New home kit, tomorrow - please don't buy it.

Craigieboy

Suggestion for those who want to buy a kit for themselves/kids - it is easy now to buy a selection of classic hearts tops. I looked out the last pre romanov shirt and that is the one I will be wearing for a while. Places like football nation have a few classics. Ebay should be able to sort out others. A nice 1998 shirt perhaps? The money doesn't go to vlad, you get a nice new top, we get back in touch with some history... could it not be even better to explain the history behind that years top to a younger kid? Loads of people must have ones their kids have grown out of. Swap em.

Kids don't think like that though do they? Kids say "Dad, all my friends have the new top, can I get the new top?"

It seems that many on here are happy to get their season ticket and deprive their kids of the replica kit. Daddy gets a season ticket but laddie gets nowt.

A few kids tops is not going to do THAT much, season tickets on the other hand....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent, ill be buying 4 today, one for me , and one for each of my kids.:)

We_are_the_Hearts
Kids don't think like that though do they? Kids say "Dad, all my friends have the new top, can I get the new top?"

It seems that many on here are happy to get their season ticket and deprive their kids of the replica kit. Daddy gets a season ticket but laddie gets nowt.

A few kids tops is not going to do THAT much, season tickets on the other hand....

Spot on mate, we had and missed our chance with the seaosn ticket renewals. I have massive respect for all those who sacrificed by not renewing. Not easy but shows how much Vlad has made a mockery of HMFC. We will be back though.

My laddie will be getting the strips.

Kids love having the new shirt, particularly with their name or their favourite players names on them.

Guest Maroon Carpet

I will add my tuppence worth in that I totally agree with all boycotts of merchandise and matches home and away!

Guest Maroon Carpet
Excellent, ill be buying 4 today, one for me , and one for each of my kids.:)

Are you having a laugh, this will not help us in our campaign in trying to show Romanov that we mean business!

Are you having a laugh, this will not help us in our campaign in trying to show Romanov that we mean business!

In fact i think ill buy the away one as well, god thats 8 kits, how much will that cost ?

Still of on holiday in 3 weeks so got too have the strips too wear abroad.:)

Sorry but how I am doing this?

I am buying for my son and I get a huge amount of pride seeing the wee man kicking a football wearing the colours.

LIFE CAN BE THAT SIMPLE.

I understand where you are coming from - I've got 4 sons all of whom have the current kit at a cost of over ?200 to me but it's worth it to see them grow up as part of the next generation of supporters.

However the older 2 , along with myself , are now so disillusioned they practically begged not to go back this season as the last one was so awful.

We are making a stance as a family - no season tickets and no new replica kits until we see major changes and the club gets back to being run with some degree of normality.

It's that simple for me.

Guest Maroon Carpet

I think I will but 9,000 season tickets, now I'm having a laugh!

Seriously though, this statement about so many kits will not make a difference is crazy, if everyone went down that road then everything would be back to normal.

We have to be cruel in the long run if we are to stand up against Romanov, else it will be status quo, and relegation will be possible.

Guest Maroon Carpet
I understand where you are coming from - I've got 4 sons all of whom have the current kit at a cost of over ?200 to me but it's worth it to see them grow up as part of the next generation of supporters.

However the older 2 , along with myself , are now so disillusioned they practically begged not to go back this season as the last one was so awful.

We are making a stance as a family - no season tickets and no new replica kits until we see major changes and the club gets back to being run with some degree of normality.

It's that simple for me.

Nice to see someone with the club in mind, great post....

Chas.Lewis
Just say NO.

Already got the away and WILL be getting the home - along with other members of the family. Will NEVER boycott any Hearts kit, matches etc - no matter who the owner is. I support the team on the park and anyone who keeps us at Tynecastle. Who the hell cares about a manager, we've had managers when we would have been better off without one. We've also had people running the club who took it to the brink of real disaster, not the pseudo disaster that most of you are inventing or exaggerating.

Chas

:sad:

Already got the away and WILL be getting the home - along with other members of the family. Will NEVER boycott any Hearts kit, matches etc - no matter who the owner is. I support the team on the park and anyone who keeps us at Tynecastle. Who the hell cares about a manager, we've had managers when we would have been better off without one. We've also had people running the club who took it to the brink of real disaster, not the pseudo disaster that most of you are inventing or exaggerating.

Chas

Well said mate.:)

Who the hell cares about a manager

Yeah well said

Particularly that point.

Couldnt agree more - you should post more often

Craigieboy

I like the new top.

Respect to those that still want to get it. It's smart.

Quote of the thread though;

"Who the hell cares about a manager".

Priceless.

rudiskacel06
Sorry but I am buying for the wee fella.

Can't explain a boycott to a 5yo. Plus it's well smart.

If you want to hurt Hearts I suspect the best way is at the games through some form of organised protest - the press will pick up on that - they will not pick up that whether fans are going to the shop or not.

i hav a wee 9 yr old maself and hes desperate for it,i maself will not be buying it tho,i agree with you m8,protests at the games,banners etc the media will have a field day

Yeah well said

Particularly that point.

Couldnt agree more - you should post more often

I Bought 4 away kits one for me and one for each kid, also bought 4 of the home kits for last season as the new home top not available till the 25th of this month, and im away on hols on the 24th, i got the bairns names on the back of the strips, also bought a hearts football for the bairns.

Treated myself to a Managers jacket ( well you never know )

Spoke to a guy who works in the shop, he deals with on line sales, he told me the away kit has sold thousands, they are really pleased up at the shop,also spoke to a couple of fans who are going to Belfast.

Now im skint, happy ,but skint.:):)

Chas

Erm wow. We don't need a manager? You surely must be Roman Romanov :rolleyes:

Archived