• Thomaso

• GinRummy

• Mr Elwood P

• Jambo-Fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
41 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Honestly think people are getting caught up in hysteria here regarding Levein. He’s being made out to be some kind of pariah, and it’s a bit sad tbh. He failed this time around, there is absolutely no denying that, but to see Hearts supporters treating a Hearts legend in such a way is really really sad imo. He’s given us plenty good times as well as the recent bad. Hope he never has to reach in to his po net to enter Tynecastle in his life. If I ever met him on a bar, he certainly wouldn’t be getting his wallet out of his pocket, that is for sure.

This. And no-one is taking into account the hellish injuries that started the slide. OK, he couldn't overcome those but as has been discussed many times what manager could. 

The guy had a heart attack pretty much on the job for us FFS and was back at work in no time.

1 minute ago, Cynic said:

Certainly rattled your wee cage. 

No. Not really. It’s just fairly predictable how any thread with CL name in it will go,  

Fair enough,  no offence. I just genuinely haven't bought into the Stendel thing. That ain't no endorsement of Levein who should have been punted long ago. 

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not a big fan of threads just to get everyone at each other’s throats. Surprised it took so long. I wanted levein binned and I got what I wanted. No point in another levein thread dressed up as something else. 

100%

You were very balanced throughout. 

3 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Fair enough,  no offence. I just genuinely haven't bought into the Stendel thing. That ain't no endorsement of Levein who should have been punted long ago. 

Aye. As I said not a dig at you. Of course it’s up to you which threads you start. Meant no offence either. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100%

You were very balanced throughout. 

👍 I’m sure we all had our wee moments regarding the last manager. Let’s hope it’s a while till we get so heated about this one. 

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This. And no-one is taking into account the hellish injuries that started the slide. OK, he couldn't overcome those but as has been discussed many times what manager could. 

The guy had a heart attack pretty much on the job for us FFS and was back at work in no time.

It’s totally shameful imo.

I just think some fans on here are seriously mental. I never mind having a difference of opinion with anybody, as long as it’s constructive.

Some folk here, just want to make lots of noise. Regular readers of KB all know the pro CL/AB, and know anti CL/AB supporters. Me, I am somewhere in the middle. I am happy Levein is not the manager, but there is no way he deserves some of the bile spouted by some of the half wits on here. 

I just donkt get get why guys like Presley and Levein get all the abuse they do. Who gives a flying **** if Presley beat his chest wearing a Celtic shirt, him and CL devoted years of their career with us. If people think CL isn’t a Hearts fan and doesn’t wants the best for the club for me are mental.

But get Malinkovic, or Lafferty telling us on social media how much they love us, and they are fantastic. Pile of shite. They are not in the same ball park as either Hearts legends, but these are the people that would want Lafferty and Malinkovic welcome back or Levein or Presley aren’t. 

Totally and utterly mental. CL should be welcome to Tynecastle any day of the week, but so many roasters jus don’t understand how much of his life he devoted to Hearts. Always a legend in my eyes. At the end I was glad to see him not manager anymore, but I am adult enough to appreciate what he did for us. 

5 minutes ago, daftie said:

I just think some fans on here are seriously mental. I never mind having a difference of opinion with anybody, as long as it’s constructive.

Some folk here, just want to make lots of noise. Regular readers of KB all know the pro CL/AB, and know anti CL/AB supporters. Me, I am somewhere in the middle. I am happy Levein is not the manager, but there is no way he deserves some of the bile spouted by some of the half wits on here. 

I just donkt get get why guys like Presley and Levein get all the abuse they do. Who gives a flying **** if Presley beat his chest wearing a Celtic shirt, him and CL devoted years of their career with us. If people think CL isn’t a Hearts fan and doesn’t wants the best for the club for me are mental.

But get Malinkovic, or Lafferty telling us on social media how much they love us, and they are fantastic. Pile of shite. They are not in the same ball park as either Hearts legends, but these are the people that would want Lafferty and Malinkovic welcome back or Levein or Presley aren’t. 

Totally and utterly mental. CL should be welcome to Tynecastle any day of the week, but so many roasters jus don’t understand how much of his life he devoted to Hearts. Always a legend in my eyes. At the end I was glad to see him not manager anymore, but I am adult enough to appreciate what he did for us. 

This

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What might have been. 

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Cynic said:

All I asked was would we be in a worse position, bottom of the league with a -22 gd if Levein was still there. Couldn't be much worse.

In terms of your question above would we be in worse position, the answer to that can only really be no in the present season, because you cannot be any lower than bottom. If he (Levein) was still in charge then in my opinion we would be guaranteed certainties to be relegated this season. However, at this exact moment in time I'm not sure where we will finish, but I have a bit more confidence that we can achieve all that I feel Daniel Stendel has to achieve (staying up) because I do believe that in football you have more chance of winning football games if you line up and play to try and win them rather than line up and play to try and not lose them. He has inherited a team and players who were basically lost, they had lost the desire to win because they had lost the instruction to win. I still think the formation he wants to play needs to incorporate a strong back line (and within the definition of back line I include the position of goalkeeper as well) rather than have even the full backs playing as stand in wingers. We need a keeper, we need someone with strength in the middle of the park, someone like Julien Brellier would fit into his style of play perfectly, someone who knew when it was right to break up play even if that involved giving away a free kick. Short term there is one thing we have to do, with no questions about it. Tomorrow and next Friday are must win games, we are going to finish in the bottom 6 and when it come down to the post split fixtures we will be playing against team who are used to fighting for their lives. If we can go into that last group of games sitting in 9th or 10th place rather than bottom it greatly increases our chances of staying up. Then during the close season he has time to think about the positions he needs players in to start afresh next season and at the moment to me that involves getting a competent goalkeepers (and we've had a few decent ones over the years) amongst other positions.

Edited by portobellojambo1

All the usual Levein fanboys piling in with their excuses for their pal - it would be laughable if it wasn’t so sad!

”Legend”? Do me a favour - he has near crippled our Club with his brand of arrogance and eye bleeding football.

Levein fanboys, lol you really are a sad individual. Unfortunately, you are just a bitter and twisted individual. Near crippled our club, aye right. 

I have always thought ALL players hide behind their managers. I would expect me or you to be in the dugout and I would still expect us to beat Hamilton, Ross County, St Mirren. We have way better players than the teams at the bottom.

Cathro, Levein, Stendel can do heehaw if your goalkeeper and central defence can’t do the basics. That is on the players not the manager. 

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

All the usual Levein fanboys piling in with their excuses for their pal - it would be laughable if it wasn’t so sad!

”Legend”? Do me a favour - he has near crippled our Club with his brand of arrogance and eye bleeding football.

12 minutes ago, daftie said:

Levein fanboys, lol you really are a sad individual. Unfortunately, you are just a bitter and twisted individual. Near crippled our club, aye right. 

I have always thought ALL players hide behind their managers. I would expect me or you to be in the dugout and I would still expect us to beat Hamilton, Ross County, St Mirren. We have way better players than the teams at the bottom.

Cathro, Levein, Stendel can do heehaw if your goalkeeper and central defence can’t do the basics. That is on the players not the manager. 

No need for you to change your name! 😂

31 minutes ago, daftie said:

Correct. 

There are a few of the dafties and angry ones out tonight.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

👍 I’m sure we all had our wee moments regarding the last manager. Let’s hope it’s a while till we get so heated about this one. 

Wee moments!

🤣🤣🤣

46 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Correct. 

There are a few of the dafties and angry ones out tonight.

There’s certainly loads of dafties - have a look in the mirror for a perfect example! 😉

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s totally shameful imo.

Left sitting at the bottom of the league after splashing our cash - now THAT is totally shameful.

18 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Left sitting at the bottom of the league after splashing our cash - now THAT is totally shameful.

This.  Levein doesn't give a toss about Hearts.  More interested in lining his own pockets.  Hearts are just a small 'provincial club' according to him.  Even Denis Prychynenko achieved something that Levein never.  A winners medal.

32 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Try to keep up. Levein isn't the manager. 

The manager would be Daniel Stendel.

6 points from 30. He must do better.

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

😴

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Correct.  We were only joint bottom when Levein left.  

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, daftie said:

if your goalkeeper and central defence can’t do the basics. That is on the players not the manager. 

We should sack the **** who signed them, and ban the ****er from Tynecastle.

Problem solved.

3 hours ago, daftie said:

Levein has been paid handsomely throughout his time with the club, walked out on the club to Leicester and done absolutely ****ing shit the past 4 years.  He’s not working for free for a charity.  

Elvis is a cup winning captain - legend.

Why is Levein a legend?  Because he was a brilliant defender who’s career got cut short? Because he got our manager job and then walked out?  Because he’s came back and led the club to this position?  

Yes, because of his service he deserves respect for that.  You can’t just stick your finger in your ear and go la la la legend because he has done alright for the club without ever winning anything.  

24 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Problem solved.

This. 

4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Honestly think people are getting caught up in hysteria here regarding Levein. He’s being made out to be some kind of pariah, and it’s a bit sad tbh. He failed this time around, there is absolutely no denying that, but to see Hearts supporters treating a Hearts legend in such a way is really really sad imo. He’s given us plenty good times as well as the recent bad. Hope he never has to reach in to his po net to enter Tynecastle in his life. If I ever met him on a bar, he certainly wouldn’t be getting his wallet out of his pocket, that is for sure.

I wouldn't even consider buying him a pint. Although he was a fantastic player, even back then in his early 20s he was an arrogant,  patronising t**t.  He is welcome back at Stendel's Castle any time he fronts up with the admission.  Robbo,  Dave Mcpherson or Skacel .. gentlemen and legends that you would happily buy a pint for...Levein and his old mucker - "i don't do humility" Colquhoun...they can do one.

3 hours ago, Cynic said:

Certainly rattled your wee cage. 

That was the point of the thread rattle a few cages get folk arguing. 

Well done OP attention seeker. 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I wouldn't even consider buying him a pint. Although he was a fantastic player, even back then in his early 20s he was an arrogant,  patronising t**t.  He is welcome back at Stendel's Castle any time he fronts up with the admission.  Robbo,  Dave Mcpherson or Skacel .. gentlemen and legends that you would happily buy a pint for...Levein and his old mucker - "i don't do humility" Colquhoun...they can do one.

Sounds very personal. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No. Trying to build a case for a club legend not being welcome at a Tynecastle is shameful.

Not doing a good enough a job as manager is not shameful.

Your attitude towards a club legend is very shameful.

42 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Problem solved.

Did you have the same opinion when Souttar and Halkett signed for the club?

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Levein has been paid handsomely throughout his time with the club, walked out on the club to Leicester and done absolutely ****ing shit the past 4 years.  He’s not working for free for a charity.  

Elvis is a cup winning captain - legend.

Why is Levein a legend?  Because he was a brilliant defender who’s career got cut short? Because he got our manager job and then walked out?  Because he’s came back and led the club to this position?  

Yes, because of his service he deserves respect for that.  You can’t just stick your finger in your ear and go la la la legend because he has done alright for the club without ever winning anything.  

You obviously didn't live through the 85/86 campaign and some of the seasons after that. So you'll never know.

Likewise the guy slagging off John Colquhoun a couple of posts above for no reason. Legends both.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

There’s certainly loads of dafties - have a look in the mirror for a perfect example! 😉

58 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

This.  Levein doesn't give a toss about Hearts.  More interested in lining his own pockets.  Hearts are just a small 'provincial club' according to him.  Even Denis Prychynenko achieved something that Levein never.  A winners medal.

31 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Problem solved.

Yes indeed - all very much correct. 

how much alone was splashed on the 3 keepers that he signed. 

So bad that we are struggling to replace a crap keeper because we are worried that the replacement will be even worse 

How many players have came through the revolving door under his watch. How many have walked back out the way that they walked in 

How much investment and club funds has he wasted in his time 

How much longer do we have to pay him even although he has already wasted a bucket load of money 

But that’s ok for him to do this as he is a club legend 😖 Aye ok then. 

I want Stendel to succeed and put this rot that’s been left behind to bed and for good. Even I can see that there are current problems and this is a huge ask for our current manager. He needs our support more than anything now 

I think CFS used the titanic example and how very true it is.

Folk coming on doubting Stendel - that’s ok, he won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. There is nothing wrong with that. Not having a pop at these folk. 

All the Leblieners coming on taking pot shots at Stendel whilst still REFUSING to acknowledge the total malaise that their man has left behind and would rather take pot shots at the new guy and compare him after him having 12 games at the club just stinks in all honesty. It stinks. 

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No. Trying to build a case for a club legend not being welcome at a Tynecastle is shameful.

Not doing a good enough a job as manager is not shameful.

Your attitude towards a club legend is very shameful.

“Not doing a good enough job”???

He did a disastrous job and left our Club in a total shambles on the park! THAT was “shameful”!

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Did you have the same opinion when Souttar and Halkett signed for the club?

I don't hold opinions. I'm kinda flexible that way.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

@Cruikshank for Scotland

Do you believe you have contributed as much towards HMFC as Craig Levein?

That one has been tried before. 😴

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“Not doing a good enough job”???

He did a disastrous job and left our Club in a total shambles on the park! THAT was “shameful”!

He also contributed heavily towards the positive parts of our history.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That one has been tried before. 😴

Not want to answer then Thomaso?

Do you believe you have contributed as much to HMFC as Craig Levein?

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

When we have crap seasons 10 years in the future will it still be Levein's fault? What a bunch of miserable arseholes.

No mate. But fast forward 12 games and it very much is. We aren’t even 3 months down the line yet from when he left 

well he still hasn’t left either but that’s another story entirely 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I don't hold opinions. I'm kinda flexible that way.

You stated some pretty solid opinions about Levein not being welcome at Tynecastle earlier GT.

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not want to answer then Thomaso?

Do you believe you have contributed as much to HMFC as Craig Levein?

My contribution is the same as many other Hearts fans - Long time ST holder, shareholder, FoH contributor - and my Company assisted with the building of the new stand. Nothing to shout about really.

Your question would seem to suggest that if you didn’t play for Hearts or Manage the Club you have no right to criticise a Manager who presided over a disastrous run of results that left us fighting for our lives with a strong chance of being relegated - is that correct?

Edited by Thomaso

7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You stated some pretty solid opinions about Levein not being welcome at Tynecastle earlier GT.

He did say that he was flexible though. 

When it suits him 🙂

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When we have crap seasons 10 years in the future will it still be Levein's fault? What a bunch of miserable arseholes.

No but if we get relegated THIS year it will be!