Pinilla and the "diet policeman"/Pinilla's Parting Shot/Wage Cut (merged threads)

Winston Ingram

Guest JamboRobbo
As I said in another thread, for a player to take an 8k drop in basic wage says alot for his commitment.

So does only playing 8 games over for 2 years, whilst taking home 12k a week.

Even the fact that a player with such obvious talent was plying his trade at Hearts, shows that other factors cause a major problem to his football career.

That's what I think. He actually looked like he'd be available to play from the start and hell, possibly even see out the whole season. Why invest so much, promise the big money then completely switch that all around? Offered double wages and then been told you're getting a 75% wage cut instead? Just another of Romanov's 11th hour switch arounds, is he hoping Pinilla would just meekly accept it? Another Romanov power play?

And then after all that money spent and in the middle of the fecking transfer window he lets him walk for free. Madness. Pinilla could just wander into another club, pick up a massive signing on bonus, fat new contract and start playing after Hearts have got him fully into shape.

Sure folk think he's a wage thief, probably is, but Hearts have turned him around and then given him to another team. To me, that's just mental.

That's exactly what it is. Power and control

Vlad thrives on dealing with people that are desperate.

I'd imagine the thought process was - convince Pinilla he's getting a good wage. This means he doesnt have an agent hawkiing him around for another club. Get to the stage of signing the deal - present a new deal

Pinilla has no other options, doesnt know if there will be any, and feels forced to sign the new deal otherwise be out of a job etc

That's what I think. He actually looked like he'd be available to play from the start and hell, possibly even see out the whole season.

Oh come on!!! Where are you getting that from??????

Its funny

People think from Pinilla's past behaviour that they know that nothing would ever change with him

Yet people think that despite Vlad's past behaviour there is still a chance of him changing

Welcome to the wierd world of JKB

kissthebadge

Even the fact that a player with such obvious talent was plying his trade at Hearts, shows that other factors cause a major problem to his football career.

If anything, this shows our club for the farce it is. He's not exactly going to turn the cash down!!

It was the club's decision to send him for the op last year when he didn't need /want it, the club's decision to loan him back to Chile so he could go on the skite for 3 months, the club's decision to send him to boot camp to get him fit for the start of the season, and most importantly, the club's decision to pay him the ludicrously high wages.

Guest JamboRobbo
That's exactly what it is. Power and control

Vlad thrives on dealing with people that are desperate.

I'd imagine the thought process was - convince Pinilla he's getting a good wage. This means he doesnt have an agent hawkiing him around for another club. Get to the stage of signing the deal - present a new deal

Pinilla has no other options, doesnt know if there will be any, and feels forced to sign the new deal otherwise be out of a job etc

I also wonder whether this is all part of the negotiations. When we were negotiating for Beslija, didn't we put a statement on the website that the RM position at HMFC was now filled after we signed Barasa?

Maybe this is just an attempt by Vlad to force Pinilla's hand, and Pinilla has called his bluff for the moment.....

Guest JamboRobbo
If anything, this shows our club for the farce it is. He's not exactly going to turn the cash down!!

It was the club's decision to send him for the op last year when he didn't need /want it, the club's decision to loan him back to Chile so he could go on the skite for 3 months, the club's decision to send him to boot camp to get him fit for the start of the season, and most importantly, the club's decision to pay him the ludicrously high wages.

Agree with all of that. It was a gamble. worth taking IMO. We should've seen what was happening, and cut our losses a year ago....

Its funny

People think from Pinilla's past behaviour that they know that nothing would ever change with him

Yet people think that despite Vlad's past behaviour there is still a chance of him changing

Welcome to the wierd world of JKB

If we were 5-6 games in to the new season, with Pinilla having played 90 minutes in all games and been on a hot streak with scoring goals, setting up chances, taking chances etc etc etc - then MAYBE i could understand a "looks like he's gonna last all season" claim.....

But right now, before a ball has been kicked, before anyone has had a chance to assess him in any way - making a "possibly even see out the whole season" claim is ludicrous.

frankblack

Don't think the club had much alternative here.

They offer an appearance related salary and he rejects it. The chances of him being fit for us for the start of the season were between slim and none.

Remember he was supposed to be fit during pre-season training last year but injured a finger and was out until Christmas approx. I remember a premiership player getting the same injury and having it strapped and ready to play the next game. I'd understand if it was a keeper that can't play with an injured hand.

When he did come back he played about 2 games, got a face injury against Dundee Utd and was out for the rest of the season. He must have had some serious facial injuries to be out that long.

If it had been me I wouldn't even have offered him a new contract - I would have punted him at the first opportunity.

Guest JamboRobbo

They offer an appearance related salary and he rejects it. The chances of him being fit for us for the start of the season were between slim and none.

Remember he was supposed to be fit during pre-season training last year but injured a finger and was out until Christmas approx. I remember a premiership player getting the same injury and having it strapped and ready to play the next game. I'd understand if it was a keeper that can't play with an injured hand.

When he did come back he played about 2 games, got a face injury against Dundee Utd and was out for the rest of the season. He must have had some serious facial injuries to be out that long.

If it had been me I wouldn't even have offered him a new contract - I would have punted him at the first opportunity.

Agree entirely. Especially the last bit. The mistake that was made here was when we didn't cut our losses a while ago.

If we were 5-6 games in to the new season, with Pinilla having played 90 minutes in all games and been on a hot streak with scoring goals, setting up chances, taking chances etc etc etc - then MAYBE i could understand a "looks like he's gonna last all season" claim.....

But right now, before a ball has been kicked, before anyone has had a chance to assess him in any way - making a "possibly even see out the whole season" claim is ludicrous.

Not a dig at you - unless you think Vlad will change, then you're a hypocrite.

Its just an interesting little contradiction - and I am sure some people are saying "good riddance" to Pinilla he's a wage thief waster and would never change whilst somewhere on another thread they are slagging off people who might want Vlad to GTF on the basis that we should give Vlad a chance and things arent that bad

Who has cost Hearts more money in their time here - Pinilla or Romanov?

Just a thought (again not a dig at you but a point of reference for people getting all hot under the collar at the waste of money Pinilla has been)

Nelly Terraces

Pinilla V The lithumaniac. Basically a spat between 2 criminals. Pity they didn't have the nutts to have a square-go with each other and managed to kill the other one in the process.

Criminals out of HMFC. Zero Tolerance.

And why not? He's has his first decent pre-season in ages, looks to be on top form, is young and fit. No reason to suspect he couldn't get a full season under his belt.

Ryan Gosling

Great job of re-writing history.

The Mighty Thor
Great job of re-writing history.

Perhaps Frank is guilty of a little licence in his version of events and the catalogue of serious injuries the fruitcake suffered from but the net outcome was the same. 8 appearances in more than two years. All for 12K per week.

Great attempt at defending the indefensible.

Tune in next week for Atilla the hun was misunderstood?

I am in no way defending any of Vlads recent actions, but the comparison between him and Pinilla and the posibility of either changing is difficult to compare.

Whether we like it or not Vlad has a lot of money invested in Hearts, most of us feel if he doesn't change and change soon it will be devastating for both him and Hearts.

Pinilla on the other hand has not really invested anything in Hearts, in fact it can be said he has accepted a reasonable salary, and some special treatment, while not really having returned anything of importance to the team. He has made some very at the time encouraging statements about his desire to achieve fitness and return to playing, unfortunately these have not always, in fact rarely have come to fruition. Is Pinilla likely to change, I don't see it in the near future, in the protected life of the professional athlete there always seems to be some team that is willing to take a chance on players, as long as there are I suspect Pinilla will continue as he has at Hearts. Sad that such a l star has not achieved the potential so obvious.

Its not Pinilla's fault that he was offered that in the first place.

I agree that he probably should of been released before the start of last season but to pay for personal training and get him fit for this season which he is then release him is just bizarre.

I am in no way defending any of Vlads recent actions, but the comparison between him and Pinilla and the posibility of either changing is difficult to compare.

Whether we like it or not Vlad has a lot of money invested in Hearts, most of us feel if he doesn't change and change soon it will be devastating for both him and Hearts.

Pinilla on the other hand has not really invested anything in Hearts, in fact it can be said he has accepted a reasonable salary, and some special treatment, while not really having returned anything of importance to the team. He has made some very at the time encouraging statements about his desire to achieve fitness and return to playing, unfortunately these have not always, in fact rarely have come to fruition. Is Pinilla likely to change, I don't see it in the near future, in the protected life of the professional athlete there always seems to be some team that is willing to take a chance on players, as long as there are I suspect Pinilla will continue as he has at Hearts. Sad that such a l star has not achieved the potential so obvious.

Unsurprisingly, entirely disagree

Vlad has invested nothing other than a modicum of time in season 1. He just so happens to have access to a lot of credit. Vlad will lose credibility if things go belly up, but as it is companies that will fail I doubt very much if his standard of life would go down.

That aside people are either capable of change or not.

Vlads continued behaviour and attitude over the last 3 years, and Pinilla's continued behaviour and attitude over the last 2 years, although differing types of behaviours, are symptoms of each individuals character and personality.

Yes there are other influencing factors but I'd judge that a 60 odd year old bloke is far LESS likely to change than a guy in his mid-20s.

That said my point was really addressed at the fact that people are quick to write off the "wage thief", but do not apply the same formula to the one person that has put us into the most debt in our history, much more than any player has over the past 2 years

Archived