Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

I would suggest that this might be a small overreaction to the issue. Instead, we should be working as a society to ensure that we minimise the possibility of the virus mutating by being as careful as we can not to allow it to spread, whilst of course balancing that against the other needs of society.

Until we accept that it does and will mutate then we'll never get out of this mess. We keep thinking we can control the virus when we can't.  It will mutate away to a weaker form and become endemic, as is the case with all other viruses.

The other needs of society are not being balanced; that's the point. Undiagnosed cancers, mental health,  the economy etc etc; we're well past the point of the response being far more damaging than the virus.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Conversely, we should all be hoping beyond hope that the virus mutates itself into another one of the millions of relatively benign viruses we encounter every waking day.

It's not a one way street.

You must have dabbled in a bit of cost-benefit analysis in your time, Governor. The potential costs of the virus mutating into one with which the current vaccines can't cope makes one direction in the dual carriageway significantly wider than the other.

Enzo Chiefo

I like it when we agree on something, Enzo. Like in this case. I have to say however that I haven't personally heard any folk saying that they're striving for zero Covid. They would be rather silly if they did.

No, not on here Red. But there are certainly elements in the scientific community who are pursuing that very goal. 

Enzo Chiefo

You must have dabbled in a bit of cost-benefit analysis in your time, Governor. The potential costs of the virus mutating into one with which the current vaccines can't cope makes one direction in the dual carriageway significantly wider than the other.

But there is absolutely no evidence that can or will happen. That line has been trotted out for months now and with every variant. Even in the event of that happening,  the vaccine manufacturers have already confirmed they could tweak the vaccines almost immediately.  We can't live in fear of what might or could happen,  not at the cost of the economy tanking, GP's disappearing from sight, thousands of cancers going undiagnosed and thousands living in pain while waiting years for operations. 

It's madness.

The normal path of these viruses is to mutate away to nothing.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Until we accept that it does and will mutate then we'll never get out of this mess. We keep thinking we can control the virus when we can't.  It will mutate away to a weaker form and become endemic, as is the case with all other viruses.

The other needs of society are not being balanced; that's the point. Undiagnosed cancers, mental health,  the economy etc etc; we're well past the point of the response being far more damaging than the virus.

We can control its spread. We've already found two successful weapons against it: some countries are finding success with vaccinations, other countries have found success with properly-implemented lockdown and border control. Both of course need to be done well to work, with the consent and help of the population.

We're almost there. If it wasn't for the fecking Delta variant in this country, and our complete stupidity in allowing it to enter this country and spread, we'd already be further down the path back to "normality". Now we just have to pause relaxation for a wee while to avoid making the same mistakes yet again.

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, not on here Red. But there are certainly elements in the scientific community who are pursuing that very goal. 

They can be ignored then, Enzo. There are always outliers.

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The normal path of these viruses is to mutate away to nothing.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Mutations are of course random - you never know which way they're going to go.

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Mutations are of course random - you never know which way they're going to go.

Not really Red, that is the normal path they follow.  We counter flu mutations each year with adapted vaccines; Covid will be no different imo. 

Again though, why have the latest symptoms not been more widely publicised? Runny nose, headache,  cold-like symptoms.  

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I wasn't referencing the good people of kickback, Smith, as the majority of folk on here are hard at it. 

The league leaders aren't

28 minutes ago, redjambo said:

We can control its spread. We've already found two successful weapons against it: some countries are finding success with vaccinations, other countries have found success with properly-implemented lockdown and border control. Both of course need to be done well to work, with the consent and help of the population.

We're almost there. If it wasn't for the fecking Delta variant in this country, and our complete stupidity in allowing it to enter this country and spread, we'd already be further down the path back to "normality". Now we just have to pause relaxation for a wee while to avoid making the same mistakes yet again.

Regards the bit in bold, do they have that and have they ever had that?

It may be implied by the compliance seen, but I'm not sure the question was ever asked in order for it to be granted. 

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It would need to be a pretty significant mutation for the vaccine to stop working. The effeciacy may be impacted but it is fairly easy to adapt the vaccines to improve that. We see that already. The truth this thing is going to be evolving probably as long as we’re on this planet now. That In itself isn’t not unusual and we see it with other diseases;the flu is the obvious example. 

I think we will probably see a rolling vaccine programme for a bit, just to provide additional protection to those most vulnerable from changing mutations, 

The vaccine has been our way out of this for a long time. We are close to having some form of immunity across the adult population and full immunity within the most vulnerable. We are rapidly the point where we need to open up or we won’t do it.

This will also mean that we are likely to have to accept some deaths as a consequence of returning to normal. The virus will do its thing amongst those that it can infect and damage. 

I know there has been a lot of chat about reaching a herd immunity point. I hope we do that and this thing eventually dies out but it appears it’s something we are likely to have to live with. 

Or a whole bunch of tiny mutations. 

There have been thousands of mutations already and there are millions more generations to come. Fish mutated into humans (sorry christians) with enough generations.

The science all points to a need to get the population vaccinated to 80% (IIRC, don't quote me on the number), that will bring the R number right down and turn it into something that doesn't spread so virulently, massively reducing the threat of dangerous mutations by controlling the spread.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

There is a theory that mutation evolve the virus to be less damaging due to natural evolution. It’s not in the virus interest to kill it’s host if wants to replicate. The theory goes it becomes more infectious and less deadly so it can essentially spread as far as possible. 

It’s called the law of declining virulence. A fair bit of science behind it but like most laws don’t think it’s perfect. 

I can’t say if that’s happening or not but I don’t think mutations are as random as you think, it’s a form of evolution. 

Mutations are entirely random, it's just that some work more in an organism's favour and spread better, some less so, some don't really affect anything. 

13 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

There is a theory that mutation evolve the virus to be less damaging due to natural evolution. It’s not in the virus interest to kill it’s host if wants to replicate. The theory goes it becomes more infectious and less deadly so it can essentially spread as far as possible. 

It’s called the law of declining virulence. A fair bit of science behind it but like most laws don’t think it’s perfect. 

I can’t say if that’s happening or not but I don’t think mutations are as random as you think, it’s a form of evolution.

Evolution is based on the fact that mutations are random, Lord BJ.

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/side_0_0/random_01

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Regards the bit in bold, do they have that and have they ever had that?

It may be implied by the compliance seen, but I'm not sure the question was ever asked in order for it to be granted. 

Would you have preferred that we had organised a referendum?

Just now, redjambo said:

Would you have preferred that we had organised a referendum?

After the initial phase (mar-july), yes. If nothing else it takes away the mump that it's top down population control and instead voted for by the people. You can extend that the general election is giving those in power the power to take decisions but that doesn't wash when it's something so out with the ordinary and out with their usual remit.

At the very least there should have been far greater parliamentary scrutiny over it. This is why questions need to be asked of those in opposition as well as though in government (s).

There should have been emergency measures, of course, but after a few months (weeks even) a far more democratic process should have been initiated.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Fair enough but see above for where I’m coming from it. Maybe a touch of semantics or just clarity. 

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat01.html

The mutations may be random but the evolution isn’t. It’s a two part process of mutation and selection. Hence why the theory goes it evolves to spread more abd do less damaging. 

It is though, we have no way of knowing where the evolution is leading to because it's random. 

On the smallest scale I get what you're saying, it follows rules in that if that pathway is closed it's a dead end, if this pathway is open it carries on, but to all intents and purposes it's random because we don't know what's coming next, can't possibly.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

After the initial phase (mar-july), yes. If nothing else it takes away the mump that it's top down population control and instead voted for by the people. You can extend that the general election is giving those in power the power to take decisions but that doesn't wash when it's something so out with the ordinary and out with their usual remit.

At the very least there should have been far greater parliamentary scrutiny over it. This is why questions need to be asked of those in opposition as well as though in government (s).

There should have been emergency measures, of course, but after a few months (weeks even) a far more democratic process should have been initiated.

Fair enough, particularly on the parliamentary scrutiny bit. You may find however that even if the population voted to continue the current approach, there would be less compliance as a result of a referendum with folk saying "Well, I didn't vote for it, so I'm not going to do it". Also, we have the problem of getting millions of folk to the polls during restrictions, so there would have to have been a huge effort to develop online voting or at least a far higher use of postal voting.

As it is, folk can vote with their feet after the event, and it looks like neither the Tories nor the SNP are going to suffer in the UK and Scotland polls respectively for anything that they've done during the pandemic.

Unknown user
Just now, Lord BJ said:

Evolution isn’t random. The mutation is random, I concede I worded it badly initially.

As stared it’s the law of declining virulence, so the evolution serves a purposed 

So the theory goes it evolves with the purpose of be becoming more transmissible but less damaging. It selects the mutations that aid it’s evolution not the mitigation per se. 

It’s not my theory 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know, I don't agree with it though, it doesn't have a purpose, it doesn't actively select anything, it just is.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

If your Aunty had balls, red.

Life is full of risk. 

There comes a point when being feart of the day you've never seen is counter productive.

The fact that l humans still exist tells you what you need to know about our long term relationship with viruses.

JudyJudyJudy

I broke my duck today unintentionally . Forgot my mask when we went to supermarket . No one batted an eyelid . Mind u my dear friend thought I looked “ mental health “ anyway as I had my baseball cap , sunglasses and hoodie on so he thought no one would challenge me 😎

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

there is a random element to absolutely everything doesn’t mean absolutely everything is random tho

takes a bit of understanding beyond copy/paste

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I know, I don't agree with it though, it doesn't have a purpose, it doesn't actively select anything, it just is.

Oh! it does have a purpose, that is to live, the virus wants to replicate and live, that is it's purpose.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Oh! it does have a purpose, that is to live, the virus wants to replicate and live, that is it's purpose.

It doesn't want, it just does. It would have to be a conscious being to want.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes that’s been the big scandal . The untreated cancers and other illnesses. 

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Life is full of risk. 

There comes a point when being feart of the day you've never seen is counter productive.

The fact that l humans still exist tells you what you need to know about our long term relationship with viruses.

😂😂

14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Life is full of risk. 

These days, that's very possible.

There's a whole gamut of greyness between being completely risk-taking and completely risk-averse. I guess we just differ on where along that range we want to place ourselves.

12 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

there is a random element to absolutely everything doesn’t mean absolutely everything is random tho

takes a bit of understanding beyond copy/paste

I don't think anyone has argued that at any point. That would be stupid.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There's a whole gamut of greyness between being completely risk-taking and completely risk-averse. I guess we just differ on where along that range we want to place ourselves.

Lol I was gonna say that but I thought better of it 😂

JudyJudyJudy

Had a good night Friday . Was out in town then along the hallowed Gorgie pubs . Ended up back at ours and a few drinks 🍹 problem is people now seem to get used to the 1030 pm finish . It’s becoming the new normal 👎 it defeats propose as people were literally just drinking like fish until last orders . 

highlandjambo3

After lengthy reading on here and on other COVID related media based discussions, based on the scientific evidence of experts, it’s led me to a rather educated opinion of what we should do next and, that is:

Everyone needs to stop shitting it

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm not talking about mitigating risk, I'm talking about the propensity for some folk to focus on the worst case scenario. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
41 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't think anyone has argued that at any point. That would be stupid.

yes but clearly some are struggling (yourself included it would appear) with the difference of an event/process being deemed random and one which isn’t but does have a random element inherent

”stupid” - the application of that being a personal opinion - i’ll refrain 

Scottish numbers: 13 June 2021

Summary

• 1,036* new cases of COVID-19 reported [+6; up from 775 a week ago]

• 22,856 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [-3,794]
    • 5.0% of these were positive [+0.9%]
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends) [-2]
  • 3,497,287 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,425,825 have received their second dose [+19,909; +23,125]

*PHS are aware of an ongoing delay in the laboratory processing of specimens in the Glasgow Lighthouse lab, similar to that which was reported yesterday. This delay may lead to a smaller number of tests and cases reported during the previous 48 hours as compared to the figures reported prior to that period.

The latest trend stats:

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier WHO Today Yesterday     11 Jun 10 Jun 9 Jun 8 Jun 7 Jun ... 1 May
Scotland     114 110 +4   107 104 106 100 96 ... 22
Dundee City 2 4 301 273 +28   266 261 243 226 206 ... 13
South Ayrshire 2 4 231 212 +19   184 178 199 182 178 ... 25
Edinburgh City 2 4 190 190 0   174 181 180 175 172 ... 27
Midlothian 2 4 187 184 +3   185 178 172 158 142 ... 10
Clackmannanshire 2 4 180 192 -12   202 198 206 202 211 ... 14
Glasgow City 2 4 155 155 0   159 158 164 157 157 ... 33
Perth & Kinross 1 4 153 143 +10   136 136 137 109 96 ... 22
Angus 1 4 151 151 0   153 183 182 167 160 ... 7
East Renfrewshire 2 4 150 136 +14   140 126 119 113 117 ... 24
West Dunbartonshire 1 3 141 137 +4   125 110 98 87 69 ... 28
East Ayrshire 2 3 133 127 +6   132 140 149 133 138 ... 45
East Dunbartonshire 2 3 133 127 +6   120 124 127 121 111 ... 51
East Lothian 1 3 132 122 +10   113 101 93 80 71 ... 5
Renfrewshire 2 3 130 127 +3   126 135 133 130 128 ... 20
North Ayrshire 2 3 125 112 +13   86 85 96 83 74 ... 17
West Lothian 1 3 116 119 -3   114 100 103 87 82 ... 26
North Lanarkshire 2 3 110 104 +6   104 93 96 90 80 ... 40
South Lanarkshire 2 3 99 95 +4   97 87 95 92 86 ... 18
Aberdeen City 1 3 69 57 +12   54 40 40 42 38 ... 13
Scottish Borders 1 3 67 51 +16   43 39 35 32 31 ... 6
Fife 1 3 64 57 +7   54 56 58 54 51 ... 32
Stirling 2 3 63 61 +2   70 69 70 77 80 ... 11
Dumfries & Galloway 1 2 44 46 -2   41 33 30 25 24 ... 19
Inverclyde 1 2 41 41 0   31 30 28 27 22 ... 15
Argyll & Bute 1 / 0 2 40 37 +3   33 28 29 20 19 ... 7
Falkirk 1 2 35 32 +3   37 42 43 52 51 ... 23
Aberdeenshire 1 2 27 25 +2   23 24 24 22 18 ... 8
Highland 1 / 0 1 12 11 +1   14 18 22 26 29 ... 9
Moray 1 1 9 10 -1   15 14 19 15 17 ... 65
Na h-Eileanan Siar 0 1 4 4 0   0 4 4 4 7 ... 0
Shetland Islands 0 0 0 0 0   4 13 17 17 17 ... 0
Orkney Islands 0 0 0 0 0   0 4 4 9 9 ... 0

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     11 Jun 10 Jun 9 Jun 8 Jun 7 Jun ... 1 May
Tests     24820 24508 +312   24621 24392 24887 23462 23693 ... 18484
Cases     893 856 +37   832 816 830 782 751 ... 171
Positivity rate %     3.9 3.7 +0.2   3.6 3.6 3.6 3.6 3.4 ... 1.1
Deaths     0.6 0.6 0.0   0.4 0.7 1.1 1.1 1.1 ... 1.3
All Vaccinations     47120 47384 -264   48247 48996 49098 49078 48884 ... 45346
1st Dose     18787 18791 -4   19008 19344 19453 19511 19312 ... 6677
2nd Dose     28333 28593 -260   29239 29652 29645 29567 29572 ... 38669

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest trend stats:

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier WHO Today Yesterday     11 Jun 10 Jun 9 Jun 8 Jun 7 Jun ... 1 May
Scotland     114 110 +4   107 104 106 100 96 ... 22
Dundee City 2 4 301 273 +28   266 261 243 226 206 ... 13
South Ayrshire 2 4 231 212 +19   184 178 199 182 178 ... 25
Edinburgh City 2 4 190 190 0   174 181 180 175 172 ... 27
Midlothian 2 4 187 184 +3   185 178 172 158 142 ... 10
Clackmannanshire 2 4 180 192 -12   202 198 206 202 211 ... 14
Glasgow City 2 4 155 155 0   159 158 164 157 157 ... 33
Perth & Kinross 1 4 153 143 +10   136 136 137 109 96 ... 22
Angus 1 4 151 151 0   153 183 182 167 160 ... 7
East Renfrewshire 2 4 150 136 +14   140 126 119 113 117 ... 24
West Dunbartonshire 1 3 141 137 +4   125 110 98 87 69 ... 28
East Ayrshire 2 3 133 127 +6   132 140 149 133 138 ... 45
East Dunbartonshire 2 3 133 127 +6   120 124 127 121 111 ... 51
East Lothian 1 3 132 122 +10   113 101 93 80 71 ... 5
Renfrewshire 2 3 130 127 +3   126 135 133 130 128 ... 20
North Ayrshire 2 3 125 112 +13   86 85 96 83 74 ... 17
West Lothian 1 3 116 119 -3   114 100 103 87 82 ... 26
North Lanarkshire 2 3 110 104 +6   104 93 96 90 80 ... 40
South Lanarkshire 2 3 99 95 +4   97 87 95 92 86 ... 18
Aberdeen City 1 3 69 57 +12   54 40 40 42 38 ... 13
Scottish Borders 1 3 67 51 +16   43 39 35 32 31 ... 6
Fife 1 3 64 57 +7   54 56 58 54 51 ... 32
Stirling 2 3 63 61 +2   70 69 70 77 80 ... 11
Dumfries & Galloway 1 2 44 46 -2   41 33 30 25 24 ... 19
Inverclyde 1 2 41 41 0   31 30 28 27 22 ... 15
Argyll & Bute 1 / 0 2 40 37 +3   33 28 29 20 19 ... 7
Falkirk 1 2 35 32 +3   37 42 43 52 51 ... 23
Aberdeenshire 1 2 27 25 +2   23 24 24 22 18 ... 8
Highland 1 / 0 1 12 11 +1   14 18 22 26 29 ... 9
Moray 1 1 9 10 -1   15 14 19 15 17 ... 65
Na h-Eileanan Siar 0 1 4 4 0   0 4 4 4 7 ... 0
Shetland Islands 0 0 0 0 0   4 13 17 17 17 ... 0
Orkney Islands 0 0 0 0 0   0 4 4 9 9 ... 0

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     11 Jun 10 Jun 9 Jun 8 Jun 7 Jun ... 1 May
Tests     24820 24508 +312   24621 24392 24887 23462 23693 ... 18484
Cases     893 856 +37   832 816 830 782 751 ... 171
Positivity rate %     3.9 3.7 +0.2   3.6 3.6 3.6 3.6 3.4 ... 1.1
Deaths     0.6 0.6 0.0   0.4 0.7 1.1 1.1 1.1 ... 1.3
All Vaccinations     47120 47384 -264   48247 48996 49098 49078 48884 ... 45346
1st Dose     18787 18791 -4   19008 19344 19453 19511 19312 ... 6677
2nd Dose     28333 28593 -260   29239 29652 29645 29567 29572 ... 38669

👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
33 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I didn’t think natural selection was a  particulary difficult concept. I’m not sure it’s a concept you could even deny the existence of; well maybe Adam and Eve could. 

I appreciate people may not think it applies to COVID. 

Interestingly enough have heard a lot about delta/Indian variant is 60% more transmissible do we understand the damage it does it comparison to other variants. I just don’t think I have seen anything of yet, though more than likely has and passed me by. 

Would be interesting to understand.

reminds me of your catch-weight printing money bout with coco-doug

:lol:

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

After lengthy reading on here and on other COVID related media based discussions, based on the scientific evidence of experts, it’s led me to a rather educated opinion of what we should do next and, that is:

Everyone needs to stop shitting it

146C00F9-419E-4F5C-BF36-790F438E3B48.gif

JudyJudyJudy

I know I’ve went on about if before but what is the obsession with “ Cases “ doom laden reports on various media outlets about it . Hopeless Humza on the telly talking about delay in levels etc . Never ending doom really . It’s to keep the fear going IMO 

5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I didn’t think natural selection was a  particulary difficult concept. I’m not sure it’s a concept you could even deny the existence of; well maybe Adam and Eve could. 

I appreciate people may not think it applies to COVID. 

Interestingly enough have heard a lot about delta/Indian variant is 60% more transmissible do we understand the damage it does it comparison to other variants. I just don’t think I have seen anything of yet, though more than likely has and passed me by. 

Would be interesting to understand.

This is India so caveats obviously apply, but it seems it has brought some rather nasty side effects in it's country of origin, a bout of mucormycosis:

The ‘black fungus’ killing hundreds across India could be related to the country’s highly infectious coronavirus variant, rather than overuse of steroids, Indian specialists believe. It is thought that the new strain, known as “Delta” or B.1.617, is causing unprecedented damage to the pancreas of otherwise healthy people, triggering sudden onset diabetes and soaring blood glucose levels.

This allows the deadly flesh eating fungus to thrive. The warnings from Indian doctors come amid growing concerns about the spread of the variant in the UK, where Delta is dominant.

Full article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/indias-black-fungus-wards/

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I know I’ve went on about if before but what is the obsession with “ Cases “ doom laden reports on various media outlets about it . Hopeless Humza on the telly talking about delay in levels etc . Never ending doom really . It’s to keep the fear going IMO 

Maybe its about time you retrained as either an MSP or a Virologist, it appears you've missed your calling. 

As a pitch, perhaps you can help us sheeple by explaining this "keep the fear going" concept. Are you telling me Boris proposed a "freedom day" and is now deliberately sabotaging this to "keep the fear going" - even when it will invite attacks from his back-benchers? The same Boris who was so anti-lockdown he didn't care about the numbers of bodies remaining open might cause? 

I don't buy that - if he is moved to delay "freedom day" then given everything we know about his actions and views during the pandemic, there has to be some convincing data/evidence behind him taking this step. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

This is India so caveats obviously apply, but it seems it has brought some rather nasty side effects in it's country of origin, a bout of mucormycosis:

Full article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/indias-black-fungus-wards/

Maybe its about time you retrained as either an MSP or a Virologist, it appears you've missed your calling. 

As a pitch, perhaps you can help us sheeple by explaining this "keep the fear going" concept. Are you telling me Boris proposed a "freedom day" and is now deliberately sabotaging this to "keep the fear going" - even when it will invite attacks from his back-benchers? The same Boris who was so anti-lockdown he didn't care about the numbers of bodies remaining open might cause? 

I don't buy that - if he is moved to delay "freedom day" then given everything we know about his actions and views during the pandemic, there has to be some convincing data/evidence behind him taking this step. 

Who’s talking about Boris ? I’m not . I live in Scotland so I am affected by SG responses . I couldn’t give a flying duck about Boris and his responses . Although I do know that we are usually 2/3 weeks behind decisions made her after NS has peeked though the Curtains to see what’s appening doon South ! 

CavySlaveJambo
10 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We're going to be hearing about variants and mutations for ever, Enzo. 

If the 1889 Flu Pandemic was as suspected Coronavirus OC43, then the worst should be over by the end of the year.  Of course back then they didn’t have the easy access to travel that we do. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

If the 1889 Flu Pandemic was as suspected Coronavirus OC43, then the worst should be over by the end of the year.  Of course back then they didn’t have the easy access to travel that we do. 

Or the internet 

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Or the internet 

Both good points. 👍

Who’s talking about Boris ? I’m not . I live in Scotland so I am affected by SG responses . I couldn’t give a flying duck about Boris and his responses . Although I do know that we are usually 2/3 weeks behind decisions made her after NS has peeked though the Curtains to see what’s appening doon South ! 

We broadly follow SAGE advice as you well know, so what Boris does will affect us - particularly as the patterns in the data affect us too, sometimes with that couple of weeks buffer as the spread works its way across the country.

But since you deflected, again, thanks for confirming you've got nothing to offer over "hopeless Humza" and are just farting impotently into the void. 👍 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

We broadly follow SAGE advice as you well know, so what Boris does will affect us - particularly as the patterns in the data affect us too, sometimes with that couple of weeks buffer as the spread works its way across the country.

But since you deflected, again, thanks for confirming you've got nothing to offer over "hopeless Humza" and are just farting impotently into the void. 👍 

You were the one deflecting bringing up Bojo It’s classic NS tactics . You learnt from her it seems 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

And ...... 

FBB24B3C-A937-45F1-8153-CB3412850F0A.gif

Unknown user

You're not affected by Westminster responses at all?

Konrad von Carstein
On 11/06/2021 at 16:42, Smithee said:

I think you're going way over the top on what someone wearing a mask in public means.

👍

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You're not affected by Westminster responses at all?

Health is devolved so that means the SG has control over it . Didn’t you know that ? 

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Health is devolved so that means the SG has control over it . Didn’t you know that ? 

Health isn't the only thing in this. Didn't you know that?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Smithee said:

Health isn't the only thing in this. Didn't you know that?

A2182A71-25C4-4483-83FF-F0014D2108C5.gif

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic