Jump to content

The rise and fall of The SNP.


Zlatanable

Recommended Posts

Zlatanable

Back in 2007, it was a very different picture. 

The Holyrood result in 2011 broke the system and allowed a minority view to overshadow the people of Scotland ever since.

 

Since then,  Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have both failed in their only objective. 

The cost of pursuing an 'the end justifies the means' campaign is returning home to roost. 

And that is before any mention of sexual/financial indiscretions, that have been reported so far.

 

Now, in 2020, it seems like The SNP are finished. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Space Mackerel

    454

  • jack D and coke

    254

  • ri Alban

    233

  • Smithee

    186

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Back in 2007, it was a very different picture. 

The Holyrood result in 2011 broke the system and allowed a minority view to overshadow the people of Scotland ever since.

 

Since then,  Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have both failed in their only objective. 

The cost of pursuing an 'the end justifies the means' campaign is returning home to roost. 

And that is before any mention of sexual/financial indiscretions, that have been reported so far.

 

Now, in 2020, it seems like The SNP are finished. 

 

Chuck in a grenade and stand well back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I am in no way an SNP supporter. But, how are they finished?

How are they not finished? 

They have been in power since 2007.

 

Its obvious they care more about "independence" than they care about anything.

 

They have had the backing of Rupert Murdoch for a long time.

 

AFTER ALL OF THIS - > still no. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

How are they not finished? 

They have been in power since 2007.

 

 

They are the most popular political party in the country. So, they are not finished. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

 

They are the most popular political party in the country. So, they are not finished. 

Would you have said the same about Labour before?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Would you have said the same about Labour before?

 

Before when?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

How are they not finished? 

They have been in power since 2007.

 

Its obvious they care more about "independence" than they care about anything.

 

They have had the backing of Rupert Murdoch for a long time.

 

AFTER ALL OF THIS - > still no. 

I totally agree with you. They're on the way out and not before time. Extremist nationalist parties like the snp should always be called out for what they are and be dispatched forthwith.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

:rofl:

 

 

Firstly , I thank you for contributing @Cruyff

Secondly, always feel free to fire in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Firstly , I thank you for contributing @Cruyff

Secondly, always feel free to fire in. 

The hilarity laughing gif has become a symbol of snp failure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
40 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Would you have said the same about Labour before?

Are Labour now no longer finished?

Are the Tories the party with power in Scotland now?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Are Labour now no longer finished?

Are the Tories the party with power in Scotland now?

 

I think you are doing 'whatabouterry' here.

 

Fair play to you.

 

But the descent of the SNP started a long time ago. The SNP are finished, imo, there is no energy in a single one of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
20 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I think you are doing 'whatabouterry' here.

 

Fair play to you.

 

But the descent of the SNP started a long time ago. The SNP are finished, imo, there is no energy in a single one of them.

I'm just trying to figure out who is going to win the next election.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
Just now, hughesie27 said:

I'm just trying to figure out who is going to win the next election.

Well, its not going to be Nicola Sturgeon. And it's not going to be "Scotland votes to be Independent'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Firstly , I thank you for contributing @Cruyff

Secondly, always feel free to fire in. 

I'm not an SNP supporter, I think they are fecking useless beyond comprehension, in fact I hate them all, all the parties, I hate politics and politicians but I want Independence for Scotland and will keep voting SNP until that happens. 

 

They are clearly not finished however. They just got 45% of the vote in Scotland at the last General election. Boris's tories with a ridiculous majority got 42.4% of the vote in the entire UK and that was in a GE where people weren't voting for a Scottish Government. 

 

So to suggest the SNP are finished is a baseless delusion and wishful thinking from British Nationalists. 👍 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zlatanable said:

Well, its not going to be Nicola Sturgeon. And it's not going to be "Scotland votes to be Independent'.

Correct. 

 

Scotland does very well out of being part of the good force big picture UK. 

 

Small time nationalism is very very bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm not an SNP supporter, I think they are fecking useless beyond comprehension, in fact I hate them all, all the parties, I hate politics and politicians but I want Independence for Scotland and will keep voting SNP until that happens. 

 

They are clearly not finished however. They just got 45% of the vote in Scotland at the last General election. Boris's tories with a ridiculous majority got 42.4% of the vote in the entire UK and that was in a GE where people weren't voting for a Scottish Government. 

 

So to suggest the SNP are finished is a baseless delusion and wishful thinking from British Nationalists. 👍 

We are far far better remaining part of the big picture UK. Small time nationalism is a curse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JustinT said:

We are far far better remaining part of the big picture UK. Small time nationalism is a curse.

Compared to your big time Nationalism? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
Just now, Cruyff said:

I'm not an SNP supporter, I think they are fecking useless beyond comprehension, in fact I hate them all, all the parties, I hate politics and politicians but I want Independence for Scotland and will keep voting SNP until that happens. 

 

They are clearly not finished however. They just got 45% of the vote in Scotland at the last General election. Boris's tories with a ridiculous majority got 42.4% of the vote in the entire UK and that was in a GE where people weren't voting for a Scottish Government. 

 

So to suggest the SNP are finished is a baseless delusion and wishful thinking from British Nationalists. 👍 

thanks for the chat @Cruyff 

 

but the SNP are done, and Scottish Nationalism is done, for now, 

(personally, I hope it never comes back. Its stupid, cruel, and empty, imo)

 

I cannot see how The SNP regains honour, or how Scotland becomes Independent in the future decades.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I'm just trying to figure out who is going to win the next election.

The Snp are working within the big UK budget. Could you outline what the budget would be if going it alone? The last time the UK was considering going it alone the leader of the Snp was 'allegedly also going it alone'?

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
1 minute ago, JustinT said:

The Snp are working within the big UK budget. Could you outline what the budget would be if going it alone? The last time the UK was considering going it alone the leader of the Snp was 'allegedly also going it alone'?

Do I want to get into a debate about indy2 at 2 in the morning? No.

I just find it interesting that a party who just over 2 months ago won 45% of the Scottish vote in a GE are now suddenly finished and will not win their next Scottish election.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Compared to your big time Nationalism? 

Is that what Snp nationalists resort to these days? Pretending that those who are content with the UK are as nasty as the nats are? Pathetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Do I want to get into a debate about indy2 at 2 in the morning? No.

I just find it interesting that a party who just over 2 months ago won 45% of the Scottish vote in a GE are now suddenly finished and will not win their next Scottish election.
 

You are not paying attention to power, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zlatanable said:

thanks for the chat @Cruyff 

 

but the SNP are done, and Scottish Nationalism is done, for now, 

(personally, I hope it never comes back. Its stupid, cruel, and empty, imo)

 

I cannot see how The SNP regains honour, or how Scotland becomes Independent in the future decades.  

You must live in your own wee bubble if that's what you think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Do I want to get into a debate about indy2 at 2 in the morning? No.

I just find it interesting that a party who just over 2 months ago won 45% of the Scottish vote in a GE are now suddenly finished and will not win their next Scottish election.
 

Any party is welcome at trying to win the Holyrood parliament majority as part of UK devolution. 

 

We the Scots voted just a few years ago decisively to remain as part of the big UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
Just now, JustinT said:

Any party is welcome at trying to win the Holyrood parliament majority as part of UK devolution. 

 

We the Scots voted just a few years ago decisively to remain as part of the big UK.

Aye, but you said the SNP won't win.

Who will?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Aye, but you said the SNP won't win.

Who will?

Wrong. 

 

They are though on the way down, no doubt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustinT said:

Is that what Snp nationalists resort to these days? Pretending that those who are content with the UK are as nasty as the nats are? Pathetic.

You don't half talk some shite. If you're just 'content' then I'm the Sultan of Brunei. 👍 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

thanks for the chat @Cruyff 

 

but the SNP are done, and Scottish Nationalism is done, for now, 

(personally, I hope it never comes back. Its stupid, cruel, and empty, imo)

 

I cannot see how The SNP regains honour, or how Scotland becomes Independent in the future decades.  

 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You must live in your own wee bubble if that's what you think. 

do you remember #45?

 

I do. The numbers haven't progressed from that, really, in 5 years.

 

The game is up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
22 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I'm just trying to figure out who is going to win the next election.

 

19 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Well, its not going to be Nicola Sturgeon. And it's not going to be "Scotland votes to be Independent'.

 

16 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Correct. 

 

Scotland does very well out of being part of the good force big picture UK. 

 

Small time nationalism is very very bad.

 

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Aye, but you said the SNP won't win.

Who will?

 

2 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Wrong. 

 

They are though on the way down, no doubt. 



To me, a stupid wee Nat. It looks very much like you said the SNP won't win.

Pay attention at the back. 

 

It's been emotional.

 

Good night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zlatanable said:

 

do you remember #45?

 

I do. The numbers haven't progressed from that, really, in 5 years.

 

The game is up. 

You're not seeing the bigger picture here. 

Support for Independence has grown tenfold over the last 20 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cruyff said:

You don't half talk some shite. If you're just 'content' then I'm the Sultan of Brunei. 👍 

That's the sound of those who have lost any semblance of reason and debate. The Snp and its separatists will always lose the debate and revert to nonsense and insults as they're a very nasty bunch of small time extremist nationalists. People should turn away from their hatred and flag waving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

 

 

 

 



To me, a stupid wee Nat. It looks very much like you said the SNP won't win.

Pay attention at the back. 

 

It's been emotional.

 

Good night.

Well, @hughesie27 , I thik Nicola Sturgeon, and Alex Salmond, are never going to win Scottish Independence, by being not good and half arsed.

Maybe you have a wider circle of acceptance than most people. 

 

But I am quite confident that the SNP is toast. 

Edited by Zlatanable
Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You're not seeing the bigger picture here. 

Support for Independence has grown tenfold over the last 20 years.

Well, I'm wrong , and you are correct. 

Thanks for replying

Please spare a thought for me in the inevitable indy Scotland, that defo won't be happening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JustinT said:

That's the sound of those who have lost any semblance of reason and debate. The Snp and its separatists will always lose the debate and revert to nonsense and insults as they're a very nasty bunch of small time extremist nationalists. People should turn away from their hatred and flag waving.

Give it a rest mate, do you think I zip up the back? I can smell that you're a British Nationalist from miles away. You're fooling no one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Well, I'm wrong , and you are correct. 

Thanks for replying

Please spare a thought for me in the inevitable indy Scotland, that defo won't be happening. 

I'm sure the Brit Nats were saying the same thing about Devolution in the 60's onwards. 

The demographics are against you. 

Just like they are for the Loyalists in N. Ire. Another inevitability. 

Don't be on the wrong side of History. 👍 

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I am talking about power, @AlphonseCapone and the waste of it

 

FWIW, I do very much think the SNP has stagnated and their record in education and health is pretty appalling.

 

Unfortunately, they'll continue to dominate until independence happens because lots of people will vote for them until that outcome is achieved, and I need to admit that I'm one of them. That might sound ridiculous to unionist ears but I just cannot in good conscious vote for a party that supports the Union as that position goes against my fundamental beliefs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure the Brit Nats were saying the same thing about Devolution in the 60's onwards. 

The demographics are against you. 

Just like they are for the Loyalists in N. Ire. Another inevitability. 

Don't be on the wrong side of History. 👍 

I don't have to listen to a single thing you say.

You are on the losing side .

 

Its done and done, 

You lost for this reason-> you  stopped listening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

FWIW, I do very much think the SNP has stagnated and their record in education and health is pretty appalling.

 

Unfortunately, they'll continue to dominate until independence happens because lots of people will vote for them until that outcome is achieved, and I need to admit that I'm one of them. That might sound ridiculous to unionist ears but I just cannot in good conscious vote for a party that supports the Union as that position goes against my fundamental beliefs.

Vote anyway you want @AlphonseCapone , Scotland won't vote to become independent as far as I can see. 

 

If you, and your brethren and sistren, continue to vote for for people, that are quite clearly, shan. Thats all about you and yours.

 

At some stage, people will stand up to such things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

I don’t see how they’re finished bearing in mind the last election results.

Alex Salmond’s days of showering alone are nearly finished though

Link to post
Share on other sites
Del Monty
16 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

FWIW, I do very much think the SNP has stagnated and their record in education and health is pretty appalling.

 

Unfortunately, they'll continue to dominate until independence happens because lots of people will vote for them until that outcome is achieved, and I need to admit that I'm one of them. That might sound ridiculous to unionist ears but I just cannot in good conscious vote for a party that supports the Union as that position goes against my fundamental beliefs.

Words fail me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t see how they’re finished bearing in mind the last election results.

Alex Salmond’s days of showering alone are nearly finished though

The Rise and Fall of the SNP = 2007-2020 in power, but failed to convince the people that live  in Scotland, in 13 years, that Independence was worthwhile. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I don't have to listen to a single thing you say.

You are on the losing side .

 

Its done and done, 

You lost for this reason-> you  stopped listening. 

Of course you don't.

 

Here's some historic polling for you on Independence and Devolution pre Devo. 

 

Looks familiar. 

 

Screenshot_20200222-023321.thumb.png.e07d460f46ccdb926b3f16820845b1cd.png

Screenshot_20200222-023336.thumb.png.86d091a4b4b93bf4583622a754b651e1.png

Screenshot_20200222-023357.thumb.png.e7eb399637d08795f3d8198f49d74f04.png

Screenshot_20200222-023411.thumb.png.97b0abcc01dbcfd4b7c70443c21f2fd5.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
Just now, Cruyff said:

Of course you don't.

 

Here's some historic polling for you on Independence and Devolution pre Devo. 

 

Looks familiar. 

 

Screenshot_20200222-023321.thumb.png.e07d460f46ccdb926b3f16820845b1cd.png

Screenshot_20200222-023336.thumb.png.86d091a4b4b93bf4583622a754b651e1.png

Screenshot_20200222-023357.thumb.png.e7eb399637d08795f3d8198f49d74f04.png

Screenshot_20200222-023411.thumb.png.97b0abcc01dbcfd4b7c70443c21f2fd5.png

 

Power is not numbers in an opinion poll.

Never has been. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
15 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Vote anyway you want @AlphonseCapone , Scotland won't vote to become independent as far as I can see. 

 

If you, and your brethren and sistren, continue to vote for for people, that are quite clearly, shan. Thats all about you and yours.

 

At some stage, people will stand up to such things. 

 

That's fine. I'm utterly comfortable with my choices. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...