• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• GinRummy

• Mr Elwood P

• Jambo-Fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as it's a pointless discussion, if you're going to compare Levein and Stendel then it's important to compare like-for-like fixtures. Levein got the full first round of games and Stendel is currently 4 games into the third round of games, which comprises the same set of fixtures:

Points gained:

Rangers (h) - Levein 1, Stendel 3

St Johnstone (a) - Levein 0, Stendel 1.

Kilmarnock (h) Levein 0, Stendel 0.

Celtic (a) - Levein 0, Stendel 0.

Stendel 4-1 Levein. If we win tomorrow that becomes Stendel 7-2 Levein.

Yes, it's a small sample size, but equally there's no evidence at all to say Levein would be doing better than Stendel just now. Would he have done better in the December fixtures? Perhaps, but we still had our injury troubles at that time and all of those game came within 2-3 weeks of Stendel coming in the door.

The main point, of course, is that Levein is the man responsible for getting us into this mess and was rightly sacked. Unfortunately it was far too late, making it very difficult for his successor.

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Well as a Levein fanboy you would say that wouldn’t you. 😉

Your comments under your user name tarnish a reputation....

99D66947-9798-482C-8E34-80F6A1255489.jpeg

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Well as a Levein fanboy you would say that wouldn’t you. 😉

You HATE  Craig Levein ... I don’t!

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Oh the remnants of the LDL are serious all right! They love Levein more than they love the Club!

And how about the serial Levein haters. The ones who were ready to create an awful atmosphere at games right from the start of the season because they hadn’t got their way over the summer. The ones who started shouting  abuse at players and manager alike just 10 minutes into the season (when Shankland scored for Dundee Utd to be precise). The ones who  verbally abused not just Levein but Ann Budge ahead of penalty kicks at East Fife even though we had just qualified for the knock out stages. The ones who effectively intimidated real supporters from getting behind the team, regardless of who the manager was. The ones who pushed team morale to rock bottom in the early part of the season.

In a nutshell, the ones who put their hatred of Levein above their love for the Club.

And does the cap fit anyone posting on this thread?

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Your comments under your user name tarnish a reputation....

99D66947-9798-482C-8E34-80F6A1255489.jpeg

Don’t even mention the great Jim Cruickshank in the same breath as a man who has made a total shambles of our Club!

23 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

As much as it's a pointless discussion, if you're going to compare Levein and Stendel then it's important to compare like-for-like fixtures. Levein got the full first round of games and Stendel is currently 4 games into the third round of games, which comprises the same set of fixtures:

Points gained:

Rangers (h) - Levein 1, Stendel 3

St Johnstone (a) - Levein 0, Stendel 1.

Kilmarnock (h) Levein 0, Stendel 0.

Celtic (a) - Levein 0, Stendel 0.

Stendel 4-1 Levein. If we win tomorrow that becomes Stendel 7-2 Levein.

Yes, it's a small sample size, but equally there's no evidence at all to say Levein would be doing better than Stendel just now. Would he have done better in the December fixtures? Perhaps, but we still had our injury troubles at that time and all of those game came within 2-3 weeks of Stendel coming in the door.

The main point, of course, is that Levein is the man responsible for getting us into this mess and was rightly sacked. Unfortunately it was far too late, making it very difficult for his successor.

All I asked was would we be in a worse position, bottom of the league with a -22 gd if Levein was still there. Couldn't be much worse.

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You HATE  Craig Levein ... I don’t!

Correction - I DESPISE what he has done to our Club!

2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

And how about the serial Levein haters. The ones who were ready to create an awful atmosphere at games right from the start of the season because they hadn’t got their way over the summer. The ones who started shouting  abuse at players and manager alike just 10 minutes into the season (when Shankland scored for Dundee Utd to be precise). The ones who  verbally abused not just Levein but Ann Budge ahead of penalty kicks at East Fife even though we had just qualified for the knock out stages. The ones who effectively intimidated real supporters from getting behind the team, regardless of who the manager was. The ones who pushed team morale to rock bottom in the early part of the season.

In a nutshell, the ones who put their hatred of Levein above their love for the Club.

All the fans fault then! 🤔

Anything to deflect away from Levein putting this Club in a horrendous position!

Some on here put their love of Levein before their love for the Club - does THAT cap fit anyone posting on this thread??

6 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Whatever might have been let's hope we beat Hamilton tomorrow and start to move into a better place.

Edited by Cynic

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Anything to deflect away from Levein putting this Club in a horrendous position!

Some on here put their love of Levein before their love for the Club - does THAT cap fit anyone posting on this thread??

What’s in the past is in the past ..... it’s happened get over it!

Now everybody that genuinely cares about Hearts needs to focus on the future pull together and make our beloved Hearts great! If you can’t accept that get out ... now!

19 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So if we get relegated you would welcome Levein back with open arms???

He is a club legend. A former Director, Manager, Captain and Player. He is always welcome at Tynecastle.

12 months??? After over 5 years he left the whole football dept in a total shambles and the Club on the brink of relegation FFS!!

He left a squad full of players with English Premiership, English Championship and international experience, complimented with a lot of ‘projects’ and some very good academy prospects. Last October we were top of the league and in a League Cup semi final. Last May we were 6th and in a Scottish  Cup Final. Levein brought in several key players over the summer. Halkett, Washington, Naismith and Walker were all injured early on. If they hadn’t missed a chunk of the season this conversation wouldn’t be being held.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Imagine JKB without you.

One day, one day thay will happen. 

Niemi’s gloves

No not “the fans” fault. I was talking about the impact of an objectionable minority who sought to impose their views on everybody else regardless of the effect on the team (and on others’ enjoyment of the games). And for the record I think Levein should have stepped back from the manager role last summer.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

What’s in the past is in the past ..... it’s happened get over it!

Now everybody that genuinely cares about Hearts needs to focus on the future pull together and make our beloved Hearts great! If you can’t accept that get out ... now!

Good advice for the Levein fanboys who need to forget their love of Levein and stop making excuses for him!

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

One day, one day thay will happen. 

We live in hope!

10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

He is a club legend. A former Director, Manager, Captain and Player. He is always welcome at Tynecastle.

and the man that would be responsible for our relegation (if it happens)!

Wonderful to have that on his legendary CV!

5 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

No not “the fans” fault. I was talking about the impact of an objectionable minority who sought to impose their views on everybody else regardless of the effect on the team (and on others’ enjoyment of the games). And for the record I think Levein should have stepped back from the manager role last summer.

How about the objectionable minority that imposed their view that Levein was doing a great job and slaughtered anybody on here that questioned that?

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

and the man that would be responsible for our relegation (if it happens)!

Wonderful to have that on his legendary CV!

The blame for that would lie on a lot of shoulders, should it happen.

Craig Levein however is a Hearts legend and will quite rightly always be welcome at the club he gave his all for in a number of different roles. 

If you or I was told we were no longer welcome at Tynecastle, nobody would bat an eyelid, because we have not put anything like as much in to the history of our great club. If Levein was made I welcome it would be a genuine disgrace.

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How about the objectionable minority that imposed their view that Levein was doing a great job and slaughtered anybody on here that questioned that?

You don’t get it do you? It’s not about what people post on social media. It’s about how they behave at games, whether they get behind the team, whether they boost or undermine the confidence of players, whether they seek to impose their negative opinions on everyone else, whether they enhance or diminish fellow supporters’ match experience.

2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

You don’t get it do you? It’s not about what people post on social media. It’s about how they behave at games, whether they get behind the team, whether they boost or undermine the confidence of players, whether they seek to impose their negative opinions on everyone else, whether they enhance or diminish fellow supporters’ match experience.

Fair enough - I’ve always supported my team at games regardless who the manager is - always!

Luscious Laryea

Was at the Hearts under 15 academy game last weekend - Levein was in attendance but wasn't getting involved at half time or in the dugout at any other stage. Seems like he's seeing his time out from a distance.

Niemi’s gloves
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fair enough - I’ve always supported my team at games regardless who the manager is - always!

No problem then and I’m glad we are agreed on that

4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

No problem then and I’m glad we are agreed on that

👍

5 minutes ago, Luscious Laryea said:

Was at the Hearts under 15 academy game last weekend - Levein was in attendance but wasn't getting involved at half time or in the dugout at any other stage. Seems like he's seeing his time out from a distance.

Not far enough IMO...

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Luscious Laryea said:

As there's a documentary being filmed about us, we'll find out for sure at some point!

10 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:rofl:

When Auntie Budge finally develops the minerals to boot her best boy out the door the **** should never be allowed to set foot in tynecastle again.

The state he has been allowed to get this club into with the stability and resources at his disposal is nothing short of a scandal.

Best post on the thread 👏

Luscious Laryea
30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As there's a documentary being filmed about us, we'll find out for sure at some point!

Indeed - hope it's from a long, long distance.

Good advice for the Levein fanboys who need to forget their love of Levein and stop making excuses for him!

You really do need to move on ..... stop living in the past ... and look to the future ..... the emotions (hatred, despises etc) inside you are consuming your ability to think and post rationally and are damaging your credibility as a poster on here!

Heed my advice .... I hope you do ...  but perhaps you won’t and you will give a toxic retort!

Honestly think people are getting caught up in hysteria here regarding Levein. He’s being made out to be some kind of pariah, and it’s a bit sad tbh. He failed this time around, there is absolutely no denying that, but to see Hearts supporters treating a Hearts legend in such a way is really really sad imo. He’s given us plenty good times as well as the recent bad. Hope he never has to reach in to his po net to enter Tynecastle in his life. If I ever met him on a bar, he certainly wouldn’t be getting his wallet out of his pocket, that is for sure.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You really do need to move on ..... stop living in the past ... and look to the future ..... the emotions (hatred, despises etc) inside you are consuming your ability to think and post rationally and are damaging your credibility as a poster on here!

Heed my advice .... I hope you do ...  but perhaps you won’t and you will give a toxic retort!

Very well put JF. 

On 13/02/2020 at 14:55, Cynic said:

Would we be in a worse position if Levein still in charge? Net effect of Stendel bottom of the league. Not defending Levein just asking how had Stendel improved us? 

Did you expect this thread to just turn into posters slagging Levein ?

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Did you expect this thread to just turn into posters slagging Levein ?

I certainly did, mate. But I’ve been pleasantly surprised that many have found the respect and decorum to swim against that tide.

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I certainly did, mate. But I’ve been pleasantly surprised that many have found the respect and decorum to swim against that tide.

Not a big fan of threads just to get everyone at each other’s throats. Surprised it took so long. I wanted levein binned and I got what I wanted. No point in another levein thread dressed up as something else. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not a big fan of threads just to get everyone at each other’s throats. Surprised it took so long. I wanted levein binned and I got what I wanted. No point in another levein thread dressed up as something else. 

I wanted him binned after the Motherwell game where he put out an absolutely baffling team.

It did not mean I started to hate the guy though. FFS he has played such an unbelievable part in so many of our positive historical adventures.

Theres ***** who haven’t even come close to putting in as much getting their jollies about calling the man all the arseholes under the sun. 

Not for me I’m afraid. Despicable way to treat a Hearts legend imo.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The ones who saw it all coming and shouted to be heard. Tbf wast hard afrer last round of games last season. They were silent for too long and taken for granted because  of it. 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I wanted him binned after the Motherwell game where he put out an absolutely baffling team.

It did not mean I started to hate the guy though. FFS he has played such an unbelievable part in so many of our positive historical adventures.

Theres ***** who haven’t even come close to putting in as much getting their jollies about calling the man all the arseholes under the sun. 

Not for me I’m afraid. Despicable way to treat a Hearts legend imo.

Wanted him gone since the cup final tbh. Thought it made sense to keep him till then. Loved him as a player and in his first spell. I can understand folk going over the top while he was still here, just frustration and anger boiling over. 

This threads is a shanner though. It’s only purpose is to dig up old wounds and get everyone bickering over the past while we should be concentrating on supporting Daniel and the team. 

It’s the sort of thread a Hibs fan would start before scurrying back to their own site. Not saying the OP is a Hibs fan btw but this is the sort of thing they’d do.

Just now, Cynic said:

Some good points made and a good response. What's your problem with it? 

It’s a pile of shit designed to get people arguing. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wanted him gone since the cup final tbh. Thought it made sense to keep him till then. Loved him as a player and in his first spell. I can understand folk going over the top while he was still here, just frustration and anger boiling over. 

This threads is a shanner though. It’s only purpose is to dig up old wounds and get everyone bickering over the past while we should be concentrating on supporting Daniel and the team. 

It’s the sort of thread a Hibs fan would start before scurrying back to their own site. Not saying the OP is a Hibs fan btw but this is the sort of thing they’d do.

Agree with that mostly dude.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a pile of shit designed to get people arguing. 

Just now, Cynic said:

I just answered you mate. Nothing against you but just some honest criticism of the thread.