New home kit, tomorrow - please don't buy it.

Craigieboy

Craigieboy
The brand new home kit for 2008-09 will be revealed on Thursday and Hearts.TV subscribers will see it first - exclusively at 9.30am!

Subscribe to the club's official online TV channel today and enjoy:

Exclusive first coverage of the new home shirt

Access all areas this pre-season with exclusive behind the scenes footage

All the goals from every first team pre-season game

And when the action gets underway you'll get:

Big name exclusive interviews

Every media conference

Highlights of every match - first team, reserves and U19s

Live audio coverage of every first team match

All the goals from the last four years

Hearts.TV is available now from just 99p so don't miss out - sign up today and see the brand new home kit FIRST!

Just say NO.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tommythejambo

Think do something more useful with that 99p. Like losing it down the back of a couch.

Craigieboy

I like buying the kits for myself & my wee lad. But no way.

A boycott of merchandise is just the beginning.

Absolutely agreed

Nobody could claim to lose out on anything by not buying club merchandise at this time.

We can only hope that not a single strip is sold on the day of release, that should at least give a small message to Romanov. And possibly Umbro too.

Aye I just got the e-mail myself there. No chance will I be buying it, which is rather sad as I buy a top every season or have done, but now it doesnt mean the same with the current shambolic way our club is being run.

Sad times indeed. :(

PresidentRomanov
Won't be Buying Home or Away Kit!!

I bought the away top, and I'll be buying the home top.

I must be the worst Rangers supporter in the world :)

We can only hope that not a single strip is sold on the day of release, that should at least give a small message to Romanov. And possibly Umbro too.

This could be the key actually. Romanov may not give a dam but Umbro might think differently if their merchandise is being boycotted due to the actions of one of their clients.

Can't remember the last time I've not bought the home strip. Won't be getting it this year.

the wee man wont be getting his this season.

Same here - he's going to be gutted, but it has to be done.

Ryan Gosling

I hope everyone who wants to buy it does so, and everyone who doesn't want to doesn't buy it.

:)

Sorry but I am buying for the wee fella.

Can't explain a boycott to a 5yo. Plus it's well smart.

If you want to hurt Hearts I suspect the best way is at the games through some form of organised protest - the press will pick up on that - they will not pick up that whether fans are going to the shop or not.

I'm sure i'll be able to save that 99p, spend 1p more and get my morning Starbucks filter coffee at work, and see the strip on the normal website or kickback just an hour or so later...

rudi must stay

can't agree with that. Half of the teams in the Premiership wear Umbro kits now, one team in Scotland won't matter to them

Inglis3901

Cant see the majority of fans not buying it.

Too many people have kids, grandkids, partners etc that will still buy it.

If you want to hurt Hearts I suspect the best way is at the games through some form of organised protest - the press will pick up on that - they will not pick up that whether fans are going to the shop or not.

What about delaying it for just a month?

Its the same point as the season ticket renewal. A delayed purchase would be just about as effective as a complete non-purchase

Strips wont go up in a puff of smoke if not bought on release day.

can't agree with that. Half of the teams in the Premiership wear Umbro kits now, one team in Scotland won't matter to them

Nonsense. Any business as big as Umbro look at every major product release and gauge how sales will pan out. Just because they deal with clubs in the EPL does not mean they don't care for anything outwith that. If Hearts tops do not sell they will look at the cost to them in terms of manufacturing and soon be banging on the doors at Tynecastle asking why and what can be done to turn sales around. With nothing concrete from Hearts they will soon be re-examining their contracts and activating whatever clauses deal with these sort of situations. If not it will be their shareholders banging on their doors asking what the hell is going on and why money is not being made.

rudi must stay
Nonsense. Any business as big as Umbro look at every major product release and gauge how sales will pan out. Just because they deal with clubs in the EPL does not mean they don't care for anything outwith that. If Hearts tops do not sell they will look at the cost to them in terms of manufacturing and soon be banging on the doors at Tynecastle asking why and what can be done to turn sales around. With nothing concrete from Hearts they will soon be re-examining their contracts and activating whatever clauses deal with these sort of situations. If not it will be their shareholders banging on their doors asking what the hell is going on and why money is not being made.

end of the day, these teams can sell ten times more kits than us due to their fanbase. so Umbro make a profit due to them alone. Nah the way to annoy Hearts is to boycott the games, we still get sell-outs despite the dire state we're in..

end of the day, these teams can sell ten times more kits than us due to their fanbase. so Umbro make a profit due to them alone. Nah the way to annoy Hearts is to boycott the games, we still get sell-outs despite the dire state we're in..

Erm ok. I'm sure Umbro will happily churn out the strips that aren't selling cos they're turning a profit down south :rolleyes:

Don't think Hearts will give a damn anyway, cos well UBIG are making a profit in Lithuania. Uh huh. But I do agree we should boycott games, simply so our eyes don't bleed watching the utter pish in front of them ;)

Umbro still threw a chunk of money at us based principally on the notion that we would sell a fair amount of strips.

Who knows there may be claw back clauses in the contract that says if you dont sell x strips you dont get the full instalment of next period payment due

At best it will ensure an embarrassing (for Hearts) business meeting when the general sponsorship / strips meeting next takes place

Rest assured a plummet in strip sales will have an impact.

Its a layering process mate. Match boycotts, letters, non-purchase of merchandise.

If people are unhappy at the way the club is being run they have to make some sort of sacrifice at some stage for the good of the club long term. I just dont really know how big a sacrifice it is to delay purchasing a home strip until, even, say the first SPL game of the season.

Most people will have last seasons strip? Or some retro strip?

This is the perfect opportunity to get something started. If people want change there is no excuse IMO for a delayed purchase of the new strip being the first shot across the bows

rudi must stay
Umbro still threw a chunk of money at us based principally on the notion that we would sell a fair amount of strips.

Who knows there may be claw back clauses in the contract that says if you dont sell x strips you dont get the full instalment of next period payment due

At best it will ensure an embarrassing (for Hearts) business meeting when the general sponsorship / strips meeting next takes place

Rest assured a plummet in strip sales will have an impact.

Its a layering process mate. Match boycotts, letters, non-purchase of merchandise.

If people are unhappy at the way the club is being run they have to make some sort of sacrifice at some stage for the good of the club long term. I just dont really know how big a sacrifice it is to delay purchasing a home strip until, even, say the first SPL game of the season.

Most people will have last seasons strip? Or some retro strip?

This is the perfect opportunity to get something started. If people want change there is no excuse IMO for a delayed purchase of the new strip being the first shot across the bows

how many people on here? 1,000 - 2,000? how many go to the games? 16,000 at least, that's another 14,000 who can buy the strip. It's a lost cause the strip imo, they will always make money on it.

I bought the away top, and I'll be buying the home top.

I must be the worst Rangers supporter in the world :)

You're a Confused Man PB!!! ;-) (Forgot to put smillie,Cannae edit one in)

I buy my daughter 1 every year with her name and her age on it...Not this Season...I really wanted to buy my 20month old son his 3rd top, Got him 1 the day he was born, But that's a nono as well!!

I've read a few of your posts on the Positive thread...You don't sound as delusional as usual...How's the Coffee smelling.............Hun Boy!!;)

As for the Rankgers thing...It would take some goin to be the WORST Rankgers supporter :eek:

No, but Vlad will when he sees merchandising income plummet. Don't forget how much the club trumpeted this 3 seasons ago when they banged on about how much income had increased from merchandising.

Father Tiresias

I can understand those who have renewed their season tickets but not buying the new home kit sends out a really strong message to the owner at no cost? This is too good an opportunity to miss!!

Robbos Right Peg

It will not matter a fek if anyone buys it or not because we will get the usual 'we are delighted with the sales that are 400% up on last year' which just happens to have been the best sales on record. Total and utter BS every year

how many people on here? 1,000 - 2,000? how many go to the games? 16,000 at least, that's another 14,000 who can buy the strip. It's a lost cause the strip imo, they will always make money on it.

Those 14,000 aren't automatons programmed by Romanov, I'm sure very many of them don't want to part with hard earned just because a new strip has been released. With the STs you could see it as slightly different as many wanted the cheaper price and others did not want to lose their seats but it's not as if Hearts will add 20% onto the price of strips come the new season so not buying one now will send a message to Hearts without costing that person sending it anything.

And to be fair there are no reasons as to why folk should be buying on release day, no matter who they are buying for, unless they fully support the regime and all that Romanov is doing.

rudi must stay
Those 14,000 aren't automatons programmed by Romanov, I'm sure very many of them don't want to part with hard earned just because a new strip has been released. With the STs you could see it as slightly different as many wanted the cheaper price and others did not want to lose their seats but it's not as if Hearts will add 20% onto the price of strips come the new season so not buying one now will send a message to Hearts without costing that person sending it anything.

And to be fair there are no reasons as to why folk should be buying on release day, no matter who they are buying for, unless they fully support the regime and all that Romanov is doing.

cos they support Hearts and like the strip..

cos they support Hearts and like the strip..

Sometimes you need tough love. Forever flowing money into the HMFC coffers does nothing but allow Romanov to continue doing what he wants. Ceasing that flow of money will make his shareholders that bit more jittery and demand answers as to why they are paying out, for little in return, and why he does what he can to **** off his core customers (ie the support) when small changes could mean success and big money payments.

This thread is a classic example of how we as a support will never get any sort of message accross to the club about the way we are feeling.

The OP comes up with an excellent idea to protest and the first few replies agree with this excellent idea only for the next few to shoot him and his idea down and argue for argument's sake.

I know everyone has their opinion on how best to get the message accross but the only way we are really going to hurt the Mad one is to starve him of the funding he has taken for granted over the last couple of years.

Why is it that there are still people out there who can't see this and blindly still hand over hard earned money to a guy who is sitting thousands of miles away turning the club into a farce on a daily basis ?

What does it matter if withdrawing financial support hurts the club ? We are down the tubes anyway the way things stand so what's the worst that could happen by at least trying out the option of hitting him in the pocket ?

I don't see many better ideas being banded about on here or anywhere else.

Captain Lithuania

We live in hope.. Plenty of kits will be sold, and plenty of preorders will be put in, I personally hope nobody buys any, I have decided not to get any kit this season. If you do get a kit though, anyone, put tape or something over the sponsor.

Captain Lithuania
You have to wonder if whether they just make this sh*t up as if true then spank me purple, seems Romanov is a genius. Must be the only guy who can shovel out sh*t year round and have folk guzzle it down, hoping for a good ol' dessert of arse pumping.

To be brutally honest mate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was green and white, apparently the mad one had a possible green and white third kit last season according to the Evening Hobo..

Rudolf's Mate

To those who simply cannot stay away from any games, this is a superb idea... Even if you were to hold back from buying for 1 month, as suggested by another poster.

As for Umbro not reacting to this. They'd be pretty unhappy as any deals will be done on average sales over the last 3 years or so. This would be a huge embarrassment for Vlad and the club and would bring major media attention.

Something has to be done and even those who don?t want to rock the boat for whatever reason surely this is a good way of doing it!

Its the simplest easiest option available to us.

It doesnt even need people to do anything - quite the opposite.

Mind you, as hard as it might be to say "no" to a 5 year old son or daughter, if people are so easily controlled by a 5 year old, then it is easy to see how they are so easily controlled by a Lithuanian dictator.

As I said, what harm is there in even delaying the purchase?

To be brutally honest mate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was green and white, apparently the mad one had a possible green and white third kit last season according to the Evening Hobo..

No matter if green and white :boak: all they need is a big picture of Romanov on the front and the sheep will still flock :hypno:

marshallschunkychicken

I renewed my ST, and realise that many feel that was an act that was to the detriment of Hearts in the long run.

I usually buy a replica kit, and really like the away one this year. I haven't bought it, as Idon't think it would be right under current circumstances.

Mildly interested in seeing the new home strip, and have a suspicion that I'll like that too.

I won't be buying either in the short term though. I reserve the right to crumble nearer season kickoff though... :eek:

Ryan Gosling
I have to say, I have not seen one person wearing the away top outside in public yet

I saw five kids coming out the local gym (5 a sides) with the kit.

Rudolf's Mate

Said it already. I have an 8 week old boy & I was waiting on buying him the new strip (if available in his size) however I am absolutely gutted that I am putting this on hold but it has to be done. I will be even more gutted if others don't follow suit and sales are not affected!

Boab Mugabe

Why is our support so divided?

Folk would take sides on any issue just for the sake of taking sides. Boycotting the strips is a decent idea to get a point accross and though some will always buy it would be a great show of solidarity.

Say what you like about the Old Firm, but at least they stick together and aren't scared to stand up for their club. Our support bicker and snipe at anyone who wants to do something like a bunch of bitter housewives.

Said it already. I have an 8 week old boy & I was waiting on buying him the new strip (if available in his size) however I am absolutely gutted that I am putting this on hold but it has to be done. I will be even more gutted if others don't follow suit and sales are not affected!

No doubt we'll be told by the Website that sales are flying and you shouldnt delay in putting your order in to avoid disappointment.

I'd doubt that would be the truth though.

This thread is a classic example of how we as a support will never get any sort of message accross to the club about the way we are feeling.

The OP comes up with an excellent idea to protest and the first few replies agree with this excellent idea only for the next few to shoot him and his idea down and argue for argument's sake.

I know everyone has their opinion on how best to get the message accross but the only way we are really going to hurt the Mad one is to starve him of the funding he has taken for granted over the last couple of years.

Why is it that there are still people out there who can't see this and blindly still hand over hard earned money to a guy who is sitting thousands of miles away turning the club into a farce on a daily basis ?

What does it matter if withdrawing financial support hurts the club ? We are down the tubes anyway the way things stand so what's the worst that could happen by at least trying out the option of hitting him in the pocket ?

Sorry but how I am doing this?

I am buying for my son and I get a huge amount of pride seeing the wee man kicking a football wearing the colours.

LIFE CAN BE THAT SIMPLE.

maroonlegions

feck, iam in two minds at the moment about buying it but its for my birthday so will have to choose smoething else instead i opt for not buying it, mmmm, what other club has fans debating if they should buy the new home top or not eh, fecking nonsense.:cool:

That statement is hilarous : the club has shifted huge amounts based on fan loyalty and the fact that the strip is super duper , great quality , blah , blah.

How can the club claim this ? The fans bought the strip blind - it could be the worst design , the worst quality. It wouldn't have mattered as fans didn't buy it on the basis of quality/design as no one has seen it yet.:confused:

That statement is hilarous : the club has shifted huge amounts based on fan loyalty and the fact that the strip is super duper , great quality , blah , blah.

How can the club claim this ? The fans bought the strip blind - it could be the worst design , the worst quality. It wouldn't have mattered as fans didn't buy it on the basis of quality/design as no one has seen it yet.:confused:

Hmmm, do they not mean the away top?!?!?

200milesfromgorgie

i bet hearts wuill still report "record sales" (record LOW sales) and "huge demand on the day of release" (huge demand for Romanov to stick it up him)

Archived