***Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian official matchday thread***

Finlay James

Boyce and Sibbick returning would be massive for us going down there. Damour gives me the fear in a derby, high chance he’ll get red carded. We need something out this game, I’m more worried about this game than the semi final.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Suso Santana

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

Zlamal

Clare Halkett Dikamona Hickey

Smith  Bozanic 

Washington Naismith      Walker

Boyce 

Smith dropping back in when Clare pushes up

John Findlay

As fantastic as Saturday's win was and it was. 

It's back to the bread and butter tomorrow night. 

Three points a must. I dont care if we Score in the 95th minute with the ball going in off any Hearts player's arse for the winner. Let's just score one more goal than them 

COME ON THE HEARTS.

45 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Zlamal

Smith  Bozanic 

Boyce 

Clare can’t defend. That’s been proven, so be suicide to play that. 

45 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Zlamal

Smith  Bozanic 

Boyce 

Not a bad shout but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Sibbick could be a surprise, and if that’s the case then I’d probably drop Walker to the bench and start Washington on the left with Clare further up the park on the right. 

I'm hoping that Saturday was our new style of play where our defence doesn't give the opposition 2 goals of a start, if so we'll make a game of it and it could go either way. I'll stick my neck out and say 2-1 to us and the Hibs will be back in their box, which would be fantastic as the Hibs fans think that they will destroy us. 

10 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Even in the 2-0 defeat we seemed to dominate.  Did the same at Easter Road but won. 

Still waiting on us putting two good performances and victories together though.  (It’s been a long time)

Good time to start. Don’t change our ways. Keep Washington hounding them at the back.

They’ve got a couple of flappers in there if kept under pressure. 

Absolutely, we switched off twice and gifted them 2 goals.  They never looked like the better team, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

As long as we keep the pressure up, they will crumble.

Especially so given we're bottom of the league.  The home support (lol) will very quickly turn on the team if we're playing well.

Edited by tian447

Zlamal

Smith.    Dikamona     Halkett     White 

Damour.   Bozanic

Clare.               Naismith.                  Washington

Boyce 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

If we keep Allan and Boyle quiet, and defend like we did on Saturday, then we will win. 

A hard fought narrow win for the Hearts.

1-0  or 2-1.

Contain these two and we're cooking with gas. 

We need to overload the midfield and be highly aggressive. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
3 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Not a bad shout but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Sibbick could be a surprise, and if that’s the case then I’d probably drop Walker to the bench and start Washington on the left with Clare further up the park on the right. 

Sibbick wont be match fit even if available, a Derby is not the game to bring him back in from the cold.  Clare has to play, him and Smith are our best players just now.

Edited by Voiceofreasonfortheseason
Mistake

Class of 75
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

As fantastic as Saturday's win was and it was. 

It's back to the bread and butter tomorrow night. 

Three points a must. I dont care if we Score in the 95th minute with the ball going in off any Hearts player's arse for the winner. Let's just score one more goal than them 

COME ON THE HEARTS.

Totally agree, a win is a must. On a side note joined CULDROSE today. 2 year draft.

Fair chance the semi final draw could add an extra layer or two of caginess to this game. A drab 0-0 draw, under 6 corners, under 6 shots on target type of acca might be worth a punt. 

We're much more effective against teams that attempt to play out from the back. So I'm more confident for this game than I would be against Ross County, St Mirren or Hamilton.

For all Moore did well on Saturday, I don't think this is the game for him. I'd start Naismith, Walker, Boyce and Washington in the same team.

Zlamal

Smith

Halkett

Dikamona

Hickey

Damour

Bozanic

Walker

Naismith

Washington

Boyce

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Totally agree, a win is a must. On a side note joined CULDROSE today. 2 year draft.

Enjoy Cornwall mate

1 hour ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Sibbick wont be match fit even if available, a Derby is not the game to bring him back in from the cold.  Clare has to play, him and Smith are our best players just now.

Sibbicks first game for us was after not playing first team football for a few weeks I think, but he put in a good hour. If you read me correctly I said I think Clare should play wide right with Smith at the back with Walker dropping out to bench. I was hoping Sibbick was back as he seemed to give us a more physical presence in the middle of the park. What I don’t want to see is Damour lining up in the middle as I just don’t think he’s good enough. 

Famous 1874

Stop Scott Allan and you stop Hibs. They are long ball merchants, all they do is hump it over the top to Boyle.

No way are Paul Hanlon & co going to be able to contain Naisy and Boyce for 90 minutes. 

2-0 to the famous

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

We're much more effective against teams that attempt to play out from the back. So I'm more confident for this game than I would be against Ross County, St Mirren or Hamilton.

For all Moore did well on Saturday, I don't think this is the game for him. I'd start Naismith, Walker, Boyce and Washington in the same team.

Agree, it's a game for experience and aggression.

Class of 75
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Enjoy Cornwall mate

Cheers mate. Just started as the Joss. Long way home though, over 1000 miles round trip. 

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Absolutely, we switched off twice and gifted them 2 goals.  They never looked like the better team, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

As long as we keep the pressure up, they will crumble.

Especially so given we're bottom of the league.  The home support (lol) will very quickly turn on the team if we're playing well.

We’ve not quite hit consistency on different elements of our game because we’ve had a couple of false dawns(Aberdeen and Rangers at home in the league) but Saturday’s performance needs to become the staple. 

It was a touch of Hearts from the past. Dogged, chased down opponents, forced mistakes and when the ball broke for us we looked dangerous and hard to handle going forward.  

If this team learns to handle matches where we may not be playing particularly great but still know how to stay in the game,  opponents are going to find it very difficult v us. 

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Cheers mate. Just started as the Joss. Long way home though, over 1000 miles round trip. 

You will know my good mate Paddy Sharpe, who just retired last year. We were on the Fife many years ago as RO(T)s. He lives in Guzz.

4 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Zlamal

Smith.    Dikamona     Halkett     White 

Damour.   Bozanic

Clare.               Naismith.                  Washington

Boyce 

I like that side, why no Hickey though?

The White Cockade
7 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Boyce and Sibbick returning would be massive for us going down there. Damour gives me the fear in a derby, high chance he’ll get red carded. We need something out this game, I’m more worried about this game than the semi final.

if Sibbick has glandular fever as has been reported doubt he'll be back for a while yet

15 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

I like that side, why no Hickey though?

I think he tired massively on Saturday and after just being back I think he may be rested. I’m happy for him to play if he ok though. 

I think we need to keep Smith at RB as his delivery and defending is spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I think he tired massively on Saturday and after just being back I think he may be rested. I’m happy for him to play if he ok though. 

I think we need to keep Smith at RB as his delivery and defending is spot on. 

Fair point he isn't blessed with pace either so White could be a better option if they aim to get Boyle running at whoever is LB.

We looked so much stronger with Smith at RB, Clare has been great there but we cannot afford any slip ups or soft goals that he could potentially cost.

I feel that when we have hopefully turned the corner and have a better understanding of the system having Clare at RB could work we just need a DM ready and able to cover the gaps left by attacking FB's much like Sibbick did against Rangers in his first game.

Stendel is learning more and more about the players he has and i trust him to get it right tomorrow.

Edited by Ramagio87

3 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

Fair point he isn't blessed with pace either so White could be a better option if they aim to get Boyle running at whoever is LB.

We looked so much stronger with Smith at RB, Clare has been great there but we cannot afford any slip ups or soft goals that he could potentially cost.

I feel that when we have hopefully turned the corner and have a better understanding of the system having Clare at RB could work we just need a DM ready and able to cover the gaps left by attacking FB's much like Sibbick did against Rangers in his first game.

Stendel is learning more and more about the players he has and i trust him to get it right tomorrow.

I agree, I really like Clare, very clever and great with ball at his feet. We are better letting him get attacking and leave the defending to Smith. 

I felt against St Johnston and Hamilton we defended too high but didn’t press either, we gave them far to much time to play the ball over the top for their runner and we we were very kamikaze in attack. Against Sevco we sat a little deeper but pressed as a team, they had no time to pick the pass over the top and literally didn’t know where to go. When we attacked we left our defence in place but attacked far more clever and held the ball a lot better. If this is how DS plans on playing now I am far more confident. 

Bazzas right boot

Hamilton Likley to take a tanking at Ibrox so a win here would be good, get us moving. 

Motherwell and St mirren to follow. 

Motherwell ate there for the taking and St mirren must be the only team that haven't beaten us this season. 

Time to get a couple of wins 

I'm expecting some changes, which you wouldn't usually think would be the case after beating Rangers.  However, I think Jamie Walker and Boyce will play.  Whether they are straight replacements for maybe Washington and Moore, or if we change shape a bit, I'm not sure.

One thing for sure, we want to get right in their faces as their appetite for a fight may not match ours.  We need to limit supply to their dangerous players, so with that in mind, our forward players have a huge defensive job to do on top of their creative duties.

And it's going to come down to a bit of luck here and there.  One hits the post and bounces out, the other hits the post and goes in; one is flagged an inch offside, the other is an inch on; a tackle which puts someone through on goal.  Something like that may well decide this game.  We're due some luck - praise to Buddha, Ganesha and Robbo it comes in tomorrow.

My guess 

The Boaby

Smudge Halks Dika Hickles

Honda Bozanic

Clare                            Walker

Naismith

Boyce

Boycey with 2 large cognacs Marlene, Hearts 2, Hibs 1.

This was such a critical game to begin with, and it's just become even more important. Obviously in the league we need to string some wins together to stay up, but it's also now really important that we have a bit of belief and form going in to the semi. **** giving those mutants a chance to emulate 2006's semi.

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'm expecting some changes, which you wouldn't usually think would be the case after beating Rangers.  However, I think Jamie Walker and Boyce will play.  Whether they are straight replacements for maybe Washington and Moore, or if we change shape a bit, I'm not sure.

One thing for sure, we want to get right in their faces as their appetite for a fight may not match ours.  We need to limit supply to their dangerous players, so with that in mind, our forward players have a huge defensive job to do on top of their creative duties.

And it's going to come down to a bit of luck here and there.  One hits the post and bounces out, the other hits the post and goes in; one is flagged an inch offside, the other is an inch on; a tackle which puts someone through on goal.  Something like that may well decide this game.  We're due some luck - praise to Buddha, Ganesha and Robbo it comes in tomorrow.

My guess 

The Boaby

Honda Bozanic

Naismith

Boyce

Is that Honda Sibbick 😂😂😂

59 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

My guess 

The Boaby

Honda Bozanic

Naismith

Boyce

Did you run out of inspiration when you got to Bozanic 😂

37 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Is that Honda Sibbick 😂😂😂

I liked that. Went significantly shite after that though 5/10 (or 6/11).

should add I like the side 😀

Edited by GinRummy

Class of 75
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

You will know my good mate Paddy Sharpe, who just retired last year. We were on the Fife many years ago as RO(T)s. He lives in Guzz.

Yes I do mate. Now manager of the China Fleet Club in Saltash. Nice bloke. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
3 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Sold out

That's what I thought but they we're still showing as for sale in the website earlier

John Findlay
34 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Yes I do mate. Now manager of the China Fleet Club in Saltash. Nice bloke. 

He is.

33 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

fingers crossed🤞🏻For a win tomorrow if we get beat I fear for us.🇱🇻

Did you not have us relegated after St Mirren beat Motherwell?

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Did you run out of inspiration when you got to Bozanic 😂

Yup!!!! Was meant to be working and decided making up nicknames for Hearts players had crossed the skiving line!

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I liked that. Went significantly shite after that though 5/10 (or 6/11).

should add I like the side 😀

OK. Rest of my team

Ifmyauntyhud

Chocolatey

Doug

Sans Will

Marlene

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Did you not have us relegated after St Mirren beat Motherwell?

Probably did but more optimistic after Saturday the most pleasing

thing was the defence looked good

Holyrood_Hearts

Zlamal 

Smith Dikamona Halkett Hickey
Clare Bozanic 

Moore Naismith Walker 

Boyce 

Pereira, Sibbick,Garuccio, Damour Washington Uche, Donis

Just now, TheBigO said:

Aim to please, bro!

Walker ahead of Moore though. Has to be eh? I get he’s not great defensively but he can surely stop their full back getting forward. 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hamilton Likley to take a tanking at Ibrox so a win here would be good, get us moving. 

Motherwell and St mirren to follow. 

Motherwell ate there for the taking and St mirren must be the only team that haven't beaten us this season. 

Time to get a couple of wins 

I hope you’re right regards Hamilton but rangers are in turmoil the now so it wouldn’t be that big a shock if Hamilton steal something  

23 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Probably did but more optimistic after Saturday the most pleasing

thing was the defence looked good

Good man.

Try not to throw the towel in should tomorrow not go the way we hope.