Michael Stewart...sportsound again

hoof.hearted

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Stewart is right though. What Levein done to Hearts ought to have been impossible. 

Stewart was absolutely correct in his opinion on the shambles Levein created at Hearts as DoF and Coach - their careers at Hearts as players does not change that fact!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i wish jj was my dad

• Naisys Tackle

• Randy Marsh

• stevie1874

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I was one of CL’s fiercest critics. Stewart didn’t like him regardless of how Levein was doing at Hearts. It’s just a personal spat between the two. Also Levein has left now, that was the end game imo, trying to humiliate the guy on air is just petty, classless and bitter. 

Fair but Levein has never, to my knowledge, held his hands up and show any remorse or admitted his massive failings so he's fair game in many respects and certainly when it comes to Michael Stewart who he has openly criticised. MS is extremely positive about Hearts so I'm going to give him plenty leeway to have a few digs at Levein.

4 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Levein may well have got it wrong but he has had the balls to do the job.  Stewart has sat on the sidelines and sniped from the sidelines without ever putting his reputation on the line.

He wasn't here in a voluntary capacity. He was getting paid £165,000 to make an arse of things on a spectacular scale. 

Some of the transfer business felt like it needed closer evaluation.

2 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Magnanimous of you but, though he was one of my favourite players, it'll take me a long long time before I'll give him any respect at all after what he did as manager/director of football/ self-serving delusional a*sehole in his final spell with the club.

Yes it was really shit of him to put  together with Budge the model for the Club's recovery. Until Robbie left first time all was pretty good. Where was MS then? The Cathro debacle looked like being resolved when we started the next season so well. It was really inconsiderate of him to have a heart attack and cause all those injuries though....

14 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Nah that’s a brutal statement he was a handy player for hearts. He was a very decent player 

Stewart was pretty shite. Not many worse captains. Angry wee plastic hard man that used to let emotions get the better of him and lose the head.

Had a wee listen and was pleased to hear Michael Stewart talking positively of us, he's a former captain and lifelong supporter with a fairly strong presence in the Scottish football media set up, so its nice to hear him talking with that sort of enthusiasm. Obviously the dislike between him and Levein is there, which is sad, but it is what it is. Factually, Levein did leave us in a horrendous state and now that we have folk that know what they're doing at all levels of the club we're hitting our stride. 

A bit of a shame the other folk steamed in and stopped the argument before it started though, that could have been a good listen!!

Jeffros Furios
17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Well done Stewart.

Levein is a total charlatan who was only interested in self preservation to the massive detriment of our club.

Exactly , pretty strange to see posters sticking up for him .. obviously not phm .

3 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Yes it was really shit of him to put  together with Budge the model for the Club's recovery. Until Robbie left first time all was pretty good. Where was MS then? The Cathro debacle looked like being resolved when we started the next season so well. It was really inconsiderate of him to have a heart attack and cause all those injuries though....

Jesus 

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

He wasn't here in a voluntary capacity. He was getting paid £165,000 to make an arse of things on a spectacular scale. 

I suspect his yearly earnings were significantly higher than at the figure you quote due to that transfer business! :clyay: 

Stewart thinks Levein is an arsehole.

Levein thinks Stewart is an arsehole.

One day they'll realise.

Having said that, Craig is 100% better than Stewart at literally everything.

Just now, Jeremy Goss said:

Can’t argue with Stewart. Levein is a legend and he had some bad luck with injuries but left us in a terrible state.

Wouldn't argue with your latter sentence. MS is a total p...k though.

I couldn't disagree with anything Michael Stewart said. Craig Levein DID leave this club in a mess. I loved Levein as a player but I have little time for him nowadays.

I like both. Craig was unbelievable as a player and he did well as Manager. Shite happens. But let's not say he had balls to do something MS obviously didn't want to do. You might end up with other players questioning said bravery. Tummy bug was it.

Edited by ri Alban

Jeffros Furios

Stewart is a bit of a knob but Craig Levein is a ***** who's only interested in himself ..vile man  

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Magnanimous of you but, though he was one of my favourite players, it'll take me a long long time before I'll give him any respect at all after what he did as manager/director of football/ self-serving delusional a*sehole in his final spell with the club.

This.

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

What was the point though? Stewart just can’t help himself.

Stewart wasn't having a go at Hearts, the opposite, he is incredibly positive about everything that is going on at our club. His beef, understandably given the history, is with Craig Levein. It's all panto anyway, keeps them both some what relevant and neither really give a flying F about it! 

By The Light..

Stewart has a unique style and very presentable i'm happy to listen to his opinions even if I don't agree with some of them.  

He should defo stick to football as his political views are simplistic nationalist pish :)

47 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

any links to this would be great? Always thought bbc kept them on different days

I think they’ll be on different days from now on!

2 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

Stewart has a unique style and very presentable i'm happy to listen to his opinions even if I don't agree with some of them.  

He should defo stick to football as his political views are simplistic nationalist pish :)

Preening idiot that thinks he's an intellectual.

10 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Fair but Levein has never, to my knowledge, held his hands up and show any remorse or admitted his massive failings so he's fair game in many respects and certainly when it comes to Michael Stewart who he has openly criticised. MS is extremely positive about Hearts so I'm going to give him plenty leeway to have a few digs at Levein.

I just don’t think CL is the kind of guy who would hold up his hands tbh. Too self centred. It’s about three seasons since he’s been in charge now and like I said, Stewart just having a dig for the sake of it because (like you said) Levein has been snide to MS in the past. Needless needling imo. 

i wish jj was my dad
8 minutes ago, Carter said:

He's managed in Scotland, England and at international level. Yes, he's been well paid but it takes balls to do it. 

Meanwhile, Mikey has made a career out of criticising guys who have had the balls to do the job. 

Paisley Jambo
3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I couldn't disagree with anything Michael Stewart said. Craig Levein DID leave this club in a mess. I loved Levein as a player but I have little time for him nowadays.

Fully agree.

Levein seems to be of the misguided perception that once he was relieved of his duties none of the mess was his doing and that everything was down to Stendel.

Would gain some respect back if he owned his shortcomings, but that’s never going to happen.

4 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

Good lad is MS.

28 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Well done Stewart.

Levein is a total charlatan who was only interested in self preservation to the massive detriment of our club.

Utter pish

Levein loved Hearts he didn’t intentionally go out to destroy it ffs.

He thought he could turn it around he couldnt.

Hearts fans eager to have a go at Levein baffle me.

3 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Fully agree.

Levein seems to be of the misguided perception that once he was relieved of his duties none of the mess was his doing and that everything was down to Stendel.

Would gain some respect back if he owned his shortcomings, but that’s never going to happen.

Indeed.

He still seems to think we would have stayed up if he had been allowed to continue in the job. He is deluded if he believes that. The team had totally lost it's way under him. The truth is he should have been sacked long before things got that far. Ann Budge was too loyal to him and even she probably realises that now.

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Utter pish

OK.

:pleasing: 

Jeffros Furios
7 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He's managed in Scotland, England and at international level. Yes, he's been well paid but it takes balls to do it. 

Meanwhile, Mikey has made a career out of criticising guys who have had the balls to do the job. 

Mikey didn't waste shitloads of money and hang about the club like a bad smell .

Levein is a ***** !! 

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Utter pish

:cornette: 

periodictabledancer
6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Utter pish

Have a word.

Some on here just won't tolerate any criticism of CLs disastrous tenure and how he hung about like a bad smell even after it was obvious what was going to happen. A sad & bitter end to his career. 

No doubt Levein left us in a mess but he also gave us some great times in his first spell in charge and he was a quality player for us for many years. 

Michael Stewart was a charlatan as a player with an awful attitude to go along with his ego AND he was willing to play for the Hobos. 

Both of them are reasonable as pundits but I'd rather hear Levein if I had to choose. 

Levein at least has a sense of humour, generally but also about himself and his failings.

19 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I suspect his yearly earnings were significantly higher than at the figure you quote due to that transfer business! :clyay: 

When you've had all sorts of challenges and costs associated with trying to disentangle yourself from deals for Oshinawa, Martin and Sammon, it's almost beyond belief to then walk into the Loic Damour situation.

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, periodictabledancer said:

Have a word.

Some on here just won't tolerate any criticism of CLs disastrous tenure and how he hung about like a bad smell even after it was obvious what was going to happen. A sad & bitter end to his career. 

I'm happy to admit it ended in disaster.  I think he has admitted that himself.  But Mikey got so wrapped up in his bitterness that he was taking potshots at just about everything the club did even up to the salary cuts due to covid.

I'm generally ok with Mikey but he took arseholery to a different level at that time.

1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

Have a word.

That was on Budge to fire him and he deserved it but people talk like he was desperate to put the club in the shit.

No manager walks away they get the bullet not sure why he should be any different.

40 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

It ended in disaster but that was the job of Budge to pull the trigger and put him and us out of our misery.

Doesn't change what he has done for the club. 

The good outweighs the bad. Even more so off the pitch. 

Nobody will ever say it didn't end badly. Taken as a whole though he has done far more good for Hearts than most. Especially that welt MS.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Michael Stewart could start an argument in an empty room, he does it all the time to draw attention to himself on whatever show he is on. Craig Levein was the wrong manager at the wrong time but he served us well for most of his time in the game and Stewart needs to let it go as he is making a fool of himself by continuing his grudge against CL.

Naisys Tackle
49 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'd put money on Craig any day of the week.

Would rather 2 former club captains never came to blows. 

queensferryjambo

Listened to it.

Just Michael Stewart having another sneaky dig at Levein from a distance. Very cowardly as per usual. No matter peoples opinions on Stewart or Levein the very public campaign Stewart waged against Levein and Hearts was well out of order.

Stewart's slagging of Levein started years before Levein took over as manager. It's easy to sit and say now Stewart was right about Levein in heindsight but when he was slagging Levein in 2015/16 season onwards it was disgraceful. Any other pundit slagging and having a dig every week on the BBC at a single manager of any other club would never have been tolerated.

He even accused Levein today of laughing and had to be corrected as it was someone else in the studio that laughed.

Anyone wanting to check the timeline of the Stewart / Levein spat might notice Levein never even replied to Stewart's weekly dose of spite until he made the £1 comments about Stewart was December 2017, this was a couple of years after Stewart started his shite. 

Levein was a fantastic player who played for Scotland in a world cup and Stewart was pish and played for the tramps as well.

Levein had been a decent manager in his day, but never got it right in his second spell and Stewart never had the courage to even try and become a manager.

52 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Exactly , pretty strange to see posters sticking up for him .. obviously not phm .

Think he dug a hole for him self and was stupid enough to keep digging and digging 

That being said think to be a football manger you have to have confidence in your ability even when no one else has.

But yes it was a cluster ****

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

What was the point though? Stewart just can’t help himself.

He was explaining and praising how far we have come since Levein left and Robbie came back.

Fwiw Im sure Levein actually says "I agree" when Stewart made the comment. 

Naisys Tackle
17 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Listened to it.

Just Michael Stewart having another sneaky dig at Levein from a distance. Very cowardly as per usual. No matter peoples opinions on Stewart or Levein the very public campaign Stewart waged against Levein and Hearts was well out of order.

Stewart's slagging of Levein started years before Levein took over as manager. It's easy to sit and say now Stewart was right about Levein in heindsight but when he was slagging Levein in 2015/16 season onwards it was disgraceful. Any other pundit slagging and having a dig every week on the BBC at a single manager of any other club would never have been tolerated.

He even accused Levein today of laughing and had to be corrected as it was someone else in the studio that laughed.

Anyone wanting to check the timeline of the Stewart / Levein spat might notice Levein never even replied to Stewart's weekly dose of spite until he made the £1 comments about Stewart was December 2017, this was a couple of years after Stewart started his shite. 

Levein was a fantastic player who played for Scotland in a world cup and Stewart was pish and played for the tramps as well.

Levein had been a decent manager in his day, but never got it right in his second spell and Stewart never had the courage to even try and become a manager.

No it wasn't.  You obvious heard what you wanted to because you back Levein over Stewart.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

Utter pish

Spot on. His Q&A evening with JC a few weeks ago made it clear how much he loved the club, how much he put in and what mistakes he made. 

1 hour ago, By The Light.. said:

I agree with his political opinions but I don't like him as a football pundit. 

Mind you I don't like pundits at all. 

Overpaid know it alls😏