Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Does the club actually conduct medicals prior to signing a player?

Seems a long time since I have heard "subject to a medical" 

i seem to remember a picture of Naismith's medical.

ah found it 

Image result for operation game

PaulHartley10

It wouldn't matter if he was sacked, she'd still be on the phone to him. Can she not ask Stendel about his experiences at Hannover and Barnsley about the medical side? 

Honestly, **** Craig Levein. 

Austin MacGlee
10 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Everything in that article's an absolute ****ing embarrassment. Basically admitting the medical department hasn't been working properly for over a year and no one did anything about it.
How many serious injuries have we had since Levein stopped training the players by the way? And he's the ****er helping solve the medical team's problems?! 

I know the youth academy isn't going to produce 11 players a year but she's openly confirmed there's only 4 going to make it into the first team? Fantastic motivation. 

And only NOW are we reviewing our utterly horrendous scouting processes??? I know a lot of fans would agree this is the worst team of the decade, possibly the of the last 20 years, but our scouting should have been reviewed before Budgement day,. And then after Cathro's first summer. And should have been reviewed when he left. And should have been reviewed last January. And in the summer when none of our signings bar Smith were working out. Instead it's now, when we're in a relegation battle because of the shite signed to replace the guys we were missing, because our shite manager and shite medical team were too useless to actually keep any of them fit for more than 2 consecutive matches. 

I'm very optimistic about a lot of things for us now on and off the pitch, and I'm glad all this is happening, but Jesus Christ almighty it infuriates you seeing how ridiculously badly the football side of the club has been run since Neilson left. 

I have to admit, I'm in this boat, too. First feeling when I read it was embarrassment and then anger. 

What, genuinely, can Levein offer in a review of the medical side of the Club? Have I missed something? Is it something he has experience in already? 

You're 100% spot on with regards to the scouting/recruitment. It's been questionable for years and only now that we're 5 points adrift at the bottom of the table it's being reviewed? 

I want to be positive and 100% behind the Club and, Stendel in particular (and I will be - he has my backing completely in the hope he'll turn it around on the pitch), because griping and negativity will only add to the tension on match days but I seriously wish I hadn't read this. 

2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Please just appoint a CEO. This is getting embarrassing.

This is the answer.  Just appoint a CEO with previous experience of working at a football club.  Even hibs have Dempsey who knows what's she is doing in that role.  She is out of her league on so many levels when it comes to running a football club.  A few years ago some in the media were advocating her being given a senior role in Scottish football, how many are still thinking that?  

Austin MacGlee
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

That is not an encouraging article on a number of levels. 

AB continues to rely on the person who has been significantly responsible for the mess we are in. Whilst, the fact she continues to see no issues with ‘bigging’ him up raises questions around her handling of the situation. 

I still believe she thinks she can keep CL in a job. 

The more AB talks in the press the more concerned I become. 

The fact that it took 2 years to decide on a review in itself is damming for those running the club.

She would never survive that. 

I get where you're coming from, though. Her loyalty to him if baffling to be honest.

15 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

This is the answer.  Just appoint a CEO with previous experience of working at a football club.  Even hibs have Dempsey who knows what's she is doing in that role.  She is out of her league on so many levels when it comes to running a football club.  A few years ago some in the media were advocating her being given a senior role in Scottish football, how many are still thinking that?  

As you say, Hibs boxed clever when they appointed Dempsey.

I'm absolutely raging at some of the bull Budge comes out with.

12 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Stopped reading as soon as I saw that ****ing leech is helping her out.

Just go. The pair of you.

This. I just cannot believe that she is that stupid to believe that he still has something to offer. She is certainly correct when she said that she is stubborn although I never thought she would still back him publicly.

9 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

She would never survive that. 

I get where you're coming from, though. Her loyalty to him if baffling to be honest.

Wait til she appoints AM as Sporting Director.

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

I think we'll have to accept that he is here next season as well.  Why does she keep employing people with little or no experience in the roles they are giving?  It'll take longer to revamp the medical dept if its done by someone inexperienced in this field so it looks like a handy reason to keep him on.  Its baffling.  Just hire people who are suited to these type of roles   

Austin MacGlee
10 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I think we'll have to accept that he is here next season as well.  Why does she keep employing people with little or no experience in the roles they are giving?  It'll take longer to revamp the medical dept if its done by someone inexperienced in this field so it looks like a handy reason to keep him on.  Its baffling.  Just hire people who are suited to these type of roles   

I really don't get it either. In what way is Levein qualified to manage that process? 

Austin MacGlee
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Wait til she appoints AM as Sporting Director.

Are you on the wind up? Lol...

1 minute ago, Austin MacGlee said:

I really don't get it either. In what way is Levein qualified to manage that process? 

In the same way she is qualified in running a football club.  You'd think with her background she would understand the importance of employing people with the relevant experience.  Apart from levein previously managing at this level, every other role at the club is being done by someone who has no previous experience before doing the job at Hearts.  And we wonder why we have wasted so much money and have been rubbish for three years.  Get a proper CEO and let them do te necessary restructuring.   Rookie central. 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Good we are finally admitting it's not just bad luck and are address the issue going forward . 

Couldn't give a **** what's happened previously now , it's a new beginning  with Stenedel , it's all about the future . 

Actually, now that I’ve read it again sober 😎, she does say that that they found no obvious and concrete reasons for the number of injuries we’ve had but they do want to improve how the medical department works. All about continuous improvement I suppose though I’m not sure having one ‘jack of all trades’ person to deal with the manager on injuries is the right answer. One would hope Stendel’s views on it will be quite important on this. 

Phew, seat on the board back on...maybe. 

1 minute ago, Mort said:

We really just can't get rid of him can we?

She did say at the agm that he would be looking at the medical department so it’s not exactly a surprise, to be fair. Hopefully once he’s compiled his various reports he can get a wee holiday before his contract is up and we can all get back to worrying about on field matters. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PaulHartley10 said:

It wouldn't matter if he was sacked, she'd still be on the phone to him. Can she not ask Stendel about his experiences at Hannover and Barnsley about the medical side? 

Honestly, **** Craig Levein. 

Hear hear 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Actually, now that I’ve read it again sober 😎, she does say that that they found no obvious and concrete reasons for the number of injuries we’ve had but they do want to improve how the medical department works. All about continuous improvement I suppose though I’m not sure having one ‘jack of all trades’ person to deal with the manager on injuries is the right answer. One would hope Stendel’s views on it will be quite important on this. 

Phew, seat on the board back on...maybe. 

Stendel should be the one who’s advice she should be seeking. What’s the chances of the people who are the problem finding out what the problem is, turkeys voting for Xmas? Even the Police have an independent department that looks at complaints. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Stendel should be the one who’s advice she should be seeking. What’s the chances of the people who are the problem finding out what the problem is, turkeys voting for Xmas? Even the Police have an independent department that looks at complaints. 

Maybe she has spoken to Daniel and he’s intimated he’s up to his neck sorting out the first team and transfers and he has asked for that to be handed to someone else?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I do think, I think you should stick to the stand thread, only thread where you make any sense and come across as a balanced, Sane, human being. 

Likley as you stay away from CL, tbh I think he's a trigger for you. Not healthy. 

I do worry. 

Stick to worrying about the team - Levein has left us in the shit!

12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Maybe she has spoken to Daniel and he’s intimated he’s up to his neck sorting out the first team and transfers and he has asked for that to be handed to someone else?

And the best person to help just happened to be the temp tour guide kicking about HW :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I doubt he has time for that at the moment. One would hope, and imagine, that he will have a big say in the ultimate outcome given he and his players and coaches are the customers. They’ve already had an independent review. 

Craig is already a turkey waiting for Christmas, which can't come quick enough for many!!

53 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

She did say at the agm that he would be looking at the medical department so it’s not exactly a surprise, to be fair. Hopefully once he’s compiled his various reports he can get a wee holiday before his contract is up and we can all get back to worrying about on field matters. 

You're right, this is true. It's still utterly bizarre though.

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt he has time for that at the moment. One would hope, and imagine, that he will have a big say in the ultimate outcome given he and his players and coaches are the customers. They’ve already had an independent review. 

Craig is already a turkey waiting for Christmas, which can't come quick enough for many!!

Yeah he’s quite busy at the minute, he did have a few words with medical department it seems.

As for the independent review there is no proof of this, or the players union being involved, both JKB myths. Budge herself said they had looked into themselves, as Levein did.

He is a turkey all right, lurking in the back of the fridge and needs chucked out before he infects anything else. he’s well passed his sell by date 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he’s quite busy at the minute, he did have a few words with medical department it seems.

As for the independent review there is no proof of this, or the players union being involved, both JKB myths. Budge herself said they had looked into themselves, as Levein did.

He is a turkey all right, lurking in the back of the fridge and needs chucked out before he infects anything else. he’s well passed his sell by date 

I’m sure I read somewhere about an independent review last season but no idea where. 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Levein is in the Kitchen next week sorting out the Catering. 

****ing hope so.

The pies have gone right downhill recently.

:seething:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure I read somewhere about an independent review last season but no idea where. 

Just on here I think, I could never find anything online.

5 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

Correct - It’s a direct quote from the AGM in response to a question from a shareholder about the number of injuries we’ve had. This isn’t a new press release.

Makes more sense but it’s done what the Hibsman wanted it to do 

3 hours ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Are you on the wind up? Lol...

My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek however I would not be in the least bit sutrprised if this actaully happened.

AB has openly stated she doesnt want to lose his expertise and relationships he has built up with other clubs.

3 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

In the same way she is qualified in running a football club.  You'd think with her background she would understand the importance of employing people with the relevant experience.  Apart from levein previously managing at this level, every other role at the club is being done by someone who has no previous experience before doing the job at Hearts.  And we wonder why we have wasted so much money and have been rubbish for three years.  Get a proper CEO and let them do te necessary restructuring.   Rookie central. 

I think she is a control freak. Just like her pal.

annushorribilis III

Cue protest on here from Levein fans who ripped the pish out of people on here for questioning the efficacy of the club's handling/prevention of injuries. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Cue protest on here from Levein fans who ripped the pish out of people on here for questioning the efficacy of the club's handling/prevention of injuries. 

They’re never wrong, just like their hero.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re never wrong, just like their hero.

The article doesn’t state there was anything wrong with the handling injuries as far as I can see. It focuses on getting a better co-ordinatod D3730FDC-CCF0-402D-B039-BBAA7B7C8CDA.jpegresponse from the team. 😎

D3730FDC-CCF0-402D-B039-BBAA7B7C8CDA.jpeg

5 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

I could / should be reading this conversation on .net , about as subtle as a brick thru a window 😂

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

I’ve read it all now. What exactly has dempster done at Hibs for you to form that view?

Were you saying that when we were in europe while they were still in the championship?

She hired a manager to get Hibs promoted and he failed in two attempts. The manager we hired did it in one.

She then lost their next manager through discipline issues, and his replacement was a disaster. Their current manager is so far unconvincing if you talk to Hibeea who go to games.

She talked up fan ownership then went quiet when a new owner suddenly appeared and that all went to shit. 

Virtually no above average youngsters have come through the ranks during her time.

She got roughly a 3rd of what John McGinn was probably worth when they sold him.

Their turnover of players during her time  has been almost as high as ours with less upheaval at hibs.

maroonlegions

And another kick in the baws for the fans that are STILL pouring their hard earned into the club every month with this joker STILL at the club in ANOTHER fecking desguise .

WTF is she playing at.