We are going down

NB GIN

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Looks like UEFA are putting the ball back in the SFAs court to decide what to do with a decision on the season.  Makes me think relegation looks more likely as they will be dying to award Celtic the title.

If so, it begs the question as to the role of UEFA as this is exactly the kind of situation where they need to make a decision that applies to all their member clubs. I appreciate things are still unknown but they need to take the lead on this and come up with a coherent plan, no matter how unpopular that may be.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

• IveSeenTheLight

• NB GIN

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If so, it begs the question as to the role of UEFA as this is exactly the kind of situation where they need to make a decision that applies to all their member clubs. I appreciate things are still unknown but they need to take the lead on this and come up with a coherent plan, no matter how unpopular that may be.

I agree it seems like we are in a scenario where nobody wants to make a decision. Look at the time that has already gone by.

gorgie rd eh11

If there was a solution that suited both celtic and rangers then the decision would already have been made. 

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I agree on UEFA's indecisiveness but this will come down to TV deals and lawyers. UEFA don't want to leave themselves open to any legal action if they were to instruct that the season should be voided. A sad reflection of the modern game and who really holds the power. 

Decision will be based on whatever scenario suits the OF. If the Huns get a champions league place for 2nd then they won’t give a shiny shite about us being relegated.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I agree on UEFA's indecisiveness but this will come down to TV deals and lawyers. UEFA don't want to leave themselves open to any legal action if they were to instruct that the season should be voided. A sad reflection of the modern game and who really holds the power. 

Exactly, the one who makes the decision will be held liable for it, so national leagues dont want to be that one, they are hoping for Uefa. But uefa want the leagues to be responsible. It feels like a game of chicken at the moment. 

13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Yet another who has not read my original post but enjoys the sound of their own voice. 

Point 1 we have read the OP to infinity 

Point 2 as I said if its the worst thing,  relegation,  to happen to you this year,  you will be lucky. 

More factual than virtuous. Amazing how many have jumped on the same bandwagon without either reading or thinking about the post I made last night. 

Again as I have done all through the thread,  I continue to use Kickback for leisure,  it's the monotonous,  relentless pish that's being slated by me.

If we get relegated its not the end,  but it could easily be for a lot of folks,  that's reality. Virtuous  :lol:

SG I agree with quite a lot of your opinions on other matters but think you are off at a tangent on this one. As one who has a wife on the front line and am considering the kind offer to come out of retirement I am taking the pandemic very seriously and debate it in places other than JKB but I don't see it as a loss of perspective to debate whether or not we get relegated even if as you say if it was an either or situation that would be hugely less painful than losing a loved one. 

Not all fans get on of course and I don't mind being socially distanced from the man in the seat in front of me at Tynie but vive la difference (sorry to French scholars if I have got the gender of difference wrong!)

2 hours ago, sac said:

Decision will be based on whatever scenario suits the OF. If the Huns get a champions league place for 2nd then they won’t give a shiny shite about us being relegated.

This is a job for Judge Judith Schendlin.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, deejtee said:

SG I agree with quite a lot of your opinions on other matters but think you are off at a tangent on this one. As one who has a wife on the front line and am considering the kind offer to come out of retirement I am taking the pandemic very seriously and debate it in places other than JKB but I don't see it as a loss of perspective to debate whether or not we get relegated even if as you say if it was an either or situation that would be hugely less painful than losing a loved one. 

Not all fans get on of course and I don't mind being socially distanced from the man in the seat in front of me at Tynie but vive la difference (sorry to French scholars if I have got the gender of difference wrong!)

No worries,  but have a read through. I'm certainly not saying stop talking. Far from it.  No point did I ever suggest it. However there has been a thread covering pretty much all through March on topic. 

Interesting that more and more of your pundits have less appetite as the weeks go on. 

As I said from my first post,  if relegation is the worst thing this summer,  that's a trade I'd happily take for health and prosperity of loved ones. 

Personally I believe that to be rational, seems other people don't think that's grown up,  but hey ho :)

And good luck to you and your wife,  a time we all appreciate the things we have taken for granted way too long 

Edited by Sir Gio

There is no trade option in Covid-19 going away if Hearts go down/go bust 😂

Theyre not linked and therefore thinking about Hearts does not in any way undermine what we all recognise is currently the greater battle.

Everyone is entitled to talk freely about both and no one should be pontificating otherwise that their perspective is wrong as a result.

King Of The Cat Cafe
8 hours ago, jr ewing said:

This is a job for Judge Judith Schendlin.

Or better still, Judge Julie....

I'll get my dirty mac, shall I?

alicante jambo
9 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Think we will be relegated regardless of the games being played

I don't. The season can't surely be declared finished if it does not complete all games. Best thing is null and void but that is just my opinion. No  league winners and no relegation. Play the semi finals in october or november then the final about a fortnight later but to relegate us would be wrong and also to award celtic the title.

1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

I don't. The season can't surely be declared finished if it does not complete all games. Best thing is null and void but that is just my opinion. No  league winners and no relegation. Play the semi finals in october or november then the final about a fortnight later but to relegate us would be wrong and also to award celtic the title.

I am nor saying it is right. I think the season should be played to the end. But still think we will get relegated

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

I am nor saying it is right. I think the season should be played to the end. But still think we will get relegated

Your opinion mate no probs with that. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

How can you declare the season null and void then play the semi finals and final?  That doesn’t make any sense, think about it!  

alicante jambo
58 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How can you declare the season null and void then play the semi finals and final?  That doesn’t make any sense, think about it!  

I should have said the league appologies.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, alicante jambo said:

I should have said the league appologies.

Ah ok.  I still don’t agree though that you can say the league games didn’t happen but the Scottish Cup games did.  The League Cup, yes, as it was played to a conclusion.  

Null and void the league and play the semi final would certainly be the best outcome for Hearts!  But to be honest,  I don’t really have any appetite for a cup game maybe 6 months after we played the last round, seems ridiculous.  

alicante jambo
58 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ah ok.  I still don’t agree though that you can say the league games didn’t happen but the Scottish Cup games did.  The League Cup, yes, as it was played to a conclusion.  

Null and void the league and play the semi final would certainly be the best outcome for Hearts!  But to be honest,  I don’t really have any appetite for a cup game maybe 6 months after we played the last round, seems ridiculous.  

Just my opinion fozzy. Maybe it is because of us being bottom that is swaying me to this. To beat hibs in the semi and celtic in the final in 6 months i would take that any day mate. But of course the situation the world is in i understand a lot of folk thinking the same as you.

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Just my opinion fozzy. Maybe it is because of us being bottom that is swaying me to this. To beat hibs in the semi and celtic in the final in 6 months i would take that any day mate. But of course the situation the world is in i understand a lot of folk thinking the same as you.

4 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Forget the cup  keep us up,the rest doesnt matter ,,,let's get ready for a new season beginning in august hopefully, and everyone is fit and healthy by then'  certainly not missing watching hearts the way we were performing "     a wee break was needed.......

kirkierobroy

If Euro 2020 and the 2020 Olympics can be held in 2021, I don't see why the Scottish 19-20 season can't be played to a conclusion frim August or even later. It would mean the 20-21 season being curtailed with, say, fewer league games and no cup replays - but at least everyone would know that from the outset. 

On 30/03/2020 at 09:52, Ainsley Harriott said:

Looks like UEFA are putting the ball back in the SFAs court to decide what to do with a decision on the season.  Makes me think relegation looks more likely as they will be dying to award Celtic the title.

Everyone in football that has spoken who were at recent SFA/ SPFL meetings said suggests we're waiting for UEFA to clarify. They meet again Wednesday.

According to what I've heard Sky Sports and BT Sport also have a major say. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Ainsley Harriott
17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Everyone in football that has spoken who were at recent SFA/ SPFL meetings said suggests we're waiting for UEFA to clarify. They meet again Wednesday.

According to what I've heard Sky Sports and BT Sport also have a major say. 

Not surprised by that tv companies run football

18 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

If Euro 2020 and the 2020 Olympics can be held in 2021, I don't see why the Scottish 19-20 season can't be played to a conclusion frim August or even later. It would mean the 20-21 season being curtailed with, say, fewer league games and no cup replays - but at least everyone would know that from the outset. 

Ffs how many times, what happens to all the out of contract and pre contract deals ? That’s why it isn’t as simple as just delaying past may/June. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, Dazo said:

Ffs how many times, what happens to all the out of contract and pre contract deals ? That’s why it isn’t as simple as just delaying past may/June. 

Perhaps the compromise has to be that clubs will be allowed to complete their 2020-21 season with their 2021-22 squad, if that makes sense. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Perhaps the compromise has to be that clubs will be allowed to complete their 2020-21 season with their 2021-22 squad, if that makes sense. 

It does make sense but it allows ‘bigger’ clubs to buy their way out of trouble despite previously the window having closed. It would be a mess and not very sporting to finish a season with what could be a completely different stronger or weaker squad. 

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Rips in about our finances but congratulates rangers and Dave king on theirs???

what a knob!!

Kenny Dalglish is a legend.  But what utter ill informed shite - about us and Sevco.  He should stick to commenting on English football which presumably he knows a lot more about these days.

Maybe it would be a good idea not to give a platform for so many ex footballers to spout their pish on football finances and leave that to the experts.  They just embarrass themselves with their lack of knowledge.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

It does make sense but it allows ‘bigger’ clubs to buy their way out of trouble despite previously the window having closed. It would be a mess and not very sporting to finish a season with what could be a completely different stronger or weaker squad. 

It would be a bit of a mess - we could buy half the St Mirren team to weaken them (but could also lose our own players) but, for me, it's the cleanest solution and ther most 'sporting' solution relative to just binning months of effort. Or lack of effort, in our case.

The last 8 games could be done in one calendar month and the cup games in 4 days.

Next season: suspend the League Cup, everyone plays each other twice in the league (22 games) then have the split and play each other twice (another 10 games), no Scottish Cup replays.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

It would be a bit of a mess - we could buy half the St Mirren team to weaken them (but could also lose our own players) but, for me, it's the cleanest solution and ther most 'sporting' solution relative to just binning months of effort. Or lack of effort, in our case.

The last 8 games could be done in one calendar month and the cup games in 4 days.

Next season: suspend the League Cup, everyone plays each other twice in the league (22 games) then have the split and play each other twice (another 10 games), no Scottish Cup replays.

Can it be a sporting solution when you finish a tournament With a different players ? I don’t think it is. The window was closed, the squads for the run in were pretty much set. 

One things for sure if they allow teams to finish the season with new players then sporting integrity isn’t the motivation imo. 

kirkierobroy
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Ffs how many times, what happens to all the out of contract and pre contract deals ?

They are going to be an issue whenever and whether the season is completed or a new one begun.

To repeat - the Olympics have been put back a year. Do you think there were no contractual issues there?

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Kenny Dalglish is a legend.  But what utter ill informed shite - about us and Sevco.  He should stick to commenting on English football which presumably he knows a lot more about these days.

Maybe it would be a good idea not to give a platform for so many ex footballers to spout their pish on football finances and leave that to the experts.  They just embarrass themselves with their lack of knowledge.

Fantastic player but thick as shit IMO!

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Rips in about our finances but congratulates rangers and Dave king on theirs???

what a knob!!

and who is the Manager of Rangers again?

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

They are going to be an issue whenever and whether the season is completed or a new one begun.

To repeat - the Olympics have been put back a year. Do you think there were no contractual issues there?

Competitors at the Olympics are not contracted to the country they represent.

2 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

What are the contract issues over a new season ? Cause I can’t think of a single one that wouldn’t be an issue every new season. 

Folk saying null and void the season but oh we should still play the Scottish cup games :rofl:. Take a step back and try remove the Hearts bias. 

I don't think we will be seeing any football again this year, I can actually picture a scenario where we just pick up where we left off next year and finish off the season that way potentially.  

pettigrewsstylist

1. We have  a window that closes well after season start, through our own choice.

2. We have winter window.

3. You can sign non contracted free agent players throughout.

4. Emergency Loans remain available to apply for.

When did we last have single squad integrity to complete whole seasons fixtures? Not sure what the issue is tbh.

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Can it be a sporting solution when you finish a tournament With a different players ? I don’t think it is. The window was closed, the squads for the run in were pretty much set. 

One things for sure if they allow teams to finish the season with new players then sporting integrity isn’t the motivation imo. 

It's not sporting as such, but neither is denying a team a title with 8 games to go. Being pragmatic, i think the legal fallout from stopping the season far exceeds allowing teams to use new players.

And i would rather see this season finished, if possible.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's not sporting as such, but neither is denying a team a title with 8 games to go. Being pragmatic, i think the legal fallout from stopping the season far exceeds allowing teams to use new players.

And i would rather see this season finished, if possible.

I agree with you. 

It would be much fairer to finish the current season, whether or not the squads change due to transfers. This would give Celtic and Dundee United their fair opportunity to complete their championship wins without any future claims of them being tainted. 

It would give Hearts the fair opportunity to escape relegation without any possible cries from the usual mob about how we did it. Nothing has been said about the teams who are, not that far, above us getting off the hook. Wonder why?

You just can't decide that a season will finish early, keeping the current league positions as they are, and think that that is any better than teams changing squads down to players insisting their contracts end on the agreed date.

FinishImg the season , even into August/September isn't going to be an option. 

It will continue to be debated and eventually deemed as not feasible.. 

Clerry Jambo
11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree with you. 

It would be much fairer to finish the current season, whether or not the squads change due to transfers. This would give Celtic and Dundee United their fair opportunity to complete their championship wins without any future claims of them being tainted. 

It would give Hearts the fair opportunity to escape relegation without any possible cries from the usual mob about how we did it. Nothing has been said about the teams who are, not that far, above us getting off the hook. Wonder why?

You just can't decide that a season will finish early, keeping the current league positions as they are, and think that that is any better than teams changing squads down to players insisting their contracts end on the agreed date.

Good point mate about other teams above us getting off the hook, it is only 4 points not 14!!

SectionDJambo
8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Good point mate about other teams above us getting off the hook, it is only 4 points not 14!!

The team let the club down more badly than we first thought at Paisley. If we had won there, a whole different narrative would be directed at us from the west of Scotland press.

To use the age old expression. Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

On 28/03/2020 at 18:36, NB GIN said:

I think the SPL are going to call this and we will be relegated. 
I think Budge knows this as well and is preparing us financially for the drop. Unbelievable the way we have been run by budge and levein you couldn't make it up. The only positive it might be good to get rid of this squad and start again. 

Happy to go down if Hibs come with us. Mathematically it's possible for them to get relegated, so why not. We'll be back in one season and they'll be still down there.

Heartsofgold
56 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Competitors at the Olympics are not contracted to the country they represent.

Not quite right.  Most of the athletes receive their funding via bodies like Athletics UK and UK swimming etc.  These bodies have funding contracts with Team GB for major events.  There will also be performance and appearance contracts for many athletes that include Olympic/World Championship requirements to take into consideration.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Not quite right.  Most of the athletes receive their funding via bodies like Athletics UK and UK swimming etc.  These bodies have funding contracts with Team GB for major events.  There will also be performance and appearance contracts for many athletes that include Olympic/World Championship requirements to take into consideration.

My point was that they cannot contract to go represent another country.

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

My point was that they cannot contract to go represent another country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oksana_Chusovitina

Represented not 1 not 2 but 3 :rofl:

As you were, as you were :)

Comprehension issues again, tut tut, you can gain citizenship for other nations, which is of course a form of contract.

Edited by Sir Gio

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oksana_Chusovitina

Represented not 1 not 2 but 3 :rofl:

As you were, as you were :)

Comprehension issues again, tut tut, you can gain citizenship for other nations, which is of course a form of contract.

Fair enough.

Guess its a poor simili to use the Olympics as an example then.

The question then boils back down to whether sporting integrity allows in a period where the season timeframe is extended to allow further transfer windows or if the teams should only be able to use their registered players / youth players?

Leveins Battalion

We are in a global pandemic and a Heart of Midlothian fans forum is being updated every 10 minutes with new posts by an Aberdeen fan?🤭 Have a day off.

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We are in a global pandemic and a Heart of Midlothian fans forum is being updated every 10 minutes with new posts by an Aberdeen fan?🤭 Have a day off.

All sheep exhausted/day off?

• davemclaren locked this topic