New deals

neilnunb

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

He also set up Bozanic for his goal v hibs.

Aye, the same way Prince set up Ozturk at ER!!! 

Boyceys dummy was sweet tho. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Pasquale for King

• East Lothian Jambo

• JamboAl

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I'm still bewildered about how Paulo Sergio wasn't deemed worthy of an interview when Levein appointed himself.

This season appointing Stephen Robinson should have been a no-brainer!!

Yes to Sergio, looking back yes to the latter too.

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Henderson is a young player that I do think deserves a new deal.  But then he’s only 19, so has 2 years to develop.

I thought he did quite well when he came in and played 5 or so games on the bounce. I'm sure I read recently his contract was up at the end of next month. That would be a shame for the boy.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Here is a quote from the loan system rules

Players on a season-long loan can be recalled by parent clubs in the January transfer window but only if the two clubs have agreed a recall clause in advance.

Now do you know for definite there was an AGREED break clause?

Yes, all cross border deals have them. Good to see you can google after all, I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say THANK **** FOR THAT.

East Lothian Jambo
53 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I'm still bewildered about how Paulo Sergio wasn't deemed worthy of an interview when Levein appointed himself.

This season appointing Stephen Robinson should have been a no-brainer!!

I very much doubt that had we appointed Robinson we would be staring relegation in the face 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I very much doubt that had we appointed Robinson we would be staring relegation in the face 

There’s no guarantee though considering the squad we have compared with what he’s got there. I would be much more inclined to be looking at their scouts and the Chief Exec.

David McCaig
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There’s no guarantee though considering the squad we have compared with what he’s got there. I would be much more inclined to be looking at their scouts and the Chief Exec.

A motivated side of:

Zlamal

Smith

Hickey

Berra

Souttar

Whelan

Irving

Meshino

Naismith

Clare

Boyce

Should not have been staring relegation in the face!!

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

A motivated side of:

Zlamal

Smith

Hickey

Berra

Souttar

Whelan

Irving

Meshino

Naismith

Clare

Boyce

Berra is finished at this level, NOBODY in the top league wanted him, get that through your head. Whelan did practically nothing and was only here two days a week. Meshino is a luxury player who flits in and out of games. Souttar and Naismith only play about half a season if we are lucky. Zlamal is nowhere near good enough to play for Hearts, I thought you wanted better players?

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Sometimes you need team players. 90% of football is running about. 

It was widely accepted on here that Stendel’s pressing game wasn’t just running about. There’s an awful lot of running about involved though. 

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

A motivated side of:

Zlamal

Smith

Hickey

Berra

Souttar

Whelan

Irving

Meshino

Naismith

Clare

Boyce

Three managers couldn’t get that lot motivated. Also Berra went to Dundee and Whelan to Fleetwood. Why do you think neither found a higher levels after Hearts? 

Zlamal is garbage as well. 

Bazzas right boot

Always thought Brandon looked decent when given a run. 

Moore, unsure of tbh.

Both Likley low cost and will be at worst  squad players. 

Nothing to get excited about, but no need to be wetting pants either. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It was widely accepted on here that Stendel’s pressing game wasn’t just running about. There’s an awful lot of running about involved though. 

Indeed. It’s about running at the right times but still if you can’t run you will be found wanting. Our defence wasn't up to the task either at first. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Moore, unsure of tbh.

Agreed, I think this thread is thriving due to the lockdown. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Moore, unsure of tbh.

Brandon was playing well ‘till his injury. Seemed to have found himself again after taking a while to recover from his last injury. I have high hopes for him tbh.

David McCaig
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Three managers couldn’t get that lot motivated. Also Berra went to Dundee and Whelan to Fleetwood. Why do you think neither found a higher levels after Hearts? 

Zlamal is garbage as well. 

Dundee are 3 places below us in the League ladder at present and Fleetwood are in the running for promotion to the English Championship with Whelan having played every minute of every game since going there.

I know they were underachieving for us, but I still that was indicative of the malaise around the club, rather than them both being completely finished (although not denying they are past their best).

What is certain is that we got zero new Manager bounce under Stendel and young guys like Moore were thrown in for no logical reason.

Just now, David McCaig said:

Dundee are 3 places below us in the League ladder at present and Fleetwood are in the running for promotion to the English Championship with Whelan having played every minute of every game since going there.

I know they were underachieving for us, but I still that was indicative of the malaise around the club, rather than them both being completely finished (although not denying they are past their best).

What is certain is that we got zero new Manager bounce under Stendel and young guys like Moore were thrown in for no logical reason.

Stopped reading at league ladder. Have another try if you want?

David McCaig
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Brandon was playing well ‘till his injury. Seemed to have found himself again after taking a while to recover from his last injury. I have high hopes for him tbh.

Brandon was playing well before Stendel arrived.  Stendel  immediately binned him!!  He was then injured as soon as he returned to the team.

Just now, David McCaig said:

Brandon was playing well before Stendel arrived.  Stendel  immediately binned him!!  He was then injured as soon as he returned to the team.

Stendel has tried practically every player in the squad. When he got round to Brandon he got injured. He wasn’t binned 

Guest ToqueJambo

Hopefully, we look after all our youngsters like this. I'd be more than happy to see a team of mostly youngsters, with a couple of old heads, line up for our first game in whatever league we're in.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Stendel has tried practically every player in the squad. When he got round to Brandon he got injured. He wasn’t binned 

Best player in 3 preceding games against Rangers, Livingston and Motherwell, before Stendel arrived... immediately dropped to the bench for Stendel’s first match v St Johnstone!!

Kidd’s Boots

Really pleased that Moore has been rewarded for recent efforts with an extension, and DS obviously thinks there's more to come from Brandon also. I hope talks are ongoing with Henderson too, as he is another who has shown promise in this system

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Best player in 3 preceding games against Rangers, Livingston and Motherwell, before Stendel arrived... immediately dropped to the bench for Stendel’s first match v St Johnstone!!

so why don’t you want him to stay?

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Because both Hickey and Smith were available maybe?

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Henderson is a young player that I do think deserves a new deal.  But then he’s only 19, so has 2 years to develop.

You stop developing at 21? Who knew 🤷‍♂️

isn't it a funny time to offer new contracts.   Does Anne know which league we will be in or is it just making sure we have enough players for Championship..

5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Some happy news. Both of these good Hearts boys deserve their deals. Moore in particular can be proud, with the adversity he faced last year in the loss of his father. He has worked his socks off, there’s a bright future ahead for him wearing a Hearts shirt. Could go on to play a lot of games for us with the work rate and desire he has shown. 

It doesn’t look likely either of them are in the class of player who’ll sell for big money, but give them time, that’s how you get good long servants of players. Bring them through, give them steady game time and be patient.

I don't rate Moore at all but I am a terrible judge of a player at times so If he is getting a new deal, good luck to him. Deserves a break the boy. 

I'd keep. Brandon, Smith, Souttar, Dikamona, Hickey, Irving, Clare, Cochrane, C. Smith, Moore, McDonald, Henderson, Naisy & Boyce

Maybe only 5 or 6 of them would get in the starting XI tbh. 

Edited by Cruyff

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd keep. Brandon, Smith, Souttar, Dikamona, Hickey, Irving, Clare, Cochrane, C. Smith, Moore, McDonald, Henderson, Naisy & Boyce

Maybe only 5 or 6 of them would get in the starting XI tbh. 

Noble as it is of Dikamona to forego a wage, he’s another player who shouldn’t be anywhere near a contract renewal

I’d agree with that list bar Dikamona and Moore.. maybe a final 12 month deal for Brandon.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes, all cross border deals have them. Good to see you can google after all, I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say THANK **** FOR THAT.

Is that your get-out for being spectacularly WRONG.

I expected a little humility with your apology.... oh wait.

PS - I didn't google it.  I don't use Google.

4 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Who are you talking about? Sibbick and who else? 

January recruitment hasn't helped us improve.  Results surely illustrate that 

Who is it your leaping in to defend here? Stendel or just anyone against those with the temerity to suggest the 3rd biggest club in the country might just ought to be doing a little better 

I'm talking about Sibbick and Boyce.  The latter had a back injury as well as a bout of tonsillitis and IIRC had to be taken off in a game because he was done for.

The highlighted part is typical Spencer crap.  Unless someone (could that be you?) attacks there is no need to defend anything.  That is your siegementality when someone dares to disagree with your bombastic biased nonsense.

FWIW I do agree we should have done better but we didn't and that now is the reality we all have to live with.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is that your get-out for being spectacularly WRONG.

I expected a little humility with your apology.... oh wait.

PS - I didn't google it.  I don't use Google.

How was I wrong, I said all deals have the break clause and they can 🤷🏾‍♂️? Did you find that I was right about cross border deals and that both the players you asked about have them. No shit you don’t use google, or your brain. Another thread passed you by as you argue about stuff that matters little, the two of them have contributed little and should’ve been returned. That’s 5 complete wastes of money from Manchester, no more.

East Lothian Jambo
25 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm talking about Sibbick and Boyce.  The latter had a back injury as well as a bout of tonsillitis and IIRC had to be taken off in a game because he was done for.

The highlighted part is typical Spencer crap.  Unless someone (could that be you?) attacks there is no need to defend anything.  That is your siegementality when someone dares to disagree with your bombastic biased nonsense.

FWIW I do agree we should have done better but we didn't and that now is the reality we all have to live with.

I was referring to another poster who'd responded to you 

I have no idea what you're going on about 

Lets leave it there before you start ranting and raving 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, the same way Prince set up Ozturk at ER!!! 

Boyceys dummy was sweet tho. 

😂

48 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I was referring to another poster who'd responded to you 

I have no idea what you're going on about 

Lets leave it there before you start ranting and raving 

You're certainly right about the highlighted bit.

Low wage squad players who are willing to fight for the jersey. 

Some need to remember you need squad players who are motivated. We can't expect a top 6 right back to play 2nd choice to Michael Smith every week. 

If you had a 4231 with Walker Naismith and Washington behind Boyce or even Clare wide right then Moore wouldn't be starting either. He's proven he can impact games by taking men on against Hibs and Rangers. 

They've done well under Stendel and can develop and learn more. I'd give them a year anyway.

David McCaig
9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Yeah, one player was in the box when he passed, the other was in the centre circle, exactly the same.

I don't really rate Moore very highly, a bit of promise yes but hasn't done too much. I was merely pointing out to another poster that to say he had contributed zero was incorrect. 

Assists for the winning goals v Rangers and Hibs is not bad going, that's all. I wasn't looking for an argument.

Re the Moore assist v Hibs, it was probably In response to me and you were probably right, although ultimately it was Boyce’s quick thinking and ingenuity that created the opportunity for Bozanic.

Edited by David McCaig

David McCaig
1 hour ago, jambo19 said:

Low wage squad players who are willing to fight for the jersey. 

Some need to remember you need squad players who are motivated. We can't expect a top 6 right back to play 2nd choice to Michael Smith every week. 

If you had a 4231 with Walker Naismith and Washington behind Boyce or even Clare wide right then Moore wouldn't be starting either. He's proven he can impact games by taking men on against Hibs and Rangers. 

They've done well under Stendel and can develop and learn more. I'd give them a year anyway.

Realistically, no one has really done well under Stendel!!

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Realistically, no one has really done well under Stendel!!

Bozanic has. 

Very well in fact. 

East Lothian Jambo
29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bozanic has. 

Very well in fact. 

Clare too 

5 hours ago, David McCaig said:

You understand their was no new manager bounce because the senior players didn’t want to do the training required to play a high press. They also didn’t want a “foreign” manager cause he wouldn’t “get” the Scottish game. I remember speaking with Kyle Lafferty at the league cup final who said, as he knows am a Jambo, that we should’ve went for Jack Ross cause the players won’t like having to “work” under Stendel. Thoughts echoed by Elvis and Fraser Aird 🤷🏼‍♂️ Random I know but he was there too. 

Whelan, living in Manchester and only flying up the day before match days, spat the Dummy cause he was told to move up here if he wanted to be part of the plans. Naismith told to report to training daily and no longer allowed to train at home away from the group. The older pro’s had their extra days off taken away and made to attended every session. The players that weren’t involved in match days were also told they had to attend the matches and support the side, something that went down like a lead balloon. The manager also had none of his own back room team in place and was left to work with Daly and the like, who we all knew where garbage. He also had to deal with the fact that Levein and MacPhee where still kicking around. Add into all that, that he moved here without his family, was instantly on the end of the negative press we experienced the last time we never gave the gig to a “gid Scottish laddie”. And we haven’t even dived into the fact that he never signed any of these duds, Mulraney warming up pre derby with ear phones in, Wighton who should never have been near a Hearts jersey, a 36 year old striker who was signed even tho the manager that signed him knew he was past it, 2 league goals a season Uche...............He’s done an amazing job all things considered. 

Stendel has made 3 mistakes in his time with us. 1, his derby selection and approach at tynie. 2, sticking with Joel for as long as he did. 3, to slow to address the full backs being to far forward. 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You understand their was no new manager bounce because the senior players didn’t want to do the training required to play a high press. They also didn’t want a “foreign” manager cause he wouldn’t “get” the Scottish game. I remember speaking with Kyle Lafferty at the league cup final who said, as he knows am a Jambo, that we should’ve went for Jack Ross cause the players won’t like having to “work” under Stendel. Thoughts echoed by Elvis and Fraser Aird 🤷🏼‍♂️ Random I know but he was there too. 

Whelan, living in Manchester and only flying up the day before match days, spat the Dummy cause he was told to move up here if he wanted to be part of the plans. Naismith told to report to training daily and no longer allowed to train at home away from the group. The older pro’s had their extra days off taken away and made to attended every session. The players that weren’t involved in match days were also told they had to attend the matches and support the side, something that went down like a lead balloon. The manager also had none of his own back room team in place and was left to work with Daly and the like, who we all knew where garbage. He also had to deal with the fact that Levein and MacPhee where still kicking around. Add into all that, that he moved here without his family, was instantly on the end of the negative press we experienced the last time we never gave the gig to a “gid Scottish laddie”. And we haven’t even dived into the fact that he never signed any of these duds, Mulraney warming up pre derby with ear phones in, Wighton who should never have been near a Hearts jersey, a 36 year old striker who was signed even tho the manager that signed him knew he was past it, 2 league goals a season Uche...............He’s done an amazing job all things considered. 

Stendel has made 3 mistakes in his time with us. 1, his derby selection and approach at tynie. 2, sticking with Joel for as long as he did. 3, to slow to address the full backs being to far forward. 

Great post 👍🏽

David McCaig
8 hours ago, busby1985 said:

In terms of mistakes:

1. Doing no research prior to arrival

2. Immediately dropping Brandon who had been MOM in 3 previous matches

3.  Starting MacLean in First 4 matches

4. Playing a style of football we clearly couldn't play at a time when every point was vital.

5. Trying to shoe horn Naismith, Boyce and Washington in same team, when we are clearly better with 2 from 3. 

6. Tactics akin to throwing a giant Hail Mary at every play.  Best performances against Rangers/Hibs achieved by going back to an old school solid 442.

7. Binned that tactic at half time v St Mirren... Full backs pushed high - 5 minutes for long Ball straight through middle of exposed defence.

8. Seemingly the only Manager in Scottish Football who actually rates Lewis Moore!!

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

In terms of mistakes:

4. Playing a style of football we clearly couldn't play at a time when every point was vital.

5. Trying to shoe horn Naismith, Boyce and Washington in same team, when we are clearly better with 2 from 3. 

6. Tactics akin to throwing a giant Hail Mary at every play.  Best performances against Rangers/Hibs achieved by going back to an old school solid 442.

7. Binned that tactic at half time v St Mirren... Full backs pushed high - 5 minutes for long Ball straight through middle of exposed defence.

8. Seemingly the only Manager in Scottish Football who actually rates Lewis Moore!!

Other than that what have the Romans ever done for us ?

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great post 👍🏽

Decent post 

Gonna be controversial and say that CL isn't a a problem for him. He said so himself. 

In fact, he done a lot of the donkey work for him. Helped him even. 

Also, going with Maclean wasn't a great call. 

His stubbornness or desire to impress his game on the team was /is also. An issue. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

In terms of mistakes:

1. Wanted to come in the summer, was convinced or begged to come here now and help out ASAP as we didn’t want to go the remainder of the season under MacPhee. The senior players fed that back to budge, the same ones that didn’t perform under Levein, didn’t want to work for MacPhee and now aren’t working for Stendel. Kinda points to where all the problems are. 
2. Brandon was injured. 
3. MacLean was the only “striker” and only senior pro that bought into what Stendel was trying to do. Not Stendels fault that’s all he had to work with. If you want to be angry at MacLean, I’d refer you to Levein’s interview when he signed for Hearts. 
4. A new manager brought in specifically to play that style of football, hence the reason he was appointed. A manager that before joining seen what we all thought we could see, a group of senior international players bored playing not to get beat. Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Souttar, Smith, Whelan, Washington all should’ve been capable of playing any formation or style. As we’ve seen since and it’s the only slight bit of sympathy I have for Levein is that we could have pep in charge, the attitudes of this group of players is our main problem. Nothin to do with formations, tactics etc etc all about their mentality. 
5. So I’ve only bothered to go back as far as the Hamilton game but at no point have we played Boyce, Naismith and Washington from the start 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ Each game we’ve started two of the three or one of the three and brought one or two of them on to help change the game. So you seem to have the same idea as Stendel but cause you don’t rate him can’t see it, don’t worry, you aren’t the only Hearts fan that can’t see what’s in front of them. 
6. The tactics he adopted and as I said, one of his only mistakes in my eyes. Have to point out in the effort of remaining fair, Stendel can’t help the individual errors that have cost us. Hibs at tynie, Celtic at tynie, Killie at tynie, St Johnston away, Celtic away, Rangers at home, Hamilton at home, Motherwell at home all had major individual errors. Some horrendous goal keeping erros, basically lack of positioning from defenders (hence why he’s had them training with rope and goggles), basic passing errors etc etc. Every formation has flaws and the manager has addressed them, waited too long imo to do so, so as i said, one of his only mistakes so far. 
8. This seems to be the whole crux of your anger cause he rates Lewis Moore and has offered him an extension. You can also add in the Scotland under 21 manager as someone who rates Moore. 

We’ve been horrendous for 3 years, a decline that was always heading to this. I get the frustrations, I am frustrated myself. My point is this tho. Stendel is still pissing with Leveins cock.  The attitude amongst this squad of players is atrocious, as we are seeing play out now with the refusal to accept pay cuts etc. Stendel needs more time, time he’ll be afforded by Budge. As we’ve seen in small glimpses under Stendel, when everything clicks it works. That’s enough for me to let him have a pre season, rid the place of the dross and have 8 weeks working with the group daily on fitness and tactics etc etc. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Decent post 

Gonna be controversial and say that CL isn't a a problem for him. He said so himself. 

In fact, he done a lot of the donkey work for him. Helped him even. 

Also, going with Maclean wasn't a great call. 

His stubbornness or desire to impress his game on the team was /is also. An issue. 

He’s hardly going to say “aye he’s a pain in the arse” 😂😂 but I get your point. 

Any new manager was always going to try impose his style on the side. As I said to David, at the time of Stendels appointment every single person put our form down to Leveins dull tactics and the players being bored of it. Any new manager, Robinson, Robbo (😂), Locke (😂) would’ve done the same. His stubbornness to tweak it was an issue, I agree there. 

Why was MacLean ever even signed haha. Reread the statements when he was signed and it makes it even more bizarre haha. 

David McCaig

1. What would coming in the summer have achieved?  We weren’t even half way through the coming season

2.  Brandon was on the bench v St Johnstone, he was injured in the subsequent game v Celtic

3. He chose MacLean over Uche, Wighton and Henderson.  Not great options but clearly issues with Uche from the start.

4.Exemplifies why we should have gone for Stephen Robinson or even a grizzled veteran like Tommy Wright ( and I know how desperate that sounds!!)

5. The Falkirk cup game is the only match in which Naismith/Boyce/Washington have started, but we have switched to this three on numerous occasions.  Our shape against St Mirren in particular was shambolic, everyone including those 3 and Lewis Moore playing through the centre and no one even attempting to go wide.

6. The biggest problem we had under Levein, was being hyper negative and hoping that Naismith would conjure a goal from somewhere... obviously that all went to pot once Naismith was injured last season.  The biggest problem we have under Stendel is that we now have goal scoring options, but the defence structure is shot to ribbons.  He was also far, far too slow to drop Pereira, clearly preferring his ability with the ball at his feet, to any ability to keep the ball out the net

8.  The Lewis Moore situation concerns me, because firstly I don’t think he’s good enough.  Secondly,  for Stendel to come good we need him to be a wizard in the transfer market and in my opinion, I am far from convinced that he is a good judge of a player. The signing of Avdijaj and our tactics in general suggest that Stendel is very much a gambler, indeed this is reflected in his career results as a Manager in which his teams are either a complete success or total disaster.  What we need at the moment is a safe experienced pair of hands that knows the Scottish game inside out.

Edited by David McCaig