Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )

Section Q

Shanks said no

TUI just cancelled my end of September holiday to Sri Lanka

thats me lost 4 holidays now 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• OBE

• graygo

• Samuel Camazzola

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Faro, Portugal was the airport.

Meaning Jet2 are not going to Portugal this month then, the rest will surely have to follow.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Meaning Jet2 are not going to Portugal this month then, the rest will surely have to follow.

No air bridge there yet. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

No air bridge there yet. 

Nor for the next 3 weeks either it would seem.

Салатные палочки

What's this "air bridge" chat?  I thought an air bridge was the thing you walked through to get to your plane. 

Anyway, I heard that Jet2 have cancelled all flights to Reus until the end of the year.  

Samuel Camazzola
9 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

What's this "air bridge" chat?  I thought an air bridge was the thing you walked through to get to your plane. 

Anyway, I heard that Jet2 have cancelled all flights to Reus until the end of the year.  

Air Bridge is the term that was going to be used but this has now been replaced with a 'traffic light' system. Countries are now ranked as green, amber and red. 

The air bridge process was basically an agreement between countries where you could fly to somewhere like Spain and back without the requirement to quarantine at either end. There would be loopholes that could be exploited but they've now opted for the other process. 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Jet 2 have just cancelled my flights for end of month. Means I get a full refund if nothing else.

Interestingly email says they will automatically refund my credit card within 28 days.

Best airline for refunds so far😩

Best for refunds was never a key factor before Carona. Are they still £600 a pop for Tenerife flights in April 21?

Edited by OBE

52 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Life's a bitch.

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, OBE said:

Life's a bitch.

I know many people have far worse things to worry about that losing a few holidays, I should know having attended a Covid funeral yesterday. 

however I have worked non stop since this started and am utterly exhausted, looking forward to some time away was what was keeping me going. 

So where can I safely book for the end of September?

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I know many people have far worse things to worry about that losing a few holidays, I should know having attended a Covid funeral yesterday. 

however I have worked non stop since this started and am utterly exhausted, looking forward to some time away was what was keeping me going. 

So where can I safely book for the end of September?

Covid funeral, Heart attack funeral, Cancer funeral, all sad affairs, do they need labelling?

I've never stopped either, kinda glad, kept me semi-sane. Holidays exhaust me, fortunately work affords me ample recouperation time for the next blow out. You've got it the wrong way round. If you're the boss, have a word with yourself, delegate the ♠️ work. As we're currently witnessing...life is too short...sorry for your loss.

Edited by OBE

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, OBE said:

Covid funeral, Heart attack funeral, Cancer funeral, all sad affairs, do they need labelling?

I've never stopped either, kinda glad, kept me semi-sane. Holidays exhaust me, fortunately work affords me ample recouperation time for the next blow out. You've got it the wrong way round. If you're the boss, heve a word with yourself, delegate the ♠️ work. As we're currently witnessing...life is too short...sorry for your loss.

I assume that you work in counselling? 😎

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume that you work in counselling? 😎

Nah, I'm just half pissed, you got something concerning you liksey?...:biggrin2:

Thanks for fixing my visible sub status...:thumbs_up:

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

On 04/07/2020 at 21:24, CavySlaveJambo said:

It does. I’ve been seeing the fence going up on All Ears and DFBGuide. 
I’ve provisionally rebooked for 2021, include my park reservations.  Probably end up in a different resort though if I do go. 

Just looking at the waiting times for all the rides on the first day of opening. Magic kingdom looks fairly busy, lots of 30 minute waits. Animal kingdom looks dead, 10 mins for flight of passage, etc. 

CavySlaveJambo
42 minutes ago, westbow said:

Just looking at the waiting times for all the rides on the first day of opening. Magic kingdom looks fairly busy, lots of 30 minute waits. Animal kingdom looks dead, 10 mins for flight of passage, etc. 

The 30 minute waits are the usual suspects for the 60 min plus wait rides. (Peter pan, mine train, mountains). 

I have seen Flight of Passage down at a 5 minute wait. I’d be going round and round at that. But The Safari was also at 5 mins.  

CavySlaveJambo
4 hours ago, westbow said:

Have you heard what the longest queue of the day is? It is not a ride. It is a virtual queue for....

Spoiler

The Splash Mountain Shop. 

13 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Have you heard what the longest queue of the day is? It is not a ride. It is a virtual queue for....

Reveal hidden contents

The Splash Mountain Shop. 

Aye saw that. 😂 Reckon Disney won’t do much more of that merch. Been going to Magic Kingdom 20 years but never been on that ride. It always seemed shut in January when I used to go.  I did feel like I missed out but don’t like coasters much anyway.

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, westbow said:

Aye saw that. 😂 Reckon Disney won’t do much more of that merch. Been going to Magic Kingdom 20 years but never been on that ride. It always seemed shut in January when I used to go.  I did feel like I missed out but don’t like coasters much anyway.

It was shut every January for refurb as it is a water ride.  It’s the log flume. Probably only this much is demand because they will be retheming the ride. But probably on a list of jobs that can wait and will be done eventually. 

On 04/07/2020 at 14:14, weehammy said:

Ryanair not giving up. Despite having informed them three times that I don’t want a voucher and wish to have a cash refund, they have emailed me again telling me that I have a voucher.

(Small print reveals that cash refunds are still being processed for those who want them.)

Jet2 refund was received before the date of the cancelled flights.

I had the same experience with Ryanair. I gave up emailing them and went to the bank and done the chargeback route. A couple of online forms and a 3 week wait and I had the money back in my account. No challenge from Ryanair but a word of warning - I am no longer able to book with Ryanair, appears I have been blacklisted. I can still fly with them though as they took a booking from my wife no problem.

Jet2 I have to say, were pretty good . Cancellation and full and immediate refund of £2600 2 weeks before our departure date.

Edited by JimmyCant

Jambo-Jimbo

Not seen it mentioned, but Jet2 have postponed ALL of their flights to Spain from Scotland, until the 25 July.

This is in response to the 14 day quarantine that the Scottish Government has for anybody coming in from Spain.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53353853

Also Tui have cancelled their entire summer holiday flights out of Aberdeen, they hope to resume again in October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-53382023

CavySlaveJambo
On 12/07/2020 at 11:16, westbow said:

Have you seen the comments on the likes of DFB that people feel safer with Mr M Mouse, than at Walmart/Public etc... wow. 

Anyway the Mayor of Orange County  will close the parks down again if necessary. 

Anyone knocked back voucher for accommodation then went down insurance route and got a result?

Flights cancelled by carrier.   

Jambo-Jimbo

Reading that bars in Majorca are being shut down to stop the spread of covid, seems a lot of people are ignoring social distancing rules, getting drunk and just making arses of themselves, and it's going to spoil it for everybody.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/majorca-coronavirus-bars-clubs-tourists-order-to-close-a4499516.html

Shanks said no

TUI gave me my refund vouchers (Plus 10%) within a couple of days of cancellation.

Decided to just use to pay for a Greek holiday next summer. Very easy to use.

Easyjet vouchers weren’t as easy to reclaim as you have to call them. 2+ hrs later I had flights booked for 10 weeks time. Crete here I come, I couldn’t lose a 5th holiday booked, could I ? 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Looks like my Ryanair flights Early next month are on so a £700 fee for me to change them. 🙄

Bummer. 

48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Bummer. 

Yep, although in the grand scheme of things plenty people lost more to Covid than a few hundred quid. Assume they won’t cancel at this late stage and the fact online checkin is open suggests I’m out of luck. Only glimmer of hope is Nicola keeps the air bridge closed for Spain and will be able to claim on our insurance. 

Think Ryanair really need to have a look at themselves regarding fees over this though. 

Jambo-Jimbo

KLM Update:

As you may remember my laddie was getting married and was going to South Africa on honeymoon in October, but the wedding has been postponed and he was trying to find a way he could get his money back for the flights to Cape Town with KLM.

He happened to check his flight plan the other day and discovered the following messages, he hasn't had any communication from KLM, no emails or texts to inform him of the changes to his flight.  Anyway it seems the flight they were originally booked on has been cancelled but KLM call it 'disrupted', yeh disrupted by 24 hours because there isn't a flight from Schiphol to Cape Town on the Friday now, there is on the Saturday and that's what KLM have rebooked or are trying to rebook them on, there is a flight from Schiphol to Jo'burg on the Friday but none to Cape Town now.

Surely KLM will have to offer him his money back as it's they who have changed the flights from the Friday to the Saturday a full 24 hours later than planned, the return journey is as it was, only the outbound flight is affected. 

He hasn't clicked on anything and is in the process of contacting KLM to try and find out what his options are.

It certainly looks to me that the original flight has been cancelled and re-scheduled for 24 hours later, despite KLM saying it's been 'disrupted'.

Thoughts Kickback?

image.thumb.jpeg.fd881342af939489b4c17d3d8d8fec1d.jpeg

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

KLM Update:

As you may remember my laddie was getting married and was going to South Africa on honeymoon in October, but the wedding has been postponed and he was trying to find a way he could get his money back for the flights to Cape Town with KLM.

He happened to check his flight plan the other day and discovered the following messages, he hasn't had any communication from KLM, no emails or texts to inform him of the changes to his flight.  Anyway it seems the flight they were originally booked on has been cancelled but KLM call it 'disrupted', yeh disrupted by 24 hours because there isn't a flight from Schiphol to Cape Town on the Friday now, there is on the Saturday and that's what KLM have rebooked or are trying to rebook them on, there is a flight from Schiphol to Jo'burg on the Friday but none to Cape Town now.

Surely KLM will have to offer him his money back as it's they who have changed the flights from the Friday to the Saturday a full 24 hours later than planned, the return journey is as it was, only the outbound flight is affected. 

He hasn't clicked on anything and is in the process of contacting KLM to try and find out what his options are.

It certainly looks to me that the original flight has been cancelled and re-scheduled for 24 hours later, despite KLM saying it's been 'disrupted'.

Thoughts Kickback?

All depends on the T&C but he certainly has a stronger argument now. Good luck. 

On 14/07/2020 at 17:03, CavySlaveJambo said:

Have you seen the comments on the likes of DFB that people feel safer with Mr M Mouse, than at Walmart/Public etc... wow. 

Anyway the Mayor of Orange County  will close the parks down again if necessary. 

I saw Disney Studios looking a bit busy. People kicking off cos they didn’t get on one of the Star Wars rides. Also all the restaurants were booked up. Watched Dev on YouTube and he went back to his hotel room rather than stay.

CavySlaveJambo
5 hours ago, westbow said:

I saw Disney Studios looking a bit busy. People kicking off cos they didn’t get on one of the Star Wars rides. Also all the restaurants were booked up. Watched Dev on YouTube and he went back to his hotel room rather than stay.

There is nothing new with Rise of the Resistance was always going to have some sort of virtual queue.  But most attractions at Studios are shows so they are going to have Crazy Lines for the rides as the shows are all closed. 
There have been Some crazy wait times at Epcot too. 

I saw Soarin at a 75 minute wait.  But that was with both Test Track and Frozen Ever After down at the same time. 

1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

There is nothing new with Rise of the Resistance was always going to have some sort of virtual queue.  But most attractions at Studios are shows so they are going to have Crazy Lines for the rides as the shows are all closed. 
There have been Some crazy wait times at Epcot too. 

I saw Soarin at a 75 minute wait.  But that was with both Test Track and Frozen Ever After down at the same time. 

Down to 15 mins later.

Shanks said no

Article 11 Schedules

11.1 The flights and flight Schedules listed in the Schedule Indicators are not binding in any way and thus have no contractual value. These are solely intended to inform Passengers of the flights offered by the Carrier. Said Schedule Indicators are not definitive and are liable to be changed after their publication date.

11.2 On the other hand, the flight Schedules printed on the Ticket are deemed, subject to changes for reasons beyond the control of the Carrier, to form an integral part of the Contract of Carriage.

11.3 In the event of a change in the Schedule Indicators, the Passenger will be informed using the contact details provided when the booking was made. It the Passenger’s responsibility to provide the Carrier with their contact details so that they can be contacted in the event of a change in the planned flights as they appear on the Ticket. In the event of a change of the Schedule Indicators and the Passenger decides against Transportation, the Passenger can apply for a refund as stated in Article 14.

@Jambo-Jimbo I don't know if this helps, found it in KLM t&c's

https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/customer_support/booking_conditions_carriage/index.htm

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Article 11 Schedules

11.1 The flights and flight Schedules listed in the Schedule Indicators are not binding in any way and thus have no contractual value. These are solely intended to inform Passengers of the flights offered by the Carrier. Said Schedule Indicators are not definitive and are liable to be changed after their publication date.

11.2 On the other hand, the flight Schedules printed on the Ticket are deemed, subject to changes for reasons beyond the control of the Carrier, to form an integral part of the Contract of Carriage.

11.3 In the event of a change in the Schedule Indicators, the Passenger will be informed using the contact details provided when the booking was made. It the Passenger’s responsibility to provide the Carrier with their contact details so that they can be contacted in the event of a change in the planned flights as they appear on the Ticket. In the event of a change of the Schedule Indicators and the Passenger decides against Transportation, the Passenger can apply for a refund as stated in Article 14.

@Jambo-Jimbo I don't know if this helps, found it in KLM t&c's

https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/customer_support/booking_conditions_carriage/index.htm

Yeh, I found that as well and I think that's his best route at the moment.

I doubt even the re-scheduled flight will be on, as I found something on the American Embassy website in Pretoria, seems they are still operating repatriation flights out of South Africa, KLM have a final flight on the 25th of this month, Lufthansa have two flights next month the last being on the 14th August.

So if they are still getting folks out of South Africa then I can't see them flying folks back out a matter of 6 -8 weeks later, besides the SA government say they want no international flights until 2021, however that might change as SA relies heavily on tourism and might have to open up sooner than is wise to do so.

Thank you for looking 👍

davemclaren

Result against Ryanair with my credit card claim. 

Transaction Details: RYANAIR

Transaction Amounts: £ 259.68  

Thank you for submitting your claim through our online form.

After reviewing your information, I'm pleased to tell you that I've applied a temporary credit to your account. This credit will show on your account whilst the merchant’s bank reviews the information.

Should the merchant's bank disagree with our actions, they'll provide us with more information, which we'll forward to you for review.

If they don't contact us, the credit will remain permanently on your account after 45 days.

Please be aware the minimum payment advised on your statement is still required.

On 18/07/2020 at 10:53, Jambo-Jimbo said:

KLM Update:

Thoughts Kickback?

Should be eligible for a full refund under the normal EU compensation rules. Unless the airline can claim that the delay is not their fault. I can't see how they could though, given it is they who have moved the flight months in advance.

Dagger Is Back

Virgin Atlantic taking 120 days to process refunds. Not a huge deal to be honest but I could see why some folks would be mightily hacked off

Jambo-Jimbo

KLM Update.

KLM contacted my laddie this evening and confirmed that they had cancelled his original flight to South Africa and if he wanted to re-book onto another flight all he had to do was to contact them to re-book.  Of course he isn't going to re-book and is now in the process of asking for a full refund, which shouldn't be an issue as he now has it in black & white that KLM cancelled his flight.  Refunds can take up to 90 days seemingly, but that's not a problem as they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  It's not just 2 or 3 pounds he's due back, £2300 is what he's due back, which is not an insignificant amount of money.

So here's hoping that they don't have anymore problems. 

Thank you to all the posters who posted advice, cheers.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

KLM Update.

KLM contacted my laddie this evening and confirmed that they had cancelled his original flight to South Africa and if he wanted to re-book onto another flight all he had to do was to contact them to re-book.  Of course he isn't going to re-book and is now in the process of asking for a full refund, which shouldn't be an issue as he now has it in black & white that KLM cancelled his flight.  Refunds can take up to 90 days seemingly, but that's not a problem as they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  It's not just 2 or 3 pounds he's due back, £2300 is what he's due back, which is not an insignificant amount of money.

Brilliant news

davemclaren
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

KLM Update.

Well done. Must be a huge relief for him. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

KLM Update.

👍

Jambo-Jimbo
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Well done. Must be a huge relief for him. 

It is.

And other good news we got last night, was that Miss JJ has got 2 stand-by and 5 flights for the first 2 weeks in August.

Although Easyjet's main base is at Gatwick, there are still some redundancies planned for there, so she's hopeful that because she has been giving a flight roster, that her job might be ok, just have to wait and see what transpires in the coming weeks/months.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It is.

And other good news we got last night, was that Miss JJ has got 2 stand-by and 5 flights for the first 2 weeks in August.

Although Easyjet's main base is at Gatwick, there are still some redundancies planned for there, so she's hopeful that because she has been giving a flight roster, that her job might be ok, just have to wait and see what transpires in the coming weeks/months.

Some good news all round then. 

Mad Dog Logan

ITV news reckon the UK government are going to reinstate 2 weeks quarantine for people returning from Spain as of tomorrow. 

Mad Dog Logan
24 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

ITV news reckon the UK government are going to reinstate 2 weeks quarantine for people returning from Spain as of tomorrow. 

Appears to be just England at the moment.

Scotland as well now.

Edited by Mad Dog Logan
News update

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

This will destroy the Spanish tourist industry, no Brits are going to be going now, not this season, not now.

Folk that have booked in the last week or two for a Quick flight will be a tad diasappointed.  It’s a salutary lesson but not sure how strictly it’s policed. 

59 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

Appears to be just England at the moment.

Scotland as well now.

Scotland have mucked up a bit here, numbers were no better earlier in week when she announced it lifting ovviously done so under pressure !!

Edited by steve123