***Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian official matchday thread***

Finlay James

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Didn’t see him in the training video. Plenty others not in it either though. 

He's there.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Suso Santana

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I never realised that. Certainly got energy Moore. 

I think they'll play a back 4 against a 4-2-3-1 though. 

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would agree with that. Nullifying Boyle might be crucial. Maybe Washington to drop out if Boyce is fit. Hopefully Uche on the bench if he's fit.

Not Uche's biggest fan but he does enjoy the Derby so worth a seat on the bench. 

We might actually change to a 4-3-3 because we need someone to pick up Scott Allan. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not Uche's biggest fan but he does enjoy the Derby so worth a seat on the bench. 

We might actually change to a 4-3-3 because we need someone to pick up Scott Allan. 

Aye Allan can’t be allowed to get on the ball. Stop him and we’ve got a good chance. 

portobellojambo1

While I'd be delighted to pick up 3 points tomorrow night I'd settle for 1 point, then hope we can take full points from the two games against Motherwell and St Mirren and look to get a result at Livingston. We can't count on other teams doing us any favours, we have to look to get ourselves out of the position we are in.

Class of 75
2 hours ago, chefjambo said:

That’s part of the reason I left the mob . To far to come back every weekend to watch hearts

Agree mate. Long trip. So were you a Chef? 

Anyone know for sure somewhere in New York that will be showing the game? My dad said Jack Demseys would but I've just left there and they said it wouldn't be on.

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would agree with that. Nullifying Boyle might be crucial. Maybe Washington to drop out if Boyce is fit. Hopefully Uche on the bench if he's fit.

Boyle is pap. Docherty is the danger. 

I'm a bit worried reading on here how many "dangers" our 6th placed great friends will have on the park.

They'll be far to busy worrying about us.

On 01/03/2020 at 23:18, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Our away form is beyond shite and with the hype of the cup draw, I can see this being a typical thud and blunder derby.

0-0

Neither defence are great so I can’t see it being goalless to be honest.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Neither defence are great so I can’t see it being goalless to be honest.

Goals written all over this game.1- 3 to the jambos get yer mortgage on it.

LondonJambo1985
6 hours ago, post221 said:

Anyone know for sure somewhere in New York that will be showing the game? My dad said Jack Demseys would but I've just left there and they said it wouldn't be on.

I’ve watched Hearts games in Smithfield Hall before, I had to ask to put the games on though. It’s on west 25th, between 6th and 7th 

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm a bit worried reading on here how many "dangers" our 6th placed great friends will have on the park.

They'll be far to busy worrying about us.

This 

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

While I'd be delighted to pick up 3 points tomorrow night I'd settle for 1 point, then hope we can take full points from the two games against Motherwell and St Mirren and look to get a result at Livingston. We can't count on other teams doing us any favours, we have to look to get ourselves out of the position we are in.

Agreed.

You just need to look at the results of the teams round about us to see that we can't rely on them dropping points.

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Aye Allan can’t be allowed to get on the ball. Stop him and we’ve got a good chance. 

Workmate said it's Docherty than runs the show for them now.

Just woke. Derby Day. 
lunch then a few beers before heading down to that cesspit to watch the famous beat that overrated shite.

they are 6th in the table.    not 1st. 
Set up right and we can beat them.  Please let there be another Hickey moment but this time with Naismith (they do hate him)

FTH

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Workmate said it's Docherty than runs the show for them now.

Docherty runs the game but Allan despite being overrated is capable of hitting 1 or 2 defence splitting passes. 

Our centre midfield does worry me. Their defence gives me a bit of hope though. 

132goals1958
7 hours ago, post221 said:

Few pubs near Times Square show football. The St Andrews Scottish Pub is in that area so you could ask there

11 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Docherty runs the game but Allan despite being overrated is capable of hitting 1 or 2 defence splitting passes. 

Our centre midfield does worry me. Their defence gives me a bit of hope though. 

Aye I agree

Buzz Killington
11 hours ago, Barack said:

Probably drained of fluids, after spending time with that rather attractive American lady friend of his.

She’s from Currie mate

On 01/03/2020 at 21:29, kila said:

Damour would get sent off. Sibbick won’t be ready yet. Clare could come on for Walker later on. 

Bobby

Smith     Halkett      Dikamona    Hickey

Irving       Bozanic

Walker      Naismith      Washington

Boyce

Hard slog.....1-0 to us......scorer....Hickey........👍 

NaturalOrder74

Confident as **** tbh if we can tear rangers v2 apart like that against 12 men I think we could give hibs a hammering today, business end of the season, hibs always bottle it when they are the ‘stick on win’ hibs league form is piss poor don’t let our form destruct anyone from that 

1 hour ago, LondonJambo1985 said:

I’ve watched Hearts games in Smithfield Hall before, I had to ask to put the games on though. It’s on west 25th, between 6th and 7th 

Thanks , will give it a bash.

Smith&Weston

Massive game tonight.  3 points and I could see us getting out of this mess.  A defeat and we could be in trouble.  4 points from next 2 league games is a minimum for me.  Don’t care how we get them but winning ugly is the first priority.  

13 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Confident as **** tbh if we can tear rangers v2 apart like that against 12 men I think we could give hibs a hammering today, business end of the season, hibs always bottle it when they are the ‘stick on win’ hibs league form is piss poor don’t let our form destruct anyone from that 

They've only lost to Rangers this year so thats hardly piss poor form.Derbies are generally won by the team that wants it more, especially when the teams are fairly close in terms of talent. Hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard. I think we go in to this hopefully more desperate to win than they are and that might decide the game. We'll not be hammering them and we didnt tear Rangers apart by any means. We were certainly the better team and we definitely wanted it more than they did. Thats a huge thing in the Scottish game.

A win of any kind will do here. If we do it comfortably thats great but the win is essential as we're running out of road here.

Proper nervous for this tonight. Could go either way. 

If we set up well like Saturday's game then I can see us taking home three points. Boys will have to be on their tippy toes at all times though as Hibs have some nifty players going forward. 

2-0 to the JTs, Boyce and Clare

Keep Uche in the stand he is murder. Did no one watch him on Boxing Day? He almost took out the corner flags with shots a couple of times. Its a game for a proper striker and that is Boyce.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just woke. Derby Day. 
lunch then a few beers before heading down to that cesspit to watch the famous beat that overrated shite.

Set up right and we can beat them.  Please let there be another Hickey moment but this time with Naismith (they do hate him)

FTH

:sweeet:

We should be more confident after disposing Der hun. Hubz will be up for this but so we're rangers. 2-1 Hearts. 

Just woke. Derby Day. 

FTH

:sweeet:

highlandjambo3

Just woke. Derby Day. 

FTH

Don’t forget your face mask