Jump to content
H2

Toilet Rolls

Recommended Posts

jonnothejambo
On 19/03/2020 at 13:20, Morgan said:

Baby boom.

 

Aye. Shite rubber johnnies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Maybe the Italians didn't get a jump on hoarding, the UK heard rumours of quarantine so a million people went out and stocked up and others have bought extra over the last fortnight, Italy though had a days notice it is that fact that scared people into stocking up.

I am more worried about the fact I have not stocked up, got about 3 days fresh 3 days tinned at max and on last bog roll even work has no bog roll so that source has gone..

 

The old boy over the path from me said that he's going to do what he did when he was young.

Cut up newspaper into squares and hang them on a piece of string.

He added that instead of buying newspapers there are plenty of free magazines, property magazines that are just as good.

Think we'll be doing the same before long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mac_fae_Gillie
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

The old boy over the path from me said that he's going to do what he did when he was young.

Cut up newspaper into squares and hang them on a piece of string.

He added that instead of buying newspapers there are plenty of free magazines, property magazines that are just as good.

Think we'll be doing the same before long.

But was that using a flushable indoor toilet or an outhouse that got emptied into a bucket and taken to farm for slurry pit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

But was that using a flushable indoor toilet or an outhouse that got emptied into a bucket and taken to farm for slurry pit?

 

Most likely the latter, as he did grow up on a farm.  :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weehammy

It appears the hoarders have become addicted to the practice. Garden sheds full of bog rolls but they can’t resist the compulsion to keep buying. Shoppers at Tesco Corstorphine’s dedicated elderly/vulnerable hour this morning (9.00 - 10.00) found the shelves had already been stripped by the barbarian hordes who turned up on opening at 6.00!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
33 minutes ago, weehammy said:

It appears the hoarders have become addicted to the practice. Garden sheds full of bog rolls but they can’t resist the compulsion to keep buying. Shoppers at Tesco Corstorphine’s dedicated elderly/vulnerable hour this morning (9.00 - 10.00) found the shelves had already been stripped by the barbarian hordes who turned up on opening at 6.00!

 

Like I've said they are panic buying for the sake of panic buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Weathers

Booze now being hovered up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
Posted (edited)

Cat food and cat lit taking a hit now too.

Edited by ...a bit disco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
37 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Booze now being hovered up.

 

Understandable now that the pubs won't be open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Cat food and cat lit taking a hit now too.

 

Understandable now that the Chinese are not eati......  better not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemongrab

I see it's being reported that gastric problems are an early symptom with over half of the people who catch the virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
7 hours ago, Marvin said:

 

my local shop has sold out of Rizal and other brands.

Not surprised. 

Spoiler


C9C66C23-ED98-4F5A-AEFF-C1DD8046FFC8.thumb.jpeg.a2db4456fd99ed392f783bd2efd41ae6.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
33 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Cat food and cat lit taking a hit now too.

 

Is that for folk who didnt get toilet paper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
10 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

Is that for folk who didnt get toilet paper?

nope its like chick lit but for felines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Cat food and cat lit taking a hit now too.

 

When at the shops last I had the notion to buy extra cat litter and food, the animal is better prepared than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemongrab
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

 

When at the shops last I had the notion to buy extra cat litter and food, the animal is better prepared than me.

As long as you don't get as bad as my wife. She has bought bottled water, so the dogs will have water if there's any problem with the mains supply. :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
5 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

As long as you don't get as bad as my wife. She has bought bottled water, so the dogs will have water if there's any problem with the mains supply. :facepalm:


Better get out with some bin bags and catch some fresh air in case the air quality is compromised indoors too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemongrab
20 minutes ago, gjcc said:


Better get out with some bin bags and catch some fresh air in case the air quality is compromised indoors too. 

Great idea. I can store them next to the emergency generator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts

No issues getting soap, sanitiser or loo rolls where I live. Fortunately, it's a mainly Asian community here, so no one is panicking buying and everyone looking out for each other. As I expected it to be.

 

Nav in the shop across the road from me said if anyone tries to bulk buy, they leave with nothing. Also asked me to let any older people know they can get the loo roll etc on tick, if they're struggling for cash.

 

It's good to have that type of community spirit to take the worry out of shopping. With my wifes wage now kind of sorted at 80%, my parents actually listening to me and staying in, the only issue now is me being a 'key worker', so still required to head in to town to work every day. The two other guys in my dept are now off on isolation, as their parents have the virus, so just need to keep going til I get it, then some time off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
11 hours ago, Marvin said:

 

When at the shops last I had the notion to buy extra cat litter and food, the animal is better prepared than me.

So you panic bought cat litter and cat food?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
17 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

So you panic bought cat litter and cat food?

Not being argumentative but is buying a bit extra considered panic buying? Surely less trips to the shops is good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not being argumentative but is buying a bit extra considered panic buying? Surely less trips to the shops is good?

People buying over and above their normal buying patterns is all contributing. If everybody buys an extra one of each product then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, Sooperstar said:

People buying over and above their normal buying patterns is all contributing. If everybody buys an extra one of each product then...

Not sure that’s right. The supermarkets usually have loads of everything. Would buying an extra one of certain items not just mean they had lower stock than normal. You’re maybe right but I’m not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
26 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

So you panic bought cat litter and cat food?

 

Yep, She will need it soon. The shelves in  my local Sainsbury are empty. Pets have to eat and shit too you know. I will be fine, just as long as the cat has her food, stimulus and a clean place to piss and shit. No more than we want for ourselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3
On 19/03/2020 at 19:40, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

You would like to think so. Or I could take her blue badge with me. I will see how things are in the morning. 

Ah.....

 

think you may just have just triggered an idea for the next wave of panic buying scumbags methods of getting into supermarkets early to clear the shelves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Sooner we bring in rationing the better.

 

The human race, are parasites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

As long as you don't get as bad as my wife. She has bought bottled water, so the dogs will have water if there's any problem with the mains supply. :facepalm:

Proves who she loves more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ah.....

 

think you may just have just triggered an idea for the next wave of panic buying scumbags methods of getting into supermarkets early to clear the shelves.

 

I read the notice on the Asda website Re the 6am-9am openings. It said they wanted this time to be for elderly etc but didnt state it was strictly for them. I went without my mum (not fair to ask her to go out and put herself at risk) and I was 5th in the queue at 5.45am. By 6am there was over 100 folk waiting. 

 

Nobody was asking or checking folk as they went in and it was a free for all.  I let a guy go in front of me as we entered as he was in a wheelchair and was being pushed.

 

Shelves still had limited or no stock. I managed to get nearly everything on my normal weekly shopping list. 

 

As I went to a checkout the woman in front of me had a trolly folk of bottled water. She was told to put 2 items back as she was only allowed 3 of the same item (the trolly was only different flavours of bottled water). She left a couple at a checkout that wasnt opened but the woman serving her told her to come back later for them!!!

 

Glad to be served I was making my way out when I noticed the guy in the wheelchair. His companion had he had managed to fill a trolley. I then witnessed a miracle. As they got out the door the guy in the wheelchair not only managed to walk but ran to his car pushing the wheelchair and opened the boot! 

 

Respect to the staff of the supermarkets who are getting little thanks but loads of abuse but I fear that things are going to get a lot worse at the shops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

I read the notice on the Asda website Re the 6am-9am openings. It said they wanted this time to be for elderly etc but didnt state it was strictly for them. I went without my mum (not fair to ask her to go out and put herself at risk) and I was 5th in the queue at 5.45am. By 6am there was over 100 folk waiting. 

 

Nobody was asking or checking folk as they went in and it was a free for all.  I let a guy go in front of me as we entered as he was in a wheelchair and was being pushed.

 

Shelves still had limited or no stock. I managed to get nearly everything on my normal weekly shopping list. 

 

As I went to a checkout the woman in front of me had a trolly folk of bottled water. She was told to put 2 items back as she was only allowed 3 of the same item (the trolly was only different flavours of bottled water). She left a couple at a checkout that wasnt opened but the woman serving her told her to come back later for them!!!

 

Glad to be served I was making my way out when I noticed the guy in the wheelchair. His companion had he had managed to fill a trolley. I then witnessed a miracle. As they got out the door the guy in the wheelchair not only managed to walk but ran to his car pushing the wheelchair and opened the boot! 

 

Respect to the staff of the supermarkets who are getting little thanks but loads of abuse but I fear that things are going to get a lot worse at the shops.

I agree..... peoples houses will be broken into for food.... delivery vans will be targeted as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Tesco Colinton was very short on certain things.   All the expected stuff but strangely short on bags of potatoes,  frozen chips,  fabric softener (wtf),  ready meals.    Plenty bread, rolls, eggs, milk, meat.     

 

When I was in there was a staff tannoy message "first aider to check-out".   For a few seconds I had visions of a full pelt shutdown because of a virus alert or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Things might settle down a bit once all the supermarkets get their temp staff online.    30,000 across the industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady

Todays panic seems to be beer - there were folk picking up the biggest packs they could find at 10am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
micole
Posted (edited)

I managed to get some toilet roll today ( Lidl , Prestonpans) however no tinned stuff at all and more worryingly nae beer and the wine shelves were taking a pounding....😲😲

Edited by micole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

I was too early for beer but I'm not concerned.   I will drink anything I can pick up whenever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Things might settle down a bit once all the supermarkets get their temp staff online.    30,000 across the industry.

 

Get the warehouses working more full on.

 

Also supplies from Europe etc should improve with roads cleared after mass movement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Tesco Colinton was very short on certain things.   All the expected stuff but strangely short on bags of potatoes,  frozen chips,  fabric softener (wtf),  ready meals.    Plenty bread, rolls, eggs, milk, meat.     

 

When I was in there was a staff tannoy message "first aider to check-out".   For a few seconds I had visions of a full pelt shutdown because of a virus alert or something.

I went with a list for my mum and ended up in 5 different shops (Adsda Chesser then Aldi, M&S Foods, Food Warehouse and Poundland  to get everything - it wasn't even that much - about £40 worth in total.

 

Fabric softener was the last thing I found - I got Comfort in Poundland!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I went with a list for my mum and ended up in 5 different shops (Adsda Chesser then Aldi, M&S Foods, Food Warehouse and Poundland  to get everything - it wasn't even that much - about £40 worth in total.

 

Fabric softener was the last thing I found - I got Comfort in Poundland!

 

I had to buy a beer keg sized Lenor.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Get the warehouses working more full on.

 

Also supplies from Europe etc should improve with roads cleared after mass movement. 

 

There's a bit of constipation in the supply chain with extra checks going on at borders.    It may well continue to cause knock-on problems for some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla
49 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Todays panic seems to be beer - there were folk picking up the biggest packs they could find at 10am

 

Woman in front of us at the checkout in lidl was kicking off at the cashier cos she was trying to buy too many of the same beer and wasn't allowed. Full on huffing, throwing arms up and just generally having a wee tantrum. Embarrassing. Guess beer/alcohol sales will skyrocket with the pubs closing. 

 

Aside from that, the checkouts were a bit busier than usual and there's a lot of empty freezers but managed to get everything we usually do easily. Plenty toilet roll in home bargains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
1 hour ago, micole said:

I managed to get some toilet roll today ( Lidl , Prestonpans) however no tinned stuff at all and more worryingly nae beer and the wine shelves were taking a pounding....😲😲

 

It was like that in the booze aisle of Sainsbury earlier today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
Posted (edited)

Toilet roll in Waitrose Comely Bank just now after extra PM delivery.

 

Own brand soft. 16 pack. £6. 

 

White pasta too.

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Toilet roll in Waitrose Comely Bank just now after extra PM delivery.

 

Own brand soft. 16 pack. £6. 

:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf

I was in a large store today and was surprised at how well-stocked the shelves were.  Plenty of most items, EXCEPT toilet paper, facial tissue, and pasta.  Zilch for those.

 

Soon I'll be heading back to the wartime years when cut up newspaper was all that was available for bog roll.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Todays panic seems to be beer - there were folk picking up the biggest packs they could find at 10am

 

I knew this was going to happen, and it's the reason why I ordered two cases from 2 different online beer shops on Tuesday.

 

Got both of them today  :mj_zivili:

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

I knew this was going to happen, and it's the reason why I ordered two cases from 2 different online beer shops on Tuesday.

 

Got both of them today  :mj_zivili:

There’s still beer about. Got a 10 pack of Stella from Asda at The Jewel an hour or so ago and there was loads of other beers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There’s still beer about. Got a 10 pack of Stella from Asda at The Jewel an hour or so ago and there was loads of other beers. 

 

Not really into Stella tbh, one of the cases was 16 bottles of Leffe Brune, a dark strong Belgian Abbey beer, that's the sort of beer I drink.

 

Besides I'm trying social distancing as much as I can, never been over the door for 3 days now.

 

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Not really into Stella tbh, one of the cases was 16 bottles of Leffe Brune, a dark strong Belgian Abbey beer, that's the sort of beer I drink.

 

Besides I'm trying social distancing as much as I can, never been over the door for 3 days now.

 

Well done. Good you’re keeping clear of everyone. Yeah I just like fairly strong lager. Lots of that still about, thought it would be more difficult to get today because of pubs shutting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Well done. Good you’re keeping clear of everyone. Yeah I just like fairly strong lager. Lots of that still about, thought it would be more difficult to get today because of pubs shutting. 

 

It'll come, trust me, it'll come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weehammy

If you get sick official advice is while there is no treatment, mitigate symptoms with paracetamol.

Best of luck finding any of that. Supplies should have started being protected two months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...