• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

• IveSeenTheLight

• NB GIN

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, JWL said:

You can't possibly know this. No one knows when football, or any other sport for that matter will re-start. 

Amazing how the world's major sporting organisations have yet to decide on what is to happen with all sporting competitions scheduled for the rest of the year and we await with anticipation on their decision; yet some dude rocks up on JKB and we're meant to say, aye, okay then mate, next year it is then.

The site is about opinions and I can tell you now no matter what you think, this virus is not going away. With so many stupid people in the country/ world who won't social distance or self isolate this will grow and grow.

Gove said today this will continue long after the three weeks lock down already in place.

Do you really think they are outfitting these halls/ arenas  for fun? They are expecting thousands of deaths and are preparing for such.

So if you think that any football will be played this year, I will ask you to come on here and admit you were wrong when it doesn't happen.

Until then keep safe and hope to feck you or a loved one doesn't catch it.

16 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm working my tits off and I'm grateful for the diversions, it's tough enough without people insisting on doom and gloom everywhere. 

TBQH if you don't want to be around people discussing football maybe coming onto a football forum is the real problem.

Exactly. We all still need a laugh and a chat about relatively unimportant normal stuff. Meeting my neighbours (at a distance) in the street, people keep their spirits up by sharing a laugh, not by shaking their heads and inhaling gloom.

Did people really not watch the 2012 rerun because football is inappropriate at the moment?  No chance!  It made my Friday better after a tiring day's work!

Maybe those too upset to chat football can migrate to mum's net to focus on the important stuff like toilet rolls and get elbows deep in worry.

Edited by stan
Typo

45 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The site is about opinions and I can tell you now no matter what you think, this virus is not going away. With so many stupid people in the country/ world who won't social distance or self isolate this will grow and grow.

Gove said today this will continue long after the three weeks lock down already in place.

Do you really think they are outfitting these halls/ arenas  for fun? They are expecting thousands of deaths and are preparing for such.

So if you think that any football will be played this year, I will ask you to come on here and admit you were wrong when it doesn't happen.

Until then keep safe and hope to feck you or a loved one doesn't catch it.

To be honest, I don't disagree with anything you've said. The thing is though, nobody actually knows when this thing will reach its peak, apart from the toppermost medical experts who are currently disinclined to provide us with any definitive dateline for a slowing down or flattening curve or whatever the term is, because it is such a grey area even for them. I have an opinion, but because there is so much information and counter information currently on display, my opinion means the square root of sod all, so I keep it to myself. I'm hoping, probably in vain, that football is up and running come September/October but I may well be a country mile wide of the mark. I too hope that no member of your family falls foul of this thing and apologies if I was a wee bit off with my reply. I'm away to watch some classic Pink Panther now, can't beat a bit of Clouseau. He'd get this thing sorted. 

18 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

We wont get relegated without another game happening. That has pretty much been confirmed to me.

More and more likely it will be too difficult to finish any more games. 

Only if we went to summer football starting season in March. 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yes to my knowledge, my wife has friends that live there, it's pretty grim. 

Also been told redford barracks is being kitted out as one too. Not sure if true tho, hopefully that is being kitted out as a hospital.... 

The nec at Birmingham Airport is being kitted out as well, 1500 "spaces" with a further capacity for 12000.....

The ice rink is not a morgue

everything it pretty normal except for the pubs being shut

check the sky figures Lothian is only about 1/8000 that have have the virus

500ClubCraig
18 minutes ago, Dodey98 said:

“pretty normal” I hope you’re tongue is firmly in your cheek?

Try telling people who’s loved ones are on ventilators in Lothian Hospitals it’s “pretty normal”, try telling the NHS staff and the families they go home to its “pretty normal”.

When life does get back to what most of us consider normal then the Football Season will either be played to a conclusion or declared null and void.

Unknown user
5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Not at all. 

My criticism is reserved for very few threads. 

Balance and perspective eh. Same comments for @Smithee

As other people have said it's not new, and really its not a big deal in the natural order of things for those with aforementioned balance and perspective 

Life goes on. It's quite insulting to suggest people don't have balance or perspective, when really they just have different balance or perspective to you.

The terrace is for football, go somewhere else if that offends.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, NB GIN said:

I think you should call your doctor 

Aye whatever. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Life goes on. It's quite insulting to suggest people don't have balance or perspective, when really they just have different balance or perspective to you.

The terrace is for football, go somewhere else if that offends.

As I say,  criticism is reserved for very little. 

You seem to be ignoring that part. 

At no point have I said I felt offended,  putting words in my mouth. 

And I am absolutely allowed to state my point of view.

Its insulting you think you can tell someone to go elsewhere. Not very balanced. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its insulting you think you can tell someone to go elsewhere. Not very balanced. 

I'm absolutely allowed to state my point of view 👍

With the government now pretty much saying we will probably need social distancing for the foreseeable and “normal life” won’t even have a chance of resuming for at least 6 months, I genuinely can’t see this season being finished. If we finish this season after waiting 6 months or more, we are as well cancelling next season. If we don’t then we need total reconstruction of our full set up as we’d need to have a condensed season without any cup competition just to get back inline with our “traditional“ season. The SFA have to act this week because this is bordering on the ridiculous. In 6 months time, Celtic will win the league with potentially a totally new starting 11. We will avoid relegation and win the cup (🙈) with a totally new team.  The easiest options are to null and void the season and we start a fresh again next season. The other option is we declare the league as it stands now but no one goes down, two from each league below goes up a league and the following season we have 3 relegation slots. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Dodey98 said:

1 hour ago, Dodey98 said:

Maybe not, but I was told by folk that live there that it was getting prepared to be one. 

I'd be surprised if Edinburgh isn't taking actions similar to other cities. 

Pretty normal, the nec in Birmingham has been set aside with 1500 morgue spaces, with the capacity to go to 12k.

Manchester and London have nightingale hospitals being set up now, with large capacity to house the dead as we speak. 

I believe a  Glasgow venue  is also being prepared in such away. 

Pretty Normal.... I hope you are right but in two weeks time I feel these comments will look at best, a bit stupid. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm absolutely allowed to state my point of view 👍

Agree. Again never denied that. 

Open to comment.

Considering the numerous threads already debating the topic,  my viewpoint as many have agreed it lacks perspective. Hardly a request to ban Kickback. 

Some seem to be curiously supportive of the topic suggesting it somehow offers escapism. 

Given the nature of the topic,  I would question that sentiment. 

Hope that's clear enough  :2thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

With the government now pretty much saying we will probably need social distancing for the foreseeable and “normal life” won’t even have a chance of resuming for at least 6 months, I genuinely can’t see this season being finished. If we finish this season after waiting 6 months or more, we are as well cancelling next season. If we don’t then we need total reconstruction of our full set up as we’d need to have a condensed season without any cup competition just to get back inline with our “traditional“ season. The SFA have to act this week because this is bordering on the ridiculous. In 6 months time, Celtic will win the league with potentially a totally new starting 11. We will avoid relegation and win the cup (🙈) with a totally new team.  The easiest options are to null and void the season and we start a fresh again next season. The other option is we declare the league as it stands now but no one goes down, two from each league below goes up a league and the following season we have 3 relegation slots. 

On a lighter note. 

I would have hated this in my single, mid twenties "mood" days. 

I wonder what the next thread will be where Sir Gio waltzes in trying to make themselves feel good by telling the rest of us off for talking about something other than the world's impending doom.

Why have you not done this before? For example, there's millions dying in poverty around the world while all we cared about was nonsense on a football forum. Quite a selective attitude to show when your react like this because a disease is affecting both the rich and the poor.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, kila said:

I wonder what the next thread will be where Sir Gio waltzes in trying to make themselves feel good by telling the rest of us off for talking about something other than the world's impending doom.

Why have you not done this before? For example, there's millions dying in poverty around the world while all we cared about was nonsense on a football forum. Quite a selective attitude to show when your react like this because a disease is affecting both the rich and the poor.

This thread makes you feel good  :lol:

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, JWL said:

To be honest, I don't disagree with anything you've said. The thing is though, nobody actually knows when this thing will reach its peak, apart from the toppermost medical experts who are currently disinclined to provide us with any definitive dateline for a slowing down or flattening curve or whatever the term is, because it is such a grey area even for them. I have an opinion, but because there is so much information and counter information currently on display, my opinion means the square root of sod all, so I keep it to myself. I'm hoping, probably in vain, that football is up and running come September/October but I may well be a country mile wide of the mark. I too hope that no member of your family falls foul of this thing and apologies if I was a wee bit off with my reply. I'm away to watch some classic Pink Panther now, can't beat a bit of Clouseau. He'd get this thing sorted. 

No worries. They are now saying six months and maybe longer. Seriously can't see things being " normal " for a long long time. Hence my comment.The GFA and all the other bodies can't act until there is light at the end of the tunnel so even when we get an all clear they will still take time to come to a solution that suits all.

Keep in and keep safe.

32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

On a lighter note. 

I would have hated this in my single, mid twenties "mood" days. 

Very true. I’d be onto about page 713 on........

been here before
15 minutes ago, kila said:

See this is the crux.

Things are off the scale just now and may well get worse before they get better and apart from what most of us are doing there's not an awful lot more we can really do just now. Everyone knows "there are bigger more important things going on just now". We all know this current situation is without reasonable precedent.

As far as Im aware social distancing and basic good hygeine are the best ways to combat this. Im not aware that thinking and talking about nothing other than Covid 19 or the current situation is going to change a single thing. 

So why not talk about football amongst other things... what might happen, what might not... whether we'll get relegated, will leagues be reconstructed... it doesnt change the outside world one iota for good or bad, better or worse.

If you dont want to join in then dont but please spare us the "there are bigger more important things going on just now" virtue signaling pish.

3 hours ago, stan said:

Exactly. We all still need a laugh and a chat about relatively unimportant normal stuff. Meeting my neighbours (at a distance) in the street, people keep their spirits up by sharing a laugh, not by shaking their heads and inhaling gloom.

Did people really not watch the 2012 rerun because football is inappropriate at the moment?  No chance!  It made my Friday better after a tiring day's work!

Maybe those too upset to chat football can migrate to mum's net to focus on the important stuff like toilet rolls and get elbows deep in worry.

Great post :)

Showing the 1991 utd Motherwell game on BBC Scotland in 10 mins....

God I miss the footy

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No worries. They are now saying six months and maybe longer. Seriously can't see things being " normal " for a long long time. Hence my comment.The GFA and all the other bodies can't act until there is light at the end of the tunnel so even when we get an all clear they will still take time to come to a solution that suits all.

Keep in and keep safe.

It is literally impossible to come to a solution that suits all.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It is literally impossible to come to a solution that suits all.

Which is why any solution will suit Celtic, the SFA and Der Huns first and foremost.

Maiden Gorgie
14 minutes ago, been here before said:

See this is the crux.

Things are off the scale just now and may well get worse before they get better and apart from what most of us are doing there's not an awful lot more we can really do just now. Everyone knows "there are bigger more important things going on just now". We all know this current situation is without reasonable precedent.

As far as Im aware social distancing and basic good hygeine are the best ways to combat this. Im not aware that thinking and talking about nothing other than Covid 19 or the current situation is going to change a single thing. 

So why not talk about football amongst other things... what might happen, what might not... whether we'll get relegated, will leagues be reconstructed... it doesnt change the outside world one iota for good or bad, better or worse.

If you dont want to join in then dont but please spare us the "there are bigger more important things going on just now" virtue signaling pish.

Excellent post

500ClubCraig

We are going down, possibly if this season is eventually played to a conclusion but regardless of our own predicament I’ve wanted league reconstruction for years, to two leagues of 18.

Never happen I know but IMO it would be the best permanent long term solution for Scottish Football!
Two up automatically and play off for third bottom team similar to present.

Spread the wealth, yes it would take a few years for the current Championship Clubs and below to feel the benefits but long term can only be positive?

31 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Great post :)

Showing the 1991 utd Motherwell game on BBC Scotland in 10 mins....

God I miss the footy

Good match - surpring number of memorable players when seeing it again.

38 minutes ago, been here before said:

See this is the crux.

Well said mate. We can all surely enjoy or worry about more than one thing at a time 👍

Nookie Bear
44 minutes ago, been here before said:

See this is the crux.

In fairness, I am reading the point as being: nobody is saying we cannot talk about football, but to stress over relegation, or taking the league to court or whatever, is wrong because of the current crisis. We should accept our fate and move on. 

Personally I feel we should fight any attempt to demote us with 8 games to play, even through the courts. 

been here before
20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In fairness, I am reading the point as being: nobody is saying we cannot talk about football, but to stress over relegation, or taking the league to court or whatever, is wrong because of the current crisis. We should accept our fate and move on. 

Personally I feel we should fight any attempt to demote us with 8 games to play, even through the courts. 

And who are they to decide what other people might or might not stress about. If folk want to get worked up over that whilst getting on with all the other shit thats around then let them.

Its not my cup of tea but **** sitting there like some pious arsehole laying it on with the "there are bigger more important things going on just now" like Ive got some exclusive insight into world affairs and can therefore tell people what they should be doing.

Nookie Bear
35 minutes ago, been here before said:

And who are they to decide what other people might or might not stress about. If folk want to get worked up over that whilst getting on with all the other shit thats around then let them.

Its not my cup of tea but **** sitting there like some pious arsehole laying it on with the "there are bigger more important things going on just now" like Ive got some exclusive insight into world affairs and can therefore tell people what they should be doing.

Absolutely, it annoys me too,

At the end of the day, it is 22 men kicking a ball around and it pales into insignificance against anything life is throwing at us, even before 2020. Virus or not, if we get relegated with 8 games to play i will be raging, and i will be double raging if the club accepts it without a fight.

In other news its weird to see pass backs and some thundering challenges in that 91’ cup final.

I miss footie when it was like that.

The first yellow card was in ET after watching some beauties before that.

1 hour ago, stan said:

Good match - surpring number of memorable players when seeing it again.

Yes Stan...

Great show.....

I enjoyed the 5-1 cup final

But I get how the hibbies want the 114;year final...

Jesus we will get through this....wish I was fit enough for a kick about in the meadows... 

:)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, been here before said:

See this is the crux.

Yet another who has not read my original post but enjoys the sound of their own voice. 

Point 1 we have read the OP to infinity 

Point 2 as I said if its the worst thing,  relegation,  to happen to you this year,  you will be lucky. 

More factual than virtuous. Amazing how many have jumped on the same bandwagon without either reading or thinking about the post I made last night. 

Again as I have done all through the thread,  I continue to use Kickback for leisure,  it's the monotonous,  relentless pish that's being slated by me.

If we get relegated its not the end,  but it could easily be for a lot of folks,  that's reality. Virtuous  :lol:

been here before
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yet another who has not read my original post but enjoys the sound of their own voice. 

Point 1 we have read the OP to infinity 

Point 2 as I said if its the worst thing,  relegation,  to happen to you this year,  you will be lucky. 

More factual than virtuous. Amazing how many have jumped on the same bandwagon without either reading or thinking about the post I made last night. 

Again as I have done all through the thread,  I continue to use Kickback for leisure,  it's the monotonous,  relentless pish that's being slated by me.

If we get relegated its not the end,  but it could easily be for a lot of folks,  that's reality. Virtuous  :lol:

Point one- nothing was aimed at you directly. You're not that important so get over yourself.

Point 2 I agree with your point 1.

Point 3. The rest of your post is taken up with being about you again- see point 1.

That was another cracking uplifting match. Football is great at times like this.

Some Bruce Lee tackles flying about there 😀. I can't remember Syme being a lenient ref. Sure he sent McLaren off for swearing saying F. Sake ref at Parkhead...shortly after Tosh lamped Mick McCarthy. In fairness Tosh's was was more than a 50/50 tackle 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Point one- nothing was aimed at you directly. You're not that important so get over yourself.

Point 2 I agree with your point 1.

Point 3. The rest of your post is taken up with being about you again- see point 1.

Yet I was quoted in the post you quoted in your rant.

Of course I'm not important, you on the other hand eh....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, stan said:

That was another cracking uplifting match. Football is great at times like this.

Some Bruce Lee tackles flying about there 😀. I can't remember Syme being a lenient ref. Sure he sent McLaren off for swearing saying F. Sake ref at Parkhead...shortly after Tosh lamped Mick McCarthy. In fairness Tosh's was was more than a 50/50 tackle 😂

Showcase games were usually handled a little differently. Not sure why there were no bookings,  unless there were in extra time. 

Plenty of commitment for sure. 90% perspiration 10% inspiration 

been here before
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Yet I was quoted in the post you quoted in your rant.

Of course I'm not important, you on the other hand eh....

😂 "I was quoted in the post you quoted..." :rofl:

So thats not me quoting you then. 

Desperate but funny.

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Smithee is on the button here I am afraid. To try and shoot me down for suggesting we will in my opinion be relegated when all this coronavirus is going on. 
This is a football forum if you don’t like that, best you leave here and go onto the daily mail forum.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, kila said:

Once lockdown is over, the back of the Wheatfield gonna be a busy place

Free for all, should we wear name badges 😜

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Which is why any solution will suit Celtic, the SFA and Der Huns first and foremost.

Of course, but I can’t see a solution that suits the uglies 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Smithee is on the button here I am afraid. To try and shoot me down for suggesting we will in my opinion be relegated when all this coronavirus is going on. 
This is a football forum if you don’t like that, best you leave here and go onto the daily mail forum.

There is already a thread, they cant relegate us legally, has already covered it, and again, and again and again.

You really haven't added anything new, that's the problem.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, been here before said:

😂 "I was quoted in the post you quoted..." :rofl:

So thats not me quoting you then. 

Desperate but funny.

Kila mentioned me, you quoted that post which indicates that it was myself you were having at your latest pop at. Not very bright or observant take your pick.

Not half as funny as your desperation for an argument. have a lovely day and stay healthy :)

IveSeenTheLight
21 hours ago, BervieJambo said:

There’s a simple solution that seems to have been ignored... just merge this season with next, playing 66 games in the Premiership. Games played already still count, so nothing is lost. Celtic still have their lead so they’re happy, Dundee United have their big lead in the Championship, so can win it fairly with minimal risk of throwing it all away. Teams in the drop zone have plenty of opportunity to get out of it.

This seasons Scottish Cup can be finished in the autumn, next season’s played as normal with the League Cup ditched for a year.

Never heard that one before.

So the split is after the 66 games, play each team 3 times at home and 3 times away before the split.

Doubt it would happen as the league would become so boring as the teams are stretched out in the league with more and more having nothing to play for.

been here before
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Kila mentioned me, you quoted that post which indicates that it was myself you were having at your latest pop at. Not very bright or observant take your pick.

Not half as funny as your desperation for an argument. have a lovely day and stay healthy :)

"But he mentioned me and you mentioned him so you must be talking about me"  😂😂😂😂😂

You're a grown man?

Ainsley Harriott

Looks like UEFA are putting the ball back in the SFAs court to decide what to do with a decision on the season.  Makes me think relegation looks more likely as they will be dying to award Celtic the title.

• davemclaren locked this topic