Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:rofl:

Laugh away. Never had time for her since she did the dirty by having affair with husband of her friend and colleague, Fi Glover. 

Husband also nasty piece of work and warned over bullying and inappropriate behaviour.

Her desperation to be part of story is what I object to.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Calm down, she's on the telly ffs 😁

Nope, she's a self centred attention seeking bitch who slept with boss to get on in career 

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The outrage  from the freedom loving  libertarians on this thread is hilarious.

No "slight" is too small to be overlooked and if there is no slight, just fake it. 

So Upset GIF - GIFs

Most of them are completely bonkers and just as harmless. There's a couple of utter snides that need watching though. 

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

Most of them are completely bonkers and just as harmless. There's a couple of utter snides that need watching though. 

Just watching the "ignore content" rolling in. 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotland were struggling to make the end of Jan target, based on daily uptake.  The UK have confirmed they will provide support to enable the devolved nations to meet an earlier target. England had already ramped up their own booster programme.

I haven't a clue where you got your stats from. Scotland was on target to meet the end of Jan deadline.

Based on today's figures (up to 11 Dec), Scotland has given 2,116,228 3rd doses (256,493 in the last week or 36,642 per day)

The total who have had 2nd doses is 3,973,761, so there is a potential 1,857,533 who can receive 3rd doses. At 36,642 a day, it would take 51 days.  Guess what? 11 December to 31 January is exactly 51 days.

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Let's face it, Nanotadger and Softy Vince are everything they wish they weren't. Trawling the thread to look for posts to have a go at folk who have a different opinion. Utterly pathetic, and I fear that Santa will be leaving them little more than a lump of coal.

C'mon lads, let's actually discuss Covid, not each other. 

Come on jonesy you can't jump between agent provocateur and wide eyed innocent more than a couple of times a day

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Come on jonesy you can't jump between agent provocateur and wide eyed innocent more than a couple of times a day

Och, just leave JKB's resident right-wing hipster, chilled-out Karen and freedom-supporting grass to  play out whatever role he wants to. 😊

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Can I at least watch this a couple of times a day?

Oh well I now know what to get the wife for Christmas. 😬

30 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotland were struggling to make the end of Jan target, based on daily uptake.  The Westminster goverment has confirmed it will deploy the army to all nations within the UK to meet an earlier target. England had already ramped up their own booster programme.

Scotland and Northern Ireland have already opened up boosters to over-30s - and those aged 18 to 29 in Scotland can get their booster jabs from later in the week.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said Scotland currently has the highest rate of booster jabs of all the UK nations.

PS FTFY. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

It's taken me a while, but did you used to be Weakened Offender on here? Same obsession with name calling and the use of 'hipster'. What exactly is a 'freedom-supporting grass', an'aw?

Anyway, maybe you can help. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.

I don't think you calling people out for name calling is a good look. 

16 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Scotland and Northern Ireland have already opened up boosters to over-30s - and those aged 18 to 29 in Scotland can get their booster jabs from later in the week.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said Scotland currently has the highest rate of booster jabs of all the UK nations.

PS FTFY. 

People aged between 30 and 39 will be able to book a Covid booster vaccine from Monday, the Scottish government has announced.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59630176

20 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

PS FTFY. 

Nothing from The Denyers yet ? 

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's taken me a while, but did you used to be Weakened Offender on here? 

It didn't take me a while, I knew who it was after a couple of days

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Really :lol: She mentions it every time she's on the tv.

16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yer quicker off the draw than I am, NT.

Weird that he'd change his username and come back just to slag folk off. Must be a laugh a minute in the Savage Vince household.

However accurate or absurd your reach here is Jonesy, your not really being picked on or slagged off. Called out maybe, but not just by me. The other poster that you were calling names has got you down to a tee too. 

Don't be so sensitive. 😉

Edited by Savage Vince

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

The viruses ability to variance is something that you have to wonder at.

Especially in a relatively short time.

Man made?

The flu virus does likewise and the vaccine changes every year.

Why do you never suggest that flu is man made ? 

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

The viruses ability to variance is something that you have to wonder at.

Especially in a relatively short time.

Man made?

This is what happens when viruses go through thousands of generations in millions of hosts

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Just now, Smithee said:

This is what happens when viruses go through thousands of generations in millions of hosts

I get that Smithee.

Nano the covid was first identified in 2019.

A virus transmitted from another species.

Its ability for variation was first noted in India.

Several mutations of Delta in matter of months.

It's very unusual species to species jumps and its variation capacity along with the source ...you have to wonder no?

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

I get that Smithee.

It's very unusual species to species jumps and its variation capacity along with the source ...you have to wonder no?

So was Spanish flu.  From bird -> pig ->man. 

No , I don't wonder because Covid19 isn't novel in that respect and this myth has scientifically been debunked. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Probably because flu was around hundreds of years ago, well before science could either design or replicate such a thing.

This virus just happened to originate next to a Chinese bio chemistry lab, a lab who won't allow independent experts in and who were able to decipher the genetic code in record time.

The same country now organising massive cover up, but then again, just a coincidence.

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I exercised at home . Bought a bike too . Did something about it instead if eating my eat thru Greggs “ menu “ recently returned to gym and noticed a few of the guys I used to see pre covid had certainly piled on the pounds . One guy in particular I barely recognised . However he’s back and the lard is shredding off him . My weight has been the same for decades  really . Give or take half a stone either way. 

Lucky you have the space! not everyone does. Particularly galling that the gym in the basement two floors below me was out of bounds.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

PS FTFY. 

It's open to all over 18s in England right here and now.

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Vile behaviour from Johnson. Using the term tidal wave. 

Am I doing it right?

Utterly reprehensible and vile I think it was. 
The custard pies just keep coming for that pair. 

8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Lucky you have the space! not everyone does. Particularly galling that the gym in the basement two floors below me was out of bounds.

It doesn’t need much room to exercise in your house ! 

End of another week. Many on here will be tucked up in their beds with excitement of a child on xmas eve all ready to start another week in covid world tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

So was Spanish flu.  From bird -> pig ->man. 

No , I don't wonder because Covid19 isn't novel in that respect and this myth has scientifically been debunked. 

Has it?

I was under the impression that the wet market theory had been debunked and that genetically modified covid was very much being investigated.

23 minutes ago, Ked said:

I get that Smithee.

For clarity about what I posted earlier : I've been looking through my  bookmarks for sources I've read up on but I can't find any.

The best &  latest I've read is Biden's intelligence driven invesigation and of five reports , 3 reached no conclusion , one reckoned it was animal -> human transmission , one suggested there may have been a human element in the virus (I'm trying to find the actual article).

For those that might tell you "it's a man made virus" it's important to note the timing of various reports ; the Biden investigation is the latest one I can find a date for.  For that reason , I go with that.  You can , of course, inform yourself. 

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Utterly reprehensible and vile I think it was. 
The custard pies just keep coming for that pair. 

I shouldn't laugh...

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I haven't a clue where you got your stats from. Scotland was on target to meet the end of Jan deadline.

Based on today's figures (up to 11 Dec), Scotland has given 2,116,228 3rd doses (256,493 in the last week or 36,642 per day)

The total who have had 2nd doses is 3,973,761, so there is a potential 1,857,533 who can receive 3rd doses. At 36,642 a day, it would take 51 days.  Guess what? 11 December to 31 January is exactly 51 days.

Assuming no jabs on Christmas Day or New Year's Day, the average needs to rise to approximately 37,270 a day. Currently there is a shortfall of about 427 vaccinators due to recruitment issues.

They may well make the 31 Dec target but they'll certainly need the broad shoulders of the UK govt to help. 

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

End of another week. Many on here will be tucked up in their beds with excitement of a child on xmas eve all ready to start another week in covid world tomorrow.

Why would anyone be excited about another week of Covid restrictions? 

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

For clarity about what I posted earlier : I've been looking through my  bookmarks for sources I've read up on but I can't find any.

The best &  latest I've read is Biden's intelligence driven invesigation and of five reports , 3 reached no conclusion , one reckoned it was animal -> human transmission , one suggested there may have been a human element in the virus (I'm trying to find the actual article).

For those that might tell you "it's a man made virus" it's important to note the timing of various reports ; the Biden investigation is the latest one I can find a date for.  For that reason , I go with that.  You can , of course, inform yourself. 

It's very much open to question on where and how it started.

The reason?

Chinas refusal to fully co operate.

WHO itself isnt singing from the same sheet.

The structure and its ability to variate suggest genetic modification.

1 minute ago, Ked said:

It's very much open to question on where and how it started.

The reason?

Chinas refusal to fully co operate.

WHO itself isnt singing from the same sheet.

The structure and its ability to variate suggest genetic modification.

It is open to confirmation, scientifically. 

I don't agree with your last claim and I don't see the scientific community sharing that view with unanimity and I have given you the latest view on that (that I am aware of). Perhaps others have a more recently informed knowledge of the question . I'm not trying to persuade you. I'll bow out now. 

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

The genetic footprint of covid 19 has never before been identified naturally.

You posted this just as I said I was bowing out.

Can I suggest when you make claims like this you give some citation ? 

Anyways, I'm definitley out now . 

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Assuming no jabs on Christmas Day or New Year's Day, the average needs to rise to approximately 37,270 a day. Currently there is a shortfall of about 427 vaccinators due to recruitment issues.

They may well make the 31 Dec target but they'll certainly need the broad shoulders of the UK govt to help. 

I guess time will tell which government was making bold statements that they have no real capacity (or conviction) to back up. 

I know which circus I won't be believing but you crack on. 😉

Footballfirst
19 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The last time I checked Scotland provided an integral part of the UK's broad shoulders.

24 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Why would anyone be excited about another week of Covid restrictions? 

Beats me.

16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The last time I checked Scotland provided an integral part of the UK's broad shoulders.

The response to that from him will be good. 

6 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

The response to that from him will be good. 

He'll trash his own country at the drop of a hat to win an argument. 

49 minutes ago, Ked said:

The genetic footprint of covid 19 has never before been identified naturally.

I honestly don't know what this means

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I honestly don't know what this means

It's never been found in the wild. 

There was a very similar virus found in a cave that was researched and experimented on which in turn created the current virus we are seeing today. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic