We are going down

NB GIN

I think the SPL are going to call this and we will be relegated. 
I think Budge knows this as well and is preparing us financially for the drop. Unbelievable the way we have been run by budge and levein you couldn't make it up. The only positive it might be good to get rid of this squad and start again. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

• IveSeenTheLight

• NB GIN

Psychedelicropcircle
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

No we aren’t. Only if there was a thread to discuss this. 

The OP heavily sampling his user name 😂

7 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

The OP heavily sampling his user name 😂

I am actually 🤣🤣

No relegation this season.

Season will likely be stopped at current points and titles awarded. 2 up from leagues, no play offs. Brora and Kelty also promoted. 

22 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

I think Budge knows this as well and is preparing us financially for the drop. Unbelievable the way we have been run by budge and levein you couldn't make it up. The only positive it might be good to get rid of this squad and start again. 

There are other positives

Whatever happens, I'll just be glad I can go watch football again.

The 14 team setup that splits into top 8 and bottom 8 with 2 from the Championship is an interesting concept though and would save us from being relegated.

Only 3 weeks ago I was at Tynecastle. I just can't quite believe that though, as it feels like a very long time ago. Isolation does that I suppose, time is distorted as each day becomes the same thing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Another loss of perspective thread. 

No longer relevant,  as thousands of people die, if this is the only pain we suffer this year,  I'll take it. 

Relatives may well die

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No longer relevant,  as thousands of people die, if this is the only pain we suffer this year,  I'll take it. 

Relatives may well die

Indeed.  :clap: 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Relatives may well die

I get your sentiment, but this is a football forum so in general we talk about football,  it may not be important in relation to world affairs, but still. 

Maybe folk just distracting themselves, christ, the news that Murrayfield ice rink is going to be a morgue is depressing, a little football chat is welcome. 

👍

Greedy Jambo

I've lost all interest in football. I'd usually be right up for this over dramatic thread but naw, can't be arsed. 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I've lost all interest in football. I'd usually be right up for this over dramatic thread but naw, can't be arsed. 

I’m the same. Couldn’t give a shit about football. Seems really silly getting worked up about it. 

been here before

An edgy and dramatic thread. Salient points all of which are unique.

OP is a rapier through the humdrum mishmash of pish making his mark in a way the rest of you can only dream about.

Those of you knocking this original thread for no other reason than no-one else has had the insight to start anything similar should probably be making your way to EH7.

Tell us more OP...

Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin says the current football season could be lost if it cannot be restarted by the end of June.

Most leagues in Europe are suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic, with this summer's Euro 2020 tournament postponed for another year.

Ceferin says seasons could be finished behind closed doors.

"If we don't succeed in restarting, the season will probably be lost," the Slovenian said.

He told Italian newspaper La Repubblica: "There is a plan A, B and C.

"The three options are to start again in mid-May, in June or at the end of June.

"There is also the possibility of starting again at the beginning of the next [season], starting the following one later. We will see the best solution for leagues and clubs."

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

Great topic surprised we havent had it before 🙄

Independence
43 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I’m the same. Couldn’t give a shit about football. Seems really silly getting worked up about it. 

..but you're on Kickback. Strange. 

43 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin says the current football season could be lost if it cannot be restarted by the end of June.

Most leagues in Europe are suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic, with this summer's Euro 2020 tournament postponed for another year.

Ceferin says seasons could be finished behind closed doors.

"If we don't succeed in restarting, the season will probably be lost," the Slovenian said.

He told Italian newspaper La Repubblica: "There is a plan A, B and C.

"The three options are to start again in mid-May, in June or at the end of June.

"There is also the possibility of starting again at the beginning of the next [season], starting the following one later. We will see the best solution for leagues and clubs."

It was interesting the Cowdenbeath chairman said today on Sportsound that following yesterday's meetings in Scotland that they have to wait for UEFA and the broadcasters. 

Nookie Bear

Football is pretty insignificant, whether we are going through a global crisis or not. People go to games when their loved ones are seriously ill, when they lose their jobs or even when their wives are due to give birth. 

There are always more important things going on globally as well so we may as well close JKB down and forget about Hearts full stop?

Nah, it’s entertainment, a diversion and we have always needed it. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I get your sentiment, but this is a football forum so in general we talk about football,  it may not be important in relation to world affairs, but still. 

Maybe folk just distracting themselves, christ, the news that Murrayfield ice rink is going to be a morgue is depressing, a little football chat is welcome. 

👍

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Football is pretty insignificant, whether we are going through a global crisis or not. People go to games when their loved ones are seriously ill, when they lose their jobs or even when their wives are due to give birth. 

There are always more important things going on globally as well so we may as well close JKB down and forget about Hearts full stop?

Nah, it’s entertainment, a diversion and we have always needed it. 

Good posts. 

We all have concerns about family etc. but football has been a distraction for me through grim times in the past. 

Threads and posts on JKB provide some light relief and no one is risking anything by starting them or joining in.

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

So why are you on a football forum? 

chester copperpot

We wont get relegated without another game happening. That has pretty much been confirmed to me.

Rangers are desperate for UEFA to call this season null and void as it breaks those lots winning streak.

Greedy Jambo

Getting relegated will coincide with the utter shambles that craig and ann have created. 

Does anyone have any confidence that we would stay up after the next 8 games?

I think we should be at least be given the chance but i'm fully expecting failure if it goes ahead. 

I feel for budge as she's obviously trying her best, but she's utterly clueless about football. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

👍

I rest my case

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So why are you on a football forum? 

Because he uses it as an excuse to spam a board and damage his liver, both at the same time.

Greedy Jambo

If we go down, we go down. The damage has been done. 

Might as well make the most of it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Because he uses it as an excuse to spam a board and damage his liver, both at the same time.

The OP uses the phrase only positive. 

If Hearts position in the football world is your stress right now,  I envy these people 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

The OP uses the phrase only positive. 

If Hearts position in the football world is your stress right now,  I envy these people

Me too.

Tough days, but fingers crossed for us all.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Relatives may well die

Come on it’s a football forum 

2 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Why are you on here then 

31 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

We wont get relegated without another game happening. That has pretty much been confirmed to me.

Rangers are desperate for UEFA to call this season null and void as it breaks those lots winning streak.

I hope so mate null and void would be the perfect outcome for us 👍

Unknown user

Relatives may well die

I'm working my tits off and I'm grateful for the diversions, it's tough enough without people insisting on doom and gloom everywhere. 

TBQH if you don't want to be around people discussing football maybe coming onto a football forum is the real problem.

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, NB GIN said:

You literally have just made it up though. Put the gin aside and get yourself back on here:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/NorthBerwickNewsAndViews/?ref=group_header&view=group

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was interesting the Cowdenbeath chairman said today on Sportsound that following yesterday's meetings in Scotland that they have to wait for UEFA and the broadcasters. 

Those last three words highlight a lot of what is wrong with football - not just in Scotland but everywhere.

Football has sold its soul for the broadcasters' pieces of silver.

Relatives may well die

Been saying this for weeks , who gives a flying **** if we go down. I was hoping that AB would come and say similar , the statements on the wages is one thing, but someone needs to show leadership and guts on the whole football debate . Call it now, end the season , split all money equally and lets get on with fighting this virus. I don’t believe actually for a minute that any supporter would demand season ticket money refunded or sponsors to demand a refund under a null and void season ......... total bollocks 

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

No relegation this season.

Season will likely be stopped at current points and titles awarded. 2 up from leagues, no play offs. Brora and Kelty also promoted. 

That seems the best approach  ?  But will it happen , we certainly cant afford to go down.....

Yeh I am at the who cares which division we are in stage. As long as we have a club at the end.

Though we sometimes go down aye go back up.

with whats happened....  Give Celts the league...witithl knowing Ranger runners up No relegation with utd and another too make 14 for one year.....

we will get though this pals.....

Nookie Bear
29 minutes ago, fila said:

Been saying this for weeks , who gives a flying **** if we go down. I was hoping that AB would come and say similar , the statements on the wages is one thing, but someone needs to show leadership and guts on the whole football debate . Call it now, end the season , split all money equally and lets get on with fighting this virus. I don’t believe actually for a minute that any supporter would demand season ticket money refunded or sponsors to demand a refund under a null and void season ......... total bollocks 

If this drags on then you may find people start looking at ways to claw back some cash, and refunds for a void season may be one of them. 

2 hours ago, baron of ness said:

Pish and broken biscuits. 

That much-vaunted Scottish diet gone a bit downhill since the lockdown hit us...

CavySlaveJambo
3 hours ago, kila said:

Whatever happens, I'll just be glad I can go watch football again.

The 14 team setup that splits into top 8 and bottom 8 with 2 from the Championship is an interesting concept though and would save us from being relegated.

Only 3 weeks ago I was at Tynecastle. I just can't quite believe that though, as it feels like a very long time ago. Isolation does that I suppose, time is distorted as each day becomes the same thing.

Was this not the same plan that got dropped because it was almost universally hated.... 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Don't see the problem just finishing the league when we start back

then end of season break

then start a new season 

We're better playing in the summer if possible than in December and January 

Could scrap the league Cup and just play 22 or 27 (top/bottom 6) league games in following season 

Jambof3tornado

Dont give a **** if we go down or not, just hoping all my family and fellow jambos are still here when the fitbaw restarts!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'm working my tits off and I'm grateful for the diversions, it's tough enough without people insisting on doom and gloom everywhere. 

TBQH if you don't want to be around people discussing football maybe coming onto a football forum is the real problem.

Irony eh. Football forum is fine when its trying to lift the mood but this thread is hardly doing that is it?

• davemclaren locked this topic