Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )

Section Q

13 hours ago, graygo said:

Let us know how you get on, I've got flights with Ryanair booked in August as well, they said I could reschedule free of fees next April but when I tried I couldn't change the route and they only listed flights till march, possibly because next year's schedule isn't out yet.

Ryanair don't allow bookings more than 6 months out - my lad has the same problem with Ryanair.

He was supposed to go to Euros and want to rebook for roughly same time next year but Ryanair won't allow it and won't refund his money. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• OBE

• graygo

• Samuel Camazzola

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It'll calm down and return back to some sort of normallity by itself.

No matter what the restrictions are, they all mean less people and or extra costs for everyone, so it's in everyone's interest to try and get back to normal as quick as possible, in saying that, It'll be late in the season or even next year before that happens.

Holiday's in the UK will be rammed for the remainder of this season, I think.

Less people probably, extra costs? Potential customers will need to be enticed, extra costs will deter punters from travelling, i.e. J2, £1150 flight only X2 Tenerife April 21. Had a look at that flight, 11 have paid that price...either too much money or beyond help...:conf11:

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ryanair don't allow bookings more than 6 months out - my lad has the same problem with Ryanair.

He was supposed to go to Euros and want to rebook for roughly same time next year but Ryanair won't allow it and won't refund his money. 

I've managed to book flights for Tenerife next April...9 months out. This was cancelled flights in April 2020 and the use of their voucher. This information may be useful.

1 hour ago, OBE said:

I've managed to book flights for Tenerife next April...9 months out. This was cancelled flights in April 2020 and the use of their voucher. This information may be useful.

ok. cheers.

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, OBE said:

Less people probably, extra costs? Potential customers will need to be enticed, extra costs will deter punters from travelling, i.e. J2, £1150 flight only X2 Tenerife April 21. Had a look at that flight, 11 have paid that price...either too much money or beyond help...:conf11:

Maybe employees who got it free/on the cheap? 

Got an email from easyJet on Monday to say our refund for our flights 16-23 May to Malaga has been processed, happy with that, should be in our account in a few days.

Got another email from Jet2 today to say our flights to Alicante 5-19 August have been cancelled and our money will automatically be refunded to our account within 28 days, there are other flights with jet2 available either side of our dates to Alicante  but we are delighted with our refund  as we had already decided we weren’t going.

We also have flights booked to Lanzarote in November, hopefully it all settles down by then and we feel safer to travel.

30 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Maybe employees who got it free/on the cheap? 

Good call...👍

24 minutes ago, shlabalaba said:

I was looking to book spain for October , do you think the 2 week isolation will be lifted by then ?

OK in Spain, still humming and hawing here...

3 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

Got an email from easyJet on Monday to say our refund for our flights 16-23 May to Malaga has been processed, happy with that, should be in our account in a few days.

Got another email from Jet2 today to say our flights to Alicante 5-19 August have been cancelled and our money will automatically be refunded to our account within 28 days, there are other flights with jet2 available either side of our dates to Alicante  but we are delighted with our refund  as we had already decided we weren’t going.

We also have flights booked to Lanzarote in November, hopefully it all settles down by then and we feel safer to travel.

Result!

I've got flights booked with Ryanair to Gdansk 4th August and I'd love them to cancel but I doubt it. ☹️

1 hour ago, shlabalaba said:

I was looking to book spain for October , do you think the 2 week isolation will be lifted by then ?

I think it will but that's just my opinion. In fact I think Spain will be part of our "air bridge agreements" and will be lifted in the next week or 2.

32 minutes ago, graygo said:

Result!

I've got flights booked with Ryanair to Gdansk 4th August and I'd love them to cancel but I doubt it. ☹️

It certainly was a result as we had already decided a while back we weren’t going, we had written off the £450 flight money as we thought that flight would still be going. Jet2 didn’t even ask if we wanted a voucher for future use, or to book other flights, so I think  both Jet2 and EasyJet have handled our situation pretty well.

Fingers crossed for you’re Ryanair flight.

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, shlabalaba said:

As per Simon Calder (Travel Editor for the Independent) he expects it to be done with in the coming weeks. 

davemclaren

With the air corridors likely being announced it’s good news for those still wanting to go away on their booked trips and bad news for those hoping they would be cancelled. 

Jambo-Jimbo
51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

With the air corridors likely being announced it’s good news for those still wanting to go away on their booked trips and bad news for those hoping they would be cancelled. 

We were due to fly to Lanzarote for two weeks next Sunday, a week from today, it did get cancelled by Jet2 at the start of this month, however we'd already cancelled it back at the end of April, multiple reasons, but one of them was that back in March the NHS postponed all annual leave.

Mrs. JJ got told on Friday there, that she could have 1 week of her annual leave instead of the 2 weeks she was due to get.

Now the point here is that, if it hadn't have been cancelled or if it was in the middle of July, there is the very real chance that I'd have had to phone Jet2 the week before we travelled to inform them, you know that two week holiday we have next week...........well............err..........um.......we've got a wee problem.

Thank feck we bit the bullet and cancelled.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Any trailblazers in July?...😷  ✈️ 🥂 🏖️

September and Oct for me. My hotel in Tenerife isn't opening until September. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

September and Oct for me. My hotel in Tenerife isn't opening until September. 

Hoping, HOPING that we can sneak in 10 days in Torremolinos at the end of September.

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Hoping, HOPING that we can sneak in 10 days in Torremolinos at the end of September.

Things are moving in right direction. Just hope nothing in Spain or here sets it back. 

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Things are moving in right direction. Just hope nothing in Spain or here sets it back. 

Bloody hope so, fancied Tenerife again but the wife refuses to go unless its for 14 nights or more with it being a longer flight time.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Bloody hope so, fancied Tenerife again but the wife refuses to go unless its for 14 nights or more with it being a longer flight time.

I like her thinking. An extra hour in the air = a few extra days' holiday. ☀ 😄

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I like her thinking. An extra hour in the air = a few extra days' holiday. ☀ 😄

She can be a proper arsehole mate ( I'll not be showing her this ). I don't mind Torremolinos but under normal circumstances we would be in Tenerife and going to watch Suso.

Shanks said no

What a surprise my next holiday destination, Sri Lanka, isn't on the good guy list!

Also curious about changing flights in U.A.E., as its not on the list either. Think that's ok as you are not actually entering the country but would welcome anyone who actually knows the rules?

The list will probably change before I go but this one might be more difficult to get my money back from.

Goa, cancelled, Malta, cancelled, Greece, cancelled, Sri Lanka, ?

18 hours ago, OBE said:

Any trailblazers in July?...😷  ✈️ 🥂 🏖️

My cousin and his bursd went to Tenerife on Thursday. 

He's a dick though.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

My cousin and his bursd went to Tenerife on Thursday. 

He's a dick though.

I've still got a bit cash tied up in a couple of apartments in Los Cristianos July/Aug. Asked for refund but no answer, apart from automatic response email stating short staffed, short hours. They're system still could manage an advanced booking in the future though, same old shit!

I might have to go down the insurance route, rolling annual policy with BoS or maybe try chargeback. My flights were cancelled.

Which part of the Island is Dick away to?

4 hours ago, OBE said:

I've still got a bit cash tied up in a couple of apartments in Los Cristianos July/Aug. Asked for refund but no answer, apart from automatic response email stating short staffed, short hours. They're system still could manage an advanced booking in the future though, same old shit!

I might have to go down the insurance route, rolling annual policy with BoS or maybe try chargeback. My flights were cancelled.

Which part of the Island is Dick away to?

Just checked, they're in Puerto de la Cruz.

On 09/05/2020 at 00:08, CavySlaveJambo said:

Did you book through the Disney US site then? i am curious at to which hotel as well. 
But this may interest you given your first check in date. (And given Disney Springs not reopening for another couple of weeks) https://allears.net/2020/05/08/news-disney-world-now-only-accepting-reservations-for-july-1st-and-later/

On 07/05/2020 at 15:22, CavySlaveJambo said:

I have seen this problem with other people renting timeshare points on Disney holidaymaker forums I am on. 

Disneyland (the other one in the US), has postponed any bookings until the end of July. And Disney are cancelling reservations week by week. They currently have cancelled arrivals up to 31st May. 

one thing to do is look at your travel insurance, and see if they will pay out if you are unable to travel when you have booked.   

If you'd have booked direct through Disney then they have a really good cancellation policy (£50pp), so if your other resort stay at Disney, is booked with them, you may be worth speaking to them about that part.  I am holding on to the last possible moment before payment to rebook mine in the hope Disney extends the cancellation/change date to September. But I know if travel restrictions are not going to be lifted, I can cancel with Disney 9 days before I am due to travel and only lose the £50pp. 

Just a wee heads up on the renting points with DVC Store. Even though the DVC properties were back open, the company gave us $ for $ credit to be spent over the next two years. They said it was due to the US travel ban from the UK. Presumably it was claimed from their own insurance. I did notice the hotel I was staying at (Grand Floridian) has an NBA bubble so we couldn’t have used the amenities there, but would have to have used the nearest hotels. Sounds mince.

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, westbow said:

Just a wee heads up on the renting points with DVC Store. Even though the DVC properties were back open, the company gave us $ for $ credit to be spent over the next two years. They said it was due to the US travel ban from the UK. Presumably it was claimed from their own insurance. I did notice the hotel I was staying at (Grand Floridian) has an NBA bubble so we couldn’t have used the amenities there, but would have to have used the nearest hotels. Sounds mince.

It does. I’ve been seeing the fence going up on All Ears and DFBGuide. 
I’ve provisionally rebooked for 2021, include my park reservations.  Probably end up in a different resort though if I do go. 

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

Cash for flights to Seville in June credited to Credit card by Easyjet. Just waiting for the hotel to do likewise. Does anyone have any idea how to get that money transferred to a bank account?

Neil Dongcaster
8 minutes ago, inspector said:

Cash for flights to Seville in June credited to Credit card by Easyjet. Just waiting for the hotel to do likewise. Does anyone have any idea how to get that money transferred to a bank account?

Online / mobile / phone the bank?

Samuel Camazzola
39 minutes ago, inspector said:

My card provider has a secure messaging facility. I simply sent them an instruction via that. They even gave me a courtesy call and confirmation letter to acknowledge it had been carried out. 

If you don't have this option and can get through via the phone channel, they'll be able to do it that way. 

43 minutes ago, inspector said:

I used a revolut card, my credit card see it as a payment rather than cash and then can transfer from revolut to my actual bank account

On 04/07/2020 at 14:14, weehammy said:

Ryanair not giving up. Despite having informed them three times that I don’t want a voucher and wish to have a cash refund, they have emailed me again telling me that I have a voucher.

(Small print reveals that cash refunds are still being processed for those who want them.)

Jet2 refund was received before the date of the cancelled flights.

Also still waiting on Ryanair although they just keep telling me the refund is being processed and have given up trying to give me vouchers

Shanks said no

From FCO website 

Transit stops

A transit stop is a stop where passengers can get on or off. It can apply to coaches, ferries, trains or flights. Your ticket should show if a stop is a transit stop.

If your journey involves a transit stop in a country not on the list, you will need to self-isolate on your return to England if:

• new passengers get on
  • you or other passengers get off the transport you are on and mix with other people, then get on again

You don’t need to self-isolate beyond normal timescales if, during your transit stop in a non-exempt country:

• no new passengers get on
  • no-one on-board gets off and mixes with people outside
  • passengers get off but do not get back on

so my reading of this is any journey, say to Australia, Japan or Vietnam (all on good list) that stops in U.A.E. (Naughty list) means you have to quarantine 

On 04/07/2020 at 14:14, weehammy said:

Ryanair not giving up. Despite having informed them three times that I don’t want a voucher and wish to have a cash refund, they have emailed me again telling me that I have a voucher.

(Small print reveals that cash refunds are still being processed for those who want them.)

Jet2 refund was received before the date of the cancelled flights.

Tell the arseholes you want interest on your cash the longer they keep a hold of it.

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Also still waiting on Ryanair although they just keep telling me the refund is being processed and have given up trying to give me vouchers

Scrap that, credit card chargeback has come through after more than 4 weeks, along with my jet2 chargeback that I was actually refunded about 3 weeks ago

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Nicola announced quarantine on return is not being lifted for Spain - I was due to fly with the family on 25 July. Where does that leave us in terms of refunds? I could quarantine on return as working from home anyway (but not very responsible to go to a country where the govt thinks the risk of infecting people is too high). Also, we were due to return on 8 August with schools going back on the 11th so they couldn't quarantine as they'd lose school time and I'd probably get fined!

I know it probably doesn’t help just now but I’m sure she said it would be reviewed on the 20th.

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Thanks. It doesn't help really as I have to decide whether to pay for the villa which is non-refundable! I'm not complaining really, this has been a terrible time for so many families and a holiday is not that high a priority - I'd just like to know one way or the other. 

Totally understand. 

You don't have much time on your side.

I'm like yourself there are so many families who have suffered. 

Good luck.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Thanks. It doesn't help really as I have to decide whether to pay for the villa which is non-refundable! I'm not complaining really, this has been a terrible time for so many families and a holiday is not that high a priority - I'd just like to know one way or the other. 

No easy answer. The chances are that, by the time you come back, it will be fine. However, wherever you go you run the risk of circumstances changing and quarantine bring required when you travel and/or when you return. 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I was due to go away at the end of month. Booked flights and accommodation separately. 

Anyway contact the villa company and explain the situation and wonder if could rebook or extent cancellation period till better idea what’s going on. They eventually comeback to me saying I can’t do neither, 

I therefore cancel within the period to prevent any further payments and in accordance to cancellation policy an refund. The company confirm my cancelation and will receive a refund. Today despite my cancelation they take an additional payment. So instead of being even I’m now in theory over 5k down, 

Had to contact credit card company to put into dispute. They were ****ing hopeless, thankfully have all paperwork to back home so will wait to be contacted by disputes team. 

Difficult times for booking travel and travelling. 

davemclaren
Just now, Lord BJ said:

Indeed, however, people acting in poor faith doesn’t help the situation, 

Though on bright side got my refunds from easyJet and Ryanair from my Easter break in the last two days 

I’m already 3 holidays down this year. Hoping my October one happens. As a family we have discussed the issue about whether we go. We have decided if flights on etc we’re going irrespective of quarantine etc. 

In a few months time I might start looking to take advantage of the arse falling out the housing market abroad and buy a holiday home. Out of chaos comes opportunity I guess. 

Travel has been one of my major misses through this COVID crisis. 

We’ve lost out on 4 trips since lockdown but got refunds from BA, Easyjet and Jet2 with only Ryanair to cough up. 

davemclaren
14 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

3/4 holidays down in 4 months?? 

You guys go away on holiday every month? Some life! 

Retired and spending our money before we’re gone and the kids get a chance to waste it. Cheap year so far though. 🧐

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Retired and spending our money before we’re gone and the kids get a chance to waste it. Cheap year so far though. 🧐

I know the feeling.

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

why do i have this image of you sending your kids a video of you lying on a beach somewhere lighting cigars with £20 notes

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

why do i have this image of you sending your kids a video of you lying on a beach somewhere lighting cigars with £20 notes

🤣🤣

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Jet 2 have just cancelled my flights for end of month. Means I get a full refund if nothing else.

Interestingly email says they will automatically refund my credit card within 28 days.

Best airline for refunds so far😩

Absolutely. My refund arrived within two weeks. 

Jambo-Jimbo
39 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Jet 2 have just cancelled my flights for end of month. Means I get a full refund if nothing else.

Interestingly email says they will automatically refund my credit card within 28 days.

Best airline for refunds so far😩

Where was this too?