.....The official Ross County v Heart of Midlothian match day thread .....

SMJ_1874

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Sorry, but anything that brings Hibs closer to the relegation zone is good news for me.

If we can't beat sides like RC we'll get what we deserve.

Hibs are not in a relegation battle. We undoubtedly are.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Greedy Jambo

23 minutes ago, whodanny said:

:rofl: Anyone hear the comment in the background when the Hearts TV commentator announced Hamilton's goal ?

I thought I heard a "fex sake"

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Get into HT at 0-0 and get the hairdryer out. Need a midfield enforcer. Too light in there 

Agree but who? 

Damour is the only midfielder

Just now, sadj said:

na , just too early to worry enough that we want them to win. 2games v the Saints and Hamilton go thats 18 points. Match their results meantime is important though.

we simply aren’t matching anyone’s results though. And we are nearly in February.

it really isn’t too early to worry

TweedbankJambo
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

why are folk pleased Hamilton are winning ? 
genuine question when all it does is put them (as it stands) a further 2 points ahead of us .

I don’t get it at all. 

Because some people are utter plonkers.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Get in 0-0 at half time and start again. A few wee tactical changes might change it. Hopefully with our fitness, we can finish the game stronger than County. 

this. We can’t be as bad in the second half.... I hope.

HT: Ross County 0 - 0 Hearts

The visitors are lucky to be level.

Switch

Conor Washington has moved left with Avdijaj now central.

Update

This has been poor for Hearts. Stendel's men should be at least a goal down. The attack have offered very little with nothing coming from wide.

When the ball is lost the team are too open with County able to play through the middle, down the wings or over the top easily.

ScandinavianJambo
2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I would stick Naismith in centre midfield alongside Bozanic & Irving, give Moore and Donis license to roam. 

Sounds like a braw idea to me!

Just now, kimosavi said:

Not a solitary shot at goal in the entire first half 

Get them shaken up FFS Daniel 

Poor poor stuff tbh. 

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

It's a ******* cause anybody relying on Hibs to get a result needs the head checked as well as they are shite.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

:cornette: Hearts Forum mate. 

So you'd rather Hibs lost to all the teams around us at the bottom and we get relegated aye?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cochrane not on the bench doesn't bode well. Plenty of attacking options but bare on midfield options 

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Agree but who? 

Damour is the only midfielder

**** knows mate. I would have started Damour over Bozanic this evening for a start 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Sorry, but anything that brings Hibs closer to the relegation zone is good news for me.

If we can't beat sides like RC we'll get what we deserve.

Exactly this. There's teams other than Hamilton going to come back towards us. Hibs being one of them.

Hamilton are on a decent run. Don't think it's them we'll be after.

Francis Albert
Just now, kimosavi said:

Not a solitary shot at goal in the entire first half 

Get them shaken up FFS Daniel 

I never understand how a team of professional footballers can't manage one shot at goal in 45 minutes. OK against Barcelona maybe but against Ross County?

Look guys, can we just have a compromise and go for a draw in the Hamilton v Hibs game and a Hearts win?

Everyone's a winner.

Well, except Hamilton and Hibs.

What's wrong with these players that at best we can get is a decent 45 mins out them and that's if we decide to win this in the 2nd half

2 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

No goal attempts 😩 by Hearts 

Tbf this is what we normally do away from home, was hoping Stendal could change it

Just now, Haringshairband said:

So you'd rather Hibs lost to all the teams around us at the bottom and we get relegated aye?

No I wouldn't I want Hamilton to lose. I'm just saying you can't rely on Hibs to do **** all cause they are pish.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

HT: Ross County 0 - 0 Hearts

The visitors are lucky to be level.

Switch

Conor Washington has moved left with Avdijaj now central.

Update

This has been poor for Hearts. Stendel's men should be at least a goal down. The attack have offered very little with nothing coming from wide.

When the ball is lost the team are too open with County able to play through the middle, down the wings or over the top easily.

Where is that from? 

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

😖 it’s making me spew saying this but we need the likes of Hamilton St Midden and St Johnstone right in the mix when we do start to ascend 

Stendel needs to put a rocket up them at halftime. No point playing well one game then go missing the next. That form won’t get us out of our current position 

Cmon Hearts ffs - need the midfield to get a foothold and on the ball quickly 

Win tonight. County have got Rangers & Celtic next. They'll all be getting dragged down there. We just need to win games and not expect other teams to help us out. We can catch Hibs in the most optimistic scenario. 

I hope the persistence Stendel is trying to instil shows through eventually.

The truth is, we’ve still to break away from the horrendous run we’ve been on and there was pressure tonight going into this despite the result v Airdrie.

Hopefully Stendel’s ability to get a response comes in the 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Cochrane not on the bench doesn't bode well. Plenty of attacking options but bare on midfield options 

The Cochrane that couldn’t get a game for Dunfermline aye?

Hamilton getting beat every week would possibly help us get out the shit quicker but they aren’t necessarily the only ‘other’ team that can go down. St Johnstone and St Mirren are shit too, St mirren especially. 

If we start winning and getting points it’s all irrelevant, we’ll catch someone.

1 minute ago, Haringshairband said:

Aye, I would rather Hibs lost every game and we start winning then they'll end up relegated. 

GorgieRules22
Just now, Cruyff said:

Win tonight. County have got Rangers & Celtic next. They'll all be getting dragged down there. We just need to win games and not expect other teams to help us out. We can catch Hibs in the most optimistic scenario. 

We won’t win tonight, that’s the problem.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I never understand how a team of professional footballers can't manage one shot at goal in 45 minutes. OK against Barcelona maybe but against Ross County?

Same goes that we can never get 90 mins from them,  at best we get 45 mins effort if they fancy it 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

na , just too early to worry enough that we want them to win. 2games v the Saints and Hamilton go thats 18 points. Match their results meantime is important though.

The way things are currently going with the results tonight, and your mentioning of 18 points against the three teams above us show that your appreciation of the relegation dogfight that we're currently in is perhaps a bit misguided, if you don't mind me saying so. It's going to be tough going and we need every point we can get, and for those three teams to lose every point that they can.

Hopefully half time team talk has positive effect.   I'd rather Hamilton get beat.  Unfortunately Hibs are not our rivals given where we are right now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, 1874robbo said:

The Cochrane that couldn’t get a game for Dunfermline aye?

That is my point. He can't get on the bench when we don't have a midfield. Does not bode well for him

Not one shot on goal in the first half - relax - Daniel is playing ‘Rope a Dope’!

1-0 for Hearts. 👍

been here before
14 minutes ago, corkie64 said:

Bet365 stats after 34 mins...

Screenshot_20200122-201855_Chrome.jpg

'Dangerous attacks' wtf is that supposed to be?  Like 'expected goals' just another meaningless pseudo stat for the Fifa generation.