humour)

Excellent Plan Bauldrick

Hearts can buy out the carcass of Bury and become Bury Hearts. Its a cast iron plan. As safe as a chocolate tea pot full of tea!

When this goes through Bauldrick, you will be proclaimed a hero of the people....in Leith!! You dipstick!!

Ive heard more sense from a aberdonian talking in tounges to the google maps assistant!

Edited by Ehllhayapeh

Bauldrick

Couldn't have put it better myself Seymour, on the other hand perhaps we should smile sweetly, shake our heads and sigh 'poor little Hibshit barsteward'

1 hour ago, Bauldrick said:

Couldn't have put it better myself Seymour, on the other hand perhaps we should smile sweetly, shake our heads and sigh 'poor little Hibshit barsteward'

I agree with you 100%. As posted earlier, it just depresses me that we are fighting to stay in a league we can't possibly win.

This is the perfect chance to change that.  I have suggested a salary cap in the top league to level the playing field.  May not be the best idea but it's better than nothing.  Other ideas most welcome.

The idea of any of our clubs playing in England or elsewhere is highly improbable and not therefore a realistic solution.

At a time of massive economic difficulty, never have a better opportunity to make a salary cap acceptable.

Bauldrick

Thank you Kiwidoug, nice to hear sensible, constructive and reasonable thinking but, I can't see the blinkered ones in the west changing their narrow minded attitudes any time soon. 

Last Laff
49 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I agree with you 100%. As posted earlier, it just depresses me that we are fighting to stay in a league we can't possibly win.

This is the perfect chance to change that.  I have suggested a salary cap in the top league to level the playing field.  May not be the best idea but it's better than nothing.  Other ideas most welcome.

The idea of any of our clubs playing in England or elsewhere is highly improbable and not therefore a realistic solution.

At a time of massive economic difficulty, never have a better opportunity to make a salary cap acceptable.

Why would anyone at a hearts agree to a salary cap?  One of the massive advantages we have over a lot of teams is a much bigger wage on offer.  

Horatio Caine

Hate to say that this is all fantasy stuff. None of it is ever going to happen.  We are where we are and the best thing we can do is to accept it, live with it, and compete to a level worthy of our history.

frankblack
18 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Hate to say that this is all fantasy stuff. None of it is ever going to happen.  We are where we are and the best thing we can do is to accept it, live with it, and compete to a level worthy of our history.

Nonsense.

If you let others shite on you then you get nowhere in life, and they will keep doing it because you are a doormat.

What do we do if the Championship season is non-viable or gets abandoned and this time voided?  Who is paying for us to be ejected and out of top flight football for up to 3 years?

julienbrellier

I'd like to see us walk away, we would be welcomed into the Northern League in England and eventually end up in the English Championship. 

much better than staying under the corrupt SPFL

Whats the point in staying in a corrupt organisation designed to help one team???if there's a way out and escape to England in low low northern leagues of England why not??Hearts would still get big crowds at home 

indianajones

I would happily leave it to be honest.

It would noise up those two pricks in the west as well which would be beautiful. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Ffs I think people are getting carried away. Having to go for years just to make it to league 2 would be an absolute war of attrition! If we had a pass straight to the football league then I’m all for it otherwise let’s just keep backing our club and hope in a few years we can do a Leicester city!

Im not trying to get people down but this is Scottish football. And the reality is unless we get major major major financial investment the likelihood is the best we can hope for is the occasional cup win. 

Rather depressing isn’t it.

sorry. 

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

Nelly Terraces

Hearts may not be leaving, but I am. Final straw for the game up here for this man. Gonna be heading to see more Leyton Orient games next season - might even join Twitter just to send photos of me at their games to the SPFL page with a "more money not in your corrupt shitey wee game" style posts. Immature I know, but **** them.

HighTimes
2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

It is sheer fantasy - but if it makes people feel better to indulge in sheer fantasy, fill yer boots I say.

We'll no doubt get ****ed over by the dishonest incompetent pricks of the SPFL, get unjustly demoted to the Championship by shit little nobody clubs like Hamilton and St Mirren  - and we'll all still be at Tynie next season (or whenever) because we're Hearts, and we've got enough class to keep supporting the team, no matter what shit the corrupt footballing authorities throw at us.

I don't care what league they put us in, I've been Hearts all my life, and I'm not going to change now (I have been dinking in the garden all day, though, to be fair).

On 07/05/2020 at 10:39, tian447 said:

The Welsh League?

A 900 mile round trip, to play away games at such cracking venues as:

Maes_Tegid.jpg

Maes Tegid (Barry Town)

aberystwyth-town-fc-park-avenue-stadium-

Park Avenue (Aberystwyth Town)

41938700620_6a650cd3ed_b.jpg

Richmond Avenue (Carmarthen Town)

penybontfc-bryntirion-park-clubhouse-end

Kymco Stadium (Pen-y-Bont FC)

Baller of an idea, sign me up.

I'm in. Welsh bursds are dirty middens!

daveyhmfc

SPFL = The Self Preservation Football League. Far too many clubs with self interest at the centre of their decision making. If now is not the right time, when is the right time? Every couple of years we talk about reconstruction but nothing ever happens. Personally, I am sick to the back teeth of Scottish Football. As another posted has previously stated, who wants to watch Hamilton, St Mirren etc. 4 times a season? If you are watching Mr Spence, more than happy for you to retweet. :) 

Jambo-Fox

There will never be another time as good as this to get out of the biggest football cesspit in the world!

C’mon Hearts do it!!

grumpyespana

If teams fold in the Scottish and English leagues like a pack of cards would it more feasible to have a  UK league you never know lol.

The way I feel tonight about Scottish football (I’ve felt it since day one of my footballing life tbh.................. corrupted !!!) I would rather us play in the bottom league in England than have anything to do with the corruption that we have all witnessed from the spfl . We will never escape the Scottish league imo we are where we are (I would love to be wrong). If our finances can stretch to renewing our ST we should, If we normally go to any away games  we should not travel to any of them in the exception to ICT (I will make an effort to go there) hopefully we will take a large support and let the other clubs see what a financial hit they are getting with us not travelling to there grounds , instead spend our well deserved cash and buy Merchandise from tynecastle or subscribe to the FOH if you don’t already do so , again only if it’s affordable. I know this is not good for the players playing with no support but again it’s only my opinion but hearts fans should make a stance and we as fellow hearts supporters should make it public why we don’t travel. We will survive this but I would seriously like to see clubs going to the wall **** them and **** the spfl because in no way on this planet if any association have any sporting integrity they should never allow a club/team/ individual be penalised unnecessary.

we all correctly have our opinions these are just mine .and I’m f*****g raging!!!!!
I need to have a beer!

Edited by One five

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

If teams fold in the Scottish and English leagues like a pack of cards would it more feasible to have a  UK league you never know lol.

I do wonder just how desperate it is for some. 

One thing is for sure SPFL will struggle to find the plan or enough interest to make it viable for some clubs. 

I'd be preserving cash now,  you won't need it in the Championship.  Meanwhile in the Premier the wages and existing expenses are going to suffocate some clubs 

3 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

SPFL = The Self Preservation Football League. Far too many clubs with self interest at the centre of their decision making. If now is not the right time, when is the right time? Every couple of years we talk about reconstruction but nothing ever happens. Personally, I am sick to the back teeth of Scottish Football. As another posted has previously stated, who wants to watch Hamilton, St Mirren etc. 4 times a season? If you are watching Mr Spence, more than happy for you to retweet. :) 

I noticed that Jim Spence has Tweeted a link to this thread in order to mock Hearts fans. What a stand up guy, eh?

Marty Byrde

Embarrassing thread.

We should never have been bottom with the squad we have. Simple as that. 

We'd have happily consigned a mob like Hamilton* or such to the drop if we were one place higher in the league. 

*A club we are oh so much better than but haven't beat all season.

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Embarrassing thread.

We'd have happily consigned a mob like Hamilton* or such to the drop if we were one place higher in the league. 

**** off and support Hamilton then 

Rooster20
19 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Embarrassing thread.

Go home you green vermin

Cornishman
On 12/04/2020 at 00:57, Bauldrick said:

Problem is, where to we apply to  and who would welcome us?  or do we just soldier on, putting up with the present set-up in Scottish football where we will probably never be allowed to win the league championship ever again, the best we can hope for is the occasional good cup run and a flukey cup win despite the best attempts of the match officials to thwart us, I'm now totally p----d off with the way things are going, there's never ever going to be a level playing field, or is it this corona virus thing just getting me down and giving me a despondent and dismal viewpoint of all that is going on around me, cheery wee soul, aint I, now where's that whisky bottle.

At this very moment in time, Belgian & Dutch FAs are in negotiations with UEFA to form a proposed 'BeNe League' from the combination of 10 & 8 (respectively) of their top teams.

Why not throw in an oar and suggest a 'BeNeSc League' instead? Take six from each of the three top divisions... and Bob's-yer-uncle!

Jamhammer
11 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

Embarrassing thread.

Embarrassing post. There are eight games left to play and we may well have finished the season above them. Had we not then fair enough. This is not relegation it is expulsion, pure and simple. A bit like your post.

Marty Byrde
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Embarrassing post. There are eight games left to play and we may well have finished the season above them. Had we not then fair enough. This is not relegation it is expulsion, pure and simple. A bit like your post.

None of that applies, if we weren't bottom, which we were and which is the real embarrassment. There's no way a club the size of ours or with our budget should be bottom of the SPFL at any point. Do you agree?

I'd direct my ire at our incompetent chairwoman and her pet Levein for where we are now. It's a shitty and unprecedented season In many way's but simply put if we aren't bottom we've no chance of going down, much like any other season.

I'd also suggest we'd quite happily have relegated some other side if the table was kinder, which is the way it should be. It's a total riddy that we are being shit on by dross like St Mirren, Hamilton and wee Dempster.

It's a sore one but most of the blame lies at our own door.

DaveT1984

£2.5m buys you a lower League 2 team I reckon, if I was the Board I would be putting out feelers as need to start somewhere. Ideal scenario if our SPFL compo can fund our move to English football. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

None of that applies, if we weren't bottom, which we were and which is the real embarrassment. There's no way a club the size of ours or with our budget should be bottom of the SPFL at any point. Do you agree?

I'd direct my ire at our incompetent chairwoman and her pet Levein for where we are now. It's a shitty and unprecedented season In many way's but simply put if we aren't bottom we've no chance of going down, much like any other season.

I'd also suggest we'd quite happily have relegated some other side if the table was kinder, which is the way it should be. It's a total riddy that we are being shit on by dross like St Mirren, Hamilton and wee Dempster.

We! :rofl:

Marty Byrde
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We! :rofl:

Yup. Even got the shite tattoo to prove it 👍

Marty Byrde is my new account.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Yup. Even got the shite tattoo to prove it 👍

Marty Byrde is my new account.

GIRUY

th.jpeg

Jamhammer
2 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

So. If we were bottom in September, after say 6 games we deserve to be relegated? Or if this had happened when WE were top of the league we'd deserve to be Champions. How about if Rangers were bottom? Would never ****** happen and everybody knows it

Marty Byrde
13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

So. If we were bottom in September, after say 6 games we deserve to be relegated? Or if this had happened when WE were top of the league we'd deserve to be Champions. How about if Rangers were bottom? Would never ****** happen and everybody knows it

You didn't answer my question. Do you agree or not?

I get it, people don't want to countenance our own role in this. Bottom of a league containing Hamilton and St Mirren with boys on 5k a week.

:cornette:

The coup de grace came from these lame reconstruction meetings but let's not **** about, we were doing an excellent job of getting relegated all by ourselves.

The club is a disgrace and has been for a while, it's a joke we are even in this position at all.

Jamhammer
Just now, Marty Byrde said:

You didn't answer my question. Do you agree or not?

I get it, people don't want to countenance our own role in this. Bottom of a league containing Hamilton and St Mirren with boys on 5k a week.

:cornette:

The coup de grace came from these lame reconstruction meetings but let's not **** about, we were doing an excellent job of getting relegated all by ourselves.

The club is a disgrace and has been for a while, it's a joke we are even in this position at all.

I don't agree re the size of the club etc. It's baws. I'm old enough to remember Manchester United getting relegated from the top flight. Should that have happened? Nope but it did because they were bottom of the league at the end of the season. We weren't/arent. Should diddy teams win trophies? No but it happens. We were mismanaged, our recruitment was, by and large dreadful, our injuries were beyond a joke but we WERE NOT BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE AT THE END OF THE SEASON. It's not relegation. It's expulsion. Did we deserve to be bottom of the league? Absolutely and that is disgraceful. Do we deserve to be expelled from it? No.

We'll be back, however long it takes we'll be back and I hope those who attend away games remember those clubs who have contributed to this. I'll be buying my ST  this week and carrying on with my FOH contributions. 

Jamhammer

Also have to say, as a Welshman any Hearts fan who wants us to play in the League of Wales has never been to a game there.

JimCornette

The Peruvian Super League B division would probably take us, but who's to say they'd be any less corrupt. Corruption exists at all levels of football the world over.

On 09/05/2020 at 02:28, Last Laff said:

Why would anyone at a hearts agree to a salary cap?  One of the massive advantages we have over a lot of teams is a much bigger wage on offer.  

For the simple reason imo that it would hit two clubs far harder than it would hit the rest of us.

The advantage you cite still gives us no possibility of ever winning the league.

bean counter
6 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

Remind me which year it was that Hibs needed 1 point from the last eight games to be safe

Didn't get it did they.

They were seventh and ended up relegated

Jambo-Fox

It’s clear the Hearts are on the march!

Out of a small pond and into a bigger one!

There will be a ‘maroon tsunami’ passing through a football town or city near you soon!!

Scottish Football is dead onwards and upwards ...... EFL ........ EPL here we go!!

I think there is still a lot to run on this... I will watch with glee as each Scottish diddy club falls.... a tribe of third lanarks.  Celtic and Rangers playing each other 36 times a season.

I really feel that this time we should honestly at least look at the possibility of joining the english leagues? even if it's like some people say and means starting in their bottom tier. I would take it! after all i support hearts and am pretty much done supporting scottish football now. I mean what have we got to lose seriously?  As much as i would miss winning the scottish cup every odd decade we really are always going to be 3rd at best because of the blatant corruption from the Scottish governing body who are only ever interested in two clubs (guess who). The english bottom tier would be tough and would take years to get up near english championship level, but it's not impossible if you look at the two welsh clubs that have already done it.

I for one hope it happens :) although all that being said will still support hearts if we do remain in the Scottish league. I think boycotting away games and games at hampden is a good way to stick it to them too.

I'm Just so sickened by the way they have thrown us to the wolves.  Admittedly it is our fault that we are bottom of the league, I am in no way denying that fact however as others have said the league isn't finished and we do not deserve to be ejected from it! Spfl gtf!

GilmertonHearts

It's mismanagement that has put is in this position not corruption. If the league gets cslled tomorrow then the only people to blame for our relegation are Budge, Levein and the imposters that are filling the jersey week in week out.

4 fukkin games we have won this season...yes 4...4 games out of 30. Thats not corruption, thats mismanagement and thats our own doing.

We may aswell be honest about it rather than act like one of the paranoid weegie mob, embarrassing ourselves at every turn by throwing tantrums and deflections rather than facing the truth.

Jambo 4 Ever
On 09/05/2020 at 01:26, Marty Byrde said:

Embarrassing thread.

Hard to argue with any of that 

Jambo 4 Ever
12 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It’s clear the Hearts are on the march!

Out of a small pond and into a bigger one!

There will be a ‘maroon tsunami’ passing through a football town or city near you soon!!

Scottish Football is dead onwards and upwards ...... EFL ........ EPL here we go!!

Eh?

Fxxx the SPFL
6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I really feel that this time we should honestly at least look at the possibility of joining the english leagues? even if it's like some people say and means starting in their bottom tier. I would take it! after all i support hearts and am pretty much done supporting scottish football now. I mean what have we got to lose seriously?  As much as i would miss winning the scottish cup every odd decade we really are always going to be 3rd at best because of the blatant corruption from the Scottish governing body who are only ever interested in two clubs (guess who). The english bottom tier would be tough and would take years to get up near english championship level, but it's not impossible if you look at the two welsh clubs that have already done it.

I for one hope it happens :) although all that being said will still support hearts if we do remain in the Scottish league. I think boycotting away games and games at hampden is a good way to stick it to them too.

I'm Just so sickened by the way they have thrown us to the wolves.  Admittedly it is our fault that we are bottom of the league, I am in no way denying that fact however as others have said the league isn't finished and we do not deserve to be ejected from it! Spfl gtf!

spot on time for something fresh gladly join the NPL or whatever and work our way up there's probably more TV money in the English fourth tier than the SP feck off L

20 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Also have to say, as a Welshman any Hearts fan who wants us to play in the League of Wales has never been to a game there.

But we've been to Paisley, Hamilton, Dingwall.