• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Greedy Jambo

• gashauskis9

I don't think the Avdijaj guy is that important, I think Stendel has plenty at his disposal to get Hearts out of their current situation. A pacy wee winger is useful but with Naismith, Boyce, Washington, Meshino etc he should be able to fashion a decent cock to piss with.

46 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

That chance was nothing to do with lack of effort. He did well to take a touch which gave him an opportunity and the keeper closed him down very well and just saved it with his heel from about 2 feet away.

We will need to agree to disagree. Some players you can tell very quickly if it will work out. I cant see him doing well in Scottish football. 

35 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It was a poor free kick at the end but it was one of very many poor set ball deliveries today.

I'd start him on Wednesday.

I would go with Washington instead. When he came on he changed the game.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’d like to see us play a system where at home we play Moore, Meshino or Donis out wide, then away from home we play Uche or Washington out there.  The other 3 (Boyce, Naisy and Henderson) should be ever present based on current form.  I’m really excited about Henderson.  I think he could develop into the next Naismith.  

Time for bed son 

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

I don’t think you need more game time to tell if he is strong and really up for it. I thought he looked soft. He had a chance today and if he had made more of an effort  he could have scored. The lack of heart was disappointing.  Only good thing is we won’t have him long term.

His first touch let him down 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

I’m still angry about his free kick. 😠

Was he trying a shot?? Last kick of the ball winner.......he could have been a hero.

7 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Time for bed son 

Watch the first half.  They couldn’t handle Henderson.  He won us numerous free kicks and connected the play really well.  He’s a better player then most give him credit for and Naismith is clearly impressed as well.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Watch the first half.  They couldn’t handle Henderson.  He won us numerous free kicks and connected the play really well.  He’s a better player then most give him credit for and Naismith is clearly impressed as well.

The Naismith comparison's a bit OTT for me but I like him too, he's good on the ball, has a bit of urgency, and he's capable of some lovely offensive passes. All we need is for them to pay off, a couple of assists and we'll all start to appreciate him a bit more.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The Naismith comparison's a bit OTT for me but I like him too, he's good on the ball, has a bit of urgency, and he's capable of some lovely offensive passes. All we need is for them to pay off, a couple of assists and we'll all start to appreciate him a bit more.

He actually done a couple of things in the first half that were straight out of Naismith’s footballing book of shitehousery.  He’s got almost 15 years to catch up with the man himself.

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

He actually done a couple of things in the first half that were straight out of Naismith’s footballing book of shitehousery.  He’s got almost 15 years to catch up with the man himself.

Well you never know but Naismith was already full on wee blonde shitehouse at that age! I hated him, pretty sure he scored his first senior goal against us.

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well you never know but Naismith was already full on wee blonde shitehouse at that age! I hated him, pretty sure he scored his first senior goal against us.

Just checked.  His first senior goal was against Dunfermline in 2004-05.  Sorry for being a statto , but I get pulled up all the ****ing time so I’m giving some back 😁!

He defo scored against us on the first day of the 2005/06 season.  Hated the wee prick back then 😂.

27 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Just checked.  His first senior goal was against Dunfermline in 2004-05.  Sorry for being a statto , but I get pulled up all the ****ing time so I’m giving some back 😁!

He defo scored against us on the first day of the 2005/06 season.  Hated the wee prick back then 😂.

Well, you're about to get pulled up again I'm afraid. That goal against Dunfermline was his first league goal. His first senior goal was a last minute equaliser against us in the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle. I was there to witness it!

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Can be too soft imo. The laddie has got football in him, no doubt, but it can look a bit tippy tappy from him at times when he needs to actually defend the ball as he’s being closed down or just be more thorough in his passing. 

That’s about courage really. He needs to refine his game and he’ll get time to but in one 90 minutes he can sway from good football to tentative looking football throughout.  

Imo, it’s time for Washington to be put back in.  

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Well, you're about to get pulled up again I'm afraid. That goal against Dunfermline was his first league goal. His first senior goal was a last minute equaliser against us in the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle. I was there to witness it!

FFS 😂😂😂.  I was there too!  I give up!!!

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, redjambo said:

He may be trying too hard. He did seem to "oversell" himself with his comments when he arrived about what he expected to do here.

"There is no country, no city in the world where I don't score. I score everywhere".

It's not mega clever to come out with stuff like that unless you're Ibrahimović. It creates pressure from day one to deliver on your promise.

However, hopefully he'll come good.

Trying too hard to not get stuck in more like. 

10 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

What a crap comment!! His first touch got his chance was good but the keeper came out quick and no amount of effort would’ve led to a goal. The guys played for about 30 mins. Give him a chance 

Exactly. He was only on the pitch for 15mins, got himself into a decent position and played ok football. Yes pish free kick. This place implodes everytime we don't win. 

9 hours ago, fila said:

His first touch let him down 

I agree, I was disappointed with what I saw. Even in the warm ups he didn’t look good. 

7 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Exactly. He was only on the pitch for 15mins, got himself into a decent position and played ok football. Yes pish free kick. This place implodes everytime we don't win. 

You can tell very quickly if a player has good core strength. He doesn’t and will struggle to make an impact in our league.

5 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Agree.

And as for his poor free kick, every player that has ever played the game has been capable of doing something similar.

I clearly remember Takis Fyssas once attempting to take a throw in in front of the Wheatfield stand and somehow managing to throw it behind his head. 

7 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Gie the boy a chance.

Full game Wednesday.

Shouldn’t start on Wednesday. Done nothing to earn his place. Will have to impress from the bench. 

4 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

Agree.

And as for his poor free kick, every player that has ever played the game has been capable of doing something similar.

I clearly remember Takis Fyssas once attempting to take a throw in in front of the Wheatfield stand and somehow managing to throw it behind his head. 

😂 and Fyssas was different class. What a player he was. I for one will give avdijaj a chance 👍 

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

When he scored against us at rugby park at start of Burley time I thought he looked the real deal . Don't remember him prior to that

He cartainly needs to "man up" a bit he looks shit scared every time someone comes near him. Far topo easily moved off the ball just like Henderson.

I know it is early days for them both but I am not convinced about either at the moment.

12 hours ago, McCrae said:

He was weak, got pushed off the ball easily.  That has nothing to do with needing more time.  I will give you that as a new player he has an excuse for that dreadful free kick at the end. 

Did you see Souttar going mental at him after he put it miles out.  Wasn't holding back!

His free kick was atrocious but so

was every corner and majority of free kicks we took all game. IIRC meshino was the only decent corners the whole game for us. 

John mcCartney

that fall at Dingwall n all.......hes not part of a betting syndicate over here is he ???

Hope he sorts his shit out as like others say,looks out of his depth just now.
I suppose he is making dangerous runs into the box tho,granted.

1 hour ago, zakred said:

Did you see Souttar going mental at him after he put it miles out.  Wasn't holding back!

Rightly  so. We had a great opportunity to score and it was an awful delivery.

On 02/02/2020 at 07:47, Gashauskis9 said:

He is decent but jury out for me hope to be proved wrong though. 

Rewatching his chance, it wasn't even really a heavy touch - it only just missed the defender and he needed quick feet to get the touch he got.  It was very unlucky actually.  Even a foot off the weight, he has a chance to slip it by the keeper.  Unlucky, not bad.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

He has been injured. 

I take it he got injured in the Ross c game ? I never realised that, any idea what the injury is ?

24 minutes ago, One five said:

I take it he got injured in the Ross c game ? I never realised that, any idea what the injury is ?

Dan mentioned his ankle I think. Didn't sound severe. Has meant a stop start start for him though.

19 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Dan mentioned his ankle I think. Didn't sound severe. Has meant a stop start start for him though.

Hopefully he’s fit soon would like to get a look at him see what he is  like 🤞

Just now, davemclaren said:

You can tell on the performances you’ve seen? 

Just on his general hype and then lack of performance / fitness 

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Just on his general hype and then lack of performance / fitness 

The psychic strikes again!