Play Off Nightmare

grumpyespana

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There are only 3 points between the bottom 3 with 11 games to play. We are surely aiming higher than a playoff spot

Based on what ? Not seeing it mate. We have just had the run of games that were meant to provide the points to do that. We are heading for leaner points fixtures now IMO.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Meadows said:

WeVe had so many false dawns it’s scary.

Teams like Hamilton ,St Mirren etc know at the start of the season they are in for a fight and prepare accordingly. 
The OP has a valid point , our pampered over rated and over paid players are in for a fright ! 

Body language is starting to wane. DS job to motivate and lead. We wait in hope. 10th will do. Halving our goals against column, and keeping Boyce and Naismith on pitch should be enough. Tactical revelation.

Surviving relegation on the last game of the season and then winning a playoff would make amazing TV, imagine then we had a TV crew filming us and we got to see all the behind the scenes details.......

😂😂

Tokyo Drifter
12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There are only 3 points between the bottom 3 with 11 games to play. We are surely aiming higher than a playoff spot

I honestly think we'll struggle to get into 10th place. I'll take the play off spot. Think we'd walk it.

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Based on what ? Not seeing it mate. We have just had the run of games that were meant to provide the pointsto do that. We are heading for leaner points fixtures now IMO.

The remaining pre split fixtures are:

St Mirren (away - date to be confirmed)

Hibernian (away)

Motherwell (home)

Livingston (away)

Ross County (home)

Aberdeen (away)

We need to be looking to win both home fixtures and possibly two of the 4 away fixtures remaining, or one plus three draws. Post split will then take care of itself but I'd like to see us go into these fixtures in 10th place at least

The only nightmare relating to the play-off would be us not being able to get into it.     Play-off dream would be us being able to avoid it.    I see Jammy's logic that we might be in precarious form because of our inability to finish higher than 11th but I still think we can win a play-off.

All the chest thumping about us supposedly easily finishing 9th or 10th is just total bollocks.     Here's the news... that kind of rhetoric doesn't make you a proper fan,   or a winner.    It's empty mumbo jumbo.     The day that supporters with a huge WINNIN MENTALITEH play our games for us then it might mean something.    Until such a time,   STFU and stop your preening nonsense.

Our trajectory is a 50/50 call between the play-off and 12th.    If we improve then great.    Wonderful.    If we don't then we aint finishing 10th.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Hobos were 2-0 up from the away leg, Hibz it again, tbh i think we will finish above liedown

and hamilton.

Me too though I’m not basing it on any actual evidence just blind faith 

31 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The remaining pre split fixtures are:

St Mirren (away - date to be confirmed)

Hibernian (away)

Motherwell (home)

Livingston (away)

Ross County (home)

Aberdeen (away)

We need to be looking to win both home fixtures and possibly two of the 4 away fixtures remaining, or one plus three draws. Post split will then take care of itself but I'd like to see us go into these fixtures in 10th place at least

In current form

St Mirren (away) - 1 point

Hibernian (away) - 0 points

Motherwell (home) - 1 point

Livingston (away) - 0 points

Ross County (home) - 3 points

Aberdeen (away) - 0 points

5 points from 18. Not even convinced we’d beat county at home but should be capable of a win across those 6. 

11/18 is possible if we pick up form, and likely will be required if we want a safety net going into the split.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

42 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Surviving relegation on the last game of the season and then winning a playoff would make amazing TV, imagine then we had a TV crew filming us and we got to see all the behind the scenes details.......

😂😂

What a money-spinner that play-off would be! ;)

Personally, I can see us getting 11th and surviving by winning the play-off. I don't mind that. As long as we survive in the Premiership, I'm fine with how we do it.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

I posted in December that we could be still bottom well into February. and fans need to stop hitting panic buttons.

We had good performances against Aberdeen then getting a real bonus against Rangers.

unfortunately, as I said back then, we have to learn how to win again,.

Getting ahead at Perth, then shocking 2nd half. deplorable against Ross Co & Killie.

The start against Hamilton last week. enough chances to win the game twice over.

Probably glad it was off last night, I think we need big Toby in the engine room from now on in.

Got to positive folks and try and get that feeling onto the pitch.

we will get through this, but we must make sure our best team is on the park and get winning again.

Good post. Not going to lie, with Boyce and Sibbick being doubts I'm quite happy with the call off. Can't afford to chuck more points away atm.

59 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The only nightmare relating to the play-off would be us not being able to get into it.     Play-off dream would be us being able to avoid it.    I see Jammy's logic that we might be in precarious form because of our inability to finish higher than 11th but I still think we can win a play-off.

All the chest thumping about us supposedly easily finishing 9th or 10th is just total bollocks.     Here's the news... that kind of rhetoric doesn't make you a proper fan,   or a winner.    It's empty mumbo jumbo.     The day that supporters with a huge WINNIN MENTALITEH play our games for us then it might mean something.    Until such a time,   STFU and stop your preening nonsense.

Our trajectory is a 50/50 call between the play-off and 12th.    If we improve then great.    Wonderful.    If we don't then we aint finishing 10th.

Very well said. It's nauseating the amount of empty rhetoric pumped out by the usual few on here. We ALL support the club and team in our own various ways but those that peddle the constant myth of us progressing to any noticeable extent are delusional. They are still at it despite their ridiculous assertions, such as,

- Levien will get us out of this

- we'll finish top 4 no problem

- it's the injuries to blame

- top 6 is a stick on

- nah, we'll still get top 6. anyone says otherwise is a drama queen, pant wetter, hobo, etc etc

- we'll be best of the rest

- next 4,5,6, games and we'll be clear of relegation

- no chance will we be in the Play-offs

- we'll beat St J in Perth, Kilmarnock at Tynie, Hamilton at Tynie etc etc

- still 33 points to play for we'll be well clear.....

Absolutely let's all get behind the team to do everything we can to keep us up but it is down to Stendel and the players more than anyone else now. If they don't keep us up every single one of them should be chased out the club.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

😂😂

Especially if we win the cup and parade it around Tynecastle after with Harry Redknapp in the background, TV company dodging paying an appearance fee

13 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

Just watched the Dundee un game on TV and it had me thinking what if we ended up in the play off and got Inverness Caley, it will be like there cup final with a few ex Hearts players and manager in there ranks if it was me I would be playing out my skin to prove us wrong for getting rid of those players.

Dundee with Hamilton, Berra and Callachan is another possibility.

I’ve watched a fair bit of the championship football with the Friday night show. They play decent football get stuck in and get the ball into the box. ICT lack that extra bit quality DU have in Shankland aside from that they’re evenly matched. They’d cause us problems that’s for sure.

7 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Very well said. It's nauseating the amount of empty rhetoric pumped out by the usual few on here. We ALL support the club and team in our own various ways but those that peddle the constant myth of us progressing to any noticeable extent are delusional. They are still at it despite their ridiculous assertions, such as,

- top 6 is a stick on

- nah, we'll still get top 6. anyone says otherwise is a drama queen, pant wetter, hobo, etc etc

Absolutely let's all get behind the team to do everything we can to keep us up but it is down to Stendel and the players more than anyone else now. If they don't keep us up every single one of them should be chased out the club.

This.

The same people who are doom and gloom Post defeats are the same people telling everyone we wont be in the playoff.

Our last league away win was 12months ago......still we wont be bottom or even in the playoff.

The club has an enormous task to get us out of this.

2 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

- top 6 is a stick on

Correct.

People need to compartmentalise the (correct) belief that we SHOULD do this,  be that,  be better than this team,  blooter that team,   from the reality that we're not in a position to DELIVER on what we should be doing.

But if any of them can credibly explain how they intend to project their notional beliefs on to our players' characters then I will take some notice.

Demand that we return to our place in the order of football.    Support us while we're dog shite.

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Hobos were 2-0 up from the away leg, Hibz it again, tbh i think we will finish above liedown

and hamilton.

we'll have a better idea by Tuesday night as both play Motherwell by then  

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

In current form

St Mirren (away) - 1 point

Hibernian (away) - 0 points

Motherwell (home) - 1 point

Livingston (away) - 0 points

Ross County (home) - 3 points

Aberdeen (away) - 0 points

5 points from 18. Not even convinced we’d beat county at home but should be capable of a win across those 6. 

11/18 is possible if we pick up form, and likely will be required if we want a safety net going into the split.

Agreed, tho i could see us struggle to get a point against Motherwell, yet nick a pt at Methadome. Finishing 10th may be beyond us. One win changes everyting however.....now lets set up to gain pts in a relegation battle, and not some experiment to satisfy reputations or egos.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Me too though I’m not basing it on any actual evidence just blind faith 

Blind faith is better than none bud, onwards and upwards :).

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, eyesandears said:

- top 6 is a stick on

You forgot how high we would be flying if folks hadnt done some booing last September.

Every chance Hamilton will beat 10 man Well just now and we will be 4pts adrift again. I really didn’t fancy our chances last night and was delighted it was postponed if nothing else a few of the missing will be fit when it’s rescheduled. I just struggle to see where our points are coming from to overhaul teams above. I’m desperately trying to see a chink of light somewhere. Any pointers would be great. 

Today's results should erase any lingering daydreams about us finishing 9th.     That was already an airy fairy notion.     

Have a look back at the recent games of St.Mirren and Hamilton.     They're not teams who are often beaten easily.   Or even comfortably.    They're both highly competitive.

We might improve enough to get 10th but the odds are currently against it.

8 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I posted in December that we could be still bottom well into February. and fans need to stop hitting panic buttons.

We had good performances against Aberdeen then getting a real bonus against Rangers.

unfortunately, as I said back then, we have to learn how to win again,.

Getting ahead at Perth, then shocking 2nd half. deplorable against Ross Co & Killie.

The start against Hamilton last week. enough chances to win the game twice over.

Probably glad it was off last night, I think we need big Toby in the engine room from now on in.

Got to positive folks and try and get that feeling onto the pitch.

we will get through this, but we must make sure our best team is on the park and get winning again.

I hope at the end of the season you are going to come back very smugly and say "I told your so"

I would like to say that if we get into a playoff position we will overwhelm the opposition with our quality.. 

but i'm so not confident about that now. 

We need to start picking up points and leave the fighting to the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren. 

38 minutes ago, H2 said:

I hope at the end of the season you are going to come back very smugly and say "I told your so"

Brutally honest, I'm not as confident as I'd like to be.

We should have bounced from the Victory over Rangers, but we fell flat.

7 hours ago, eyesandears said:

- top 6 is a stick on

Hear" hear"👏👏👏

Do we have a clause in Berra’s loan deal that he can’t play against us?!? Because otherwise if we end up in the play offs it could be either Robbo or Berra that relegate us.....🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, 77Mackay77 said:

Do we have a clause in Berra’s loan deal that he can’t play against us?!? Because otherwise if we end up in the play offs it could be either Robbo or Berra that relegate us.....🤦‍♂️

i know what you’re saying, but it would the management of the club over the last couple of seasons that would see us relegated 

11 hours ago, eyesandears said:

- top 6 is a stick on

Spot on!