Uche's best bits

kila

Nice to see Hearts sticking up for their player after pathetic comments on Sportscene last night about his embarrassing control/tumble after just coming on.

Uche on his day is a player, hopefully Stendel can get more out of him. The video reel Hearts put together is a reminder of what he can be.

Was a howler to be fair, although he was just on the pitch.  Actually thought he was decent after that and caused them problems.  We still tend to hit high balls to him though, when this happens he gives a lot of fouls away.  Much more effective when balls are played into his feet.

29 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Those goals from Uche are so long ago that we had to digitally remaster the footage.

You could say the same for a Craig Gordon highlight reel, doesn’t stop you banging on about a 37-year-old 3rd choice keeper though does it?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Sutherland is just a wee slimey jobby....best flushed away roon the u bend

as for MS and "thomo".... what a pair of utter helmets !  actually a helmet is useful, that pair are not !

Like to see them giggle in Uche's face.....  stained chino's, or slimers in the loafers with no socks on....   

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

You could say the same for a Craig Gordon highlight reel, doesn’t stop you banging on about a 37-year-old 1st choice keeper though does it?

Craig Gordon has played twice for Celtic since Uches last goal.....

SectionDJambo

Michael Stewart knows what funny is. He’s the guy who slipped onto his rear end trying to kick something, down the tunnel, after being sent off.

Now that was funny.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

That information, on it’s own, means little to nothing. 

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Michael Stewart knows what funny is. He’s the guy who slipped onto his rear end trying to kick something, down the tunnel, after being sent off.

Now that was funny.

there was nothing funny about it at the time. 

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

And in those two games could you form a highlight reel? Could you do so from the last couple of years even? You’re just being stubborn.

33 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Was a howler to be fair, although he was just on the pitch.  Actually thought he was decent after that and caused them problems.  We still tend to hit high balls to him though, when this happens he gives a lot of fouls away.  Much more effective when balls are played into his feet.

Yeah, its all well and good criticising him when he's poor, but a little recognition from his team mates that he's not a target man despite his size would be nice. 

He's a handful for defenders, so is always going to cause problems. He really does need to work on his ability to control the ball though. Its not the first time he should have been left red faced in his attempt at receiving the ball.

I'd like to see him playing wide on the shoulder of the defender. See about playing balls for him to run on to. Physically he's beating any fullback, pace is decent for a big guy and all we really need is for it to come off once. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Not on its own it doesn’t. On it’s own it means little. 

You want some dates to firm it up ?

22nd September since the big 110%’er scored. Even Steven McLean scored twice since Uche last found the back of the net.

He’s actually only scored twice more for Hearts this season than the much maligned Craig Wighton despite playing 24 more games. 

If he was at Hibs we’d be laughing.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

And in those two games could you form a highlight reel? Could you do so from the last couple of years even? You’re just being stubborn.

I’m just being right......

You want some dates to firm it up ?

22nd September since the big 110%’er scored. Even Steven McLean scored twice since Uche last found the back of the net.

He’s actually only scored twice more for Hearts this season than the much maligned Craig Wighton despite playing 24 more games. 

Thanks

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It just means Uche is shit. 

Not like our own ‘fans’ to slag off one of our players on a thread trying to defend him against sh!te punditry from the media 🙄

Some very sensitive souls on here. It was a pretty funny clip - and showing it on sportscene doesn't mean it was intended as a dig at Uche's overall ability. 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Always seems to be good for a goal against them though -just sayin'

Just now, combo74 said:

Not like our own ‘fans’ to slag off one of our players on a thread trying to defend him against sh!te punditry from the media 🙄

You can’t defend the indefensible.

Uche is every bit as culpable as guys like Berra, Whelan, Mulraney and McLean  for us being in this lowly position.

We were happy to rid ourselves of these guys but some appear to think Uche is a cult hero or something......the reality his performances in the past year have been mostly horrendous.

You can’t defend the indefensible.

Uche is every bit as culpable as guys like Berra, Whelan, Mulraney and McLean  for us being in this lowly position.

We were happy to rid ourselves of these guys but some appear to think Uche is a cult hero or something......the reality his performances in the past year have been mostly horrendous.

Just as culpable as Michael Smith, Steven Naismith, Sean Clare and every other player who was on the books, should we slag them off as well?

A_A wehatethehibs

The man scores big goals in front of the Hearts end at Easter Road. For that reason alone he is an absolute essential member of the squad and an unarguable PHM. 

The sledgehammer of the Hibs 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Just as culpable as Michael Smith, Steven Naismith, Sean Clare and every other player who was on the books, should we slag them off as well?

At the end of the day Dan Is the Man and he sees him as a good option off the bench which has been proven right. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Fill yer boots......

Just now, GinRummy said:

At the end of the day Dan Is the Man and he sees him as a good option off the bench which has been proven right. 

And Dan will still be the man when Uche is punted......

Uche looked superb at the start of last season. That injury seemed to set him back a fair bit and hasn't looked as good since although there have been glimpses. 

Still has plenty to offer us I feel.

Just now, DH1986 said:

And Dan will still be the man when Uche is punted......

I said in another thread, I doubt if he’ll nail down a starting place (barring injuries) and similarly doubt Uche will be happy to stay a sub forever so he’ll likely be away in the summer, hopefully after another goal against hibs.

10 minutes ago, been here before said:

1m 28 secs of highlights from nearly 18 months/40 games.

:rofl:

"impact player" though.

Never realised it was every highlight? Where did you find that out?

Edited by GinRummy

been here before
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Never realised it was every highlight? Where did you find that out?

Ah right its his shitelights. Theyve knocked up a video of his crappest moments at Hearts.

Or is a shite point about the semantics of one word your point?

Awww look you've edited your post.

Edited by been here before

Ricardo Shillyshally

Good to see us sticking up for ourselves two weeks in a row. Hopefully a sign of things to come with better PR management.

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I said in another thread, I doubt if he’ll nail down a starting place (barring injuries) and similarly doubt Uche will be happy to stay a sub forever so he’ll likely be away in the summer, hopefully after another goal against hibs.

Probably, then a select few on this thread can say they told us so.

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ah right its his shitelights. Theyve knocked up a video of his crappest moments at Hearts.

Or is a shite point about the semantics of one word your point?

Awww look you've edited your post.

I edited my post because I typed ever and meant to type every. You laughing at the length of his highlights was just a wee bit weird. It it would presumably only be funny if it was all his highlights and it clearly isn’t. 

edit: shitelights though!  Wait till you tell your classmates that one tomorrow. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, graygo said:

Probably, then a select few on this thread can say they told us so.

He’s probably not good enough long term but he’s had his moments and shown up fairly well off the bench recently. Why some are absolutely revelling in sticking the boot in is strange. I’d understand it if he was playing shite but he isn’t. 

been here before
Just now, GinRummy said:

I edited my post because I typed ever and meant to type every. You laughing at the length of his highlights was just a wee bit weird. It it would presumably only be funny if it was all his highlights had it clearly isn’t. 

You know thats just a wee cartoon figure thing used to indicate humour and isnt physically representative of me rolling around the living room floor with tear streaming down my face?

But do continue your ridiculous premise... 

The guy works his socks off every time he plays. Yes he clearly is not the most talented footballer going, but he has attributes that can be effective and we should be willing to see what Stendel can do with him if given a run of games. He’s looked good off the bench the last couple weeks. The abuse is unnecessary.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

You know thats just a wee cartoon figure thing used to indicate humour and isnt physically representative of me rolling around the living room floor with tear streaming down my face?

But do continue your ridiculous premise... 

ok. Will do.

Am not a Uche fan but well done the club. Can’t have anyone thinking it’s acceptable to mock any of our players. I also don’t understand why any fan would comment on this in any negative way. 

Just now, karipidis said:

The guy works his socks off every time he plays. Yes he clearly is not the most talented footballer going, but he has attributes that can be effective and we should be willing to see what Stendel can do with him if given a run of games. He’s looked good off the bench the last couple weeks. The abuse is unnecessary.

100% this. 

been here before
1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Great comments from so called Hearts fans, well done in supporting your team.:thumb:

Brilliantly predictable.

How is anyone typing they think Uche is a bit shite on here going to affect the Hearts team?

Good to see a so called Hearts fan thinking an entusiastic but extremely limited and skillfully inept player is good enough for the club, well done in supporting the team.