• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i wish jj was my dad

• Naisys Tackle

• Randy Marsh

• stevie1874

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Richard Gordon needs to be removed completely too. Part of a group that need refreshing. 

Hes much better than the new boy on a Saturday.

queensferryjambo
34 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

No it wasn't.  You obvious heard what you wanted to because you back Levein over Stewart.

I heard it as a sneaky dig, pretty much all on hear heard it as a dig and the press (who are loving it) are reporting it as Stewart rekindling his feud with Levein.

Anyone with ears can hear what Stewart said and how he said it. Even after being told it wasn't Levein who laughed Stewart jumps in like a bull in a china shop when Levein tries to speak. 

I think you are hearing what you want to hear.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I heard it as a sneaky dig, pretty much all on hear heard it as a dig and the press (who are loving it) are reporting it as Stewart rekindling his feud with Levein.

Anyone with ears can hear what Stewart said and how he said it. Even after being told it wasn't Levein who laughed Stewart jumps in like a bull in a china shop when Levein tries to speak. 

Where was the sneaky dig?  Praising the tremendous work of the coaches since they come in when in the Championship?  Should he avoid mentioning that it was a shambles when it completely was?  He miss heard Levein saying no it wasn't.  All he spoke was in facts. 

If Levein can't take that he shouldn't be placing himself on national radio.  Sure he will be less angry than you about it though :) 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

:spoton:

He was trying to goad Levein into an argument and failed miserably. 

2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Exactly , pretty strange to see posters sticking up for him .. obviously not phm .

People of a certain age remember him when he played for Hearts. Was a great player and a good manager first time round. He left Hearts in a bit of a state but you can’t argue with his affection for the club and done more for Hearts than Michael Stewart ever did. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

People of a certain age remember him when he played for Hearts. Was a great player and a good manager first time round. He left Hearts in a bit of a state but you can’t argue with his affection for the club and done more for Hearts than Michael Stewart ever did. 

Aye - more damage to the club.

A bit of state?  Understatement of the year :lol: 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Aye - more damage to the club.

As I said he never left us in a bad state but are you forgetting him as a player or manager first time? 

queensferryjambo
5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Where was the sneaky dig?  Praising the tremendous work of the coaches since they come in when in the Championship?  Should he avoid mentioning that it was a shambles when it completely was?  He miss heard Levein saying no it wasn't.  All he spoke was in facts. 

If Levein can't take that he shouldn't be placing himself on national radio.  Sure he will be less angry than you about it though :) 

The digs were referencing Levein when he knew he was listening as there was no need to, saying Levein laughed at his comment (when he didn't) then trying to start an argument with Levein by jumping in and talking over Levein when he tried to speak. 

Levein never said 'no it wasn't' all Levein said was 'I think Michael got that wrong' and it was in reference to the laugh not his comments on the state of the club. Stewart jumped in 2 feet first when Levein spoke and was trying to start an argument hence his 'are you trying to say etc' rant at Levein.

Levein pretty much had nothing to do with any of the Radio discussion so not sure how you come to the conclusion that he can't take it he wasn't in it.

Oh I am not angry about anything, but I think that comment is there to goad me into a fight - I am not biting Michael :) 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Would rather 2 former club captains never came to blows. 

I doubt it would come to that but I doubt Mikey has gone through life without being put on his arse a few times. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I like both. Craig was unbelievable as a player and he did well as Manager. Shite happens. But let's not say he had balls to do something MS obviously didn't want to do. You might end up with other players questioning said bravery. Tummy bug was it.

Alex MacDonald, John Colquhoun, Sandy Clark, John Robertson and many others involved ever questioned said bravery.  Gary did. Similarly, Gary harped from the sidelines about everything up until middle of last season. Funny that. 

6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

doubt it would come to that but I doubt Mikey has gone through life without being put on his arse a few times. 

He fell on his arse on way up tunnel at Hamilton after being sent off

18Jambo_dave74

I think Mikey Stewart is a very decent pundit who generally calls it as it is but his obsessive behaviour with Levein does him no favours at all to be honest. He was clearly determined to get a dig in today regardless of the game and how it went. 

i wish jj was my dad
50 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Spot on. His Q&A evening with JC a few weeks ago made it clear how much he loved the club, how much he put in and what mistakes he made. 

He was quite open and actually quite emotional about it.  Not for show or for media attention. 

Criticise him for getting it wrong but the personal stuff is unnecessary. The references to Dens Park are beneath contempt. 

14 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

As I said he never left us in a bad state but are you forgetting him as a player or manager first time? 

Sorry I mean he left us in a bad state ( delete never) 

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I think Mikey Stewart is a very decent pundit who generally calls it as it is but his obsessive behaviour with Levein does him no favours at all to be honest. He was clearly determined to get a dig in today regardless of the game and how it went. 

That's my take. He can be a great pundit when he is objective. 

43 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

This

richard Gordon is decent 

no allegiance to the old firm either which is a bonus 

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, Riga 2022 said:

He fell on his arse on way up tunnel at Hamilton after being sent off

I think he was PUT on his arse by a Forest team mate during his loan spell there. I suspect it was not a solitary incident. 

On 30/03/2020 at 13:05, heatonjambo said:

How that response connects to hoof’s statement should be on that quiz show

🤔

How you can mention Coren without mentioning her assets is even more mystifying 

33 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I doubt it would come to that but I doubt Mikey has gone through life without being put on his arse a few times. 

He even manages to put himself on his arse.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

When you've had all sorts of challenges and costs associated with trying to disentangle yourself from deals for Oshinawa, Martin and Sammon, it's almost beyond belief to then walk into the Loic Damour situation.

He also signed some great players for Hearts.

As did JJ , who also signed some right donkeys .

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It's no glowing appraisal. There are many who could step in and immediately raise the bar. 

Gordon is poor and his bitterness seeps out often. 

Is there some kind of Stewart v Levein discussion on the go? It's like comparing Einstein with Sooty.

Stewart can border on being interesting occasionally but he's not fit to lace Craig Levein's boots. 

4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It's no glowing appraisal. There are many who could step in and immediately raise the bar. 

Gordon is poor and his bitterness seeps out often. 

Gordon is a weasel and he never misses an opportunity to down talk Hearts. However you’ve got to hand it to him, it must be hard job talking on the radio when your tongue is so far up Willie Miller’s arse!

Craig Levein put us back many years with his shit management. If he loved the club as much as he says he does he would have walked. **** him. 

53 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Craig Levein put us back many years with his shit management. If he loved the club as much as he says he does he would have walked. **** him. 

This.  Never even bothered to put a pennie into the FOH either.  And some call him a 'Hearts Legend'.🤣 The man is a grade A loser.

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This

richard Gordon is decent 

no allegiance to the old firm either which is a bonus 

No he's not decent at all.  He's actually a Celtic sympathiser that despises Hearts.  I remember his snidey patronising comments about Hearts during our demotion.  I hope the horrible sheep shagging cock is hurting like hell right now.:greggy:

1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

How many managers just walk away from their job if things not going to plan? 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is that a guess?

I don't think the name Levein appears on the special grey away shirt we had around 2014/15.  I apologize if I'm wrong.

Naisys Tackle

Correct.  Even ripped a wage for 6 months after sacked too.  Some love of the club.

I heard Stewart's comment today and it was a pathetic cheap shot. I generally rate Stewart as a pundit - but his behaviour towards Levein the last few years has not just been embarrassing, it also damages his integrity as a pundit, because he is letting his personal dislike of Levein get in the way of his neutrality as a pundit (and generally that is one of Stewart's strengths as a pundit).

There are some people on here who will never forgive Levein for how things ended, but the vast majority of Levein's contribution to Hearts over his years as a player and manager was very good. He is among the best defenders we've ever had and it's obvious the guy genuinely loves the club.

Stewart's contribution to the club, on the other hand, was pretty unremarkable and it's about time he showed some respect for Levein and stopped his petty grudge. 

6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Correct.  Even ripped a wage for 6 months after sacked too.  Some love of the club.

these guys get it. CL ego crippled our club and set us back years. He should rightly be called out for it and never forgiven. 

Doctor FinnBarr
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is that a guess?

You could check names on the shirt, my old eyes are getting bad and canny be arsed looking.

12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I don't think the name Levein appears on the special grey away shirt we had around 2014/15.  I apologize if I'm wrong.

That's not what you said though

4 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

You could check names on the shirt, my old eyes are getting bad and canny be arsed looking.

Not a penny, the guy said. Who says he did it in his name anyway?

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Oh, and this

DSC-0838.jpg

Found it

And thanks to Smithee for putting it up in bigger writing.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's not what you said though

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Oh, and this

DSC-0838.jpg

I apologize. He must have chucked in a tenner.

Edited by Randy Marsh

33 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

This.  Never even bothered to put a pennie into the FOH either.  And some call him a 'Hearts Legend'.🤣 The man is a grade A loser.

How do you know that ?

11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

How do you know that ?

Several posters mentioned it on here before. But his name appears on the shirt so he's obviously contributed something. I take back what I said. Assuming there's not 2 Craig Levein's out there.

Edited by Randy Marsh

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Is there some kind of Stewart v Levein discussion on the go? It's like comparing Einstein with Sooty.

Stewart can border on being interesting occasionally but he's not fit to lace Craig Levein's boots. 

Stewart wants to be an SNP, MSP.

But he does not want to put leaflets through people's doors or do the donkey work first.

He is nothing but a chancer IMO.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The problem with this is that while Stewart is right about Levein (aided and abetted by Budge) doing us serious damage and arrogantly refusing to take responsibility, his dislike of Levein is also personal - and Sportsound should not be allowing Stewart to wage that vendetta on the radio.

But then Sportsound is a tinpot operation so it’s no surprise 

43 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Wrong on first statement.   If you're under 40, you probably didn't see him play - but the vast majority of fans who watched him will  readily  see why he is a Club Legend.    

45 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

No he's not decent at all.  He's actually a Celtic sympathiser that despises Hearts.  I remember his snidey patronising comments about Hearts during our demotion.  I hope the horrible sheep shagging cock is hurting like hell right now.:greggy:

An Aberdeen-supporting Celtic sympathiser ?   Actually ?

You're on a roll tonight, but not in a good way. 

8 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Several posters mentioned it on here before. But his name appears on the shirt so he's obviously contributed something. I take back what I said. Assuming there's not 2 Craig Levein's out there.

I don't see the name Randy Marsh on there! 😆