Jump to content
Bunny Munro

Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Recommended Posts

Jambof3tornado

Sevco not going to offer a real fight for the title so its vital they reach the cup final.

 

Operation bluenose is in full swing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sorry, but 2 wins from 4 against lower teams is not acceptable. Especially the manner of the wins. At least DS pur Airdrie to the sword.


Only thing that matters in a cup game is winning. We were diabolical at Falkirk, no complaints from me because we won!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sevco not going to offer a real fight for the title so its vital they reach the cup final.

 

Operation bluenose is in full swing.

Did you see the Keating's red card in the Challenge Cup s/f btw? Ludicrous. 

 

I think it is pretty clear there is a problem at Hearts. And it's beginning to remind me of the early Romanov times, when there were certain people that rated Glasgow higher than they rated Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bunny Munro
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


Only thing that matters in a cup game is winning. We were diabolical at Falkirk, no complaints from me because we won!

Totally, but we're not talking about a straight knockout cup competition. Our inability to qualify as a seeded team could have cost us dear, it was only luck that we tied with Motherwell. Could have easily been Ibrox or Parkhead. 

 

Whilst in this occasion qualifying unseeded was enough, that was down to luck of the draw. I stand by our performance in the group stages was unacceptable and dont think that because we managed to get past Motherwell in the next round should change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sun online running an article that half the players are fed up with Stendels man management and communication skills.

 

"It is understood some players struggle to make sense of Stendel’s instructions on how he wants them to play.

Others are bitter over being dumped when they don’t immediately deliver."

 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5293264/hearts-stendel-battle-win-over-players/

 

Yes I know it's the Sun...

 

Doesn't matter which paper it is but when the open words are " X (i.e. the paper in question) understands....." you immediately feel they don't know at all and are guessing. I then read on further and quickly came to the conclusion the wording sounded awfully similar to something posted on here a couple of days back. What I would say is that if some of the players don't understand what they are being told to do all it does is confirm what a lot of people often say, i.e. that football players aren't the brightest scones on the planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToadKiller Dog

**** the sun, horrible rag that sows division and hate  in all parts of society.

This is all about creating discontent and division ,playing on peoples xenophobia about foreign managers reminds me of the way Vogts was treated .

We need to stick together  .

Need to stop the constant doom and gloom ,negativity wont change attitudes or improve things .

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deodato
56 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's what it's all about isn't it you hold a grudge because Levein got sacked, utterly pathetic I admire Levein as the player but unfortunately it's 

 

 

 

I saw him yesterday, albeit in a much happier mood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


We won our League Cup group, then beat Motherwell and Aberdeen to reach the semi finals. Levein’s Premiership form is fair game but his cup record is not!


Losing to East Fife on penalties was embarrassing, only drawing at home and winning on penalties against Dundee Utd was poor don’t you think?  Drawing against a shite Partick team and only scraping through the replay when the ref didn’t give them a last minute stone wall penalty - that was 2 more piss poor performances.  Aberdeen? Another draw!  We would probably have made the Scottish Cup final last year if you were the manager, given the draw we got!
 

How many times did we beat Rangers and Celtic in the cup under Levein?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten

 

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

**** me, these lazy pricks have been shite for almost a year before Stendel came to the club.

 

Boohoohoo someone's come in and upset their wee routine.

 

**** em all.

 

🤬

 

 

 

 

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sun online running an article that half the players are fed up with Stendels man management and communication skills.

 

"It is understood some players struggle to make sense of Stendel’s instructions on how he wants them to play.

Others are bitter over being dumped when they don’t immediately deliver."

 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5293264/hearts-stendel-battle-win-over-players/

 

Yes I know it's the Sun...

Fair dos. Sack Stendl now and get CL back because we never had these problems when CL was in charge.

 

Am I doing this right ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usagi
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

"Struggling to understand "........" communication skills "?? 

 

With one assistant that speaks near perfect English and another assistant that actually is English? You'll excuse me for thinking this story is bullshit. 

 

 

I was thinking the same, plenty language help if needed. I don't think the story is bs though, most likely players simply unable to adjust to the new systems and blaming the coaches for their lack of understanding. I'm sure it'll all come to the forefront soon enough. Hope the players have enough pride and care enough to get us out of this mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

**** the sun, horrible rag that sows division and hate  in all parts of society.

This is all about creating discontent and division ,playing on peoples xenophobia about foreign managers reminds me of the way Vogts was treated .

We need to stick together  .

Need to stop the constant doom and gloom ,negativity wont change attitudes or improve things .

 

 

 


It is a horrible rag but I’m not surprised at this story and suspect it’s true. I heard last week that he wasn’t liked by the players, not sure which ones but I think we can hazard a guess.  I hope it works out but it is looking more and more like another Cathro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


We won our League Cup group, then beat Motherwell and Aberdeen to reach the semi finals. Levein’s Premiership form is fair game but his cup record is not!

On that basis you don't agree with  CLs sacking ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, Deodato said:

I saw him yesterday, albeit in a much happier mood. 

Were you down for the Arsenal vs Newcastle game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


Losing to East Fife on penalties was embarrassing, only drawing at home and winning on penalties against Dundee Utd was poor don’t you think?  Drawing against a shite Partick team and only scraping through the replay when the ref didn’t give them a last minute stone wall penalty - that was 2 more piss poor performances.  Aberdeen? Another draw!  We would probably have made the Scottish Cup final last year if you were the manager, given the draw we got!
 

How many times did we beat Rangers and Celtic in the cup under Levein?


We didn’t play Rangers in the cup under Levein, so that’s a silly point to attempt to make. Celtic have won everything for years, hardly Levein’s fault. Only winning the game matters in cup football! We came pretty close to beating Celtic last May. Undone by individual errors, not tactics or formation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

On that basis you don't agree with  CLs sacking ? 


I don’t agree with the timing. Attempting to change our entire footballing philosophy and fight relegation, as predicted, is proving almost impossible to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Almost worth the relegation pain to say goodbye to the majority of this squad.

 

Cannot be arsed with them.

Ditto ,👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


I don’t agree with the timing. Attempting to change our entire footballing philosophy and fight relegation, as predicted, is proving almost impossible to do.

At what point do you think CL should have been sacked ? 

Edited by annushorribilis III

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


We didn’t play Rangers in the cup under Levein, so that’s a silly point to attempt to make. Celtic have won everything for years, hardly Levein’s fault. Only winning the game matters in cup football! We came pretty close to beating Celtic last May. Undone by individual errors, not tactics or formation.

But like you said in the previous sentence “Only winning the game matters in cup football” 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScoPo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Don’t immediately deliver? 😂 honestly I’ve no idea how Stendel will pan out long term.. 

 

but I would gladly see every single player at the club emptied with the exception of about 2.. 

 

sick of the sight of most of them

This.   I would take relegation if it meant getting rid of the most spineless squad of players ever assembled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

At what point do you think CL should have been sacked ? 


If we were going to make such a profound and fundamental change to our footballing style / philosophy, it had to happen at the very end of a season. That would give the new incumbent a full summer window, various friendlies and a League Cup group stage to fine tune and perfect the system. Whether that should have happened at the end of 2018/19 or 2019/20 season is the question. What is clear, to me anyway, is that it should not have happened in October / November. It would also have been beneficial for it not to have taken six weeks to get over the line.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


We didn’t play Rangers in the cup under Levein, so that’s a silly point to attempt to make. Celtic have won everything for years, hardly Levein’s fault. Only winning the game matters in cup football! We came pretty close to beating Celtic last May. Undone by individual errors, not tactics or formation.


So, such a great cup manager but he hasn’t beaten anyone of note then?  Partick came pretty close to beating us too. Got the same as us too, **** all!

 

Isn’t Stendel only being undone by individual errors or do individual errors only occur when Levein is manager?!

 

Honestly, it’s ****ing laughable on here! All the posters that stubbornly backed Levein until the bitter end, still sticking up for his pathetic record now but queuing up to take a pop at Stendel after 5 minutes!  Fwiw I don’t think Stendel will be here after the summer but at least give the guy a chance.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


If we were going to make such a profound and fundamental change to our footballing style / philosophy, it had to happen at the very end of a season. That would give the new incumbent a full summer window, various friendlies and a League Cup group stage to fine tune and perfect the system. Whether that should have happened at the end of 2018/19 or 2019/20 season is the question. What is clear, to me anyway, is that it should not have happened in October / November. It would also have been beneficial for it not to have taken six weeks to get over the line.


So you blame Budge rather than Levein for the mess we’re in?  Or is it the guy that’s only been here 5 minutes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:


So, such a great cup manager but he hasn’t beaten anyone of note then?  Partick came pretty close to beating us too. Got the same as too, **** all!

 

Isn’t Stendel only being undone by individual errors or do individual errors only occur when Levein is manager?!

 

Honestly, it’s ****ing laughable on here! All the posters that stubbornly backed Levein until the bitter end, still sticking up for his pathetic record now but queuing up to take a pop at Stendel after 5 minutes!  Fwiw I don’t think Stendel will be here after the summer but at least give the guy a chance.


Too late. I nailed my colours to the mast in December. I actually think he would have been a success, if he’d arrived in different circumstances. Agree he’ll be gone, one way or another.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:


So you blame Budge rather than Levein for the mess we’re in?  Or is it the guy that’s only been here 5 minutes?


I’ve got the benefit of hindsight to criticise the timing. Budge was under enormous pressure to act. It’s not really improving our situation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScoPo
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Exactly, there's absolutely zero evidence in the article. We can't say it's not true but what a shambles of an article. Worse than most of pish on here. 

 

This squad of players can quite frankly **** off with one or two exceptions. Charlatans who take a massive proportion of blame for where we are. 3 different managers this season, same shitebag performances under everyone of them. I couldn't detest this squad anymore if I wanted to. Embarrassed how much they've shamed our club. 

 

Couldn't agree more.  

 

Hearts should immediately release a statement backing their manager.   Anyone not happy, there's the door.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
22 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Fair dos. Sack Stendl now and get CL back because we never had these problems when CL was in charge.

 

Am I doing this right ?  

Rather extreme approach but perhaps that’s what it might take!

    But wait until after Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


If we were going to make such a profound and fundamental change to our footballing style / philosophy, it had to happen at the very end of a season. That would give the new incumbent a full summer window, various friendlies and a League Cup group stage to fine tune and perfect the system. Whether that should have happened at the end of 2018/19 or 2019/20 season is the question. What is clear, to me anyway, is that it should not have happened in October / November. It would also have been beneficial for it not to have taken six weeks to get over the line.

 

All fair points tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


If we were going to make such a profound and fundamental change to our footballing style / philosophy, it had to happen at the very end of a season. That would give the new incumbent a full summer window, various friendlies and a League Cup group stage to fine tune and perfect the system. Whether that should have happened at the end of 2018/19 or 2019/20 season is the question. What is clear, to me anyway, is that it should not have happened in October / November. It would also have been beneficial for it not to have taken six weeks to get over the line.

You categorically criticised the timing of the sacking. You then talk bollocks and  criticise the club for the time it took to appoint a replacement. !! 

 

 So many words to avoid your own ridiculous statement and you refuse to say when the club should have sacked him. 

 

FFS , buy a train set and give us a ****ing rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874

No idea if this story is true or not but what's not in doubt is these players performances have been shambolic for the past 18 months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Rather extreme approach but perhaps that’s what it might take!

    But wait until after Friday!

You've totally missed the point. 

But let's pray for 3 points on Friday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
Just now, annushorribilis III said:

You categorically criticised the timing of the sacking. You then talk bollocks and  criticise the club for the time it took to appoint a replacement. !! 

 

 So many words to avoid your own ridiculous statement and you refuse to say when the club should have sacked him. 

 

FFS , buy a train set and give us a ****ing rest. 


 If it hadn’t taken six weeks, the stendel

appointment would have happened at a different point in time, wouldn’t it? The point is, for Stendel’s plan to be implemented we needed a lot of time to realise it. It’s transpired that it happened at the exact wrong time. Even folk supporting Stendel must admit he would have been better appointed in the summer, with all

the inherent benefits that would have brought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You've totally missed the point. 

But let's pray for 3 points on Friday. 

🙏🏿
SOS (Save our Stendel!)

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


 If it hadn’t taken six weeks, the stendel

appointment would have happened at a different point in time, wouldn’t it? The point is, for Stendel’s plan to be implemented we needed a lot of time to realise it. It’s transpired that it happened at the exact wrong time. Even folk supporting Stendel must admit he would have been better appointed in the summer, with all

the inherent benefits that would have brought?

Go to bed.

But before you do, read that bullshit one more time and apply some critical analysis to it. 

"Even folk supporting Stendel must admit he would have been better appointed in the summer, with all

the inherent benefits that would have brought?"....so, that's not you then ? 

 

You don't agree with the timing of  his appointment and you don't support him ? Which part am I missing ? 

 

PS  less is more. 

 

 

Edited by annushorribilis III

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Go to bed.

But before you do, read that bullshit one more time and apply some critical analysis to it. 


Which part do you disagree with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Go to bed.

But before you do, read that bullshit one more time and apply some critical analysis to it. 

 

I've critically analysed it and there's not much wrong with what he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

🙏🏿
SOS (Save our Stendel!)

Amen !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

I've critically analysed it and there's not much wrong with what he said.

Cheers for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


 If it hadn’t taken six weeks, the stendel

appointment would have happened at a different point in time, wouldn’t it? The point is, for Stendel’s plan to be implemented we needed a lot of time to realise it. It’s transpired that it happened at the exact wrong time. Even folk supporting Stendel must admit he would have been better appointed in the summer, with all

the inherent benefits that would have brought?

Your right but possibly wrong! The assumption is that Stendels plan is practical!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


Which part do you disagree with?

None of it. It was just a wind up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Go to bed.

But before you do, read that bullshit one more time and apply some critical analysis to it. 

"Even folk supporting Stendel must admit he would have been better appointed in the summer, with all

the inherent benefits that would have brought?"....so, that's not you then ? 

 

You don't agree with the timing of  his appointment and you don't support him ? Which part am I missing ? 

 

PS  less is more. 

 

 


So you don’t think Stendel would have had more chance of success if afforded a full summer window, friendlies and a League Cup group stage? Logic would dictate that the summer is always the best time

to bring in a new football manager.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Cheers for that. 

 

Nae bother. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Amen !!!

Vs BBC (bring back Craig!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

I've critically analysed it and there's not much wrong with what he said.

Commander #1:
We've analyzed their attack, sir, and there is a danger. Should I have your ship standing by?

Governor Tarkin:
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.

Edited by Zlatanable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Nae bother. :)

 

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Nae bother. :)

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Your right but possibly wrong! The assumption is that Stendels plan is practical!


It is practical, it works at other clubs. The question is whether it’s practicable at Hearts, playing in the Scottish Premiership, with our budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Vs BBC (bring back Craig!!)

LMFAO. 

 

Speak to Elwood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:


It is practical, it works at other clubs. The question is whether it’s practicable at Hearts, playing in the Scottish Premiership, with our budget.

And if the correct leadership (experience & qualifications) is in place to flawlessly execute the plan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

LMFAO. 

 

Speak to Elwood. 

😂 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


So you don’t think Stendel would have had more chance of success if afforded a full summer window, friendlies and a League Cup group stage? Logic would dictate that the summer is always the best time

to bring in a new football manager.

 

"Logic would dictate that the summer is always the best time..".indeed, logic would say so, but you've spent such a long time composing your answer. 

 

So, sophistry aside, you do support Stendl ? Because you still haven't said so. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...