***Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian official matchday thread***

Finlay James

I will wash my hands off them if they can't up their league game tonight and win.  Sick to the back teeth of these losers under performing in the league.  We are going down otherwise.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Suso Santana

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

Think we’ll go back to concentrating on playing through the midfield and into strikers feet.  

I think a combination of the quality Washington, Boyce and Naismith bring will be essential tonight. All pretty strong in possession with Washington in particular good at holding the ball up and popping it off, as he showed v Rangers. 

Think he may push Washington wider and Boyce through the middle.

10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Think we’ll go back to concentrating on playing through the midfield and into strikers feet.  

I think a combination of the quality Washington, Boyce and Naismith bring will be essential tonight. All pretty strong in possession with Washington in particular good at holding the ball up and popping it off, as he showed v Rangers. 

Think he may push Washington wider and Boyce through the middle.

That’s what I think Boyce must play 

3 behind Boyce

Washington Naismith Clare 

julienbrellier

here´s the team I would play, harsh on Jambo Soldier but I would prefer Smith in there with Clare moving back to RB.

Bobby

Clare                                    Halkett                Smith                        Hickey

Bozanic             Sibbick/Irving

Washington                                Naismith                         Walker

Boycie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yasssssssss its derby day peoples 😍👌🏻

:fth:

gashauskis9
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I will wash my hands off them if they can't up their league game tonight and win.  Sick to the back teeth of these losers under performing in the league.  We are going down otherwise.

You washed your hands of them a long time ago chief.  Even if we win tonight, you’ll still find a reason to take a shot.

3 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

here´s the team I would play, harsh on Jambo Soldier but I would prefer Smith in there with Clare moving back to RB.

Bobby

Clare                                    Halkett                Smith                        Hickey

Washington                                Naismith                         Walker

Boycie

Tend to agree with you re: Smith and Clare.

Think Damour will have done enough in the eyes of the manager to keep his place but otherwise you’re spot on I reckon.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Does that mean you won't be posting any longer?

Every cloud etc etc  :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fresh legs,  maybe not tonight but Saturday. 

Another brutal run of games in rapid succession 

10 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Bobby

Boycie

Dikamona had a tremendous game in the holding role at ER a few games ago so I wouldnt be averse to playing him there alongside Bozanic. Irving is a bit too cultured and nice for this game and Sibbick isnt match fit so he's surely not an option.

Move Smith to centre half and youve left yourself exposed at right back as Clare isnt great defensively.

I'd be tempted to play the same team that started against Rangers, swapping Dikamona for Souttar only, keeping Smith at RB and Clare further forward.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of Damour when it gets tough and we need to bully that midfield so he might put a bit more muscle in there. Its actually not an easy team selection tonight.

Edited by JimmyCant

4 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Tend to agree with you re: Smith and Clare.

Think Damour will have done enough in the eyes of the manager to keep his place but otherwise you’re spot on I reckon.

Speaking of eyes , mine have just crossed trying to decipher that

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Langer in for Damour.

I'd be overjoyed in Sibbick's name appears out the blue.

Can you imagine Langer in a game like that? He'd be seeing red in no time! 

Both teams are scoring goals, both teams are shipping goals, this could be a no finger nail job this one! 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

No idea what to expect tonight. I was going to say we are hard team to predict, that not true, we’re generally poor/underperforming.

We desperately need points and soon. If we are going to get out of this mess we will need to start turning the corner. Saturdays victory should be a platform to build on. 

If we get a win tonight I will begin to think we might be turning the corner, can’t remember last time we got two results in a row. 

Looking forward to the game but no idea what will happen 🤷🏻‍♂️

I disagree. 

The results have been poor, no doubt but most games bar Glasgow and Killie away we've played well and 9/10 matched or been better than the other team. 

Ironically, I think our rc 0-0 was worse than some of our defeats 

In the first quarter, no creativity or goals was the issue, a lot of huffing and puffing but no end product. 

Since Stendel taken over, mistakes have been costly as well as our high line imo. 

Most games were 50/50 for the reasons above and others we've fallen on the wrong side of that too often. 

For example-

We've lost as many games as Killie but for some reason haven’t won nearly enough. 

Hibs have won 9 games this season, absolutely shite by normal standards as well., but they are miles ahead. 

Your last line I  agree and  sums us up. 

We're as Likley to beat Rangers and Hibs as we are Likley to get beat at home of a Hamilton or St Johnstone type side. 

Bizarre and frustrating. 

For example in the sc sf I'd rather have hibs or Aberdeen than say St Johnstone or a Ross county. 

Weird to think like that, and we need wins to sort us out in the league. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Really wish you would tbh. 

Not a peep after knocking out rangers then on here almost hoping ( it seems) to  have a mental breakdown if hibs beat us. 

The Treasurer
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a peep after knocking out rangers then on here almost hoping ( it seems) to  have a mental breakdown if hibs beat us. 

There's been a few posters notable by their absence since Saturday

OmiyaHearts
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well said. I appreciate some go mad on here after a defeat but at least most balance it out with some positivity after a win.

I guess some posters just use the forum as a platform to have a go at the club. Somehow, the poster you quoted is still classed by some as a sort of PHM, despite only going to maybe one game this season and constantly slagging the club, staff, players and anything else associated with Hearts.

edit: and then goes on to say they just want whats best for Hearts. Which it complete BS.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Franksluckypants

First time in a good while we had a defensive set up that looked (for the most part...) really solid. Clean sheets ain’t been easy to come by of late!

Would be leaving the Saturday finishing back 5 well alone for tonight’s selection! (He was as good as I’ve seen him but a wee reminder for Dikamona not to ball watch at set pieces).

Our attacking front 4/ 5 will be way too much for them to cope with and with a more solid base behind we are winning this by a couple. Mind you I ain’t greedy so any win will do thanks.

42 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

That’s what I think Boyce must play 

3 behind Boyce

Washington Naismith Clare 

I wouldn’t be against starting with the same team as Saturday but I think he will bring in Boyce. 

It’ll be tactics which largely change. It was well documented we deliberately played longer on Saturday but I think we’ll look to get the ball down tonight. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Franksluckypants said:

First time in a good while we had a defensive set up that looked (for the most part...) really solid. Clean sheets ain’t been easy to come by of late!

Would be leaving the Saturday finishing back 5 well alone for tonight’s selection! (He was as good as I’ve seen him but a wee reminder for Dikamona not to ball watch at set pieces).

Our attacking front 4/ 5 will be way too much for them to cope with and with a more solid base behind we are winning this by a couple. Mind you I ain’t greedy so any win will do thanks.

Our defensive set up was better, but rangers imo made it easy. 

No centre forward starting was bizarre. 

Hibs will be more mobile and physical up front and cause more problems than that rangers team. We played well, but rangers set up was nonsense. 

Even having one striker up front, pumping it up to him and playing for second balls would have been more effective and caused more trouble. 

Zlamal

Smith Halkett Dikamona Hickey

Irving Bozanic

Clare Naismith Washington

Boyce

3-0 to Hearts.

Looking forward to this. A few beers beforehand to get the singing voice in full flow. Let’s fight for everything down there. 

Boaby

Smith  Halkett  Dikamona  Hickey

Bozanic  Damour

Clare  Naismith  Washington

Boyce

Brick Tamland

Early red card for them. 
Washington off the mark, a Boyce header and a Naismith penalty. 
3-0 to us 

Jambo 4 Ever

It's one thing beating an off form Rangers team, but we need to keep the momentum up by winning tonight!

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Dikamona had a tremendous game in the holding role at ER a few games ago so I wouldnt be averse to playing him there alongside Bozanic. Irving is a bit too cultured and nice for this game and Sibbick isnt match fit so he's surely not an option.

Move Smith to centre half and youve left yourself exposed at right back as Clare isnt great defensively.

I'd be tempted to play the same team that started against Rangers, swapping Dikamona for Souttar only, keeping Smith at RB and Clare further forward.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of Damour when it gets tough and we need to bully that midfield so he might put a bit more muscle in there. Its actually not an easy team selection tonight.

When on earth did Dikamona play in the holding role at Easter Road? He has never played there full stop 

Franksluckypants
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Our defensive set up was better, but rangers imo made it easy. 

No centre forward starting was bizarre. 

Hibs will be more mobile and physical up front and cause more problems than that rangers team. We played well, but rangers set up was nonsense. 

Even having one striker up front, pumping it up to him and playing for second balls would have been more effective and caused more trouble. 

Agree, the rangers forward set up was a master stroke by SG. Very pleasing, but still thought we looked a much improved solid defensive unit. That Rangers team would also still be beating hibs I recon.

Anyway, I’m much more relaxed than I might have been otherwise. No goal fest at both ends tonight...just the away one!!!

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

It's one thing beating an off form Rangers team, but we need to keep the momentum up by winning tonight!

4 points out of 6 between tonight and Saturday for me. 

Hamilton to lose tonight and perhaps draw at best against Killie at home on Saturday, would put as a point ahead of them.

St Mirren are at home to the other Saints tomorrow, so that could go any way!  Then they're away to Celtic at the weekend.  We need to start catching that lot to avoid a play off place..

4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

When on earth did Dikamona play in the holding role at Easter Road? He has never played there full stop 

He came on as a sub last time and got called back as he was too keen to get on.

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Did you work that out yourself?

41 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Steady on old chap. I may be mistaken about the game but he has definitely played a game, or part of a game as defensive mid

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Come on ffs. This sevco team beating everything in front of them in europe. Still a good side and only a couple of days before knocking out a decent european team. We stopped them playing their game. Agree with you though regards tonight this could be a huge win.

Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Steady on old chap. I may be mistaken about the game but he has definitely played a game, or part of a game as defensive mid

Apologises if it came across aggressive! 
Personally can’t remember him playing that but fair enough 

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

No problem. Ive look at his profile and cant see the game I was thinking of. May be entirely made up

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Last season , Dikamona came back from injury and played an absolute blinder at Easter Road

Class of 75
4 hours ago, chefjambo said:

Aye mate 86-95 great times

Yep served with a few WO1 caterers and they all say it was at that time. 

Class of 75

Derby day can't wait. I have managed to down load the BT app so can watch in my cabin in a wet and windy Land's End. C'mon the Hearts!

4 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Yep served with a few WO1 caterers and they all say it was at that time. 

Soy you know mickey Ellison?

August Landmesser

I want Dikamona to score an absolute thunder******* of a header to win the game in front of the Hearts' end in the 93rd minute.

Or a routine 5-1 would also do.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Like Saturday, I think we will keep it tight and grow into the game. The goalfest wont materialize, both managers will be very wary of keeping it tight and not handing the initiative away. However we need the points more, fully expect us to open up as the game goes. Compared to our midfield they are reasonably strong, we are going to have to overcome that to win

Japan Jambo
18 hours ago, TheBigO said:

OK. Rest of my team

Ifmyauntyhud

Chocolatey

Doug

Sans Will

Marlene

Loving your work...🤣

7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Or a routine 5-1 would also do.

:yas:

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Can you imagine Langer in a game like that? He'd be seeing red in no time! 

Both teams are scoring goals, both teams are shipping goals, this could be a no finger nail job this one! 

Need to stop Docherty.

Fairly. 

My team for tonight would be 

Bobby

Smith

Halkett                                    Dikamona             

Clare                           Bozanic             Damour                        Hickey

Washington                                Naismith                

Boyce