New home kit, tomorrow - please don't buy it.

Craigieboy

Why is our support so divided?

Folk would take sides on any issue just for the sake of taking sides. Boycotting the strips is a decent idea to get a point accross and though some will always buy it would be a great show of solidarity.

Say what you like about the Old Firm, but at least they stick together and aren't scared to stand up for their club. Our support bicker and snipe at anyone who wants to do something like a bunch of bitter housewives.

4 years ago I did a fair bit of work on SOH (worked in the shop, handed out posters, petitions, fund raising, harassment ;), meetings etc..) and I quickly learnt for every committed fan there were 10 that just wanted to go to the match and leave the protests to others.

I am one of the 10 now.

Maybe that may change but right now that's how I feel.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gigolo-Aunt
Sorry but how I am doing this?

I am buying for my son and I get a huge amount of pride seeing the wee man kicking a football wearing the colours.

LIFE CAN BE THAT SIMPLE.

Quite right.

No need to drag kids in to this, they should not miss out.

Father Tiresias

I am buying for my son and I get a huge amount of pride seeing the wee man kicking a football wearing the colours.

LIFE CAN BE THAT SIMPLE.

You can still watch him kick a ball about in LAST season's strip. Or buy him a retro strip, I can see your chest swell with pride. There is NO need to buy the new strip at all.

Hmmm, do they not mean the away top?!?!?

The word 'away' is a bit of a giveaway.

Note to self : 'attention to detail'.:embarassed::runaway:

doctor jambo

Crumbled and pre-ordered the away strip- have to say it was smart as

Love seeing the wee guy in it at his mini kickers!

Yeah, maybe I am funding this gash situation, but remember that all profits will be invested in the footballing side, and if there is one area we dont want affected it is that- so, yep, my cash goes on the team, not the regime

NO matches being attended but will always have my boys be proud to wear the colours, no matter what my own personal grievences are with the regime

My 7 year old will be wearing his with pride the same way he's worn the rest of them since he was old enough to smile!

Anyone who feels they could make a child see the reasoning behind them not having the new Jambo's strip, feel free to PM me with the details. If you can do that without making him cry by all means let me know. You'll be pishin into the wind though - FACT :P

You can still watch him kick a ball about in LAST season's strip. Or buy him a retro strip, I can see your chest swell with pride. There is NO need to buy the new strip at all.

Get with the programme mate!

Personally I think it would be a great opportunity in teaching our young that you need to stand up to bullies...

Equally on the matter of upsetting children. How upset were children when their first footballing heroes were picked off from the club - Rudi, Elvis, Hartley, Gordon...?

One wee lad I know was heart broken when Elvis left.

When I was a kid, as far as I can remember most of us had to wait until Christmas for a new strip anyway.

Kids nowadays ( always wanted to say that )

I feel a bit reluctant to contribute to this, as I don't regularly buy club merchandise, but this sounds this most simple and effective sign of protest suggested so far.

4 years ago I did a fair bit of work on SOH (worked in the shop, handed out posters, petitions, fund raising, harassment ;), meetings etc..) and I quickly learnt for every committed fan there were 10 that just wanted to go to the match and leave the protests to others.

I am one of the 10 now.

Maybe that may change but right now that's how I feel.

Semantics maybe but I'm sure you didn't mean that those who choose not to protest are in any way less committed than those who do.

Personally I think it would be a great opportunity in teaching our young that you need to stand up to bullies...

LOL.

Let's add , robber barons , meddlers, Rodney Trotter .....

Feel free to add some more.

I'm no buying a strip, my sons no buying a strip, his girlfriends no getting one and neither is my missus.

So there u are Ripemoff,,,,

we ain't being ripped off any more on your behalf:sad:

Father Tiresias
Get with the programme mate!

What??

Just say NO to Vladimir's Wallet Jnr, you'll be surprised how effective it can be!

Semantics maybe but I'm sure you didn't mean that those who choose not to protest are in any way less committed than those who do.

At the time I did think that.

However I do realise that I was wrong.

I'm buying the new hearts home top!!

Support my team through good and bad :)

Oh here we go.

The first suggestion that if you dont buy a strip you are not a real fan...

Oh here we go.

The first suggestion that if you dont buy a strip you are not a real fan...

Don't be silly.

Your not a real fan if you don't go to games. :P

Don't be silly.

Your not a real fan if you don't go to games. :P

There are clearly degrees - shades of maroon if you like. Ranging from pure maroon through to the green of being labled a hobo....:rolleyes:

Amusingly (to me anyway) I recently found myself on holiday in the U.S. ensuring that at least one of the Abercromby Fitch t-shirts I bought featured maroon and white, rejecting any notion of green entering the purchase.

Once it's there it's there - whatever you type on a messageboard and no matter how many games you either do or don't go to...which is what is so sad about the disenchantment and practical disenfranchising by Romanov of so many of our real fans.

I only get to a couple of games a season but I always buy the strips and merchandise.

This season I will not be giving Romanov a penny. I will not help fund his project to turn Hearts into a shop window for his pyramid of pish.

Only a Game
My 7 year old will be wearing his with pride the same way he's worn the rest of them since he was old enough to smile!

Anyone who feels they could make a child see the reasoning behind them not having the new Jambo's strip, feel free to PM me with the details. If you can do that without making him cry by all means let me know. You'll be pishin into the wind though - FACT :P

There is a bad man at Hearts doing bad things. We need to try and make him see that we are not happy with him doing those bad things. So right now we need to not buy the strips. When he stops being bad we will buy one.

A lesson in life's realities that shouldnt be a problem to any parent. Saying no to your children is essential sometimes.

Carl Spackler

There's no point in boycotting anything unless there's a good explanation for why you are doing it. That is why it needs to be organised.

I not buying the new kit as my own small protest about the lack of a "proper" manager. This in itself will make no difference however and if somebody does choose to buy the kit I'll have no quam with them.

There is a bad man at Hearts doing bad things. We need to try and make him see that we are not happy with him doing those bad things. So right now we need to not buy the strips. When he stops being bad we will buy one.

A lesson in life's realities that shouldnt be a problem to any parent. Saying no to your children is essential sometimes.

I'm willing to contribute almost anything in order to turn round the dire mess our club's in. Bringing my footy mad son into it, who is proud as punch to be a Jambo and likes everyone to know it, (anyone who know's my boy will vouch for that) is one of the things I aint willing to do!

john brownlee

all the other boycotts have failled , whats different with this boycott what will be the next boycott, the programmes, corprate days out, or as a last resort you could boycott the freebies and junk mail.

Why dont you boycott Kb, oh that would be asking too much but give it a try that one might work. Mr Romanov might have nothing to laugh about and get fed up and because hes so bored with KB he just might sell up and leave.

LIFE CAN BE THAT SIMPLE.

Unfortunately so can supporters.

Ok.

'No, you can't have a new strip.'

'why not?'

'cos yer spoilt enough already'

;)

I'm willing to contribute almost anything in order to turn round the dire mess our club's in. Bringing my footy mad son into it, who is proud as punch to be a Jambo and likes everyone to know it, (anyone who know's my boy will vouch for that) is one of the things I aint willing to do!

It's a good post VW, and I know where you're coming from - kids shouldn't miss out for reasons beyond their control. However as other's have suggested, at least holding off initially (even until xmas) could be one way to do it.

It will not matter a fek if anyone buys it or not because we will get the usual 'we are delighted with the sales that are 400% up on last year' which just happens to have been the best sales on record. Total and utter BS every year

Robbos Right Peg,you know me,i send out the internet orders,i can tell you i sent out 400% more orders for the away top this year than i did last year.Peter.

I saw five kids coming out the local gym (5 a sides) with the kit.

So what you are saying is that Darthvodka needs to start hanging about outside his local gym waiting for the five a side kids to finnish playing?

A very interesting concept.

What do you think of this Darth?

Craig-Section Z

I will be buying it, the away one as well. Might even buy both in long sleeve as well for the winter months.

Unfortunately so can supporters.

Das Root

I for one don't think a boycott of club merchandise will change VR one bit - I think an organised protest at a game is the only way that people (press/fans/employees of HMFC) will sit up and take notice.

I did all that 4 years ago and although I totally understand everyone frustrations I am just going to leave protests to others this time round. I go home and away everywhere and I'll continue to do that. Disappointed - yes, angry - yes. Hearts fan - yes. (like ALL of us).

However I won't knock anyone for having a go at trying to get VR change his ways. And maybe I might be persquaded to change mine.

Gigolo-Aunt
Das Root

I for one don't think a boycott of club merchandise will change VR one bit - I think an organised protest at a game is the only way that people (press/fans/employees of HMFC) will sit up and take notice.

I did all that 4 years ago and although I totally understand everyone frustrations I am just going to leave protests to others this time round. I go home and away everywhere and I'll continue to do that. Disappointed - yes, angry - yes. Hearts fan - yes. (like ALL of us).

However I won't knock anyone for having a go at trying to get VR change his ways. And maybe I might be persquaded to change mine.

From the sounds of things, you have more than done your bit mate. Dont think you need to explain anymore to anyone.

Ryan Gosling

An organised demonstration AT the Hull game would make sense. Walking out, a banner, a display, that sort of thing. It's on TV so Vlad will see it in Lithuania, but it's a friendly so no hard feelings over it.

Sorry but I am buying for the wee fella.

Can't explain a boycott to a 5yo. Plus it's well smart.

If you want to hurt Hearts I suspect the best way is at the games through some form of organised protest - the press will pick up on that - they will not pick up that whether fans are going to the shop or not.

Agreed.

I will buy the wee man a strip, AND I will renew his tynie tigers.

I did not get a season ticket, that is my effort at hitting his pocket.

Robbos Right Peg
Robbos Right Peg,you know me,i send out the internet orders,i can tell you i sent out 400% more orders for the away top this year than i did last year.Peter.

Peter, I believe what you say so I am sure you did send out more strips than last year but it just seems that we get the same guff regarding the 'best sales ever' year on year issued from deep inside the Tynie politburo. Never bought the away strip myself of course (but the training tops are very good).

I have no doubt the advanced sales of the home strip will be hailed as the 'greatest in history' come August.

walton1983
We can only hope that not a single strip is sold on the day of release, that should at least give a small message to Romanov. And possibly Umbro too.

Strangely enough the umbro thing might have more effect.

walton1983
I'm buying the new hearts home top!!

Support my team through good and bad :)

That's the problem, it's not good or bad, it's a disgrace the way the owner is treating Hearts. It won't get better till he is away.

Peter, I believe what you say so I am sure you did send out more strips than last year but it just seems that we get the same guff regarding the 'best sales ever' year on year issued from deep inside the Tynie politburo. Never bought the away strip myself of course (but the training tops are very good).

I have no doubt the advanced sales of the home strip will be hailed as the 'greatest in history' come August.

I cannot comment on years gone by,only that the more was 400% more.I also think the advanced sales of the home strip will be the 'greatest in history' come August because of more people having access to the internet amongst other things.;)

Darkwhisky7

Yes but how many did you post out?. You may well have sold 4 times as much as last season, but figures need to be seen to make a point. The shop could have sold 5000 in the shops for example and 50 over the internet, so it would only take another 150 to make a 400% increase on internet only. Now if Hearts are claiming a figure like 4000 over the internet as opposed to 1000 last year then it starts to get a bit more impressive when you take into consideration the spin they put on things at the Club nowadays. They shouldn't hide behind percentages, or is the Club afraid to tell it how it really is.

I have no personal grudge against you personally, so please don't take this as a dig at yourself, it is just another bit of spin that is so familiar nowadays, either that or lack of information or just plain lying from the cohorts in charge.

You can bet your boots that if season tickets or strip sales had been good or very good actual figures would probably be rolled out, the fact they haven't probably says it all.

Maybe they are counting the squad away tops for the season for the players ;):)

Or maybe it is part of the money laundering scam....

Corstojohn
I have to say, I have not seen one person wearing the away top outside in public yet

You obviously haven't been looking very hard.

Nelly Terraces

Across the board sales will be down; seasons, strips, corpo sponsorship etc. The club is going downhill and that will be more than reflected in revenue across all the major income streams you'd associate with a football club.

I'd rather give cash to drug dealers as they're more up front about what they do than the band of criminals running HMFC into the dirt.

Rudolf's Mate

I'll take ur word for it mate. Can you also confirm if those orders went to an address in Lithuania??? ;)

I cannot comment on years gone by,only that the more was 400% more.I also think the advanced sales of the home strip will be the 'greatest in history' come August because of more people having access to the internet amongst other things.;)

In all fairness Peter, the website previous was a pile of crap and I'm doubtful that Hearts really pushed for online sales, so your 400% more could simply still be in double figures or not much beyond. If you wish to throw out some actual figures instead of percentages then you might prove me wrong.

Any ecommerce website built onto a bricks and mortar business structure for a company (in our case club) with such a world wide customer base should be retailing at a level greater than the largest store they have due to the fact that it can handle 1000s of customers at any given time and with a solid distribution system in place supply year round at far higher rate than all the superstores could hope to achieve.

Costs are reduced due to the box shifting business model, margins are increased and more money is made. I just don't don't think Hearts are doing that, and I don't believe the whole 90% increase bollox chucked out on strip sales. It's nothing more than marketing bullsh*t, and I'd imagine if pressed for actual figures the club would not be able to prove it. Though I suppose with everything else regarding Hearts these days it's smoke and mirrors, a big pile of pish.

He Who Cannot Be Named

The strip has Ukio Bankas written on it, thats enough for me to not want to buy it! I dont wear any of the others now for the same reason, a horrible reminder of what a true shambles we really are! Its poison to the famous maroon jersey, why anyone wants that sprawled across their chest is beyone me!

Suggestion for those who want to buy a kit for themselves/kids - it is easy now to buy a selection of classic hearts tops. I looked out the last pre romanov shirt and that is the one I will be wearing for a while. Places like football nation have a few classics. Ebay should be able to sort out others. A nice 1998 shirt perhaps? The money doesn't go to vlad, you get a nice new top, we get back in touch with some history... could it not be even better to explain the history behind that years top to a younger kid? Loads of people must have ones their kids have grown out of. Swap em.

In all fairness Peter, the website previous was a pile of crap and I'm doubtful that Hearts really pushed for online sales, so your 400% more could simply still be in double figures or not much beyond. If you wish to throw out some actual figures instead of percentages then you might prove me wrong.

This season if you ordered the top online you got it the day before the launch,ie the thursday of the edinburgh holidays instead of the friday,which seemed to appeal to a lot of customers,it is not my remit to give actual figures,if i did people would say i was lieing,i will leave the commercial dept to take that abuse.

You are right when you say 400% could mean double figures but that would mean i sent less than 100 out this year which made me laugh,sorry,

A lot of people order two or three strips at a time either for family or freinds to save on the ?5 average postage.

As i have said previously i fully expect the home top to be one of our best sellers come AUGUST(having seen it and quite like it)and you can get it a day earlier if you buy online,so dont wait till the last moment as it is more work for me.cheers,Peter.

shaun.lawson
Suggestion for those who want to buy a kit for themselves/kids - it is easy now to buy a selection of classic hearts tops. I looked out the last pre romanov shirt and that is the one I will be wearing for a while. Places like football nation have a few classics. Ebay should be able to sort out others. A nice 1998 shirt perhaps? The money doesn't go to vlad, you get a nice new top, we get back in touch with some history... could it not be even better to explain the history behind that years top to a younger kid? Loads of people must have ones their kids have grown out of. Swap em.

Even in happier times, it always amazes me that more fans don't do this. Back when Strongbow were sponsoring us, I thought our shirt looked the business - now, seeing that UKIO BANKAS name makes me want to throw up.

PresidentRomanov
Even in happier times, it always amazes me that more fans don't do this. Back when Strongbow were sponsoring us, I thought our shirt looked the business - now, seeing that UKIO BANKAS name makes me want to throw up.

Going by the photo's I've seen on another thread this morning, this season's strip looks the best we've ever had, and I'll wear it with pride.

Unlike alot on here, I'll never be ashamed to be a Hearts supporter.

Plus, this will be the last time I get the chance to buy a good quality Hearts strip, because if no one buys it, Umbro won't be back next year.

We'll be shelling out for some pish like the Hibs have got.

Archived