Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

11 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Anyway, back in the real world, it's remarkable how simple science becomes when you **checks notes** ignore smart people who've spent years developing and refining their scientific research expertise and instead **checks notes again** listen to people who never finished school. :laugh:

Are you telling me that the School of Youtube isn't an accredited qualification?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

escobri

Covid thread bingo today, wishing death on others✔️5g✔️interment camps✔️magnets✔️ just need the conspiracy gif and algorithms for a full house. Where is @Jeffros Furios 🤣

escobri
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I picked up something rotten on holiday last week. Wonder if it was covid at last. Still waiting on a booster post 2022.

Is there not a spring booster programme? Serious question.

Ulysses
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Are you telling me that the School of Youtube isn't an accredited qualification?

Not yet.  🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, escobri said:

Covid thread bingo today, wishing death on others✔️5g✔️interment camps✔️magnets✔️ just need the conspiracy gif and algorithms for a full house. Where is @Jeffros Furios 🤣

At least we have you to tell us the truth.

Oh, and about that "wishing death" thing - have you seen the covid vultures gather in hope every single time a known person dies? 

Disgusting behaviour. 😡

Ulysses
7 minutes ago, escobri said:

You forgot to mention escobri not being able to read the dates on posts.  :whistling:

Ulysses
5 minutes ago, escobri said:

Last year, Ireland offered spring and autumn boosters to people with compromised immune systems and people over 70, and an autumn booster only to people over 50.  But I've no idea what is planned this year.

10 minutes ago, escobri said:

Not sure. Just seems odd it was so important to get them topped up as the cover diminished...and now, nothing.

escobri
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

At least we have you to tell us the truth.

Oh, and about that "wishing death" thing - have you seen the covid vultures gather in hope every single time a known person dies? 

Disgusting behaviour. 😡

I'll take your word for that, my algorithms don't show me content like this.

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, escobri said:

I know it’s boring as deck now 

escobri
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Not sure. Just seems odd it was so important to get them topped up as the cover diminished...and now, nothing.

Madness, it's still out there.

Ulysses
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There's a spring vaccine rollout across the UK, apparently. I think it covers the same risk groups as last year's spring programme.

henrysmithsgloves
19 minutes ago, escobri said:

Mrs and myself got an offer for a booster last month, respectfully declined.

escobri
17 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

You forgot to mention escobri not being able to read the dates on posts.  :whistling:

Oi grim reaper it's no your game so feck off back to the guardian site for more "science". 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Mrs and myself got an offer for a booster last month, respectfully declined.

Yes I’ve stopped getting them too 

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Is it even a thing now?

Ulysses
6 minutes ago, escobri said:

Oi grim reaper it's no your game so feck off back to the guardian site for more "science". 

disappointed_baby_is_disappointed.gif

26 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And yet here you are. 🥱

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

There's a spring vaccine rollout across the UK, apparently. I think it covers the same risk groups as last year's spring programme.

I appreciate that's an answer in good faith so I'm not going to play dumb...I just remember when it was supposedly so critical for everyone to get it and find it odd they now target it.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Is it even a thing now?

Some people seem to let go of it . 

Victorian

There's no point having a general population booster campaign unless it was something that would have a material effect on demand of health services resources.  It's a cost vs benefit calculation.  You need to provide a lot of resources to stage a general campaign and take-up would undoubtedly be very limited.  Clearly there is no net benefit.  The pandemic / crisis in healthcare phase of covid ended a long time ago.  

Jim_Duncan
3 hours ago, escobri said:

I drank a pint of bleach and then stood in front of my car headlights on full beam for 20 minutes. Topped up my immunity. 

Jim_Duncan
17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There's no point having a general population booster campaign unless it was something that would have a material effect on demand of health services resources.  It's a cost vs benefit calculation.  You need to provide a lot of resources to stage a general campaign and take-up would undoubtedly be very limited.  Clearly there is no net benefit.  The pandemic / crisis in healthcare phase of covid ended a long time ago.  

Yeah, about April 2020. 

escobri
16 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I drank a pint of bleach and then stood in front of my car headlights on full beam for 20 minutes. Topped up my immunity. 

Now yer talking, I just point a UV torch up my beak, don't see much apart from some speckles. 

54 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Yeah, about April 2020. 

Glad everyone's caught up with realizing there's no benefit to boosting everyone. It's only taken 3 years.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Yeah, about April 2020. 

Bet me to it 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Glad everyone's caught up with realizing there's no benefit to boosting everyone. It's only taken 3 years.

Awe but there were some on here..no names..decrying those who suggested that not  everyone needed boosted...short memories. 

Jim_Duncan
51 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Just hoping they take the same approach to 'lockdowns' should a similar issue arise.

Ulysses
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

I appreciate that's an answer in good faith so I'm not going to play dumb...I just remember when it was supposedly so critical for everyone to get it and find it odd they now target it.

And target it differently.  In Ireland, the annual autumn shot was available last year to anyone over 50.  In NI, it was 65.

I suspect it's all a case of government systems living and learning. Sometimes governments can plan things out in advance to the nth degree and everything follows the plan.  Sometimes they have to live and learn in real time.

Ulysses
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Not LED headlights, I hope?

Ulysses
11 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Just hoping they take the same approach to 'lockdowns' should a similar issue arise.

Just hoping they wouldn't. 

Jim_Duncan
4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Just hoping they wouldn't. 

:(

11 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Not LED headlights, I hope?

Xenon. Got it wrong the first time and ate a light bulb while watching bleach.

Victorian

:vrface:

The usual numbnuts getting confused between what is needed now and what was needed at points in the past.

It takes a special type of goon to attempt to use one to try to prove a point about the other.  

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The usual numbnuts getting confused between what is needed now and what was needed at points in the past.

It takes a special type of goon to attempt to use one to try to prove a point about the other.  

IMG_7581.gif

Ulysses
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

:(

Ach, it's easier for me than others to be a smart-arse, and I shouldn't be dismissive.  As chance would have it I had previously worked with some of the key Irish decision-makers, so I knew a lot of the thinking behind the various measures.  🤷‍♂️

Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

Xenon. Got it wrong the first time and ate a light bulb while watching bleach.

No danger of repeating that mistake.  In any case, you won't need a top-up for a while. :laugh:

Ulysses
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I'm reminded a bit of the Y2K episode, to be honest.

Victorian
Just now, Ulysses said:

I'm reminded a bit of the Y2K episode, to be honest.

🤣

18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's okay to admit you fell for it all hook, line and sinker. 

Victorian
Just now, Taffin said:

:look:

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He hasn’t got the humility to do that . It’s a major flaw of a few on this I’ve noticed 

Victorian
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He hasn’t got the humility to do that . It’s a major flaw of a few on this I’ve noticed 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

It’s ok I forgive you 😎

IMG_4906.gif

Ulysses
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s ok I forgive you 😎

IMG_4906.gif

What are you doing posting pictures of that Russia-loving bollox?  :eek:

been here before

Never got vaccinated at the time and still havent and despite this and obviously not having had any boosters Im remarkably still alive.

Who'd hav thunk it eh?

Ulysses
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Never got vaccinated at the time and still havent and despite this and obviously not having had any boosters Im remarkably still alive.

Who'd hav thunk it eh?

How many times have you had Covid-19?

been here before
5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

How many times have you had Covid-19?

Twice and amazingly survived both times.