Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not really self isolating though is it? 

Nope, just pointing out that sometime folks are capable of selfless acts...

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Don't they cut about in masks because of pollution anyway?

no need in Japan. Have seen that in China + Bangkok though.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not really self isolating though is it? 

The Japanese are actually world champions at self isolating. Some do it for decades, check out Hikikomori. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

The Japanese are actually world champions at self isolating. Some do it for decades, check out Hikikomori. 

Don't we just call that being in a huff here? 

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

no need in Japan. Have seen that in China + Bangkok though.

I never noticed them in Bangkok tbh although there are some funky smells so they would be useful.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Nope, just pointing out that sometime folks are capable of selfless acts...

Japanese culture is far more respectful to others than ours so wearing a mask to prevent spreading a cold fits in with the culture there. Here not so much. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Don't we just call that being in a huff here? 

They take it to a new level. I recon a champion huffer here is a amateur there. The Japanese really are great at everything. Although I currently hate them because I tried wusabi for the first time. 

"Hospital data show that COVID-19 admissions are now rising sharply in more than half of the country's nine provinces"

This doesn't sound like the sniffles.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

you may want a deek at the London numbers, heard earlier a third of all London cases are already Omicron... (haven't looked myself)

I heard 30% earlier so that would fit in with what you heard.

Edit: from the Mail online

Omicron already makes up 30 per cent of new Covid cases in London, according to confidential data given to ministers that underlines the severity of the situation Britain faces in the run-up to Christmas as fears grow that even tougher restrictions may be needed.  

Edited by Footballfirst

I just read that two shots of AZ with no booster =0% protection. But with a Pfizer booster that jumps to 70%.

Two Pfizer and no booster = 30%. A Pfizer booster on top = 76%

No data for Moderna or any other vaccine.

*should have said that with the low numbers of Omicron cases, compared to Delta, the source states the above estimates are subject to wide uncertainty. Apologies. 

Edited by pablo

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why do people choose not to wear masks? (Other than the very few who are exempt)

just selfish behaviour and not acceptable 

C713FE68-E29C-476D-8EA7-B978CABC0BFD.gif

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I don't think there's been any info on that at all.  It could well be that those considerations haven't been high on the agenda due to much more urgent concerns.  There's currently very little omicron in the community to do those studies.

👍

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why do people choose not to wear masks? (Other than the very few who are exempt)

Why do people get stressed out when they see someone not wearing a mask but then relieve the stress when they then see a lanyard round their neck saying "exempt".

Have you any idea how completely absurd the mask rules are? Standing at a bar drinking a pint without a mask and zero ****s given. Walking up to a bar right beside this person ordering a drink and having to wear one.

Anyone who gives a **** about masks when there are so many absurd offsets is nothing short of a simpleton imo.

7 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

The drearyness of this just sums you up on this thread. 

😂 your so full of compliments ! You really are ! Thanks 🙏 

69D1D3E4-5733-4F9D-981D-208135A3E031.gif

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Why do people get stressed out when they see someone not wearing a mask but then relieve the stress when they then see a lanyard round their neck saying "exempt".

Have you any idea how completely absurd the mask rules are? Standing at a bar drinking a pint without a mask and zero ****s given. Walking up to a bar right beside this person ordering a drink and having to wear one.

Anyone who gives a **** about masks when there are so many absurd offsets is nothing short of a simpleton imo.

I never wear one ! Got asked yesterday jn the “ Johnny walker “ place . Just said I was exempt 

19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I never wear one ! Got asked yesterday jn the “ Johnny walker “ place . Just said I was exempt 

If you’re not exempt then you ought to be reported for breaking the law mate 

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Really ? Oh right ! 

21 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Would you dial 999?

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Really ? Oh right ! 

22 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You do know when someone says they are exempt your no allowed to question it ? 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Good for you. Give yourself a pat on the back. 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Narcissism. Attention seeking. Getting a semi at being a " rebel" . Wilfull ignorance? Who knows ? One of life's great mysteries. 

15 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Good for you. Give yourself a pat on the back. 

Aye I did just that felt great 

Some pant wetting shite on this thread. It really makes you wonder about the mental state of the population.

I wear a mask because it makes YOU feel safe even though I'd technically be exempt. I couldn't care less if people wear them or not.

Get on with life and stop worrying about it. You'll be fine. 

5 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

New series of breaking bad on the way.

The mask law is a bit of a farce and is unenforceable. A person doesn't have to wear a lanyard to say they are exempt they don't even need to tell you they are exempt. So how do you know tell apart someone without a mask is exempt and just choosing not to tell the world they have health conditions and someone who is doing it out of choice?

periodictabledancer
47 minutes ago, Herbert said:

New series of breaking bad on the way.

The mask law is a bit of a farce and is unenforceable. A person doesn't have to wear a lanyard to say they are exempt they don't even need to tell you they are exempt. So how do you know tell apart someone without a mask is exempt and just choosing not to tell the world they have health conditions and someone who is doing it out of choice?

Wearing a mask isn't " a bit of a farce" and it's sad that as we enter a third year of pandemic some people are still moaning about how unenforceable it is rather than talking up the benefits. But that's Human nature I suppose. 

The Mighty Thor
9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You must be unlucky. Between my family, colleagues (Christmas lunch today), no cases at all. Not a single one.

It's bizarre. 

Most of the cases I know have orignated from kids catching it at school and riddling their parents. 

It does appear that Omicron is less virulent than previous variants with none of the UK'S 1200+ cases having been admitted to hospital.

This could, indeed, be the variant that we've been waiting for !

Had Moderna booster Thurs pm. Felt shit most of yesterday, bit better last night but an awful night of alternating sweats and freezing cold.

Naproxen and codeine this morning to try and get through a morning of softplay and breakfast with Santa. 😂

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It does appear that Omicron is less virulent than previous variants with none of the UK'S 1200+ cases having been admitted to hospital.

There's a tsunami on the way mind 🙈

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Had Moderna booster Thurs pm. Felt shit most of yesterday, bit better last night but an awful night of alternating sweats and freezing cold.

Naproxen and codeine this morning to try and get through a morning of softplay and breakfast with Santa. 😂

Couple of guys at work the same. 
First two never felt a thing but floored with the booster 

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Long term, yes 👍🏻 In the short term it looks like we may need to take a bit of a hit restriction-wise to try and stop the peak being too severe and bringing country to a standstill.

1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

Wearing a mask isn't " a bit of a farce" and it's sad that as we enter a third year of pandemic some people are still moaning about how unenforceable it is rather than talking up the benefits. But that's Human nature I suppose. 

Why Don't People that test positive wear masks and social distance and let the rest of us crack on? 

22 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Never had a jibby jab and feel great, not even had a runny nose for years, I better catch this new variant as i feel I'm missing out on being ill. Actually I might go get jabbed to get some extra time off work 😉 

41 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Long term, yes 👍🏻 In the short term it looks like we may need to take a bit of a hit restriction-wise to try and stop the peak being too severe and bringing country to a standstill.

Why though? If nobody is dying from this variant or even requiring oxygen, why would we further trash the economy? 

4 minutes ago, pablo said:

Why though? If nobody is dying from this variant or even requiring oxygen, why would we further trash the economy? 

Why not? Boris and Krankie can do what they want. A wee bit extra restrictions just to show us who's the boss.

Seymour M Hersh
58 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's certainly the one Johnson was praying for to deflect from his other problems. Job's a good un get the masses panicking about a milder strain ant the focus goes off me (well a bit away).

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

5 minutes ago, pablo said:

If hundreds of thousands of people a day are catching it then impact on workplaces will be massive. Only alternative would be that everybody carried on of normal if they have it but you’d have to be 100% sure Omicron doesn’t cause a risk of serious illness or death and we just don’t know that yet.

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

I usually have those for softplay normally (never again with a hangover).

I have booster tomorrow morning (hopefully unlike my mate I'm at not at RHC for 2 hours) so shouldn't impact the game but work Monday morning going to be busy so not ideal if wiped out.

Reading that they only have evidence of the boosters effectiveness with Pfizer but assume Moderna OK as well, so hopefully that is the case...

Malinga the Swinga

Just bad luck I guess. I'd had AZ vaccine and then Moderna booster and was back working 2 hours later.

It will pass (hopefully).

Japan are putting health warnings on vaccines and openly talking about informed consent and not forcing anyone to be vaxxed( just read article so might still be subject to fake news🤣). Can't see this educated and open attitude being implemented here ever. 😪 

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Why not? Boris and Krankie can do what they want. A wee bit extra restrictions just to show us who's the boss.

:4_1_72:

The Real Maroonblood

Maybe foreplay instead of soft play will make you feel better.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

John Swinney on Breakfast TV talking about discussions over the weekend with regards to possible new measures being announced over the next few days. 

I think we know where this is heading. 

VP for pubs.🍺😀

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic