Jump to content

Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )


Section Q

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, graygo said:

 

No offence mate but until the 90 days are up that's a non-story. 

 

Normally I'd agree, however they initially said that they'd be in touch within 60 days, then it changed to 90 days and yesterday he got told that they couldn't give him an update and didn't know how long things could take.

 

Just kicking the can further down the road, they know they have to pay out and are just stalling for as long as they can spin it, that's what's going on here now, well it certainly looks like that.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Jambo-Jimbo

    137

  • OBE

    114

  • Samuel Camazzola

    110

  • davemclaren

    106

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toxteth O'Grady
23 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Yay, thankfully they have now notified me that the holiday is cancelled and I’ve went for a full refund. Just watching for the money to reappear in my account in the coming days but they’ve finally seen sense. 

That’s good. I don’t think they have any intention to fly anywhere that requires quarantine on return but they are only cancelling at short notice. I suspect this is because they couldn’t begin to cope with the numbers of refunds if they cancelled up to the end of the year. Also some people will cancel themselves and TUI will get to keep their money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In still waiting on refund when flybe went bust.  Booked other flights and got cancelled. Should get money by Christmas. Glad the hotel was cancelled no problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Normally I'd agree, however they initially said that they'd be in touch within 60 days, then it changed to 90 days and yesterday he got told that they couldn't give him an update and didn't know how long things could take.

 

Just kicking the can further down the road, they know they have to pay out and are just stalling for as long as they can spin it, that's what's going on here now, well it certainly looks like that.

 

 

 

I take it the flights weren't paid by credit card so a charge back is out the equation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jvm32 said:

 

I take it the flights weren't paid by credit card so a charge back is out the equation?

 

Doesn't matter now, result.

KLM have refunded him his entire amount of over £2300, it was in his bank account this afternoon, delighted he is.

 

So that's now the last of the wedding cancellation sorted, the flights/honeymoon to South Africa was the last thing to get sorted.

 

They are now looking at hiring a motorhome and touring Canada for their honeymoon next year, assuming the rearranged date of the wedding goes ahead, which at the moment is anybody's guess, but at least they have their money back and that was the main thing here.

 

Thank you to all who have offered advice on this matter. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dagger Is Back
On 28/05/2020 at 23:50, CostaJambo said:

Thanks for all the advice mate. I guess in our case it will only apply if they extend the no-fly date past 12/07 since we are due to fly after that, not sure we will even be able to postpone and get a credit on a later flight. 

Never ever did get a refund from VA. Utterly shambolic process. Eventually got fed up and got our refund via chargeback with, wait for it, Virgin Money.

 

It took VM, 4 days to get it sorted

 

👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Doesn't matter now, result.

KLM have refunded him his entire amount of over £2300, it was in his bank account this afternoon, delighted he is.

 

So that's now the last of the wedding cancellation sorted, the flights/honeymoon to South Africa was the last thing to get sorted.

 

They are now looking at hiring a motorhome and touring Canada for their honeymoon next year, assuming the rearranged date of the wedding goes ahead, which at the moment is anybody's guess, but at least they have their money back and that was the main thing here.

 

Thank you to all who have offered advice on this matter. 👍

 

Told you it was a non story 😉

 

Good news. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Never ever did get a refund from VA. Utterly shambolic process. Eventually got fed up and got our refund via chargeback with, wait for it, Virgin Money.

 

It took VM, 4 days to get it sorted

 

👏

 

Virgin were the only company I had an issue with getting a refund from as well, ended up going down the charge back route to get it back. However about 2 months after that the refund appeared on my credit card as well. I've contacted my credit card about it, all they've said is their claims team will get round to sorting it eventually, so at least I get to hold their money for a while like they did mines. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, jvm32 said:

 

Virgin were the only company I had an issue with getting a refund from as well, ended up going down the charge back route to get it back. However about 2 months after that the refund appeared on my credit card as well. I've contacted my credit card about it, all they've said is their claims team will get round to sorting it eventually, so at least I get to hold their money for a while like they did mines. 

 

Glad you got your money back but what a torturous process. WA chat or text, with someone different picking up your case, and no-one seeing it through to a satisfactory conclusion. Having to repeat the same old information and being told different stories about the length of time it would take for the refund to appear. They told me it was processed on 11 August and would be received within 7.14 or 21 days! Still hasn't arrived!

 

Maybe with a bit of luck they'll forget to reclaim their payment to you

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

 

Glad you got your money back but what a torturous process. WA chat or text, with someone different picking up your case, and no-one seeing it through to a satisfactory conclusion. Having to repeat the same old information and being told different stories about the length of time it would take for the refund to appear. They told me it was processed on 11 August and would be received within 7.14 or 21 days! Still hasn't arrived!

 

Maybe with a bit of luck they'll forget to reclaim their payment to you

 

 

 

Yeh, I gave up trying to deal with them early doors and just went down the charge back route, they were utterly useless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
17 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Doesn't matter now, result.

KLM have refunded him his entire amount of over £2300, it was in his bank account this afternoon, delighted he is.

 

So that's now the last of the wedding cancellation sorted, the flights/honeymoon to South Africa was the last thing to get sorted.

 

They are now looking at hiring a motorhome and touring Canada for their honeymoon next year, assuming the rearranged date of the wedding goes ahead, which at the moment is anybody's guess, but at least they have their money back and that was the main thing here.

 

Thank you to all who have offered advice on this matter. 👍

Great news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Never ever did get a refund from VA. Utterly shambolic process. Eventually got fed up and got our refund via chargeback with, wait for it, Virgin Money.

 

It took VM, 4 days to get it sorted

 

👏

Still waiting for mine, flights were July/Aug. Branson pleading poverty from his private Caribbean island.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Still waiting for mine, flights were July/Aug. Branson pleading poverty from his private Caribbean island.

He’s pathetic..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dagger Is Back
59 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Still waiting for mine, flights were July/Aug. Branson pleading poverty from his private Caribbean island.


Our flights were Jun/Jul. Aye poor lad must be down to his last couple of hundred million

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Still waiting for mine, flights were July/Aug. Branson pleading poverty from his private Caribbean island.

 

Oh leave the poor guy alone, he's going through a really tough time right now.

 

The price of coconut milk for his pina coladas has more than doubled this year, he's nearly destitute ffs.  :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just announced that Italy, San Marino & the Vatican City have all been removed from England's safe list from 4am Sunday, the other home nations tend to follow suit on these things.

 

Can't be many places left to travel to that you don't need to 14 day quarantine upon return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just announced that Italy, San Marino & the Vatican City have all been removed from England's safe list from 4am Sunday, the other home nations tend to follow suit on these things.

 

Can't be many places left to travel to that you don't need to 14 day quarantine upon return.

 

Can you travel to England direct from the Vatican City?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, graygo said:

 

Can you travel to England direct from the Vatican City?

 

Not without divine intervention you can't.

 

Did raise my eyebrows when they said the Vatican & San Marino, both land locked and no direct links to the UK.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns

Our next holiday is supposed to be Antigua in January. I have been keeping an eye on FCO advice and TUI website.

 

You require a negative test to enter and have to do it privately in the UK. New info up on TUI website in case anyone interested. You can get test here https://www.randoxhealth.com/covid-19-home-testing-kit/

 

costs £120

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2020 at 20:30, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Crete has been added to the safe list, so that's at least one place folks can go for a wee bit of autumn sun.

 

 

All the Greek islands except Mykonos I believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2020 at 18:00, graygo said:

 

Can you travel to England direct from the Vatican City?

 

On 15/10/2020 at 19:34, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Not without divine intervention you can't.

 

Did raise my eyebrows when they said the Vatican & San Marino, both land locked and no direct links to the UK.

 

The form you fill in ask you to note any countries you have visited within the previous 14 days. They're relying on people being honest and not just putting down the country they are directly travelling from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns
16 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

All the Greek islands except Mykonos I believe.

 

Just a shame its too late. End of the season on the Greek isles with flights drying up between now and the end of October. Doesn't really open up again until the end of March / April.

 

We were once in Chania on Crete for the October school break and were the very last guests to depart the hotel. Staff were following us around switching off all the lights and locking doors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

 

Just a shame its too late. End of the season on the Greek isles with flights drying up between now and the end of October. Doesn't really open up again until the end of March / April.

 

We were once in Chania on Crete for the October school break and were the very last guests to depart the hotel. Staff were following us around switching off all the lights and locking doors.

 

Right enough, I had a similar experience a few years ago in Corfu. All the staff were heading back home on the mainland for the winter months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

 

Just a shame its too late. End of the season on the Greek isles with flights drying up between now and the end of October. Doesn't really open up again until the end of March / April.

 

We were once in Chania on Crete for the October school break and were the very last guests to depart the hotel. Staff were following us around switching off all the lights and locking doors.

 

Yip similar here, we were in Malia and by the last day of the holiday it was just the Husband & Wife owners who were left, all the other staff had finished for the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, OBE said:

Canaries back on from 04:00 Sun 25th Oct...no need to self isolate for 14 after return.

 

Denmark, Mykonos & the Maldives as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

UK Gov banning all but essential travel. Ryanair not offering refunds for November flights in England, but can change dates for free.

 

As we (Scotland) stand, this might encourage English travellers buying flights from Scottish airports...what a mess!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were due to fly to Lanzarote for 8 nights on Fri 13 Nov and return Sat 21 Nov, they cancelled the Fri flight, but said we could go on the Sat to Sat and they would change this flight free of charge, or we could get a full refund for both flights, we opted for the full refund as we had decided against travelling a while back. Cancelled the flights on Wednesday, the money was back in our accounts on the Friday, 2 days later, excellent service from Jet2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

We were due to fly to Lanzarote for 8 nights on Fri 13 Nov and return Sat 21 Nov, they cancelled the Fri flight, but said we could go on the Sat to Sat and they would change this flight free of charge, or we could get a full refund for both flights, we opted for the full refund as we had decided against travelling a while back. Cancelled the flights on Wednesday, the money was back in our accounts on the Friday, 2 days later, excellent service from Jet2.

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an email from Jet2 this morning saying that Summer 2022 holidays will be going on sale soon, just shows what state the travel industry is in when holidays are going on sale about 18 months early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Got an email from Jet2 this morning saying that Summer 2022 holidays will be going on sale soon, just shows what state the travel industry is in when holidays are going on sale about 18 months early.

 

Buy it, we all love a bargain, naw?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola

Abu Dhabi and Dubai off the naughty list for now. Iceland and Qatar joining them. 

 

Mainland Greece added to the non-exempt list. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns

Easyjet have cancelled a load of Edinburgh - Gatwick winter flights, including no Saturday flights. They tried shifting one of mine but not as convenient, so took the refund and booked a cheaper flight on BA to Heathrow, my preference anyway. Probably saved about £80 including transfers.

 

Expecting another flight to be shifted by them as they are no longer selling it, guessing I'll hear in the next few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

One of the first cruises to resume in the Caribbean has had to be cut short after at least 5 passengers fell ill with Covid, this is despite extensive and rigorous safety procedures being put in place. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/12/caribbean-cruise-ship-coronavirus-seadream

 

 

The wife and I were supposed to be going on a cruise over Xmas but managed to delay it for a year.

Even then I doubt we’ll go. Will lose a huge deposit but at the end of the day health comes first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The wife and I were supposed to be going on a cruise over Xmas but managed to delay it for a year.

Even then I doubt we’ll go. Will lose a huge deposit but at the end of the day health comes first.

Least you have a year for the situation to improve, hopefully it will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Least you have a year for the situation to improve, hopefully it will.

Exactly.

There was no way we were going next month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The wife and I were supposed to be going on a cruise over Xmas but managed to delay it for a year.

Even then I doubt we’ll go. Will lose a huge deposit but at the end of the day health comes first.

 

CNN were saying that this was something of a test cruise with bloggers, travel writers, journalists etc who were mainly onboard, and despite strict protocols in place Covid still managed to get onboard, hopefully they'll discover how and take steps to prevent Covid being able to use that route again.

 

You've got ages yet before you need to make any decsions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure Jet2 have just cancelled every single flight/holiday for next year. At least from Edinburgh. Maybe doing a complete review of their timetable. 

 

Edit: some flights still showing available but certain destinations appear to have been scrapped under the pretence of 'the latest government travel advice'.

Edited by Sooperstar
Link to post
Share on other sites
Nucky Thompson
53 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Pretty sure Jet2 have just cancelled every single flight/holiday for next year. At least from Edinburgh. Maybe doing a complete review of their timetable. 

 

Edit: some flights still showing available but certain destinations appear to have been scrapped under the pretence of 'the latest government travel advice'.

I just paid the balance of my Jet2 holiday to Lanzarote yesterday.

I fly from Edinburgh on 4th February.

I've not heard anything from them

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I just paid the balance of my Jet2 holiday to Lanzarote yesterday.

I fly from Edinburgh on 4th February.

I've not heard anything from them

Lanzarote seems to still be available. I was due to fly to Naples in July. All Naples flights off, but they still have other Italian destinations available. 'Latest Government travel guidelines' indeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Lanzarote seems to still be available. I was due to fly to Naples in July. All Naples flights off, but they still have other Italian destinations available. 'Latest Government travel guidelines' indeed.

 

Probably just scrapping the un-profitable flights.

They used to fly to Budapest from Edinburgh but that got scrapped a couple of years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I just paid the balance of my Jet2 holiday to Lanzarote yesterday.

I fly from Edinburgh on 4th February.

I've not heard anything from them

I was meant to be flying to Lanzarote from Edinburgh on the 28 Dec but Jet 2 have now cancelled them due to 'operational issues'. It seems they have cancelled all flights there now until the middle of January according to their website. Still some flights from Glasgow though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
FinnBarr Saunders
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Pretty sure Jet2 have just cancelled every single flight/holiday for next year. At least from Edinburgh. Maybe doing a complete review of their timetable. 

 

Edit: some flights still showing available but certain destinations appear to have been scrapped under the pretence of 'the latest government travel advice'.

 

Jet2 are still showing holidays from Edinburgh to Turkey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2020 at 11:54, CostaJambo said:

Still waiting for mine, flights were July/Aug. Branson pleading poverty from his private Caribbean island.

Still waiting, poor Richard Branson must be having a really hard time.

 

Never ever ever getting another penny out of me until his flights are cheaper than everyone else's at some later point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

Still waiting, poor Richard Branson must be having a really hard time.

 

Never ever ever getting another penny out of me until his flights are cheaper than everyone else's at some later point.

A scumbag. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...