We are going down

NB GIN

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, fila said:

Been saying this for weeks , who gives a flying **** if we go down. I was hoping that AB would come and say similar , the statements on the wages is one thing, but someone needs to show leadership and guts on the whole football debate . Call it now, end the season , split all money equally and lets get on with fighting this virus. I don’t believe actually for a minute that any supporter would demand season ticket money refunded or sponsors to demand a refund under a null and void season ......... total bollocks 

To be honest,  with such massive loss of life,  it seems rather disrespectful to those gone anyone could think of having an outcome or an argument over it

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

• IveSeenTheLight

• NB GIN

It’s pretty tough, but Saturday is escape back to reality without the real reality of the news.

i thought off the ball was good and Sportsound  was a lot better today without the previous nonsense. 
What happens this season doesn’t really matter in the big scheme of things, but it does matter a bit. The least important of the important things!

13 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Dont give a **** if we go down or not, just hoping all my family and fellow jambos are still here when the fitbaw restarts!

In these unprecedented times you are spot on , there’s tough times ahead for a lot of people , the famous will survive this whatever is the decision . We can only hope all our loved ones and friends can get through this safely and that’s the most important thing for us all.

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Another loss of perspective thread. 

No longer relevant,  as thousands of people die, if this is the only pain we suffer this year,  I'll take it. 

Relatives may well die

well said ♥️

chester copperpot
2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

I hope so mate null and void would be the perfect outcome for us 👍

I work in football (never mentioned that I dont think  :lol:) I doubt it will ever happen. 

the problems are in the leagues that cannot be reconstructed. Unless money talks. 

This might be the levelling field we have been shouting for. MAYBE

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Because he uses it as an excuse to spam a board and damage his liver, both at the same time.

The world is full of strange people 

4 hours ago, been here before said:

An edgy and dramatic thread. Salient points all of which are unique.

OP is a rapier through the humdrum mishmash of pish making his mark in a way the rest of you can only dream about.

Those of you knocking this original thread for no other reason than no-one else has had the insight to start anything similar should probably be making your way to EH7.

Tell us more OP...

Well said 

Some people are just so depressing it’s beyond belief.  The snowflakes just want to pull you up for everything 

Very tough times out there but I am discussing hearts on a football thread if that offends you then maybe Leave 

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, baron of ness said:

Pish and broken biscuits. 

Could you stop talking about my bed please?

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, NB GIN said:

I think the SPL are going to call this and we will be relegated. 
I think Budge knows this as well and is preparing us financially for the drop. Unbelievable the way we have been run by budge and levein you couldn't make it up. The only positive it might be good to get rid of this squad and start again. 

:bolt:

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Irony eh. Football forum is fine when its trying to lift the mood but this thread is hardly doing that is it?

If it doesn't meet your needs then do something else, it's hardly fair to expect other people to only post what you're thinking about.

As ever, no one's forcing anyone to read, log in or comment.

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe folk just distracting themselves, christ, the news that Murrayfield ice rink is going to be a morgue is depressing, a little football chat is welcome. 

👍

Is that true? Forgive my ignorance I live down South and not entirely aware of whats happening up Scotland. Last time I went to the ice rink was for that fake Fantazia rave back in '92.

13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

No longer relevant,  as thousands of people die, if this is the only pain we suffer this year,  I'll take it. 

Relatives may well die

Let’s shutdown JKB then.  

portobellojambo1
14 hours ago, NB GIN said:

I think Budge knows this as well and is preparing us financially for the drop. Unbelievable the way we have been run by budge and levein you couldn't make it up. The only positive it might be good to get rid of this squad and start again. 

There is already a thread on this, and it would have made more sense to add your commetns to that rather than start another. But, I'll give my thoughts. I don't think the SFA are going to call anything, decisions about football will be made at a much higher level.

Here in Scotland only two clubs will have a say on matters, one who will want the league played to a conclusion, Celtic, and the other who would be delighted if it were declared null and void, Rangers.

Personally, I sit in an area of the ground where the number of people hasn't dropped despite the level of performance we've witnessed for a long time now. My main hope football wise is that when it recommences all those who occupy those seats around me have managed to survive this crisis and are able to take up their seats again.

If we go down, we go down, and deal with it from there. Whether it is the top league or the Championship if I'm inside Tynecastle or on a bus travelling somewhere it means football is back in full swing. Without a doubt the football has been pretty awful to watch for a while now. But you know what, at this precise moment in time I'd rather be sitting inside a football stadium somewhere watching HMFC playing any sort of football than sat at home watching no live football at all.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Is that true? Forgive my ignorance I live down South and not entirely aware of whats happening up Scotland. Last time I went to the ice rink was for that fake Fantazia rave back in '92.

Yes to my knowledge, my wife has friends that live there, it's pretty grim. 

Also been told redford barracks is being kitted out as one too. Not sure if true tho, hopefully that is being kitted out as a hospital.... 

The nec at Birmingham Airport is being kitted out as well, 1500 "spaces" with a further capacity for 12000.....

Alec Eiffel

All has already been said.  Guidance will be given by yon higher up the food chain than the SPFL.  Whatever happens in England will be followed by Scotland.

What will be interesting is how he huns in the SPFL will connive to deprive the taigs of the title.

If the broadcasters have their say, I’m pretty sure that they’d prefer to keep Hearts in the league for the derbies and home games against the OF etc.

jack D and coke
11 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

To be honest,  with such massive loss of life,  it seems rather disrespectful to those gone anyone could think of having an outcome or an argument over it

Just wait till Celtic get denied a worthless SPL title. 

rip van tinkle

The SPL will do absolutely nothing - they will wait and see what England do and copy that model exactly.

Edit - although I suppose that is actually doing something 😜

Edited by rip van tinkle

Enough grim news on the TV and altered lives and fear. I don't see any problem whatsoever in looking forward to when life resumes and hoping to see our team competing in the top league. As others have said, if you only want to think about Coronavirus then stay off here and look at BBC / Sky news.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

There is already a thread on this, and it would have made more sense to add your commetns to that rather than start another. But, I'll give my thoughts. I don't think the SFA are going to call anything, decisions about football will be made at a much higher level.

Here in Scotland only two clubs will have a say on matters, one who will want the league played to a conclusion, Celtic, and the other who would be delighted if it were declared null and void, Rangers.

Personally, I sit in an area of the ground where the number of people hasn't dropped despite the level of performance we've witnessed for a long time now. My main hope football wise is that when it recommences all those who occupy those seats around me have managed to survive this crisis and are able to take up their seats again.

If we go down, we go down, and deal with it from there. Whether it is the top league or the Championship if I'm inside Tynecastle or on a bus travelling somewhere it means football is back in full swing. Without a doubt the football has been pretty awful to watch for a while now. But you know what, at this precise moment in time I'd rather be sitting inside a football stadium somewhere watching HMFC playing any sort of football than sat at home watching no live football at all.

Careful PJ. You’ll have the usual suspects on here having a go at you for talking common sense. FWIW, I’m in your camp over this 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Paolo said:

Let’s shutdown JKB then.  

Not at all. 

My criticism is reserved for very few threads. 

Balance and perspective eh. Same comments for @Smithee

As other people have said it's not new, and really its not a big deal in the natural order of things for those with aforementioned balance and perspective 

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I’d imagine we all share these sentiments but being honest although we have been piss poor for sometime nobody actually deserves anything at this point of the season with so many points still to play for.

If the seasons lost then to me it’s null and void .... what else would lost mean ?

gashauskis9
16 hours ago, NB GIN said:

The return of the positive one...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just wait till Celtic get denied a worthless SPL title. 

I believe some of the lower league decisions coupled with the comments from UEFA are preparing the ground for expungement.

Given very few teams succeed, they will know this will appeal to a vast majority 

gashauskis9
13 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

We wont get relegated without another game happening. That has pretty much been confirmed to me.

Rangers are desperate for UEFA to call this season null and void as it breaks those lots winning streak.

If it’s null and void, I assume clubs won’t get paid for placings?

If this is the case, it’ll push Rangers closer to the cliff surely?

been here before
53 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Also been told redford barracks is being kitted out as one too. Not sure if true tho, hopefully that is being kitted out as a hospital.... 

The nec at Birmingham Airport is being kitted out as well, 1500 "spaces" with a further capacity for 12000.....

No its not.

Theres an ice rink in Spain thats been used or identified for that use so I imagine its folk puting 2+2 together and coming up with sensationalist gossiping bullshit.

If the death rate was to rise significantly then perhaps, but it would appear at this time the current system is more than capable of coping.

As for the barracks, I passed there this morning and it looked eerily deserted let alone somewhere being kitted out as a hospital. Where would the sojers go?

The Old Tolbooth
15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Relatives may well die

Thread closer for me, well said sir! 

BervieJambo

There’s a simple solution that seems to have been ignored... just merge this season with next, playing 66 games in the Premiership. Games played already still count, so nothing is lost. Celtic still have their lead so they’re happy, Dundee United have their big lead in the Championship, so can win it fairly with minimal risk of throwing it all away. Teams in the drop zone have plenty of opportunity to get out of it.

This seasons Scottish Cup can be finished in the autumn, next season’s played as normal with the League Cup ditched for a year.

chuck berrys hairline
13 minutes ago, been here before said:

No its not.

Theres an ice rink in Spain thats been used or identified for that use so I imagine its folk puting 2+2 together and coming up with sensationalist gossiping bullshit.

If the death rate was to rise significantly then perhaps, but it would appear at this time the current system is more than capable of coping.

As for the barracks, I passed there this morning and it looked eerily deserted let alone somewhere being kitted out as a hospital. Where would the sojers go?

The TA are stationed at home 👀 and its only some wee norn irish division stationed there the now anyways

grumpyespana

It will matter what is decided not everyone will be happy so common sense here the best answer is make the season null and void, give the European places to the top four teams and play the Scottish cup semi finals and final when the football is allowed to start

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It was a couple of weeks ago now but one of my friends posted a photo on FB of a convoy of Army vehicles heading West along the bypass, and many of the vehicles had the red cross on the side. Very possible they were heading for the barracks, with the intention of that area being used as a temporary hospital

Ex member of the SaS

To be fair to the GFA ( did I just type that ! ) they have a hard decision to make. Call the league now and Hearts and Sevco will complain, also have St J, if they beat Hibs they would be top six and more cash. Then you have the teams in the Championship fighting for the second place.

So as they have already paid out prize money ( Sevco were desperate so they had to help ) I can't see how they can do anything other than increase the league next season to 14. ( even for one season ) Still not perfect for the Championship teams but financial compensation might smooth the path.

The rather complicated formula that's been doing the rounds seems a step too far and too hard to implement.

Anyhow there won't be any football this year, you can be sure of that. Even next season is up in the air so there will be far more to worry about as there may not be many teams left by then.

been here before
16 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

The TA are stationed at home 👀 and its only some wee norn irish division stationed there the now.

Is it?

I thought it was RRS. 

Fair do's.

Edited by been here before

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, been here before said:

No its not.

The source is a head teacher. 

Called the schools going on the 20th over 3weeks ago. 

They live near by, said there was trucks etc all dropping stuff off, police, army health etc. 

All very men in black ish. 

The barracks one is from a soldier who said that plans were in place. 

Porto Jambo said there has been movement. 

Maybe not tho, however the nec in Birmingham has been kitted out as a morgue so it would make sense that all cities have plans. 

Be negligent not too imo. 

BBC article says that current morgue capacity couldn't cope with a 1% increase across the board, so in all honesty I hope there are plans to cope with expected demand and ofc a worse case scenario. 

been here before
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The source is a head teacher. 

Called the schools going on the 20th over 3weeks ago. 

They live near by, said there was trucks etc all dropping stuff off, police, army health etc. 

All very men in black ish. 

The barracks one is from a soldier who said that plans were in place. 

Porto Jambo said there has been movement. 

Maybe not tho, however the nec in Birmingham has been kitted out as a morgue so it would make sense that all cities have plans. 

Be negligent not too imo. 

BBC article says that current morgue capacity couldn't cope with a 1% increase across the board, so in all honesty I hope there are plans to cope with expected demand and ofc a worse case scenario. 

There's always these contingency plans in place for civil emergency situations. Murrayfield ice rink essentialy being a big fridge would be an ideal makeshift morgue. Id imagine if there was some massive disaster at Murrayfiled during a game or even Tynecastle it would be used. It doesnt mean its happenning now though, it just means people are nlw aware of it and making it into a situation its currently not.

Porto Jambos pal saw...

38 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

a convoy of Army vehicles heading West along the bypass, and many of the vehicles had the red cross on the side.

...that could really be anything going anywhere in all fairness.

Hopefully either way we never find out.

Edited by been here before

East Lothian Jambo
12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I completely agree. If we go down we go down. Pales into insignificance given wider issues going on 

We'll come back if we do go down (I don't think we will though)

26 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

To be fair to the GFA ( did I just type that ! ) they have a hard decision to make. Call the league now and Hearts and Sevco will complain, also have St J, if they beat Hibs they would be top six and more cash. Then you have the teams in the Championship fighting for the second place.

So as they have already paid out prize money ( Sevco were desperate so they had to help ) I can't see how they can do anything other than increase the league next season to 14. ( even for one season ) Still not perfect for the Championship teams but financial compensation might smooth the path.

The rather complicated formula that's been doing the rounds seems a step too far and too hard to implement.

Anyhow there won't be any football this year, you can be sure of that. Even next season is up in the air so there will be far more to worry about as there may not be many teams left by then.

You can't possibly know this. No one knows when football, or any other sport for that matter will re-start. 

Amazing how the world's major sporting organisations have yet to decide on what is to happen with all sporting competitions scheduled for the rest of the year and we await with anticipation on their decision; yet some dude rocks up on JKB and we're meant to say, aye, okay then mate, next year it is then.

Season should be void but they will complete it IMO and start next season later to line up with the 2022 world cup

16 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Relatives may well die

Pretty much where I am. It’ll be sore if we get relegated but, in relation to the pain some are going through just now physically, emotionally and financially it’s **** all

Blackshades

Sport of any kind seems a long way off just now and we are only at the begining of this shit and the end seems like a long time away .when this is finally over I'm just praying most of us are here to celebrate what ever league were in because that will be a fantastic day.

12 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Could you stop talking about my bed please?

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Not at all. 

My criticism is reserved for very few threads. 

Balance and perspective eh. Same comments for @Smithee

As other people have said it's not new, and really its not a big deal in the natural order of things for those with aforementioned balance and perspective 

I agree, but I am not going to criticise someone for discuss the possibility of relegation, as a result of this.  It is a remnant and hot topic, even if not the most important one.  Rather like the financial press discussing the financial impact, and the effect on the stock market. 

48 minutes ago, been here before said:

There's always these contingency plans in place for civil emergency situations. Murrayfield ice rink essentialy being a big fridge would be an ideal makeshift morgue. Id imagine if there was some massive disaster at Murrayfiled during a game or even Tynecastle it would be used. It doesnt mean its happenning now though, it just means people are nlw aware of it and making it into a situation its currently not.

Porto Jambos pal saw...

...that could really be anything going anywhere in all fairness.

Hopefully either way we never find out.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best is where we are. No-one knows the answers but the worst would be really grim. Meantime no harm in speculating about other things.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

😄

I'm using that today at some point.

Fill your boots, Jake.  👍

14 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you should call your doctor 

• davemclaren locked this topic