New deals

neilnunb

East Lothian Jambo
20 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

1. What would coming in the summer have achieved?  We weren’t even half way through the coming season

2.  Brandon was on the bench v St Johnstone, he was injured in the subsequent game v Celtic

3. He chose MacLean over Uche, Wighton and Henderson.  Not great options but clearly issues with Uche from the start.

4.Exemplifies why we should have gone for Stephen Robinson or even a grizzled veteran like Tommy Wright ( and I know how desperate that sounds!!)

5. The Falkirk cup game is the only match in which Naismith/Boyce/Washington have started, but we have switched to this three on numerous occasions.  Our shape against St Mirren in particular was shambolic, everyone including those 3 and Lewis Moore playing through the centre and no one even attempting to go wide.

6. The biggest problem we had under Levein, was being hyper negative and hoping that Naismith would conjure a goal from somewhere... obviously that all went to pot once Naismith was injured last season.  The biggest problem we have under Stendel is that we now have goal scoring options, but the defence structure is shot to ribbons.  He was also far, far too slow to drop Pereira, clearly preferring his ability with the ball at his feet, to any ability to keep the ball out the net

8.  The Lewis Moore situation concerns me, because firstly I don’t think he’s good enough.  Secondly,  for Stendel to come good we need him to be a wizard in the transfer market and in my opinion, I am far from convinced that he is a good judge of a player. The signing of Avdijaj and our tactics in general suggest that Stendel is very much a gambler, indeed this is reflected in his career results as a Manager in which his teams are either a complete success or total disaster.  What we need at the moment is a safe experienced pair of hands that knows the Scottish game inside out.

We should have gone down this route when Budge reluctantly removed Levein in a half arsed way 

Taking 6 weeks to bring in Stendel cost us further. Trying to impose a particular style ahead of gathering points by whatever means surely wasnt our priority 

Whilst I admire Budge for saying she'll do whatever to respond should we be relegated without conclusion of the season,  I'd feel a bit more comfortable if she had acted more responsibly over the last couple of years to avoid this calamity 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Pasquale for King

• East Lothian Jambo

• JamboAl

14 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

1. What would coming in the summer have achieved?  We weren’t even half way through the coming season

2.  Brandon was on the bench v St Johnstone, he was injured in the subsequent game v Celtic

3. He chose MacLean over Uche, Wighton and Henderson.  Not great options but clearly issues with Uche from the start.

4.Exemplifies why we should have gone for Stephen Robinson or even a grizzled veteran like Tommy Wright ( and I know how desperate that sounds!!)

5. The Falkirk cup game is the only match in which Naismith/Boyce/Washington have started, but we have switched to this three on numerous occasions.  Our shape against St Mirren in particular was shambolic, everyone including those 3 and Lewis Moore playing through the centre and no one even attempting to go wide.

6. The biggest problem we had under Levein, was being hyper negative and hoping that Naismith would conjure a goal from somewhere... obviously that all went to pot once Naismith was injured last season.  The biggest problem we have under Stendel is that we now have goal scoring options, but the defence structure is shot to ribbons.  He was also far, far too slow to drop Pereira, clearly preferring his ability with the ball at his feet, to any ability to keep the ball out the net

8.  The Lewis Moore situation concerns me, because firstly I don’t think he’s good enough.  Secondly,  for Stendel to come good we need him to be a wizard in the transfer market and in my opinion, I am far from convinced that he is a good judge of a player. The signing of Avdijaj and our tactics in general suggest that Stendel is very much a gambler, indeed this is reflected in his career results as a Manager in which his teams are either a complete success or total disaster.  What we need at the moment is a safe experienced pair of hands that knows the Scottish game inside out.

I am interested in what the hell happened with him and Uche. I'd have thought he'd be someone that Stendel would like - loads of effort all of the time. Suspect the general lack of ability/ quality in the final 3rd from him means even with the effort it can't be justified over other options. 

Failing to drop Pereria earlier was a mistake. I think I've heard he's outstanding in training though. Obviously we only see match days so its not a complete picture. I do agree though, this is the most important part of being a footballer. If you shit the bed when it matters, nothing else you do counts. 

I think you're being quite harsh on Moore. He's not a young Andy driver, nowhere near. It doesn't make him a bad player. I'd argue he's actually showing more promise than Morrison despite Morrison looking more of the part physically. Stendel is clearly behind the laddie and his confidence will only continue to soar which can only be a good thing. 

I think DS can push our club on. Its a risk, but we don't have the resources to go out and sign a quality manager that can also push the club on. Guys like Robinson or Wright are bog standard managers who do a job and little else. I want someone who I believe can grow the club on the pitch. Scottish football is laughable in terms of professionalism and having someone who comes from a background where professionalism is important I think can only help things here. His style of football is engaging and exciting to watch. Firmly believe when football restarts and DS has had time to bring in his guys we'll see a massive change. Levein is a loser that signed losers. We'll see the back of a lot of so called senior pro's in the summer/ whenever the window is. Personally cannot wait. 

A safe pair of hands that knows the Scottish game inside out, someone who’s been there and done it? Someone like Levein?????? 🙈🙈 Stendel is what we need and if he’s given the time and the afforded the same opportunities as levein, he’ll be more than fine with us. He was left with a 38 man squad 😭😭 absolutely crazy stuff. He needs to rid the place of at least 28 players. Wright and Robinson would still have to have had to deal with the attitude of these pre Madonna’s which we’ve seen seems to be the major issue. Am still happy to let Stendel have a proper kick at the ball when ever we actual get back to playing. Am also not 100% convinced Donis was a Stendel signing, he fits the mould of a Murray/Levein moneyball gamble type signing. Same bracket as Watt, Amankwa etx etx. 

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I am interested in what the hell happened with him and Uche. I'd have thought he'd be someone that Stendel would like - loads of effort all of the time. Suspect the general lack of ability/ quality in the final 3rd from him means even with the effort it can't be justified over other options. 

Failing to drop Pereria earlier was a mistake. I think I've heard he's outstanding in training though. Obviously we only see match days so its not a complete picture. I do agree though, this is the most important part of being a footballer. If you shit the bed when it matters, nothing else you do counts. 

I think you're being quite harsh on Moore. He's not a young Andy driver, nowhere near. It doesn't make him a bad player. I'd argue he's actually showing more promise than Morrison despite Morrison looking more of the part physically. Stendel is clearly behind the laddie and his confidence will only continue to soar which can only be a good thing. 

I think DS can push our club on. Its a risk, but we don't have the resources to go out and sign a quality manager that can also push the club on. Guys like Robinson or Wright are bog standard managers who do a job and little else. I want someone who I believe can grow the club on the pitch. Scottish football is laughable in terms of professionalism and having someone who comes from a background where professionalism is important I think can only help things here. His style of football is engaging and exciting to watch. Firmly believe when football restarts and DS has had time to bring in his guys we'll see a massive change. Levein is a loser that signed losers. We'll see the back of a lot of so called senior pro's in the summer/ whenever the window is. Personally cannot wait. 

Totally agree.

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

A safe pair of hands that knows the Scottish game inside out, someone who’s been there and done it? Someone like Levein?????? 🙈🙈 Stendel is what we need and if he’s given the time and the afforded the same opportunities as levein, he’ll be more than fine with us. He was left with a 38 man squad 😭😭 absolutely crazy stuff. He needs to rid the place of at least 28 players. Wright and Robinson would still have to have had to deal with the attitude of these pre Madonna’s which we’ve seen seems to be the major issue. Am still happy to let Stendel have a proper kick at the ball when ever we actual get back to playing. Am also not 100% convinced Donis was a Stendel signing, he fits the mould of a Murray/Levein moneyball gamble type signing. Same bracket as Watt, Amankwa etx etx. 

Agree.  Everyone is entitled to how they feel but I think we all need to step back and see how it pans out. Changing manager again isn’t the way forward at the moment. 

I think there’s enough evidence to suggest DS has got something to offer when he can come out this turbulent period by shaping the squad his way.  I just don’t get what some were expecting given the state the attitude and organisation on the training field was prior to him coming? Miracles? 

You’d think the numerous tit bits said by a few players since his appointment would indicate this to people.  

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Decent post 

Gonna be controversial and say that CL isn't a a problem for him. He said so himself. 

In fact, he done a lot of the donkey work for him. Helped him even. 

Also, going with Maclean wasn't a great call. 

His stubbornness or desire to impress his game on the team was /is also. An issue. 

Sounds a real soldier 

Worthy of contract extension? 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Definitely not saying Levein, although I do think he would have done enough to keep the current squad up once Naismith, Souttar and Washington were back and even more so with the addition of Boyce.

I think it is stretching things somewhat to try and suggest the signing of German footballer Avdijaj isn’t a Stendel signing.

I would have backed both Robinson and Wright to have got through to the players better than Stendel.  Whether we like it or not Stendel’s English isn’t great and certainly not up to conducting complex and tense discussions with disgruntled players... one thing for certain is that this will not have improved after several months back in Germany.  Even last week, I for one was alarmed at his attempt to conduct an interview with Sky Sports.

In better more stable times, Stendel would very much have been a gamble worth taking, in many ways a perfect successor when Neilson departed.  

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

I suspect Stendel seen what loads of others seen. Some folk say bags of energy, loads of passion etc but used in all the wrong places and all the wrong times. Add into his sever lack of ability and am not surprised Stendel patched him. I have connections to Rangers as I’ve stated many times on here. Last season Rangers scouted Uche and their scout tore him to shreds in his assessment of him and they moved onto scouting Dolly Menga. It must be super frustrating as a manager having someone with all the energy and passion you want but who has no clue how to use it properly. Uche is conference North level at best. 

Couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said about Stendel, Wright and Robinson. Stendel is the correct man for us. 

East Lothian Jambo
18 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd probably settle for the 46 points from 30 games that Robinson has achieved with around a quarter of the budget that Levein and Stendel have managed to amass 23 points in the same period 

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I suspect Stendel seen what loads of others seen. Some folk say bags of energy, loads of passion etc but used in all the wrong places and all the wrong times. Add into his sever lack of ability and am not surprised Stendel patched him. I have connections to Rangers as I’ve stated many times on here. Last season Rangers scouted Uche and their scout tore him to shreds in his assessment of him and they moved onto scouting Dolly Menga. It must be super frustrating as a manager having someone with all the energy and passion you want but who has no clue how to use it properly. Uche is conference North level at best. 

Couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said about Stendel, Wright and Robinson. Stendel is the correct man for us. 

Tommy Wright has won the Scottish Cup and consistently finished top 6 with St Johnstone on a bargain basement budget.

Stephen Robinson has made it to two cup finals and has Motherwell once again flying in the League table also on a bargain basement budget.

Daniel Stendel has taken over a poor Hearts side and somehow managed to make them worse, failing to win a single game against bottom 6 opposition.

But somehow Stendel is the man and Wright/Robinson are crap!!  No wonder we're bottom of the table with that sort of logic.

12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Definitely not saying Levein, although I do think he would have done enough to keep the current squad up once Naismith, Souttar and Washington were back and even more so with the addition of Boyce.

I think it is stretching things somewhat to try and suggest the signing of German footballer Avdijaj isn’t a Stendel signing.

I would have backed both Robinson and Wright to have got through to the players better than Stendel.  Whether we like it or not Stendel’s English isn’t great and certainly not up to conducting complex and tense discussions with disgruntled players... one thing for certain is that this will not have improved after several months back in Germany.  Even last week, I for one was alarmed at his attempt to conduct an interview with Sky Sports.

In better more stable times, Stendel would very much have been a gamble worth taking, in many ways a perfect successor when Neilson departed.  

The problem with the “once Naismith was back fit” argument for saying Levein wouldn’t have led us to the bottom of the league is that Levein was allowing Naismith to be “injured” and allowing him to train away from the squad. I’ve stated on here numerous times I know Jamie Brandon personally. I know how much the younger lads didn’t enjoy working under Levein and often felt they carried the can whilst the senior pro’s got an easy ride from Levein as he was closer to them than the younger guys. After defeats and in analysis for example, the young boys would be in getting slaughtered whilst some senior pro’s didn’t have to attend. That’s not made up or Hearsay, that’s fact. So as soon as Stendel came in and stopped the one rule for them and one rule for us mentality the young guys got a bounce whilst the senior pro’s spat the dummy. I think it’s fair to say that any new manager coming into that situation would’ve changed it as Stendel did and would’ve faced the same revolt, they may have been able to get through better due to not being a crazy foreigner but we will never know. 

Yeah I agree about the Cathro statement. I do think given time tho, he’ll come good. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

The problem with the “once Naismith was back fit” argument for saying Levein wouldn’t have led us to the bottom of the league is that Levein was allowing Naismith to be “injured” and allowing him to train away from the squad. I’ve stated on here numerous times I know Jamie Brandon personally. I know how much the younger lads didn’t enjoy working under Levein and often felt they carried the can whilst the senior pro’s got an easy ride from Levein as he was closer to them than the younger guys. After defeats and in analysis for example, the young boys would be in getting slaughtered whilst some senior pro’s didn’t have to attend. That’s not made up or Hearsay, that’s fact. So as soon as Stendel came in and stopped the one rule for them and one rule for us mentality the young guys got a bounce whilst the senior pro’s spat the dummy. I think it’s fair to say that any new manager coming into that situation would’ve changed it as Stendel did and would’ve faced the same revolt, they may have been able to get through better due to not being a crazy foreigner but we will never know. 

Yeah I agree about the Cathro statement. I do think given time tho, he’ll come good. 

I'm not saying Stendel is a crazy foreigner, but do feel that his language skills aren't the best, which is clearly not ideal when trying to handle difficult situations and conversations.

I do hope he comes good and clearly if he stays it will be because we haven't gone down, so he will get his shot at a full summer rebuild.

colinmaroon

It beggars belief that anyone would still be advocating Tommy Wright.

Ok, arguably, very arguably, he might keep us up but, seriously, the answer long term, and it would have to be a long term appointment; he wouldn't have come on any less.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

It beggars belief that anyone would still be advocating Tommy Wright.

Ok, arguably, very arguably, he might keep us up but, seriously, the answer long term, and it would have to be a long term appointment; he wouldn't have come on any less.

I don’t particularly like Tommy Wright and he would be far from my preference, but hard to argue that he’s done anything other than an exceptional job at St Johnstone.

11 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I'm not saying Stendel is a crazy foreigner, but do feel that his language skills aren't the best, which is clearly not ideal when trying to handle difficult situations and conversations.

I do hope he comes good and clearly if he stays it will be because we haven't gone down, so he will get his shot at a full summer rebuild.

Yeah he does struggle but Brandon for example says he’s brilliant on the training park and he understands him fine, something echoed by Naismith. I just think any manager, Wright, Robinson or Pep would struggle to get a tune out this group of players. They’ve had it too easy for too long. 

One positive tho, at least we have something to talk about haha imagine we where flying and everything was fine, we’d be bored out our skulls haha. I scrolled through the internet to look at our line ups to post on our early chats, the longest I’ve been on the web without looking at..........😂😂

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I'd probably settle for the 46 points from 30 games that Robinson has achieved with around a quarter of the budget that Levein and Stendel have managed to amass 23 points in the same period 

I doubt you would be happy. 

I'd guarantee that under a different guise you where shouting for Robbie to go. 

So dinnae talk shite. 

I cannot understand supposed Hearts supporters spending their time during a coronavirus lockdown slating the club and our managers.  I imagine it's part of the blame culture tinged with a sense of entitlement or maybe it's their frustration at being restricted in lifestyle.   If we do not get what we want or what we think we should have, then some rotter must be to blame and let's lambast them.  Give it a rest.  The past is gone and we cannot change that now no matter how much hot air is expelled on here.

We have a new manager with new (mostly German) ideas that will take time to work through and, while his English could be better, that could also be said of many posters whose first language it is.  He has made mistakes but what manager, even Fergie, hasn't?  That is the same Fergie who would have been sacked in his first season if MUFC had listened to the entitled brigade claiming his only success was in a pub league.

I know this will be anathema to some on here who are only happy if they are moaning, and of course the interlopers, but can we not have a little moratorium while football is not being played and actually SUPPORT the club etc instead of posters trying to score points and rewrite the past.

HHGH

Edited by JamboAl

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I cannot understand supposed Hearts supporters spending their time during a coronavirus lockdown slating the club and our managers.  I imagine it's part of the blame culture tinged with a sense of entitlement or maybe it's their frustration at being restricted in lifestyle.   If we do not get what we want or what we think we should have, then some rotter must be to blame and let's lambast them.  Give it a rest.  The past is gone and we cannot change that now no matter how much hot air is expelled on here.

We have a new manager with new (mostly German) ideas that will take time to work through and, while his English could be better, that could also be said of many posters whose first language it is.  He has made mistakes but what manager, even Fergie, hasn't?  That is the same Fergie who would have been sacked in his first season if MUFC had listened to the entitled brigade claiming his only success was in a pub league.

I know this will be anathema to some on here who are only happy if they are moaning, and of course the interlopers, but can we not have a little moratorium while football is not being played and actually SUPPORT the club etc instead of posters trying to score points and rewrite the past.

HHGH

Surely there isn’t much else to do, other than argue amongst ourselves.

And how does this arguing mean we don’t support the club?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

1. Wanted to come in the summer, was convinced or begged to come here now and help out ASAP as we didn’t want to go the remainder of the season under MacPhee. The senior players fed that back to budge, the same ones that didn’t perform under Levein, didn’t want to work for MacPhee and now aren’t working for Stendel. Kinda points to where all the problems are. 
2. Brandon was injured. 
3. MacLean was the only “striker” and only senior pro that bought into what Stendel was trying to do. Not Stendels fault that’s all he had to work with. If you want to be angry at MacLean, I’d refer you to Levein’s interview when he signed for Hearts. 
4. A new manager brought in specifically to play that style of football, hence the reason he was appointed. A manager that before joining seen what we all thought we could see, a group of senior international players bored playing not to get beat. Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Souttar, Smith, Whelan, Washington all should’ve been capable of playing any formation or style. As we’ve seen since and it’s the only slight bit of sympathy I have for Levein is that we could have pep in charge, the attitudes of this group of players is our main problem. Nothin to do with formations, tactics etc etc all about their mentality. 
5. So I’ve only bothered to go back as far as the Hamilton game but at no point have we played Boyce, Naismith and Washington from the start 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ Each game we’ve started two of the three or one of the three and brought one or two of them on to help change the game. So you seem to have the same idea as Stendel but cause you don’t rate him can’t see it, don’t worry, you aren’t the only Hearts fan that can’t see what’s in front of them. 
6. The tactics he adopted and as I said, one of his only mistakes in my eyes. Have to point out in the effort of remaining fair, Stendel can’t help the individual errors that have cost us. Hibs at tynie, Celtic at tynie, Killie at tynie, St Johnston away, Celtic away, Rangers at home, Hamilton at home, Motherwell at home all had major individual errors. Some horrendous goal keeping erros, basically lack of positioning from defenders (hence why he’s had them training with rope and goggles), basic passing errors etc etc. Every formation has flaws and the manager has addressed them, waited too long imo to do so, so as i said, one of his only mistakes so far. 
8. This seems to be the whole crux of your anger cause he rates Lewis Moore and has offered him an extension. You can also add in the Scotland under 21 manager as someone who rates Moore. 

We’ve been horrendous for 3 years, a decline that was always heading to this. I get the frustrations, I am frustrated myself. My point is this tho. Stendel is still pissing with Leveins cock.  The attitude amongst this squad of players is atrocious, as we are seeing play out now with the refusal to accept pay cuts etc. Stendel needs more time, time he’ll be afforded by Budge. As we’ve seen in small glimpses under Stendel, when everything clicks it works. That’s enough for me to let him have a pre season, rid the place of the dross and have 8 weeks working with the group daily on fitness and tactics etc etc. 

Another good post 👍🏽.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Absolutely.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

1. Wanted to come in the summer, was convinced or begged to come here now and help out ASAP as we didn’t want to go the remainder of the season under MacPhee. The senior players fed that back to budge, the same ones that didn’t perform under Levein, didn’t want to work for MacPhee and now aren’t working for Stendel. Kinda points to where all the problems are. 
2. Brandon was injured. 
3. MacLean was the only “striker” and only senior pro that bought into what Stendel was trying to do. Not Stendels fault that’s all he had to work with. If you want to be angry at MacLean, I’d refer you to Levein’s interview when he signed for Hearts. 
4. A new manager brought in specifically to play that style of football, hence the reason he was appointed. A manager that before joining seen what we all thought we could see, a group of senior international players bored playing not to get beat. Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Souttar, Smith, Whelan, Washington all should’ve been capable of playing any formation or style. As we’ve seen since and it’s the only slight bit of sympathy I have for Levein is that we could have pep in charge, the attitudes of this group of players is our main problem. Nothin to do with formations, tactics etc etc all about their mentality. 
5. So I’ve only bothered to go back as far as the Hamilton game but at no point have we played Boyce, Naismith and Washington from the start 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ Each game we’ve started two of the three or one of the three and brought one or two of them on to help change the game. So you seem to have the same idea as Stendel but cause you don’t rate him can’t see it, don’t worry, you aren’t the only Hearts fan that can’t see what’s in front of them. 
6. The tactics he adopted and as I said, one of his only mistakes in my eyes. Have to point out in the effort of remaining fair, Stendel can’t help the individual errors that have cost us. Hibs at tynie, Celtic at tynie, Killie at tynie, St Johnston away, Celtic away, Rangers at home, Hamilton at home, Motherwell at home all had major individual errors. Some horrendous goal keeping erros, basically lack of positioning from defenders (hence why he’s had them training with rope and goggles), basic passing errors etc etc. Every formation has flaws and the manager has addressed them, waited too long imo to do so, so as i said, one of his only mistakes so far. 
8. This seems to be the whole crux of your anger cause he rates Lewis Moore and has offered him an extension. You can also add in the Scotland under 21 manager as someone who rates Moore. 

We’ve been horrendous for 3 years, a decline that was always heading to this. I get the frustrations, I am frustrated myself. My point is this tho. Stendel is still pissing with Leveins cock.  The attitude amongst this squad of players is atrocious, as we are seeing play out now with the refusal to accept pay cuts etc. Stendel needs more time, time he’ll be afforded by Budge. As we’ve seen in small glimpses under Stendel, when everything clicks it works. That’s enough for me to let him have a pre season, rid the place of the dross and have 8 weeks working with the group daily on fitness and tactics etc etc. 

This 100%.

Also, Folk on here  using new deals for these two guys as a reason to slate everyone and everything at the club need to take self isolating up a notch. 

21 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed he is well done, probably played about the same amount of games too. One game more in fact for Brandon per year than Hickey. I didn’t mention age did I?

Moore and Brandon are decent squad players and if we do go down will do well when required down below. 
Stendel wants to build a team of hungry guys in their twenties with some older heads like SN/LB/MS.

Bang on. That’s the model. It’s a squad game and every player has his price and squad status 

Both Brandon and Lewis will provide decent back up and they are at an age where they can still improve 

Nothing wrong with these deals .... Plus it would have been relatively easy to finance given the current situation 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Bang on. That’s the model. It’s a squad game and every player has his price and squad status 

Both Brandon and Lewis will provide decent back up and they are at an age where they can still improve 

Nothing wrong with these deals .... Plus it would have been relatively easy to finance given the current situation 

Absolutely, here’s hoping Stendel is around to implement these changes and get the best out the youngsters we have.

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This 100%.

Also, Folk on here  using new deals for these two guys as a reason to slate everyone and everything at the club need to take self isolating up a notch. 

That's right.

ANY excuse and they're straight in

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's right.

2 young guys get offered a new deal. 

Slaver carpet bombing across the thread. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's right.

Not slating everyone and everything at the club at all.  I do think offering Moore a new deal would be earn example of poor judgment by Stendel though.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Not slating everyone and everything at the club at all.  I do think offering Moore a new deal would be earn example of poor judgment by Stendel though.

Good for you.

That in isolation is hardly"slating the club".  Is it?

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Good for you.

That in isolation is hardly"slating the club".  Is it?

It’s criticising Stendel and given our league position he merits criticism.

As far as the club itself is concerned, I think that overall, we are well-run and stable and have a bright future ahead. Clearly however the playing side has to be improved and we need to start punching our considerable weight.

I would be more alarmed at anyone who considered our on-field performance satisfactory at present.

22 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It’s criticising Stendel and given our league position he merits criticism.

As far as the club itself is concerned, I think that overall, we are well-run and stable and have a bright future ahead. Clearly however the playing side has to be improved and we need to start punching our considerable weight.

I would be more alarmed at anyone who considered our on-field performance satisfactory at present.

If you want to continue on a negative trajectory, please feel free to do so.  I think what criticism is due to Stendel. Levein, Cathro etc is well worn opinion which has been aired in many, many posts without needing to spoil a thread about 2 young players getting new deals.

We do need to start punching our considerable weight but people continually moaning will not achieve that although it may give the moaners and interlopers some sense of satisfaction and achievement.

Who has said they are happy with the on-field performance?  I think you just made that up to justify negativity.  As i said, that is in the past and we can do nothing to change it at present with no football, no training and no transfer window  etc.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If you want to continue on a negative trajectory, please feel free to do so.  I think what criticism is due to Stendel. Levein, Cathro etc is well worn opinion which has been aired in many, many posts without needing to spoil a thread about 2 young players getting new deals.

We do need to start punching our considerable weight but people continually moaning will not achieve that although it may give the moaners and interlopers some sense of satisfaction and achievement.

Who has said they are happy with the on-field performance?  I think you just made that up to justify negativity.  As i said, that is in the past and we can do nothing to change it at present with no football, no training and no transfer window  etc.

Nothing we do or say on this forum can change anything, its a forum for discussion, if you dont want to discuss anything why are you here.

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Nothing we do or say on this forum can change anything, its a forum for discussion, if you dont want to discuss anything why are you here.

You bash on mate.  The one thing that is definitely not going to change is your wish to be negative. 

Bunny Munro

This totally depends on the length of the deal. 1/2 year extension is fine, 3/4 year would be crazy IMO. 

Our problem, which has been the problem for years, is not being able to get the players motivated for Ross County/St Mirren/ Hamilton. There is an arrogance in our approach to these games. People have often said that we up our game for Celtic/Rangers/Hibs, I actually think we drop it for the rest. This isn't new, but I had hoped DS could fix it. 

It's something that is a major concern for next season, if we end up going down.

The only arguing should be who's first to fire the wasters/losers out a cannon!  Good luck getting past me, after reading more of the stories about the fkers I want to be the cannon operator.  Unbelievable, just crazy stories.

O'yeah, Well done to the young lads getting another chance! Deserve it based on application alone.

Edited by HMFC01

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I don’t particularly like Tommy Wright and he would be far from my preference, but hard to argue that he’s done anything other than an exceptional job at St Johnstone.

As Levein did first time.  Back to defensive long ball tactics.

David McCaig
Just now, colinmaroon said:

As Levein did first time.  Back to defensive long ball tactics.

Not pretty I agree, but the pain of our eyes bleeding, would be nothing compared to what I am sure we are all feeling as a result of being bottom of the SPL table when the music prematurely stopped!!

Anyway no point any of us arguing over any of this stuff at present, we all need to be united in fighting the forthcoming SPFL injustice.

Hans von Luck

IF it is a big IF we get relegated then no doubt yet another manager in the Tynecastle Hot Seat!!!

Footballing side at the Club is shambolic from Budge downwards.   

East Lothian Jambo
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I doubt you would be happy. 

I'd guarantee that under a different guise you where shouting for Robbie to go. 

So dinnae talk shite. 

Robbie??

FFS 

18 hours ago, jambo19 said:

Low wage squad players who are willing to fight for the jersey. 

Some need to remember you need squad players who are motivated. We can't expect a top 6 right back to play 2nd choice to Michael Smith every week. 

If you had a 4231 with Walker Naismith and Washington behind Boyce or even Clare wide right then Moore wouldn't be starting either. He's proven he can impact games by taking men on against Hibs and Rangers. 

They've done well under Stendel and can develop and learn more. I'd give them a year anyway.

Willing to fight for the jersey isn’t going to win you matches every week also need ability which both don’t have much of.

Batistuta87

Let's be fair here. As much as he maybe wants to, and as much as some of us maybe want him to, he can't clear out the whole squad and sign 25 new players in the summer. It simply won't work, nor do we have the finances to pull it off. He HAS to work with some of the current squad. Moore and Brandon are two of our better young players - like it or lump it - and are both out of contract at the end of the season. It makes 100% sense to offer them new deals and to keep them on next season. In no way am I suggesting that either one of them are ever going to be key players for us, but we urgently need to keep them and on as squad players. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Let's be fair here. As much as he maybe wants to, and as much as some of us maybe want him to, he can't clear out the whole squad and sign 25 new players in the summer. It simply won't work, nor do we have the finances to pull it off. He HAS to work with some of the current squad. Moore and Brandon are two of our better young players - like it or lump it - and are both out of contract at the end of the season. It makes 100% sense to offer them new deals and to keep them on next season. In no way am I suggesting that either one of them are ever going to be key players for us, but we urgently need to keep them and on as squad players. 

But if we are in the Championship and already have Morrison and McDonald under contract do we really need to offer Moore a deal?

Batistuta87

But if we are in the Championship and already have Morrison and McDonald under contract do we really need to offer Moore a deal?

I'd say Moore is the most useful player of the three and for all it'll cost to do so, it would be worth keeping him around. Neither Morrison or McDonald did very well out on loan in lower leagues last season so I'm not sure they would be particularly useful to us. 

David McCaig
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

I'd say Moore is the most useful player of the three and for all it'll cost to do so, it would be worth keeping him around. Neither Morrison or McDonald did very well out on loan in lower leagues last season so I'm not sure they would be particularly useful to us. 

Morrison had a great loan spell in the Championship at Brechin a couple of years ago and went straight into the first team at the start of the subsequent season.

I'm far from convinced that Morrison is good enough, but he's a year younger than Moore and shown far more in his first team appearances to date, he was starting most games prior to xmas last season, when we at the top of the League.  He's had a nightmare time with injuries since.

On 07/04/2020 at 13:37, vasco said:

Moore offers absolutely nothing, apart from movement about the park.

You cannot be this naive surely? Are you on the wind up or do you just watch the highlights of matches?

Edited by brux

Batistuta87
16 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Morrison had a great loan spell in the Championship at Brechin a couple of years ago and went straight into the first team at the start of the subsequent season.

I'm far from convinced that Morrison is good enough, but he's a year younger than Moore and shown far more in his first team appearances to date, he was starting most games prior to xmas last season, when we at the top of the League.  He's had a nightmare time with injuries since.

Which might be part of the reason we're choosing to offer Moore a new deal rather than use him.... 

Unknown user

I like them both and can see that they could be moulded by a good manager. 

A contract offer also means we can claim a development fee if and when they move on of course.

Sensible move IMO

David McCaig
19 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Which might be part of the reason we're choosing to offer Moore a new deal rather than use him.... 

Possibly although it would appear that we are offering the even more injury prone Jamie Brandon a deal.

My concern at the moment would be Stendel offering anyone a deal given that there is a high likelihood he has already departed Edinburgh for the last time.

18 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Possibly although it would appear that we are offering the even more injury prone Jamie Brandon a deal.

My concern at the moment would be Stendel offering anyone a deal given that there is a high likelihood he has already departed Edinburgh for the last time.

It really makes me wonder who offers these players contracts. Stendel is in Germany and Brandon has never played a game for him as he has been injured most of the time since Stendel arrived.

At best he will have seen a bit of him in training but not in a top flight game, hardly enought to warrant a new deal.

My only thoughts are that he is possibly aware that Michael Smith may not be around next season and Brandon could be a replacement albeit nowhere near as good.

David McCaig
37 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It really makes me wonder who offers these players contracts. Stendel is in Germany and Brandon has never played a game for him as he has been injured most of the time since Stendel arrived.

At best he will have seen a bit of him in training but not in a top flight game, hardly enought to warrant a new deal.

My only thoughts are that he is possibly aware that Michael Smith may not be around next season and Brandon could be a replacement albeit nowhere near as good.

Would that not be squad dismantling rather than building!

8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Would that not be squad dismantling rather than building!

Brandon is out of contract at the end of the season and there is speculation about Smith's future and the possibility of him moving to Stoke.

So we have one player leaving perhaps and one maybe staying who has hardly played so we would be one player down hardly dismantling.

We will just have to wait and see who else comes and goes before making that decision although we do have a fairly large squad with some bang average players.

Edited by wavydavy