The greatest striker

H2

18 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Brian Clough scored 251 in 274 games before his playing career was ended by injury. 

But only one in the top flight. He was still some player though and there's a double regret for Sunderland supporters, that his career with us  was cut so short and that he never managed us.

Forever Hearts
25 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Great finisher but having Dalglish alongside him made him what he was.

Dalglish definitely helped but Rush still scored for fun after Dalglish retired. 

The Internet
20 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Ronaldo and Messi would be in wheelchairs if they'd played in the 60's and 70's. Norman Hunter, Tommy Smith, Billy Bremner would have crippled them!

Have you seen ronaldo? He'd ko any 70s clogger before they realised who they were trying to tackle. 

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I wonder if any of these animals would make the grade today. Some were just there to injure or take out the opposition Star players.

I think they would have, I think animals is a bit strong. They played the game physically, but were very good defenders even without the physical side. It's interesting, though back in these days there seemed to be a lot less injuries, even with fewer subs. 

3 minutes ago, H2 said:

I think they would have, I think animals is a bit strong. They played the game physically, but were very good defenders even without the physical side. It's interesting, though back in these days there seemed to be a lot less injuries, even with fewer subs. 

Not as quick and mudpatch tottie fields probably helped. Most injuries were broken legs from folk like Chopper Harris. Tommy Smith was some player, I'll give that.

11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Dalglish definitely helped but Rush still scored for fun after Dalglish retired. 

Kenny was some player as were John Barnes and Peter Beardsley.

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not as quick and mudpatch tottie fields probably helped. Most injuries were broken legs from folk like Chopper Harris. Tommy Smith was some player, I'll give that.

😄 - These pitches were tough to play on, though funnily enough Jimmy Greaves used to glide over them. 

I thought I'd try to find out how many legs Ron Harris Broke, came across this article:

Ron Harris tole to break George Best's leg

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Have you seen ronaldo? He'd ko any 70s clogger before they realised who they were trying to tackle. 

Ronaldo clogger Tommy Smith 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by John Findlay

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Aye, but they didn't use steroids back in the 70's. 

Forever Hearts
40 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Close thread. 

gabriel-batistuta_scarc5wm4akd108wsw57yota6.jpg

No. There's been better. 

Thread remains open. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

No. There's been better. 

Thread remains open. 

I'd agree. Batistuta was great but probably not even top 20 all time and not even top 5 in my lifetime. 

Greedy Jambo

Batistuta played in a golden era of absolute quality defenders and for Fiorentina ffs. 

Even in his older days, he came across to england and smashed one of the best Man Utd teams going. 

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Muller. Van Basten. Shearer. 

I find it hard to go as far back as that when footballer's weren't all that fit and the balls were made of steel. 

Shearer, aye. I'll give you that. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

I find it hard to go as far back as that when footballer's weren't all that fit and the balls were made of steel. 

Shearer, aye. I'll give you that. 

Muller was the 70s and Van Basten late 80s and 90s. We're hardly talking the era of dragging the players out of the pub and two fags at half time. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Muller was the 70s and Van Basten late 80s and 90s. We're hardly talking the era of dragging the players out of the pub and two fags at half time. 

Zeefiuk for me. 

Might have to get him back next season.

30 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No. There's been better. 

Thread remains open. 

Agreed.

No doubting he was very, very good, but there have been many better.

Perhaps @luckyBatistuta won’t agree, mind.  :)  

Greedy Jambo

What's the wee felly's name that we just signed? said he scores goals everywhere?

wee tadger boy. errr sake, cannae remember...

****iiiiiiiiiiin. och what's his name, the boy that tattied the ball out of the park, twice in the last kick of the game. 

aww man. cannae remember. 

wee dafty or something.

Wee jimmy the tattie

Edited by Space Pirate

Greedy Jambo

It's coming to me, it's coming,

wee shitey naff boy. 

little wee turdy crappy 6 monthy jobby boy. 

ah ****, what's his name!? 

****in jasper, jasper el carroto.

Who cares. 

Hectormasson
On 08/04/2020 at 18:26, Forever Hearts said:

Brian Clough scored 251 in 274 games before his playing career was ended by injury. 

Unbelievable record....👌👏👏👏👏👏

The Internet
12 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

What's the wee felly's name that we just signed? said he scores goals everywhere?

wee tadger boy. errr sake, cannae remember...

****iiiiiiiiiiin. och what's his name, the boy that tattied the ball out of the park, twice in the last kick of the game. 

aww man. cannae remember. 

wee dafty or something.

Wee jimmy the tattie

Donis Avdijaj.