• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Pasquale for King

• East Lothian Jambo

• JamboAl

I think both deserve a years extension tbh. Moore has done well since he came back from his loan. Brandon was playing well before being unlucky  with injury. 

Hungry hippo

Fair enough. Moore has made real progress and we will struggle to get a better player than Brandon to provide cover at RB. Both should provide decent value for money.

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Preparing for life in the Championship, if true.

How come ? I would question what football matches you watched up until the virus outbreak.

I think Jamie Brandon deserves it. A player on his way out under Levein.

I mentioned previously that his debut game for Scotland U21s seems to have given him a boost in confidence. 

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

He also set up Bozanic for his goal v hibs.

While I don’t agree that Moore offers nothing I’m inclined to give Boyce the credit for leaving the pass to Bozanic for that one. 

alicante jambo
59 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pick it out. Never tire of watching that. The fans going berserk.

A_A wehatethehibs

Some happy news. Both of these good Hearts boys deserve their deals. Moore in particular can be proud, with the adversity he faced last year in the loss of his father. He has worked his socks off, there’s a bright future ahead for him wearing a Hearts shirt. Could go on to play a lot of games for us with the work rate and desire he has shown. 

It doesn’t look likely either of them are in the class of player who’ll sell for big money, but give them time, that’s how you get good long servants of players. Bring them through, give them steady game time and be patient.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Some happy news. Both of these good Hearts boys deserve their deals. Moore in particular can be proud, with the adversity he faced last year in the loss of his father. He has worked his socks off, there’s a bright future ahead for him wearing a Hearts shirt. Could go on to play a lot of games for us with the work rate and desire he has shown. 

It doesn’t look likely either of them are in the class of player who’ll sell for big money, but give them time, that’s how you get good long servants of players. Bring them through, give them steady game time and be patient.

This. 

Hmmm not sure here both Brandon and Moore have been ok. Based on not being on much its probably worth a punt to see how they develop.

Horatio Caine

I think that's where the future is, with a majority of youngsters playing, helped by a couple of older heads, eg SN

David McCaig
52 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Brandon and Moore offered new deals according to the Sun.

Hmmm not sure how excited I am about that.

Good to know that the club still has loads of spare cash to fritter away.

The sort of players that could actually make heavy weather of getting out the Championship!!

David McCaig
Just now, Horatio Caine said:

I think that's where the future is, with a majority of youngsters playing, helped by a couple of older heads, eg SN

Brandon and Moore can no longer be classed as youngsters.

Pasquale for King

They are both the type of players Stendel wants to have in his squad. They both have a lot to learn but if they were as good as Hickey for example then they would be leaving shortly. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They are both the type of players Stendel wants to have in his squad. They both have a lot to learn but if they were as good as Hickey for example then they would be leaving shortly. 

Brandon is 5 years older than Hickey.... 5 years!!!!

East Lothian Jambo
Just now, David McCaig said:

He's been a bit unfortunate with injury though 

Hickey is an exception rather than the norm. He was the most composed footballer on the park in the cup final last May in only his 5th first team appearance at 16 

Brandon and Moore aren't world beaters. They can improve though and they display a good work ethic and a willingness to learn and improve 

That sets them apart from some of the shite we've accumulated. I'd be hunting vast numbers of the first team squad before these lads 

Hopefully they sign up and push on whenever football resumes 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Indeed he is well done, probably played about the same amount of games too. One game more in fact for Brandon per year than Hickey. I didn’t mention age did I?

Moore and Brandon are decent squad players and if we do go down will do well when required down below. 
Stendel wants to build a team of hungry guys in their twenties with some older heads like SN/LB/MS.

David McCaig
Just now, East Lothian Jambo said:

Hickey is an exception rather than the norm. He was the most composed footballer on the park in the cup final last May in only his 5th first team appearance at 16 

Brandon and Moore aren't world beaters. They can improve though and they display a good work ethic and a willingness to learn and improve 

That sets them apart from some of the shite we've accumulated. I'd be hunting vast numbers of the first team squad before these lads 

Put it another way, if Brandon and Moore didn't play for Hearts, we wouldn't dream of signing them in a million years.

They are bottom 6 SPL/Championship players at best... filling the squad with such mediocrity is not a recipe for success.

Their contracts are coming to an end, now is the time to thank them for their efforts and say goodbye.  All they would be doing is blocking the pathway for genuine youngsters and wasting money that could be spent on proper first team players.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Well put.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Put it another way, if Brandon and Moore didn't play for Hearts, we wouldn't dream of signing them in a million years.

They are bottom 6 SPL/Championship players at best... filling the squad with such mediocrity is not a recipe for success.

Their contracts are coming to an end, now is the time to thank them for their efforts and say goodbye.  All they would be doing is blocking the pathway for genuine youngsters and wasting money that could be spent on proper first team players.

What genuine youngsters is that? We don’t have much coming through as far as I’m aware? More jam tomorrow from CL. 
If Stendel wants to give them new deals then I’m happy with that.

Edited by Pasquale for King

David McCaig
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed he is well done, probably played about the same amount of games too. One game more in fact for Brandon per year than Hickey. I didn’t mention age did I?

Moore and Brandon are decent squad players and if we do go down will do well when required down below. 
Stendel wants to build a team of hungry guys in their twenties with some older heads like SN/LB/MS.

Lewis Moore may well be ravenous, but it doesn't change the fact that he is an epically bang average footballer.

I see nothing in Moore which suggests he is any better than David Smith.  He's not in the same class as even Sam Nicholson or Billy King.

David McCaig
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

What genuine youngsters is that? We don’t have much coming through as far as I’m aware? More jam tomorrow from CL.

Anthony McDonald for starters

Pasquale for King

Anthony McDonald for starters

Stendel gave him a chance and took him off after 29 minutes for not following instructions. He is a good prospect and will hopefully progress, Moore isn’t really blocking that though. I can’t think of many others?

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Lewis Moore may well be ravenous, but it doesn't change the fact that he is an epically bang average footballer.

I see nothing in Moore which suggests he is any better than David Smith.  He's not in the same class as even Sam Nicholson or Billy King.

Sometimes you need team players. 90% of football is running about. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Fair enough. 

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

And?

Berra was 23-24 before he was a regular starter for Hearts. Went on to play 300+ games at a higher level including 30 or 40 Scotland caps.

Robbie Neilson, similar story, he was early to mid 20s before he was playing regular, went on to 200 games for Hearts.

Jamie Macdonald I thin was 26 by the time he eventually got the #1. 5-1 legend 

Don’t think Brandon is in the Berra class but he could be a good servant for us. Folk need to give the more average young players more time, not everybody breaks through at 16 and is the best player in the team like the Paterson’s and Hickeys and make you millions. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

And?

Berra was 23-24 before he was a regular starter for Hearts. Went on to play 300+ games at a higher level including 30 or 40 Scotland caps.

Robbie Neilson, similar story, he was early to mid 20s before he was playing regular, went on to 200 games for Hearts.

Jamie Macdonald I thin was 26 by the time he eventually got the #1. 5-1 legend 

Don’t think Brandon is in the Berra class but he could be a good servant for us. Folk need to give the more average young players more time, not everybody breaks through at 16 and is the best player in the team like the Paterson’s and Hickeys and make you millions. 

Christophe Berra was sold to Wolves for £3m at the age of 24 by which time he was a full Scotland international and club captain with 123 games under his belt!!

@Bongo 1874 👀 😂

Stendel likes the young guys, likes their attitude compared to the older senior pro’s who seem reluctant to change. A years extension to both seems sensible. 

East Lothian Jambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Stendel gave him a chance and took him off after 29 minutes for not following instructions. He is a good prospect and will hopefully progress, Moore isn’t really blocking that though. I can’t think of many others?

I get the point @David McCaig is making. If we want to improve we do need better than this pair. There is danger that as a support we become accepting of mediocrity, or worse. That's what Levein created. Our owner has been talking about top 4 for last 4 years. We've missed that target by over 20 points last 2 years before this shitshow

Cochrane and Macdonald have more natural talent than Moore and Brandon. There is major question marks over their temperament and attitude though. It could be over before its begun for Cochrane in particular.  He needs someone to be having serious and frank words with him. Macdonald is the same 

Both Moore and Brandon could improve I believe. On the basis that an Academy that's had plenty of investment and time isn't producing an abundance of talent I'd be happy to give both another year 

I would definitely be booting arses of Cochrane and Macdonald though. Not fulfilling potential isn't acceptable 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Christophe Berra was sold to Wolves for £3m at the age of 24 by which time he was a full Scotland international and club captain with 123 games under his belt!!

Yes but do you remember him in 2007 and 2008 under frail when we finished 8th? It was the 08-09 season he got the captaincy and established himself as the number one choice and got his first caps. As you said he was 23-24

He was not 16 like Hickey - is the point being made here. 

heartsfc_fan

Good match day squad players. No issue with them staying at all.

Moore in particular has come on a lot since Stendel arrived.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I get the point @David McCaig is making. If we want to improve we do need better than this pair. There is danger that as a support we become accepting of mediocrity, or worse. That's what Levein created. Our owner has been talking about top 4 for last 4 years. We've missed that target by over 20 points last 2 years before this shitshow

Cochrane and Macdonald have more natural talent than Moore and Brandon. There is major question marks over their temperament and attitude though. It could be over before its begun for Cochrane in particular.  He needs someone to be having serious and frank words with him. Macdonald is the same 

Both Moore and Brandon could improve I believe. On the basis that an Academy that's had plenty of investment and time isn't producing an abundance of talent I'd be happy to give both another year 

I would definitely be booting arses of Cochrane and Macdonald though. Not fulfilling potential isn't acceptable 

All fair points. I get his point too, I just think if the manager seems to think they’re worth another year then I trust his judgement. I wasn’t dancing round the living room when  I read about the deals. It be different if Hickey signed a new 4 year deal.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

@Bongo 1874 👀 😂

Stendel likes the young guys, likes their attitude compared to the older senior pro’s who seem reluctant to change. A years extension to both seems sensible. 

Which is maybe part of the reason why Stendel has been an unmitigated disaster so far!!

It's five years since Moore made his first team debut, what is it we are unsure about, that requires another 12 months.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes but do you remember him in 2007 and 2008 under frail when we finished 8th? It was the 08-09 season he got the captaincy and established himself as the number one choice and got his first caps. As you said he was 23-24

He was not 16 like Hickey - is the point being made here. 

Laszlo seemed to bring him on a lot irc.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

All fair points. I get his point too, I just think if the manager seems to think they’re worth another year then I trust his judgement. I wasn’t dancing round the living room when  I read about the deals. It be different if Hickey signed a new 4 year deal.

From what I've seen so far, other than Sibbick, Stendel is an awful judge of a player!!

Pasquale for King

Which is maybe part of the reason why Stendel has been an unmitigated disaster so far!!

It's five years since Moore made his first team debut, what is it we are unsure about, that requires another 12 months.

Unmitigated disaster, he’s beaten Rangers at Tynecastle two more times than the charlatan who assembled this squad has in his whole career. 
Who would you have got and how would he have got any more out of this squad full of unfit, chicken hearted mugs? 

East Lothian Jambo
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Some people will see you as brutal.  The reality is if more fans weren't so willingly accepting of mediocrity and pish we wouldn't have been where we were before lockdown 

More vociferous fans would've forced Budge on Levein 18/24 months ago. Indeed they may have made it clear his appointment to begin with was a non starter and saved us 3 years of misery after a failed experiment 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo