Jump to content
grumpyespana

Play Off Nightmare

Recommended Posts

grumpyespana

Just watched the Dundee un game on TV and it had me thinking what if we ended up in the play off and got Inverness Caley, it will be like there cup final with a few ex Hearts players and manager in there ranks if it was me I would be playing out my skin to prove us wrong for getting rid of those players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham

They are ex Hearts for a reason and if we failed over two legs then we deserve everything we get it...the only goal right now is to get ourselves up the table into a spot that would allow us entry to the playoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

.the only goal right now is to get ourselves up the table into a spot that would allow us entry to the playoff.

There are only 3 points between the bottom 3 with 11 games to play. We are surely aiming higher than a playoff spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whodanny

We can finish in tenth or above. Hold on to that. Needless worrying just now will make you ill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot

Only Be a "nightmare" due to our fixture clash with the sc final. 

👍

 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There are only 3 points between the bottom 3 with 11 games to play. We are surely aiming higher than a playoff spot

 

One step at a time...we have been attempting to aim higher for a while now...

 

Get off the bottom first...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

We can finish in tenth or above. Hold on to that. Needless worrying just now will make you ill.

 

Of course we can...winning the occasional match would help though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

The polite response is we have a lot of shite bags as 'supporters'. 

 

33 points to play for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rick witter
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

 

One step at a time...we have been attempting to aim higher for a while now...

 

Get off the bottom first...

Spot on. We need to get off the bottom of the table ASAP. We desperately need Hamilton to lose tomorrow as we don’t want them to open up a gap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whodanny
1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

 

Of course we can...winning the occasional match would help though...

Absolutely, and where better to start than fester rd ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The polite response is we have a lot of shite bags as 'supporters'. 

 

33 points to play for. 

 

True.  But many of our players are also shite bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Just watched the Dundee un game on TV and it had me thinking what if we ended up in the play off and got Inverness Caley, it will be like there cup final with a few ex Hearts players and manager in there ranks if it was me I would be playing out my skin to prove us wrong for getting rid of those players.

 

Levein, over two cup matches, managed an 8-0 aggregate win over ICT. Surely we would win a play off against them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Only Be a "nightmare" due to our fixture clash with the sc final. 

👍

 

 

:spoton:

 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The polite response is we have a lot of shite bags as 'supporters'. 

 

33 points to play for. 

 

:spoton:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye

We're not making the play offs. 

 

Close thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

We're not making the play offs. 

 

Close thread.

:yas:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whodanny
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

We're not making the play offs. 

 

Close thread.

By that you mean we finish above 11th I take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Of The Cat Cafe
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The polite response is we have a lot of shite bags as 'supporters'. 

 

33 points to play for. 

 

We have taken seven points from the last 33.  Going to need to double that - at least - from the next 33.

 

Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whodanny
1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

 

We have taken seven points from the last 33.  Going to need to double that - at least - from the next 33.

 

Just saying.

You're right of course, but we as supporters have to be positive. Negativity from the fans will translate to the team, they have to know we're behind them and they might just give their all. I know from recent performances thats hard to believe, but the noise inside Tynie v sevco was phenomenal and I'm sure it spurred the boys on to that win. We have to be that positive for every game. It looks like my next league game will be the home game v Motherwell on 7th of March, who knows what our situation will be then, but I will be right up for the game and will be screaming myself hoarse to encourage our boys to a win. We have to support our club, if we give up then all is lost. We WILL stay up. !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Only Be a "nightmare" due to our fixture clash with the sc final. 

👍

 

Correct but we will be miles clear of relegation by then and our sole focus will be the Sunday parade.

 

Wonder who we'll get in the final?  ICT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874

Still think we'll finish above Hamilton, st lie down and Ross County 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

The Championship is shite this season. United are average at best yet miles ahead.

 

Whoever from the Premiership is in the playoff will stay up.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whodanny
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Still think we'll finish above Hamilton, st lie down and Ross County 

:yas:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

I only realised this week how tight the championship is after dundee utd. There's a very slight possibility of Arbroath passing us on the way down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustinT
22 minutes ago, whodanny said:

You're right of course, but we as supporters have to be positive. Negativity from the fans will translate to the team, they have to know we're behind them and they might just give their all. I know from recent performances thats hard to believe, but the noise inside Tynie v sevco was phenomenal and I'm sure it spurred the boys on to that win. We have to be that positive for every game. It looks like my next league game will be the home game v Motherwell on 7th of March, who knows what our situation will be then, but I will be right up for the game and will be screaming myself hoarse to encourage our boys to a win. We have to support our club, if we give up then all is lost. We WILL stay up. !

Great post!

 

Its what supporting a club is all about. 

 

Criticism is all well and fine especially when results aren't going our way but we'll continue to turn out in big numbers and hopefully give the team the backing that will help us stay up. The rebuild will take place in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I only realised this week how tight the championship is after dundee utd. There's a very slight possibility of Arbroath passing us on the way down. 

 

Imagine us being relegated automatically and arbroath winning the play off. 

 

 

 

8260151447_1015ba9145_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

Last year the charity bet was Levein v Clarke,  maybe this year Stendel v Rice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

Hibs v Hamilton was a play off nightmare.

It was also a Lolocaust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whodanny
5 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Great post!

 

Its what supporting a club is all about. 

 

Criticism is all well and fine especially when results aren't going our way but we'll continue to turn out in big numbers and hopefully give the team the backing that will help us stay up. The rebuild will take place in the summer.

I may be naive, but every game I go to I believe we will win. That means I'm often disappointed, but I'm never disillusioned, I believe in our football club, I wouldn't have signed up to FOH if I didn't. Following the Hearts has given me some of the best days of my life. I could never afford to follow the team abroad when we were in Europe, frustratingly, now I can afford that sort of thing, we're not there !. I remember walking along Dalry Road on my way to the Bayern Munich Uefa cup quarter 31 years ago, I was saying to everyone that night, "we can win this !"  We know what happened, and we nearly got the goal in Germany that would take us to a European semi. I believe in Heart of Midlothian, I have to, it's my club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustinT
23 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I may be naive, but every game I go to I believe we will win. That means I'm often disappointed, but I'm never disillusioned, I believe in our football club, I wouldn't have signed up to FOH if I didn't. Following the Hearts has given me some of the best days of my life. I could never afford to follow the team abroad when we were in Europe, frustratingly, now I can afford that sort of thing, we're not there !. I remember walking along Dalry Road on my way to the Bayern Munich Uefa cup quarter 31 years ago, I was saying to everyone that night, "we can win this !"  We know what happened, and we nearly got the goal in Germany that would take us to a European semi. I believe in Heart of Midlothian, I have to, it's my club.

Excellent post. Supporters support the team but I know many who attend every game and do nothing but shout abuse at the players from kick off until full time no matter the scoreline. It never ceases to amaze me. But each to their own as long as they;re paying their funds into the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whodanny
2 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Excellent post. Supporters support the team but I know many who attend every game and do nothing but shout abuse at the players from kick off until full time no matter the scoreline. It never ceases to amaze me. But each to their own as long as they;re paying their funds into the club. 

If a player is having a 'mare, I don't abuse him but try to shout something like " c'mon Naisy you're better than that" (putting it politely) I don't get on a players back, it'll just make matters worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88

I thought we were still aiming to sneak into the Top 6?. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HillmanHearts

Was wondering that too.

 

In the position we are in and the uncertainty of our actual ability to be able to scrap for points, I think I'm almost getting to the place that I'd take a play off.

 

 

Edited by HillmanHearts
Not reading the op properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustinT
15 minutes ago, whodanny said:

If a player is having a 'mare, I don't abuse him but try to shout something like " c'mon Naisy you're better than that" (putting it politely) I don't get on a players back, it'll just make matters worse.

I'm the exact same as you mate, I'd rather shout encouragement but often find myself in the minority and outshouted by those who get up out of their seats to scream abuse instead. Each to their own though I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
obua

Anyone else thinking we are holding out for a money spinning play off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, whodanny said:

If a player is having a 'mare, I don't abuse him but try to shout something like " c'mon Naisy you're better than that" (putting it politely) I don't get on a players back, it'll just make matters worse.

 

 

This in spades.

I may say a quiet FFS, but I would never abuse one of our players.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambocub
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The polite response is we have a lot of shite bags as 'supporters'. 

 

33 points to play for. 

How points have we picked up in the last 33 games never mind points..to come out saying the supporters are shite bags us another new level of crazyness on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T

I don’t want a play off

 

If we haven’t improved enough to avoid the play offs by the end of the season then the playoff will be 50/50 IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
5 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

Just watched the Dundee un game on TV and it had me thinking what if we ended up in the play off and got Inverness Caley, it will be like there cup final with a few ex Hearts players and manager in there ranks if it was me I would be playing out my skin to prove us wrong for getting rid of those players.

There are a lot of games before this.

Should this occur, its like any game where Hearts play

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alicante jambo

There is one thing for sure there is a lot more interest and excitement this year than the previous years. Remember the last few seasons saying feck this better just finishing the season now. Well lets pit it this way we are no mid table shite the now we are in deep shite. This will be one of the most memorable seasons for a long time good or bad. My prediction is we will do enough to be away from the play offs.Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rick witter
7 hours ago, neilnunb said:

The Championship is shite this season. United are average at best yet miles ahead.

 

Whoever from the Premiership is in the playoff will stay up.

 

 

 

Yet we couldn’t beat United. At home. 
At least if we get a playoff we have a chance of staying up and will have got off the bottom. I would take that right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

Our 5 year plan nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finlay James
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Our 5 year plan nightmare.

 

No, the wee team got out the championship in 3 years mate, not 5.  I realise they're pish but give them credit where it's due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There are only 3 points between the bottom 3 with 11 games to play. We are surely aiming higher than a playoff spot

exactly, some folk are just so doom and gloom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rubyruby

I,d hate for us to be relegated by Robbo & im sure he would hate that too but ICT are his priority & if he got them up then i would be happy for HIM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meadows

WeVe had so many false dawns it’s scary.

Teams like Hamilton ,St Mirren etc know at the start of the season they are in for a fight and prepare accordingly. 
The OP has a valid point , our pampered over rated and over paid players are in for a fright ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mac80
10 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

Just watched the Dundee un game on TV and it had me thinking what if we ended up in the play off and got Inverness Caley, it will be like there cup final with a few ex Hearts players and manager in there ranks if it was me I would be playing out my skin to prove us wrong for getting rid of those players.


it would be our cup final to though!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Hibs v Hamilton was a play off nightmare.

It was also a Lolocaust

Hobos were 2-0 up from the away leg, Hibz it again, tbh i think we will finish above liedown

and hamilton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

exactly, some folk are just so doom and gloom.

 

Just sprayed my Midori all over the keyboard. 

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamie86
8 hours ago, obua said:

Anyone else thinking we are holding out for a money spinning play off.

Yeah that's it, that was the plan all along! Who needs a top 3/4 finish when we can rake it in in a playoff against ICT or whoever finishes 2nd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown

I posted in December that we could be still bottom well into February. and fans need to stop hitting panic buttons.

 

We had good performances against Aberdeen then getting a real bonus against Rangers.

unfortunately, as I said back then, we have to learn how to win again,.

 

Getting ahead at Perth, then shocking 2nd half. deplorable against Ross Co & Killie.

The start against Hamilton last week. enough chances to win the game twice over.

 

Probably glad it was off last night, I think we need big Toby in the engine room from now on in.

 

Got to positive folks and try and get that feeling onto the pitch.

we will get through this, but we must make sure our best team is on the park and get winning again.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Popular Now

×
×
  • Create New...