Christophe Berra

mscjambo

8 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Heard from a friend of a friend that Berra has had a chat with Dundee FC. Might be a lot of rubbish but just passing on what I’ve heard. Don’t shoot the messenger. Also apologies if already been posted. 

Robbie texted into the Laurie Dunsmuir podcast and said he had no interest in Berra. Loves the guy but not interested. Mark Donaldson texted to ask him as they were recording.

Edited by Jammy T

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

It was Jane Lewis.

Obviously hurting but not sure it was a clever thing to do.

Club premise, club uniform etc.

He has been poor since he returned but did he return too soon (on request)?

Probably did to help out, unfortunately it may have sacrificed his career.

Not unusual for new manager to clear out traces of previous, particularly if the old manager is still in the building!

Anyhow I hope he can return one day and get the respect and Thanks he deserves for the majority of his service

Did you hear Jane Lewis in the interview?  She put her name to it.  That’s all.  Jane Lewis isn’t kicking about Riccarton. 

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Did you hear Jane Lewis in the interview?  She put her name to it.  That’s all.  Jane Lewis isn’t kicking about Riccarton. 

The interview I saw actually showed Jane Lewis.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Robbie texted into the Laurie Dunsmuir podcast and said he had no interest in Berra. Loves the guy but not interested. Mark Donaldson texted to ask him as they were recording.

He said Dundee mate not Dundee Utd.. who you are correct are definitely defo not interested 

Dundee, Falkirk or Dunfermline is my guess 

Edited by kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He said Dundee mate not Dundee Utd.. who you are correct are definitely defo not interested 

Partick Thistle would be mine.

Just now, The Roller said:

There was something on the radio this afternoon saying they were planning a big window. 

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You’re right. Cheers

Dundee will want to contribute about 50p to his wages of the Wighton stuff is right.

Berra is still a good enough bottom 6 SPL defender for teams playing containment - would be disappointed if any team below Aberdeen wasn’t interested to be honest (other than Hibs)

Edited by Jammy T

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Berra is still a good enough bottom 6 SPL defender for teams playing containment 

That’s unfortunately just not true.

I’d be delighted if Hamilton or St Mirren signed him.

5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Boils down to  if Berra actually wants to go to any of those clubs(if they want him)

Only one way to get over the hurt and anger....

6 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Boils down to  if Berra actually wants to go to any of those clubs(if they want him)

And he can agree a settlement with us. 

Rangers and Hibs have been able to afford extended gardening leave to well paid managers in recent years.  If it comes to that, I'm sure we can as well.

He'd be a good fit for St Johnstone if they lose Kerr IMO, Wright has a good track record of getting cast offs from other teams in the league and forming them into a half decent side.

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And he can agree a settlement with us. 

After mouthing off to the media he's lucky Hearts haven't ripped his contract up.😕

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Don’t think he will fancy moving and don’t think he’d fancy that drive..

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

After mouthing off to the media he's lucky Hearts haven't ripped his contract up.😕

I’m sure we would if we could. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Don’t think he will fancy moving and don’t think he’d fancy that drive..

Unless I’m missing something, Maryhill is a shorter commute than Dundee which you suggested as a destination?

I could see Berra hanging his boots up before moving to a dundee, partick thistle etc. I reckon he'll have made decent money from football and believe he has invested in property. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure we would if we could. 

Would be poor from the club if they ripped up his contract. The guy has been a good servant to the club, of all the wasters during the Budge era we have given a wage to, I don’t begrudge Berra getting one. 

28 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I could see Berra hanging his boots up before moving to a dundee, partick thistle etc. I reckon he'll have made decent money from football and believe he has invested in property. 

Maybe he still enjoys playing. 

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Would be poor from the club if they ripped up his contract. The guy has been a good servant to the club, of all the wasters during the Budge era we have given a wage to, I don’t begrudge Berra getting one. 

Money is money and a contract works both ways. He hasn’t helped his negotiating position.

No problem with Berra being told he’s free to go but can’t understand forcing him to train with the reserves, if he doesn’t move on in the window and we get a few injuries we might end up needing him as cover. He’s a first team player and should be treated as one regardless of any politics.

Heard last night that on the Sunday the news was broken to Berra it was actually left to Levein to tell him. Not sure if that has already been discussed on the thread but that’s poor from Stendel. 

12 minutes ago, The Duke said:

No problem with Berra being told he’s free to go but can’t understand forcing him to train with the reserves, if he doesn’t move on in the window and we get a few injuries we might end up needing him as cover. He’s a first team player and should be treated as one regardless of any politics.

Heard last night that on the Sunday the news was broken to Berra it was actually left to Levein to tell him. Not sure if that has already been discussed on the thread but that’s poor from Stendel. 

Not sure you can say it's poor from Stendel unless you know for sure everything that has taken place. We are talking rumours band here say.

Ultimately Stendel's only concern is keeping hearts in the league. Everything in the club depends on that. Underperforming players and staff who put us in this position can't really feel aggrieved. Respect Berra but we are not in possession of the facts .

19 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Poor form from Stendel? 

Isn't that why Budge has kept levein on? 

25 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I think Berra threw the toys out the pram going by how he has reacted publicly and he’s been demoted to the reserves.

Anyway this is Levein’s mess - if he isn’t here to help clear out the shite then he should be gone now. But Budge kept him on for this purpose.

Lets not forget the disconnect between players on the pitch and the fans in the stands. Do I care about Berra’s feelings as we sit adrift at the bottom? Do I ****!!

Edited by kila

24 minutes ago, The Duke said:

He’ll be training with the reserves because he’s not part of the first team plans. 

Only a theory, but I believe there was serious resistance to DS from the players. If Berra was involved in that he’d be the first out the door if I were Stendel. There’s also the obvious fact he’s not good enough anymore. 

15 minutes ago, kila said:

I think Berra threw the toys out the pram going by how he has reacted publicly and he’s been demoted to the reserves.

Anyway this is Levein’s mess - if he isn’t here to help clear out the shite then he should be gone now. But Budge kept him on for this purpose.

Lets not forget the disconnect between players on the pitch and the fans in the stands. Do I care about Berra’s feelings as we sit adrift at the bottom? Do I ****!!

This! 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, The Duke said:

I have no idea if thats true. If it is.........

4 hours ago, The Duke said:

Poor from Stendel?!? Isn’t that part of the reason that Levein is still there????

If you read the statement from AB it says that AM and CL are responsible for moving on the players not required.

In Berras wee tirade with the press he mentions Stendel by name so I'm not sure how true what your saying is. 

If he wanted to stick the boot in making some reference to the manager leaving it to Levein would surely have been referenced? 

18 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Poor from Stendel?!? Isn’t that part of the reason that Levein is still there????

Yes that is one of the reasons why Levein is still here to assist with getting rid off the players he signed that are no part of Stendel's future plans.

Never a nice thing to have to do but then that's what happens in football.

Let's face it if Levein hadn't signed so many inept players then his current task would be a lot easier.

Edited by wavydavy

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Let's afce it if Levein hadn't signed so many inept players then his current task would be a lot easier

Nail on head. Here's hoping it doesn't have too much of a negative effect

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I have no idea if thats true. If it is.........

Hope it is. 

a) Levein, suddenly, from nowhere, actually has a usefulness, 

b) Imagine the red kip of being made to shovel his own shite out the door (although I would exempt Berra from that). 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

In Berras wee tirade with the press he mentions Stendel by name so I'm not sure how true what your saying is. 

If he wanted to stick the boot in making some reference to the manager leaving it to Levein would surely have been referenced? 

It’s definitely true, heard it from someone I trust who is close to a player. 

Storm in a teacup perhaps but find it strange man management from Stendel as it has had a negative effect on the group given the manner of the delivery of said news to Berra. 

Levein can assist in moving him on by all by all means but should not be the messenger for the head coach, a certain irony in that for sure!

I think subsequently Berra has spoken to Stendel but kind of irrelevant now.

One other thing i got told was that Stendel rates Uche.

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

It’s definitely true, heard it from someone I trust who is close to a player. 

Storm in a teacup perhaps but find it strange man management from Stendel as it has had a negative effect on the group given the manner of the delivery of said news to Berra. 

Levein can assist in moving him on by all by all means but should not be the messenger for the head coach, a certain irony in that for sure!

I think subsequently Berra has spoken to Stendel but kind of irrelevant now.

One other thing i got told was that Stendel rates Uche.

This. Poor managment and leadership to have others relay that decision to Berra, if true. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

If you read the statement from AB it says that AM and CL are responsible for moving on the players not required.

That comes after you are removed from your position, they are not the info conduit.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

That comes after you are removed from your position, they are not the info conduit.

I agree. Stendel should be the guy that gives the message and then leave it to others to manage the player out. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, robbo1874 said:

Nail on head. Here's hoping it doesn't have too much of a negative effect

The negative effect will be reduced by keeping those not required out of the way of the 1st team.

4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

My post was in reply to this.

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. Stendel should be the guy that gives the message and then leave it to others to manage the player out. 

Im keeping an open mind as i dont have 1st hand info, but thats poor. I  thought first team issues where off limits for these two nowadays! 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The negative effect will be reduced by keeping those not required out of the way of the 1st team.

Agreed. He needs the space to instill his own mentality into the squad. 

My main concern was the lack of funds (relative) due to chancers like Martin etc  not allowing him to shape the squad the way he wants to . 

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Im keeping an open mind as i dont have 1st hand info, but thats poor. I  thought first team issues where off limits for these two nowadays! 

If players are training with the reserves then they are not first team. Ann said they would be supporting Daniel in getting players in/out at the agm 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, robbo1874 said:

Agreed. He needs the space to instill his own mentality into the squad. 

My main concern was the lack of funds (relative) due to chancers like Martin etc  not allowing him to shape the squad the way he wants to . 

I think DS knows what his budget is and doesnt want to waste it so he will be more careful than many posters would be with regards to signings.

We cant get this wrong.

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, The Duke said:

One of Leveins jobs is to get rid of the players he signed that DS wants to ship out.

I’d rather he was a million miles away from Tynie but if he’s hanging around like a bad smell then he can help clear up the mess he’s responsible for

In saying that, DS should have told CB that he was free to go. 

Edited by Dagger Is Back

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think DS knows what his budget is and doesnt want to waste it so he will be more careful than many posters would be with regards to signings.

We cant get this wrong.

No we can't this time. Pressure is on due to previous transfer windows being pretty brutal.

I'm not in panic mode or anything like that. I do have slight concern in  giving players time to adjust but there's not much he can do about it. 

Let's hope whoever is brought in manages to get up to speed with our game quickly enough. Rebuilding while we're adrift at the bottom isn't ideal for any manager but we didn't have the choice.  

22 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

This. Poor managment and leadership to have others relay that decision to Berra, if true. 

I think Stendel would have told him tbf.

He doesn't seem to mind offending people, which could explain Joey Barton punching him in the puss....!