Pinilla and the "diet policeman"/Pinilla's Parting Shot/Wage Cut (merged threads)

Winston Ingram

Jambof3tornado

At least this explains why the sudden departure given we were all led to believe he was working hard in lithuania ready to start pre season.

12k a week,my asre!!!

Enjoy your career you wage thief!!!

Nade is shaking in terror as we speak with Diet Cop at his door.

Nah, Nade will just eat him ;)

Seems stupid to offer Pinilla ?12k and then hope he'll just sign on the line with 75% off. I'd imagine though the diet cop would be pretty cool.

jeeveswooster.gif

'would sir like full fat or skimmed today?'

'erm.'

At least this explains why the sudden departure given we were all led to believe he was working hard in lithuania ready to start pre season.

12k a week,my asre!!!

Of course Romanov buying out his contract with Inter and then letting him walk out the door for nothing is a good piece of business by Hearts :rolleyes:

Nah, Nade will just eat him ;)

Seems stupid to offer Pinilla ?12k and then hope he'll just sign on the line with 75% off. I'd imagine though the diet cop would be pretty cool.

jeeveswooster.gif

'would sir like full fat or skimmed today?'

'erm.'

Probably :D actualy that gave me an idea - I'm going to Naples next week and I heard they have some major trouble with disposing garbage, trash etc. Wonder if I could rent out Nade to the city and with a bit of ketchup he could clean up? Useful at last!

tommythejambo

12k a week,my asre!!!

Well there's a pleasant first.

Just another case of HMFC over promising since Vlad came in...

How I would love an under promise, over delivering club again.

2 goals from 12 (?) games over almost 3 years.

Even Clum has contributed more and he's GASH.

Auld Reekin'
Of course Romanov buying out his contract with Inter and then letting him walk out the door for nothing is a good piece of business by Hearts :rolleyes:

:blink::ahhhhhhh::banghead2::booze:

Yes indeed - more proof, as if any were needed...

:wacko::silly::dunce::1132:

I thought he'd only been on 4K a week since April !!

Still 3.5k more than he deserved the robbing bar-steward. Shut the door on the way out Pinilla.

Haagse Jambo

Sounds like there were clauses in the contract requiring him to play football, so I can understand his indignation.

el_jambo74
Had to laugh at this one!!

Seems Hearts tried to change his wage from 12k per week to 4k.. no wonder he was not a happy chappy!

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Contract-row-forces-Hearts-to.4244001.jp

Unbelieavable. I can understand his frustration. He feels as though he's totally justified the ?12k a week salary. 8 games in 2 years - jeezo, whit a bargain.

The Daily Express reported that he was promised a massive ?20k a week then the boy that handles the contract came to him with the contract and it started off that he would 'only' be on 25% of that.

It also mentioned that he is looking after his nephew who is enrolled in a school in Edinburgh.

Guest JamboRobbo
Nade is shaking in terror as we speak with Diet Cop at his door.

:laugh: The ground underneath him is shaking also.

For once Hearts got it right.

Pay the guy a reasonable basic then add in appearance money / win bonus etc to make it up to his expectation. Without such an incentive scheme he would have played another 8 games over the next couple of years.

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3765430,00.html

Chile striker Mauricio Pinilla has accused Hearts of a last-minute about-turn on his contract after being released by the Scottish Premier League side.

Pinilla agreed a new three-year deal with Hearts last season, but club owner Vladimir Romanov activated a break clause before the contract's 30th June deadline after the two parties could not settle on terms.

And Pinilla has accused Romanov of slashing an initial salary agreement and has revealed that Hearts also wanted to appoint a diet consultant to monitor his eating habits.

Pinilla - who played only eight games for Hearts after joining from Sporting Lisbon in 2006 - struggled with fitness problems in his time at Tynecastle and, having overcome those setbacks, the 24-year-old feels let down by Romanov.

Eleventh hour

"Everything had been going well for me. I had spoken with Hearts' directors and the owner wanted to double my salary," Pinilla said in the Daily Record.

"But then the official concerned with players' contracts turned up at our training camp in Lithuania. I read my documents and saw that important changes had been made.

"They were now offering me just 25 per cent of what we agreed and they would see about the rest during the season.

"Had they put this to me from the outset then fair enough but instead they did it at the eleventh hour. I was not prepared to play for them under such conditions.

Offers

"They also wanted me to live with a guy a bit like a personal trainer. He would be a diet policeman who would inspect what I had to eat from breakfast all the way through to dinner."

Pinilla, though, claims he has already received offers from other interested clubs and insists he holds ho grudge against Hearts.

"I feel calm as I have offers from clubs in Italy, Portugal, Mexico and Argentina," Pinilla added.

"I wanted to be a part of the Hearts side next season and I have no ill feeling towards anyone at the club."

MAURICIO PINILLA insists Vladimir Romanov wanted to slash his wages then monitor his rations.

Hearts have released the Chilean striker after he refused to accept a new salary package based on incentives.

The Jambos misfit was also up in arms at plans by club owner Romanov to appoint a diet czar to oversee his daily eating habits.

Pinilla, 24, played only eight games for Hearts following his arrival from Sporting Lisbon two years ago and made only two substitute appearances in the last campaign.

He agreed a new three-year deal with the club last season but it had a break clause Hearts activated before its June 30 deadline after Pinilla blew his top when conditions on a deal worth around ?12,000 a week were changed.

Romanov has spent a fortune on the player's rehabilitation, including time in a private clinic being treated for depression, and recently hosted him at his home in Lithuania to ensure he was in good shape for the new season.

But Pinilla has accused the Jambos management of reneging on an earlier agreement and tabling their new offer at the last minute.

He said: "Everything had been going well for me. I had spoken with Hearts' directors and the owner wanted to double my salary.

"But then the official concerned with players' contracts turned up at our training camp in Lithuania. I read my documents and saw that important changes had been made.

"They were now offering me just 25 per cent of what we agreed and they would see about the rest during the season.

"Had they put this to me from the outset then fair enough but instead they did it at the eleventh hour. I was not prepared to play for them under such conditions.

"They also wanted me to live with a guy abit like a personal trainer. He would be a diet policeman who would inspect what I had to eat from breakfast all the way through to dinner.

"I was supposed to have this guy at my side every day. You can't live like this.

"I feel calm as I have offers from clubs in Italy, Portugal, Mexico and Argentina.

But I have been looking after my nephew, Felipe, and I don't know what I will do with him.

"He has enrolled at one of the best schools in Edinburgh. But that is not the worst thing for me. I have just had a quality pre-season for the first time in four years.

"I had sessions with a psychologist, double periods of physical work and boxing and dance classes, where even the Hearts' owner took part. But it has all been for nothing."

The decision to renegotiate Pinilla's contract gives weight to the suggestion officials at the Ubig group, where Romanov is a major shareholder, are beginning to seek tighter controls on spending at Hearts. It is believed the company's financial chief has been taking an ever closer interest behind the scenes at Hearts in recent months on the club's outgoings, with debt levels at more than ?35 million.

Pinilla is also upset a telly programme he claims was being planned on his comeback has now been shelved.

He added: "Scottish Television was making a documentary about me called Pinilla's Coming Back. The best scenes in it were the boxing and dance sessions.

"It was due to go out on both TV and the internet but in the end nothing has happened. It is regrettable as I had been doing so well."

Pinilla, capped 21 times, is looking for his ninth club but insists he and Hearts have a bright future. He added: "I wanted to be a part of the Hearts side next season and I have no ill feeling towards anyone at the club.

"I still see a bright future for them. I don't know who the new coach will be or when he will arrive but there is enough quality there to make it into the UEFA Cup or possibly even the Champions League.

"I really believe the club can turn it around and while the future for me is all about Mauricio Pinilla's career, I will always look out for Hearts' results.

"I haven't had the chance to show the fans what I can do yet because I have had so many injuries but I felt ready for this year.

"The Hearts fans have always given me great support and I wanted to thank them by proving I've got talent. Now I won't get that chance."

The TV show would have been great.

Vlad would have been teaching Pinilla how to dance, then Vlad doing his Burgess Meredith routine telling Pinilla to run up the steps.

Drew Busby !

Football is full of such arrangements where someone looks after the star day in and day out.

5belliesL0903_468x311.jpg

The TV show would have been great.

Vlad would have been teaching Pinilla how to dance, then Vlad doing his Burgess Meredith routine telling Pinilla to run up the steps.

They should still show it.

A reality version of the Office

There is a distinction to be drawn between the lack of usefulness of Pinilla to Hearts, and the manner in which his contract negotiations were dealt with

The manner in which the contract was dealt with appears to replicate how Hearts generally go about their business. Offering something. Getting agreement, then offering less.

Nelly Terraces

Clear to me that Pinila was the lithumaniac criminals next 'pet' project in bigging him up merely to sell on for a profit. This clearly, like every other decision made by the criminal, has nothing to do with the betterment of HMFC on the playing side but everything to do with linings the criminals pockets further.

Dr. Bapswent

What is the world coming to when professional footballers have to have their diets monitored!

Next people will be telling me they have to do exercise!!!

winston churchill
Clear to me that Pinila was the lithumaniac criminals next 'pet' project in bigging him up merely to sell on for a profit. This clearly, like every other decision made by the criminal, has nothing to do with the betterment of HMFC on the playing side but everything to do with linings the criminals pockets further.

it's like the ten little indians movie.

only three left he can punt on.larry-driver-berra the ball watcher

Nelly Terraces
it's like the ten little indians movie.

only three left he can punt on.larry-driver-berra the ball watcher

You could sell the rest for scrap.

First sensible decision the club have made in a LONG time.

In particular - note this point....

"They were now offering me just 25 per cent of what we agreed and they would see about the rest during the season"

This suggests that he was not getting a wage cut so to speak, he was going to be shifted to a structre based more along the lines of paid-per-play. Which, given his past - is a wise and justified decision by the club.

Guest jambomickey
What is the world coming to when professional footballers have to have their diets monitored!

Next people will be telling me they have to do exercise!!!

maybe it was going to be pyjama man who was going to check his diet? what happens at hearts you couldn't make up.

grumpyespana
First sensible decision the club have made in a LONG time.

In particular - note this point....

"They were now offering me just 25 per cent of what we agreed and they would see about the rest during the season"

This suggests that he was not getting a wage cut so to speak, he was going to be shifted to a structre based more along the lines of paid-per-play. Which, given his past - is a wise and justified decision by the club.

Well done Vlad Pinilla was a waste of space , now bring in a decent manager and three decent strikers what we have left is just dross.

Grumpy.

We_are_the_Hearts

Wage thief or not, Pinigol is high profile and this treatment will put players coming to Hearts. More bad publicity.................Romanov GTF:mad:

Dr. Bapswent
maybe it was going to be pyjama man who was going to check his diet? what happens at hearts you couldn't make up.

But the papers and posters frequently do.

Guest jambomickey
But the papers and posters frequently do.

vast majority of what papers have said has been true but some hearts fans have been blinded by vlads paranoid rubbish

Guest jambomickey
Wage thief or not, Pinigol is high profile and this treatment will put players coming to Hearts. More bad publicity.................Romanov GTF:mad:

agree with you about players not wanting to touch us

ArmiyaRomanova

Presumably no-one wants to play for the EPL sides that monitor their players' diets either?

How about Romanov paying for Pinilla's depression treatment and having faith in him for the best part of two years?

As for wages, surely Pinilla has to accept that his value has dropped significantly as a result of his own behaviour - why shouldn't this be reflected in his wage packet?

You're clutching at straws here.

Presumably no-one wants to play for the EPL sides that monitor their players' diets either?

How about Romanov paying for Pinilla's depression treatment and having faith in him for the best part of two years?

As for wages, surely Pinilla has to accept that his value has dropped significantly as a result of his own behaviour - why shouldn't this be reflected in his wage packet?

You're clutching at straws here.

I might be wrong but as far as I am aware his behaviour - since offered the original new deal - has been pretty good. He even agreed to and completed his sentence in Lithuania

I agree in principle as regards the waste of money that he has been

But it is bizarre in the extreme to have invested everything that has been - over the last 12 months in particular - just to walk away from it at the last minute

ArmiyaRomanova
I might be wrong but as far as I am aware his behaviour - since offered the original new deal - has been pretty good. He even agreed to and completed his sentence in Lithuania

But it is bizarre in the extreme to have invested everything that has been - over the last 12 months in particular - just to walk away from it at the last minute

Seems it's Pinilla that's walked away - the club probably tried to put him on a performance and win-related wage strategy (we've heard talk of this being implemented, and it's not a bad idea given the many lack-lustre team performances last season) and he baulked at the prospect.

Has he maybe had another 'blowout' whilst over in Kaunas though, precipitating one of Vlads famous kneejerk 'sackings'

I dont see why we would molly-coddle him further ( possibly at more expense to HMFC ? ) just to take a snap decision to release him.

The contract 'negotiations' sound a bit shambolic, if we believe what HIS side are saying, but I would hope that Pedro would have got better at those by now so maybe there is more to this than meets the eye ?

Ryan Gosling
Seems it's Pinilla that's walked away - the club probably tried to put him on a performance and win-related wage strategy (we've heard talk of this being implemented, and it's not a bad idea given the many lack-lustre team performances last season) and he baulked at the prospect.

The performance issue wasn't the problem. The deal agreed was for ?4k per week basic with appearance and goal bonuses etc. making up the rest, and it took it beyond ?4k. But anyway who cares now?

Feel really bad for his nephew though.

ArmiyaRomanova
The performance issue wasn't the problem. The deal agreed was for ?4k per week basic with appearance and goal bonuses etc. making up the rest, and it took it beyond ?4k. But anyway who cares now?

Feel really bad for his nephew though.

Interesting - I thought that the deal was the sticking point - though you say it was agreed. If it was, I wonder what really did precipitate his departure. Surely not the diet monitoring, since that's fairly standard at major clubs?

Ryan Gosling
Interesting - I thought that the deal was the sticking point - though you say it was agreed. If it was, I wonder what really did precipitate his departure. Surely not the diet monitoring, since that's fairly standard at major clubs?

The problem was Romanov suggested these terms, and Pinilla suggested a compromise. They had until June 30 to get back to Pinilla and the next morning, his contract was terminated.

As I said in another thread, for a player to take an 8k drop in basic wage says alot for his commitment. To try and make it lower than that if true then its a joke. A deal is a deal and all that.

That's what I think. He actually looked like he'd be available to play from the start and hell, possibly even see out the whole season. Why invest so much, promise the big money then completely switch that all around? Offered double wages and then been told you're getting a 75% wage cut instead? Just another of Romanov's 11th hour switch arounds, is he hoping Pinilla would just meekly accept it? Another Romanov power play?

And then after all that money spent and in the middle of the fecking transfer window he lets him walk for free. Madness. Pinilla could just wander into another club, pick up a massive signing on bonus, fat new contract and start playing after Hearts have got him fully into shape.

Sure folk think he's a wage thief, probably is, but Hearts have turned him around and then given him to another team. To me, that's just mental.

kissthebadge

Anyone else see his time in Lithuania as nothing more than a chance to get decent footage for the documentary of him & the general dancing? I envisage other scenes similar to those in Rocky III with Rocky & Apollo running on the beach & finishing with a hugging session in the sea.

As sad as it sounds, the possibility of seeing that clown play this season was the only positive thing I had to hold on to.

Is there any chance that the past 3 years have been a documentary /soap opera and will soon be over when the director yells ?That?s a rap???

Tres depressed.

KTB

Archived