Michael Stewart...sportsound again

hoof.hearted

i wish jj was my dad

The lengths folk go to denigrate Levein is embarrassing.  He messed it up and big time but making shit up about Dens and no contributing to FOH. Deary me.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i wish jj was my dad

• Naisys Tackle

• Randy Marsh

• stevie1874

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't see the name Randy Marsh on there! 😆

Ironically my surname is Laing and actually in that photo you posted.🤣

Naisys Tackle
35 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

The lengths folk go to denigrate Levein is embarrassing.  He messed it up and big time but making shit up about Dens and no contributing to FOH. Deary me.

Yeah he done enough to tarnish any legacy when he walked out 1st time then set us back years costing millions when he came back without making up more.

Edited by Robbies Tackle

12 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

To be perfectly honest neither are particularly good at the punditry.

Don’t agree. 2 of the better pundits in Scotland. 

Craig Levein a Hearts legend. Stewart, a legend in his own mind, a below average footballer for us, who ruins his punditry with his total hatred.

ALL ️ ATTRIBUTES    

Levein vs Stewart 

VOTE LEVEIN

ALWAYS

Winner every time 

🏆♥️♥️🏆

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Doctor FinnBarr
51 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah he done enough to tarnish any legacy when he walked out 1st time then set us back years costing millions when he came back without making up more.

Just wondering, when he left the first time going to Leicester? I think, did his Mrs Black-Eye him for leaving with our physio?

Naisys Tackle
Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Just wondering, when he left the first time going to Leicester? I think, did his Mrs Black-Eye him for leaving with our physio?

Thought it was the reebok commercial manager but not sure Mrs L took to kindly regardless.  Morally great guy though to some and just forget how f-d he left us.  Michael Stewart was much worse for some reason - booooo.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Stewart is a gobshite that thinks he was far better than he was. 

Will fit in well with the SNP. 

:notsure:

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Very, very bitter. 

His departure to Leicester had similarities to Robbie's move to MK as a potential stepping stone to the kind of lifestyle that could set his family up for life. I was gutted at the time but not worth carrying around with me for nearly 20 years. 

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, karipidis said:

Don’t agree. 2 of the better pundits in Scotland. 

I agree with that. Both are insightful and neither sook the OF boaby.  Mikey just has to lose the bitterness and gain some objectivity on the personal stuff that eats away at him. 

8 hours ago, XB52 said:

Craig Levein a Hearts legend. Stewart, a legend in his own mind, a below average footballer for us, who ruins his punditry with his total hatred.

Levein was a very good player at Hearts and injuries killed him. Was he a legend, I think it depends on what parameters you are unsing to define legend.

Levein was culpable for overseeing an extremely dark chapter in our recent history from Cathro to putting himself back in the dug out horrible recruitment, messing up contracts and ultimately taking us down. 

No time for Stewart particularly either 

10 hours ago, stirlo said:

I heard Stewart's comment today and it was a pathetic cheap shot. I generally rate Stewart as a pundit - but his behaviour towards Levein the last few years has not just been embarrassing, it also damages his integrity as a pundit, because he is letting his personal dislike of Levein get in the way of his neutrality as a pundit (and generally that is one of Stewart's strengths as a pundit).

There are some people on here who will never forgive Levein for how things ended, but the vast majority of Levein's contribution to Hearts over his years as a player and manager was very good. He is among the best defenders we've ever had and it's obvious the guy genuinely loves the club.

Stewart's contribution to the club, on the other hand, was pretty unremarkable and it's about time he showed some respect for Levein and stopped his petty grudge. 

A balanced observation amidst a range of less-than-objective views?

It’ll never catch on, Stirlo 😊

Levein was a cracking player and if injuries hadn’t nakerd him, would be recognised as one of the best this country has produced.  Levein is a Hearts legend.

Stewart was a no mark player, a poor man’s Tommi Gronlund and he has done nothing since ‘retiring’.  Stewart played for the wee team.

Thats about the size of any debate.

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

A balanced observation amidst a range of less-than-objective views?

It’ll never catch on, Stirlo 😊

He doesn't even need to show respect. He just needs to put his personal grievance aside when doing the job he is employed to do. 

Stewart was right about the state of Hearts when Levein was in charge.  He has also been very vocal about how good things are now at Tynecastle.   However it's time to drop the feud.  Stewart is too arrogant to let go of the fact that Levein called him out as a very ordinary player.  That's what he was.   Get over it.

There is no doubt that Levein the player is a legend, the best CB I have ever had the pleasure to see wear the famous maroon and a very successful manager first time round.

That said, he left us massively in the brown stuff with his overview of the footballing department which, ultimately, led to us playing championship football.

Stewart the player was a legend in his own mind but he is a good pundit 

Regardless of whether you think it was a cheap shot, can any of us say that,as Hearts fans, we would t love the opportunity to take Levein to task for the shambles he left us in?;

It is possible to like them both. Despite their dislike of each other and differing views on alot of things, politics included.

The Old Tolbooth
15 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This

richard Gordon is decent 

no allegiance to the old firm either which is a bonus 

Absolute horseshit! 

He hates Hearts with a vengeance, was as racist as they come towards Miko and our Lithuanian players, and is an absolute gobshite when sticking up for the bigot brothers as he panders to their every move, he's everything that's wrong with Scottish football, but you know that... 

20 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Absolute horseshit! 

He hates Hearts with a vengeance, was as racist as they come towards Miko and our Lithuanian players, and is an absolute gobshite when sticking up for the bigot brothers as he panders to their every move, he's everything that's wrong with Scottish football, but you know that... 

I disagree 

Shooter McGavin

BBC sportsound is full of dinosaurs, Michael Stewart is just about the only person on there worth listening to, McFadden is also good.

The crusty crew that comprises of Willie Miller, Richard Gordon, Packie Bonner etc, are complete relics in dire need of replacement.

Levein, excellent player for us, and despite getting us into a mess towards the end of 2019, is a PHM.

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Absolute horseshit! 

100%

Thunder and Lightning
5 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Levein was a very good player at Hearts and injuries killed him. Was he a legend, I think it depends on what parameters you are unsing to define legend.

Levein was culpable for overseeing an extremely dark chapter in our recent history from Cathro to putting himself back in the dug out horrible recruitment, messing up contracts and ultimately taking us down. 

All can be levelled at our owner as well, she was his boss, she appointed him and Cathro and left him in position far too long.

Mikey Stewart plays the role of roaster well. His job would appear to be to generate controversy and hence a reaction which the BBC feeds on to get listeners. 

When it comes to CL its an open goal and even he can score into the empty net

Now CL is away MS is more and more pro Hearts on Sportsound esp recently…no as much as Alan Preston mind. I think MS being pro Indy clouds peoples judgement a wee bit. A good but not great player, suffered a bit from the “he was at Man U must be decent” and couldn’t live up to it. Certainly made a good life for himself. One of the better pundits really, albeit not a high bar.

7 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Things were going very well up until CL had his heart attack. 

Michael Stewart has been a trouble maker at both Hearts and Hibs and probably argues with himself in the mirror😏

Michael Stewert is an absolute walloper who took great delight in being absolute Shite while wearing a Hearts shirt. He's in my top 1 as the Shittest most devisive player to wear the shirt.

An absolute disgrace winding up our own players and giving supporters pelters while being a useless cockend on the pitch.

A Shite attention seeking pundit who slavers utter guff. Lets not forget him putting the boot in when things weren't going well.

Apart from all that he's a bellend.

21 hours ago, Chevy Chase said:

No time for either of them.

Pair of wankers.

I think that about sums it up for me, Chevy.

Beautifully put. :rofl:

19 hours ago, john thomas said:

How you can mention Coren without mentioning her assets is even more mystifying 

more of a bum and leg man im afraid

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Michael Stewert is an absolute walloper who took great delight in being absolute Shite while wearing a Hearts shirt. He's in my top 1 as the Shittest most devisive player to wear the shirt.

An absolute disgrace winding up our own players and giving supporters pelters while being a useless cockend on the pitch.

A Shite attention seeking pundit who slavers utter guff. Lets not forget him putting the boot in when things weren't going well.

Not sure we can accept a post from Michael Stewart's Mum, but fair play to you for chipping in. 

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Sarajevo5-1 said:

Now CL is away MS is more and more pro Hearts on Sportsound esp recently…no as much as Alan Preston mind. I think MS being pro Indy clouds peoples judgement a wee bit. A good but not great player, suffered a bit from the “he was at Man U must be decent” and couldn’t live up to it. Certainly made a good life for himself. One of the better pundits really, albeit not a high bar.

I'm 100% for Scottish independence but think Stewart Is a dick for allowing his hatred of Levein to ruin his punditry. After Levein left Hearts, Stewart started to be a good watch/listen, but he can't stop himself when Levein appears

On 29/01/2023 at 22:29, XB52 said:

agree totally👍

As much as Stewart is a walloper i’d say he had been fair and honest in his assessments of us this season. His bitterness towards Levein is embarrassing though.

It’s incredible John Collins still gets on the radio from time to time. An absolute slaver who talks about the game as if its still the 1990s

Thunder and Lightning
On 30/01/2023 at 14:37, Bull's-eye said:

This should be read on sportsound. 😂 

By Big Craig. 😂 

i wish jj was my dad
On 30/01/2023 at 14:02, Sarajevo5-1 said:

He was actually a very decent player and carried us a bit during Csaba's second season. He just had a highly inflated opinion of his abilities. 

I like both Stewart and Levein. That they don’t like each other is irrelevant.

Meanwhile, on the contributors to this thread who think they’re above one or both Stewart and Levein…

Lets just say some of bitter hateful bile I’ve glanced over in the past 60 seconds is not exactly making me think good things about some individuals contributing to this thread.

Angry bitter ***nkers is a phrase that springs to mind.

49 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I like both Stewart and Levein. That they don’t like each other is irrelevant.

Meanwhile, on the contributors to this thread who think they’re above one or both Stewart and Levein…

Lets just say some of bitter hateful bile I’ve glanced over in the past 60 seconds is not exactly making me think good things about some individuals contributing to this thread.

Angry bitter ***nkers is a phrase that springs to mind.

This ^