Jump to content
Cynic

If Levein still in charge

Recommended Posts

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, Cynic said:

No debate Levein had to go. Should have gone much earlier. My point is what Stendel actually achieved since he took over? Unless you think beating a crap Rangers team is the reason for our existence.

No need to get ratty I think I have answered the question fairly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Natural Orders said:

As long as it’s done politely and without personal attack or accusations then yes that’s ok 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
6 minutes ago, Boab said:


We were joint bottom. 3 teams on 12 pts.

We were only sitting in 10th on goal difference.

A moot point again !


Correct - I see the remnants of the LDL are still trying to make excuses for their hero!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox

If your average Hearts fan (with no coaching qualifications but with a high motivation for success) had been put in charge then we would not be bottom at present!

 

  IMO if Levein was still in charge then Hearts currently would be no lower than 10th (and probably be higher)!

 

If (that’s IF) Stendel walks out after another bad result vs Hamilton who would you replace him with? Craig Levein??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders

and what is amusing you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

8 points from 11 games, 10 in 15 games since. 

 

I think we may have been marginally better off

 

  1. Shouldn't have started the season
  2. Too slow getting the new manager, plunged in during a heavy run of fixtures
  3. Choice of manager, on a learning curve, doesn't know the league and its players

These are the factors.

 

We cant even blame injury any longer, results are arguably just as poor now with a better set of resources

 

Levein was sacked almost at the exact same time that the likes of Washington, Walker, Naismith, Halkett and Souttar all started to return from injury. It would have been nice to see this squad fully fit under Levein to see if we could replicate the form that saw us as league leaders last October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diego10
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Levein was sacked almost at the exact same time that the likes of Washington, Walker, Naismith, Halkett and Souttar all started to return from injury. It would have been nice to see this squad fully fit under Levein to see if we could replicate the form that saw us as league leaders last October. 

L.o.L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

 

How many points separated us and Hibs? They are currently 15 ahead and now have an outside chance of challenging for third.


I have absolutely no interest in Hibs at this juncture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
15 minutes ago, Cynic said:

All this could happen if we don't win on Saturday.

At least I now have hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Levein was sacked almost at the exact same time that the likes of Washington, Walker, Naismith, Halkett and Souttar all started to return from injury. It would have been nice to see this squad fully fit under Levein to see if we could replicate the form that saw us as league leaders last October. 

He wasn't having Djoum or Haring.

 

I have taken pelters over Djoum for years. I doubt people even see it yet, note the difference when these 2 played.

 

Naismith and Souttar were also key factors, noticeable that when their form has dropped off last week we get beat.

 

Celtic games, a fact of life, most teams do suffer regular tankings at Parkhead, when Celtic are at it, as they are right now.

 

Too much emphasis now on Irving, not to go onto another current topic, but this is not how you develop a young player, thrown to the lions now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff

I don’t think we would be in all honesty. Levein got the best out Naismith for instance and we would have scraped a couple of wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

8 points from 11 games, 10 in 15 games since. 

 

I think we may have been marginally better off

 

  1. Shouldn't have started the season
  2. Too slow getting the new manager, plunged in during a heavy run of fixtures
  3. Choice of manager, on a learning curve, doesn't know the league and its players

These are the factors.

 

We cant even blame injury any longer, results are arguably just as poor now with a better set of resources


Spot on, Sadly.  It’s been a complete cluster****. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I am perfectly entitled to my opinion 

You are but I hope they have more confidence in themselves than you seem to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You are but I hope they have more confidence in themselves than you seem to. 

Fair enough 

let’s just hope we win 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

L.o.L

 

Fantastic contribution!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saint Jambo

This season's league record:

Levein - Played 11, points 8, average points per game 0.73 points (Goal Difference -5)

McPhee - Played 5, points 4, average 0.8 points (GD -6)

Stendel - Played 10, points 6, average 0.6 points (GD -11)

 

All truly woeful. Budge was right to sack Levein. But Stendel's results so far in the league have been disastrous.

 

If we'd stuck with Levein, my sense is we would have been about where we are now. Maybe a point better. Maybe a point worse. The fans would have been in absolute uproar. Sacking Levein was absolutely the right decision. Unfortunately it does appear that we have found ourselves with a manager who at least initially has underestimated Scottish football and overestimated his abilities as a manager.

 

I'm still hopeful (what do we have left but hope?) that we will win our next two games and things will look better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hueyview
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

If your average Hearts fan (with no coaching qualifications but with a high motivation for success) had been put in charge then we would not be bottom at present!

 

  IMO if Levein was still in charge then Hearts currently would be no lower than 10th (and probably be higher)!

 

If (that’s IF) Stendel walks out after another bad result vs Hamilton who would you replace him with? Craig Levein??

The irony.....  "The war is over for you Herr Stendel" ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Levein was sacked almost at the exact same time that the likes of Washington, Walker, Naismith, Halkett and Souttar all started to return from injury. It would have been nice to see this squad fully fit under Levein to see if we could replicate the form that saw us as league leaders last October. 

It would have been nice if CL had never been appointed. It would have  been nice if CL had been sacked after the cup final. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

This season's league record:

Levein - Played 11, points 8, average points per game 0.73 points (Goal Difference -5)

McPhee - Played 5, points 4, average 0.8 points (GD -6)

Stendel - Played 10, points 6, average 0.6 points (GD -11)

 

All truly woeful. Budge was right to sack Levein. But Stendel's results so far in the league have been disastrous.

 

If we'd stuck with Levein, my sense is we would have been about where we are now. Maybe a point better. Maybe a point worse. The fans would have been in absolute uproar. Sacking Levein was absolutely the right decision. Unfortunately it does appear that we have found ourselves with a manager who at least initially has underestimated Scottish football and overestimated his abilities as a manager.

 

I'm still hopeful (what do we have left but hope?) that we will win our next two games and things will look better.

 

Levein had away fixtures against HIbs, Livingston, Celtic and Aberdeen. With the players coming back from injury and those teams at Tynecastle in the following 11 matches I believe we would have won a few more games under Levein. We've lost so much ground under MacPhee and with Stendel implementing the new system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victor Mancini
28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How can you be so sure?

i don’t think we will

 

i just hope the players aren’t as cocky as some on here thinking they just need to turn up to win 

If we can’t beat Hamilton at home we deserve to be relegated, an away point at st mirren wouldn’t be the end of the world.

 

my point was Levein got us into this mess-along with Budge due to her reluctance to sack him, probably as far back as the 5-0 defeat from Livingston.


Stendel has picked up the pieces and the signs are there that he’s starting to improve the team and club as a whole.

he’s got a tune out of Sean Clare, Sold Jake Mulraney and bought a proven goal scorer with change in the pot, had Naismith play 5 or 6 consecutive games and made Jamie Walker look interested.

 

not picking a keeper up is looking bad but his hands may have been tied with the 1 in 1 out policy due to the previous managers mediocre signing policy with about a 1 in 10 success rate,
5 year plan what a joke! Writing was on the wall as far back as when we dismantled a fantastic championship winning side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diego10
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Fantastic contribution!

It's all it deserved tbh.  Levein established a near 40 man squad which was entirely reliant on Steven Naismith to carry any goal threat.  He couldn't muster victories over Ross County or Hamilton at Tynecastle, in fact was lucky to take a point in both.  He found us a goalkeeper who can't save shots.

 

But aye, we were just about to turn the corner for sure.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diego10
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Levein had away fixtures against HIbs, Livingston, Celtic and Aberdeen. With the players coming back from injury and those teams at Tynecastle in the following 11 matches I believe we would have won a few more games under Levein. We've lost so much ground under MacPhee and with Stendel implementing the new system.

He had home fixtures against RC, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Rangers and Motherwell and took 3 points. 

 

Stendel hasn't played any the bottom 4 at home, was left with Keena and Maclean as strikers and has had 3 games against the OF in his 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dazo
34 minutes ago, Boab said:


We were joint bottom. 3 teams on 12 pts.

We were only sitting in 10th on goal difference.

A moot point again !


When DS was appointed we were, Level with Hamilton and St Johnstone, 2 behind St Mirren, 5 behind Ross county and 6 behind Livi, 11 behind Kilmarnock

 

Now, 1 behind Hamilton, 4 St Mirren, 7 Ross county, 12 St Johnstone, 14 Kilmarnock and 19 behind Livingston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

The two issues are separate.

 

Levein, by any measure of performance, had to go. And much sooner than he did. This is ultimately on Budge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T

This the same Craig Levein that managed one solitary league win all season.... aye we'd have been flying up the league by now!

 

Honest to **** the shite people spout on here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricardo Quaresma

Not even subtle

 

Some people shouldn't get to post until they have 500 posts

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The two issues are separate.

 

Levein, by any measure of performance, had to go. And much sooner than he did. This is ultimately on Budge.

 

By my measurements, Stendel needs to win on Saturday to beat Levein's record over his 11 matches ....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

By my measurements, Stendel needs to win on Saturday to beat Levein's record over his 11 matches ....

 

 

 

 

:levein_interesting:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
49 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

He had home fixtures against RC, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Rangers and Motherwell and took 3 points. 

 

Stendel hasn't played any the bottom 4 at home, was left with Keena and Maclean as strikers and has had 3 games against the OF in his 10.


St Johnstone sat bottom and won 1-0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willie Hamilton genius
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

good point

 

well put it this way - we probably couldn't be any worse... plus more of a chance he would have fought to get Craig Gordon in earlier too

Please please please stop!!!!!!

Every single post is the same!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts007

We would still have MacLean and Wighton and the team scoring nowt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

If Levein was still in charge I’d very much doubt I’d bother with many games. His football made me angry, sad and I hated it. He was taking us down in my mind and damn near killing the club with his lottery winning contracts he threw about to jokers who couldn’t play football.

if we do go down, then I’ll still be glad that man is not in charge and hopefully out the club altogether (as Ann said)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J80MBO

Either way glad he is not manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Texia

:rofl: :rofl:

 

Yes, we’d be in a lot worse position.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo

We are in this position because of the prick!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
47 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

By my measurements, Stendel needs to win on Saturday to beat Levein's record over his 11 matches ....


And if he does will you finally admit Levein is a shitebag and no longer the love of your life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

The damage was done by Levein over 2 and a bit seasons. It didn't just happen overnight, the rot set in a long time ago. The amount of shite he has lumbered us with is unreal. 

 

We play better football now than anytime when Levein was incharge. That's a step in the right direction. If we avoid the playoffs and finish 10th, DS has done what's needed and hopefully this squad is ripped up and rebuilt next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hueyview
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

This season's league record:

Levein - Played 11, points 8, average points per game 0.73 points (Goal Difference -5)

McPhee - Played 5, points 4, average 0.8 points (GD -6)

Stendel - Played 10, points 6, average 0.6 points (GD -11)

 

All truly woeful. Budge was right to sack Levein. But Stendel's results so far in the league have been disastrous.

 

If we'd stuck with Levein, my sense is we would have been about where we are now. Maybe a point better. Maybe a point worse. The fans would have been in absolute uproar. Sacking Levein was absolutely the right decision. Unfortunately it does appear that we have found ourselves with a manager who at least initially has underestimated Scottish football and overestimated his abilities as a manager.

 

I'm still hopeful (what do we have left but hope?) that we will win our next two games and things will look better.

Thought Levein had more games..

Stendels record is shocking... He so needs the next two wins....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
14 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

We would still have MacLean and Wighton and the team scoring nowt

How we miss them and the other rubbish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts007

 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

How we miss them and the other rubbish. 

yep

giphy.gif.f8497763e923724e51fba1425b470093.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarkDevriesScores4

Another pointless thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paisley Jambo
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Levein was sacked almost at the exact same time that the likes of Washington, Walker, Naismith, Halkett and Souttar all started to return from injury. It would have been nice to see this squad fully fit under Levein to see if we could replicate the form that saw us as league leaders last October. 

With respect. I couldn’t disagree more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cynic
2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Another pointless thread

 

It's all about being pointless. That's the main problem at the moment. Got any better ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarkDevriesScores4
Just now, Cynic said:

It's all about being pointless. That's the main problem at the moment. Got any better ideas?

Stop moaning about what would have happened if we still had Craig Levein would be a good start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cynic
1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Stop moaning about what would have happened if we still had Craig Levein would be a good start. 

Who's moaning apart from you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

It would have been nice if CL had never been appointed. It would have  been nice if CL had been sacked after the cup final. 

 

 


Never been appointed at all? Or just as manager the second time around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oi oi

Current results are no better than under Levein but the football is far more entertaining now and we have more fans behind the manager. Had we kept the previous regime the toxicity around the place would be poisonous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Who's moaning apart from you?

Where did I moan specifically?

 

i stated this whole discussion is pointless and actually pretty negative.

 

i couldn’t care less about Levein. He’s not our manager. People need to forget about him. He’s got us where we are. I’ve accepted that and I think it’s about time others did too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimCornette
2 hours ago, Cynic said:

Would we be in a worse position if Levein still in charge? Net effect of Stendel bottom of the league. Not defending Levein just asking how had Stendel improved us? 

It's impossible to know for sure but I reckon Levein and MacPhee would have performed slightly worse than Stendel. They didn't have the luxury of the January window or returning injured players but they have wasted multiple millions over the past few years on absolute donuts so we couldn't continue with them. 

We'll beat Hamilton and thrash the play off winner from the Championship easy peasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paolo
2 hours ago, Cynic said:

Would we be in a worse position if Levein still in charge? Net effect of Stendel bottom of the league. Not defending Levein just asking how had Stendel improved us? 

We would still have an inefficient Clare, and I do not think we would have overturned a Rangers lead.  Other than that, there would be little difference, but Stendel still has his hands tied slightly, with what he inherited.  We cannot use that excuse forever though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...