H2

Toilet Rolls

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, weehammy said:

If you get sick official advice is while there is no treatment, mitigate symptoms with paracetamol.

Best of luck finding any of that. Supplies should have started being protected two months ago.

I noticed plenty of it in Sainsbury the other day and the wife noticed loads in Morrisons in the Gyle yesterday so hopefully there is enough now getting through to the stores. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Wife heard a few story's from work colleagues yesterday, who have family or friends who work in supermarkets.

The general consensus seems to be that a lot of people are out of control, they're behaving like animals, in fact animals are better behaved.

Don't know where this happened, but a old man was wandering around a supermarket trying to get a few odds and ends, well he had a 4 pack of bog roll in his trolley, he turned around to look at something on a shelf and when he turned back around somebody had nicked his bog roll out of his trolley.

Words fail me, how low can someone get to do that.

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Wife heard a few story's from work colleagues yesterday, who have family or friends who work in supermarkets.

The general consensus seems to be that a lot of people are out of control, they're behaving like animals, in fact animals are better behaved.

Don't know where this happened, but a old man was wandering around a supermarket trying to get a few odds and ends, well he had a 4 pack of bog roll in his trolley, he turned around to look at something on a shelf and when he turned back around somebody had nicked his bog roll out of his trolley.

Fortunately there a lot more decent people in the world.

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fortunately there a lot more decent people in the world.

I think that’s a fair assessment. The filth grab the headlines but most people are honest and decent. 

Marvin
55 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I saw an older lady in tears because the vultures down beside me had stripped the shelves bare of all toiletries. I asked a staff member to pinch a bog roll from staff toilet to help her. Respect to Sainsburys  staff. Good customer service albeit not quite as good as mine from when I worked in a supermarket 😛

BarneyBattles

Where have they all gone? Just nipped to Tesco to get some veg for soup and it’s deserted! I thought it had closed for some reason. 

checkout staff just sitting there doing nothing. 

Mad. 

Lovecraft
13 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Where have they all gone? Just nipped to Tesco to get some veg for soup and it’s deserted! I thought it had closed for some reason. 

Mad. 

Did you manage to get the soup?

BarneyBattles
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Did you manage to get the soup?

I did. Scotch broth going in the slow cooker overnight. 

Thanks for asking 😃

BarneyBattles

Nae fekking beer left though!

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Mad. 

Quiet where I've just been.

Plenty food. No toilet roll / cleaning stuff. 

weehammy
19 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Nae fekking beer left though!

People sitting in front of the telly gorging on pasta, surrounded by bevvy, bog roll and boxes of paracetamol.

Welcome to the UK in 2020!

Lovecraft
3 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

I did. Scotch broth going in the slow cooker overnight. 

Thanks for asking 😃

Nice.

I was being serious.  Good to hear shops still have some stuff.

BarneyBattles
3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Nice.

I was being serious.  Good to hear shops still have some stuff.

Plenty onions, leeks, carrot, celery etc. No turnips but got some diced swede. Decent stock, salt and pepper, pearl barley and dried peas. 

It’s been in the slow cooker for an hour. Smells fantastic already.

Will turn it off overnight and back on tomorrow. 

Crusty bread wit butter. Barry.  

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Plenty onions, leeks, carrot, celery etc. No turnips but got some diced swede. Decent stock, salt and pepper, pearl barley and dried peas. 

It’s been in the slow cooker for an hour. Smells fantastic already.

Will turn it off overnight and back on tomorrow. 

Crusty bread wit butter. Barry.  

Can you not just leave it on?

BarneyBattles
45 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Can you not just leave it on?

24 hours might be a bit much to be fair. Recipe says 6-8🤪

ri Alban
11 hours ago, weehammy said:

People sitting in front of the telly gorging on pasta, surrounded by bevvy, bog roll and boxes of paracetamol.

Welcome to the UK in 2020!

I thought I seen [email protected]#£_ at ma windie.

Sooperstar
9 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

You've ruined it by putting celery in anyway. 

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

👍

The slow cooker does a great job.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Just popped into Tesco on way home from work just as it opened 6am, 2 full pallets of bog roll in 16 and 9 packs took 5 min walk round shop buying other stuff first due to bulk of bog roll went back last item 80% were gone in 5 or 6  mins store was quiet but every customer (me included) was buying some. I know the stocks will recover within a month but whilst empty shelves are seen it creates panic.

Marge and butter gone, only a few high price anti cholesterol ones left.

No cheese in block form at all.

Tins still less every day.

and with real threat of shut down later today shops will be ravaged to bones.

Arnaud Djoum

Selfish pricks do not think about the people who are working still keeping the country going. I’m worried more about the behaviour of this lot than any damage the virus will do. 

Barack

**** it. I'm going to get a McDonald's breakfast wrap, before they all shut tonight.

Apocalypse now.

GinRummy
1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Just popped into Tesco on way home from work just as it opened 6am, 2 full pallets of bog roll in 16 and 9 packs took 5 min walk round shop buying other stuff first due to bulk of bog roll went back last item 80% were gone in 5 or 6  mins store was quiet but every customer (me included) was buying some. I know the stocks will recover within a month but whilst empty shelves are seen it creates panic.

Not sure where you are but in Musselburgh many of the local grocery shops, newsagents etc have toilet roll and kitchen roll in. I obviously don’t know if this is the same in other areas. 

jumpship

Family friend who works in one of the supermarkets in straiton park. 

She shared that customers are regularly swearing at staff and being pretty aggressive. 

I also heard tescos at hardengreen now closes at night but folks are queuing up to get in.. but a lot of them are the same people from the morning before and are just baying the same sh*t. 

There are truly some horrible people living in Scotland.  

jumpship
1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Not a month. If people stopped buying today... Stock levels would return in less than a week. 

Lemongrab
2 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Screen-Shot-2015-06-30-at-12-07-22.png

Rousset1
4 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Screen-Shot-2015-06-30-at-12-07-22.png

I used to love the Viz letters page.

Particularly the ones about cereal boxes.

Marvin
3 hours ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Selfish pricks do not think about the people who are working still keeping the country going. I’m worried more about the behaviour of this lot than any damage the virus will do. 

They'll be the death of us. 

Marvin
1 hour ago, jumpship said:

I also heard tescos at hardengreen now closes at night but folks are queuing up to get in.. but a lot of them are the same people from the morning before and are just baying the same sh*t. 

Having worked in retail some years ago now, this does not surprise me one little bit.

milky_26
3 hours ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

thats the thing, people especially in groups are selfish, ignorant :censored:

Mac_fae_Gillie
2 hours ago, jumpship said:

Family friend who works in one of the supermarkets in straiton park. 

She shared that customers are regularly swearing at staff and being pretty aggressive. 

There are truly some horrible people living in Scotland.  

Normally only 1 security guard on at Tesco when I pop in after work early doors, today there were 3 on duty including 1 at door.

Never understood the anger thrown at people just doing a job who have zero responsibility for issue/s at hand.

I love to vent as much as anyone but gotta be the guilty buggers like hoarders etc.

Marvin

Just had a pack of 9 rolls dropped off by my mate whom like me is exercising social distancing recommendations.   

jumpship
53 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Normally only 1 security guard on at Tesco when I pop in after work early doors, today there were 3 on duty including 1 at door.

Never understood the anger thrown at people just doing a job who have zero responsibility for issue/s at hand.

I love to vent as much as anyone but gotta be the guilty buggers like hoarders etc.

Just been in, there toilet roll but still folks buying more than they need. Woman baying two packs of 9. So let's say she has a big family and they go through a roll a day... that's still 18 days worth... is that her till 18 days in the house? Is it #$%@. But then again, maybe she was buying for someone else.. 🤔

Picture won't load but the bread section is full... over stocked one might say... all those idiots buying so much have been proven idiots..

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Just been in, there toilet roll but still folks buying more than they need. Woman baying two packs of 9. So let's say she has a big family and they go through a roll a day... that's still 18 days worth... is that her till 18 days in the house? Is it #$%@. But then again, maybe she was buying for someone else.. 🤔

Picture won't load but the bread section is full... over stocked one might say... all those idiots buying so much have been proven idiots..

Hope they’ve wasted a lot of money.

gjcc
1 hour ago, jumpship said:

She’ll need all that after feeding her family all the perishable food she’s been hoarding. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Hope they’ve wasted a lot of money.

Wouldn't surprise me some have maxed out their credit cards in the process, some might even still be paying for all the extra food and bog roll for the next 5 years or longer.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Wouldn't surprise me some have maxed out their credit cards in the process, some might even still be paying for all the extra food and bog roll for the next 5 years or longer.

Good.

weehammy
48 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They’ll be looking for a government bale out.

Space Pirate

Has anyone managed to get an answer from a toilet roll hoarder as to why they are doing it?

felix
Posted (edited)

Nice to hear the odd good news story in these times :-🙂

Edited by felix

Jamstomorrow

Make your toilet paper last longer by making sure you use both sides of the sheet.   You will be washing your hands thoroughly anyway  .   .   .   .    won't you?  ;) 

I remember this ditty from my youth:

In days of old when Knights were bold and paper wasn't invented,

they wiped their bum with finger and thumb and went home quite contented.

Shanks

Why the rush for toilet roll anyway?  It's not like it's a necessity, if I ran out of paper I would just jump in the shower and wash my arsehole out with my hand and shower gel.  Hardly a big deal.

Barack
3 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Why the rush for toilet roll anyway?  It's not like it's a necessity, if I ran out of paper I would just jump in the shower and wash my arsehole out with my hand and shower gel.  Hardly a big deal.

:yas:

Get those claggies!

Mikey1874

Sainsburys Gorgie an hour or so ago had a decent supply of paracetamol. 

graygo
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sainsburys Gorgie an hour or so ago had a decent supply of paracetamol. 

I just told the wife that and she said she's not got a sore head.

:yas:

:oohmatron:

weehammy

Just back from Sainsbury’s Straiton with some bog roll. Woo-hoo!!!!!

GinRummy
2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Has anyone managed to get an answer from a toilet roll hoarder as to why they are doing it?

My neighbour said ‘it’s because Janet is a ****ing idiot’ he then said ‘if the golf courses close I’ll be up for murder’.

Space Pirate
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

My neighbour said ‘it’s because Janet is a ****ing idiot’ he then said ‘if the golf courses close I’ll be up for murder’.

Ah right, i've experienced the same golf idiot with the same kinda wife. 

It's starting to get predictable now. 

This boy was raging about not being able to play golf and told me he would be hitting balls at his neighbours windows if he couldn't. 

manaliveits105

GinRummy
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Ah right, i've experienced the same golf idiot with the same kinda wife. 

It's starting to get predictable now. 

This boy was raging about not being able to play golf and told me he would be hitting balls at his neighbours windows if he couldn't. 

Yeah. My brothers the same, not about his wife, she’s nice, just worried about the golf. Golf ffs! With everything else that’s going on 😕

Space Pirate
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah. My brothers the same, not about his wife, she’s nice, just worried about the golf. Golf ffs! With everything else that’s going on 😕

I feel sorry for the wife then. 

The boy i know, his wife will die if she doesn't get a fresh loaf of bread every day. 

She's never ate a salad in her life.