Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Cheers. 👍

Zero deaths in Scotland again. 😁

Did she wag her finger and threaten to close the pubs again after the outbreak in Aberdeen? 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Did she wag her finger and threaten to close the pubs again after the outbreak in Aberdeen? 

Just wait until Winter when the annual cough and cold bugs go around.

Our doors will be nailed shut and flame throwers will be deployed onto the street.

We have moved from "flattening the curve" to "stop the NHS being overwhelmed"

to " eradicate the virus entirely whilst the NHS is running vastly undercapacity and the economy has been destroyed"

Not sure when the policy changed, but some folks sure seem to be enjoying the attention and power

14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

No and yes.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Pretty much. 

Bairns about to start school to get £200 for expenses associated with starting school. 

The Scottish gov has been doing OK given a few blips here and there but it is getting too much about the bairns now. £200 would be better spent given over to free ppe for everyone! 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

It would be worth it just to see Enzo And The Loonies have a collective nervous breakdown on this thread 😁

:lol:

Think the article that JFK posted on the previous page is a good one, and one I have thought about recently. 

A lot of people seem to be placing a lot of hope in a vaccine being found which will eradicate this virus and allow everything to go back to normal. It doesn’t seem very likely this will happen, and as this fact dawns on people that the virus is here to stay I wonder what the general reaction will be. 

40 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If she shuts the pubs, it's the bellends own fault. 

Edited by ri Alban

Ainsley Harriott
49 minutes ago, graygo said:

Cheers. 👍

Zero deaths in Scotland again. 😁

Depends on the set of figures you use. If you look at the National Records of Scotland there have been registered covid deaths. Not sure of the method but the Scottish Government don't report these.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If she shuts the pubs, it's the bellends on fault. 

It'd just be a shame for the folk who aren't bellends.

From what I've experienced most city centre pubs along with those in more affluent areas and their patrons appear to be doing a good job, the council scheme pubs not so much.

Jambo-Jimbo
17 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Think the article that JFK posted on the previous page is a good one, and one I have thought about recently. 

A lot of people seem to be placing a lot of hope in a vaccine being found which will eradicate this virus and allow everything to go back to normal. It doesn’t seem very likely this will happen, and as this fact dawns on people that the virus is here to stay I wonder what the general reaction will be. 

I also don't think a lot of people have realised that if/when a vaccine is developed most of them ain't gonna be in the first wave to receive it, if they are in their 20's - 50 in good health they won't be getting a covid jab in the first wave.

Basically the first wave of people to get the vaccine will be pretty much all of those who qualify for a free NHS flu jab and that'll include health care workers, police, army, the old and the vulnerable, everybody else will have to just wait.

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

From what I've experienced most city centre pubs along with those in more affluent areas and their patrons appear to be doing a good job, the council scheme pubs not so much.

I am not totally up to speed with the rules but I think once you are in the pub you can't just go outside whenever you fancy a smoke and then go back inside again. I was in Leith at the weekend and there were lots of smokers standing outside pubs in the usual way. I can see problems there.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I am not totally up to speed with the rules but I think once you are in the pub you can't just go outside whenever you fancy a smoke and then go back inside again. I was in Leith at the weekend and there were lots of smokers standing outside pubs in the usual way. I can see problems there.

I think that's against the rules.

Over the weekend I've been in Charwood at the old Buckstone Pavillion, the Spylaw Tavern, the Kilted Pig, and Boroughmuir rugby club at Meggetland.  All absolutely impeccable. It's a pain not being able to cross tables for a blether with mates or peop up the bar, but that's just how it is for now. It wont be like this forever.

manaliveits105

Did she slam the weegie ceptic bampots who lined the streets for the players bus yesterday - thought not 

nothing to see here 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Over the weekend I've been in Charwood at the old Buckstone Pavillion, the Spylaw Tavern, the Kilted Pig, and Boroughmuir rugby club at Meggetland.  All absolutely impeccable. It's a pain not being able to cross tables for a blether with mates or peop up the bar, but that's just how it is for now. It wont be like this forever.

Normality is something we all crave but to keep the pubs going in the short term everyone has to sacrifice a little freedom. Quite a few think things are back to normal right now and that is putting the very survival of the hospitality industry at risk.

59 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Depends on the set of figures you use. If you look at the National Records of Scotland there have been registered covid deaths. Not sure of the method but the Scottish Government don't report these.

SG only count confirmed cases, NRS count suspected cases where Covid-19 is mentioned on the death certificate.

I'm happy to use either method as long as their measures are consistent as they show the trend.

Edited by graygo

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Normality is something we all crave but to keep the pubs going in the short term everyone has to sacrifice a little freedom. Quite a few think things are back to normal right now and that is putting the very survival of the hospitality industry at risk.

Ainsley as I’ve said earlier I’m doing my utmost to help the hospitality industry by visiting my Local more frequently.

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good to see you doing your bit GT.

The Internet
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I don't go to pubs much even in normal times but from what I've heard pubs in Scotland are doing pretty well with it all and making a serious effort. England not so much. 

Nucky Thompson
32 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

England not so much. 

I was in the Brown Bear in Berwick a couple of weeks ago and everything was spot on.

They were building a big outdoor area with a giant roof canopy. Looked class

42 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I don't go to pubs much even in normal times but from what I've heard pubs in Scotland are doing pretty well with it all and making a serious effort. England not so much. 

Depends on the pub TBH. Spent best part of 3 weeks in Scotland until Thursday and most places were pretty tight to the point of being ridiculous. A couple of exceptions although I haven't seen anything too concerning. Obviously there was enough to make Nicola cry though.

Came back to London to deserted pubs and pretty stringent rules.A  problem is that when there are a few regulars who know each other and they've had a few pints the awareness breaks down, usually around closing time. 

As other people have said in Certain areas, in certain towns the rules are ignored and the problems arise. I read today that infection rates are rising in 22 London Boroughs although where I live that's an increase of 7 in a week, up from 4 to 11 I believe.

Edited by SE16 3LN
Fat Fingers

Enzo Chiefo
56 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The day before polling at the Holyrood elections next year, when she’ll still be doing daily briefings, she’ll be announcing no COVID deaths for 10 months.

And advising folk not to wash their hands with soap to protect the dermatitis clinics from becoming overwhelmed 😁

44 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I was in a pub for the first time since lockdown on Saturday. They took everyone's name and phone number on entry. Table service only and tables were all spaced well apart. Worked well. 

I hate standing in packed pubs and waiting ages getting served at the bar, so it was actually an improved experience for me. 

This in Aberdeen though:

:vrface:

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

The day before polling at the Holyrood elections next year, when she’ll still be doing daily briefings, she’ll be announcing no COVID deaths for 10 months.

That would be fantastic, here's hoping that is the case. 

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Aye that's what will happen. Meanwhile Boris will be telling England that it's still too soon to come out of lockdown as daily deaths are still in 3 figures.

:facepalm:

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Pretty much. 

Bairns about to start school to get £200 for expenses associated with starting school. 

Where did you hear this bud? 

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The COVID briefing this afternoon. 

I can’t remember full details/never paid that much attention.

https://www.mygov.scot/best-start-grant-best-start-foods/

The link to page with details School Age Payment is what your looking for. Think its actually £250.

Cheers bud, looks as though you need to be in receipt of certain benefits to claim. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And advising folk not to wash their hands with soap to protect the dermatitis clinics from becoming overwhelmed 😁

LOL its actually hard to know whats a joke now and whats serious regarding the SG response and UK G too.   

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Where did you hear this bud? 

Yes can you elaborate about this £ 200 ? thing ?

Montgomery Brewster
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Did she slam the weegie ceptic bampots who lined the streets for the players bus yesterday - thought not 

nothing to see here 

Always the victims never their fault. Odious club 

Enzo Chiefo
44 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LOL its actually hard to know whats a joke now and whats serious regarding the SG response and UK G too.   

Yes, you're right James. Both govts seem desperate to keep ratcheting up the fear factor. 1 pub reporting cases out of the hundreds or thousands that have reopened does not justify even the mention of closing them again. The common factor with all these localised pockets of cases is that the main symptom is "feeling fine". Wait for that to be added to the list of symptoms with which you have to self-isolate for 7 days, or 10, or 14??  😂

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, you're right James. Both govts seem desperate to keep ratcheting up the fear factor. 1 pub reporting cases out of the hundreds or thousands that have reopened does not justify even the mention of closing them again. The common factor with all these localised pockets of cases is that the main symptom is "feeling fine". Wait for that to be added to the list of symptoms with which you have to self-isolate for 7 days, or 10, or 14??  😂

LOL @ " feeling fine " as a new symptom.....it just    wouldn't surprise me at all.  Yes the media madness today about the Aberdeen pub when you quite rightly said 100s of pubs all across Scotland have been opened and no issues reported .  Cant the SG not reassure people and state clearly that these are isolated cases and being dealt with promptly without being all dramatic about it. Apparently when  NG " saw the images from the pub it made her " want to cry"......

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Pubs should not have been reopened. It attracts the dumbfecks like a light attracts moths. 

:Shoosh:

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Pubs should not have been reopened. It attracts the dumbfecks like a light attracts moths. 

You must be going to the wrong pubs then 

7 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Can you go into opticians now and just browse new glasses??

Before I wore contact lenses I'd be offered the chance to try frames and see what they looked like on me. Shame that I couldn't focus much further than 8" :lol: 

Enzo Chiefo
28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LOL @ " feeling fine " as a new symptom.....it just    wouldn't surprise me at all.  Yes the media madness today about the Aberdeen pub when you quite rightly said 100s of pubs all across Scotland have been opened and no issues reported .  Cant the SG not reassure people and state clearly that these are isolated cases and being dealt with promptly without being all dramatic about it. Apparently when  NG " saw the images from the pub it made her " want to cry"......

Yes, you're right. A bit of common sense and perspective wouldn't go amiss. I've been to several pubs and restaurants and they all have their own rules, depending on the size etc. But they all follow the guidelines and people respect that. We don't need Sturgeon every lunch time painting a gloomy,  doomsday picture that simply doesn't chime with reality. She goes through FACTS every day but today she started highlighting the letters too...."face covering...that's F.......". She should have got Dom Cummings to write her a catchy 3 worder like Hands, Face, Space😎

3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Isn’t the SNP the only political party selling masks with their logo? You got one?

Still waiting on delivery, got this to do for now though.

images (3).jpeg

As lockdown restrictions ease the British return to terrorising the continent. 

A Mid-Air Brawl has broken out on a flight to Ibiza after two men refused to wear face masks.

Pandemonium erupted as punches were thrown soon after the KLM Boeing 737 filled with British holiday-makers took off from Amsterdam for the Spanish island on Friday.

Masks are mandatory on board KLM flights and at airports in the Netherlands but two passengers at the centre of the drama refused to abide by the rule introduced to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

The flight crew was able to restrain the men with the help of other passengers, pinning one man — whose face was bloodied after he was on the receiving end of a number of blows from passengers — to the cabin floor.

The men were arrested by Spanish police on arrival.

Several people are heard shouting, “Stop now! There are kids over here!”

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

As lockdown restrictions ease the British return to terrorising the continent. 

Youthful exuberance.

6 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

5 UK deaths, the lowest since lockdown began 

Will lay you a 5 gbp bet that will go back up during Aug/Sep?

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I have been in a few pubs in London and all have been applying the rules. Mostly they are pretty empty  ... today we had lunch in a pub where the nearest other customer was at least 10 metres away. What is your assessment of England not making so.much of an effort based on?

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

5 UK deaths, the lowest since lockdown began 

So that is Coronavirus 5 the rest 1675.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I have been in a few pubs in London and all have been applying the rules. Mostly they are pretty empty  ... today we had lunch in a pub where the nearest other customer was at least 10 metres away. What is your assessment of England not making so.much of an effort based on?

I've just came back from 10 nights in Eyemouth. Think theres 5 pubs there but I was only in 3 and out of that 3 there was only 1 doing things properly. Jumped on a bus and went to Berwick for a day, went into 2 pubs and both were doing the track and trace better than the 2 in Eyemouth.

The Internet
9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Know a few guys that were in South shields/Newcastle at the weekend and they said it was a shambles, not only that crowds were gathering but that there was no measures in place anyway. Plenty reports online saying the same. Obviously depends where you go. 

8 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I've just came back from 10 nights in Eyemouth. Think theres 5 pubs there but I was only in 3 and out of that 3 there was only 1 doing things properly. Jumped on a bus and went to Berwick for a day, went into 2 pubs and both were doing the track and trace better than the 2 in Eyemouth.

I was in the contented Sole Monday last week. Did their best but its a tiny pub.

37 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Know a few guys that were in South shields/Newcastle at the weekend and they said it was a shambles, not only that crowds were gathering but that there was no measures in place anyway. Plenty reports online saying the same. Obviously depends where you go. 

Will happen all over the U.K.

Look at the photos from Aberdeen on the previous page.  Young people don’t really care and only want a good night out be that in London or Aberdeen 

48 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Why make a comparison between between England and Scotland based on a couple of your mates going to Whitley Bay for the weekend? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic