We are all Daniel Stendel

spirt of 98

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It won't be 100% his fault. He's not been manager since match day 11. 

Me neither. 

At which match day would you say Levein was to blame? 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• Bad Religion

• Haringshairband

1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

Relegation would still be Leveins fault in my opinion. Before he was sacked there have been a series of poor decision making on transfer targets, ridiculously negative tactics, disharmony in the dressing room and the stands. The club is a complete cluster**** at present and Stendel would have performed incredibly to turn it around and keep us up.

Of course relegation would be Levein & Budge's fault. The poster you responded to would never admit that though.

It's the culmination over the 3 years of Levein taking the club down hill that has caused the situation and potential relegation. Yet you hardly heard a peep of criticism directed to CL from the poster through this period, he basically defended him until a week before CL moved jobs. Now he's saying relegation is a sackable offence for a guy who's getting one transfer window and inherited a squad of pish, that CL has left him.

Smiths RB probably thinks Levein is the man to get us promoted, if Stendel gets sacked after relegation.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bad Religion said:

At which match day would you say Levein was to blame? 

If we get relegated he'll be partly to blame. 

Not 100% tho. 

Stendel is manager now. 

Haringshairband
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some on threads right are now saying they will help Stendel and Hearts when fit, that would have applied to CL as well- surely?

I agree, that would have helped Levein however I just get the impression now that there was too much disharmony in the squad, along with his shan tactics for any dramatic change to happen.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Of course relegation would be Levein & Budge's fault. The poster you responded to would never admit that though.

It's the culmination over the 3 years of Levein taking the club down hill that has caused the situation and potential relegation. Yet you hardly heard a peep of criticism directed to CL from the poster through this period, he basically defended him until a week before CL moved jobs. Now he's saying relegation is a sackable offence for a guy who's getting one transfer window and inherited a squad of pish, that CL has left him.

Smiths RB probably thinks Levein is the man to get us promoted, if Stendel gets sacked after relegation.

CL seasons

6th

6th Last year we got a a final an lc sf

This year after game 11 he was relieved as manager in 11th place. 

We are now 12th. And a good bit further away from the teams above us points wise. 

I'm beginning to think folk will accept failure as long as it's not under CL!! 

Surley there is two schools of thought available - 

If the logic is that it is cl's team and there's nothing a new manager can do to improve us, then I'd ask why bother sacking CL? 

If the logic is that Sacking CL was a must due to performance and a new manager will improve us (where I stand), then relegation is a clear failure on CL and the new manager. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I agree, that would have helped Levein however I just get the impression now that there was too much disharmony in the squad, along with his shan tactics for any dramatic change to happen.

Maybe, maybe not. 

But you surely can't say that the players would only help Stendel without admiting they would also help CL or any manager for that matter. 

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we get relegated he'll be partly to blame. 

Not 100% tho. 

Stendel is manager now. 

Stendel has inherited an utter shit show and can only do his best. If we are to go down, it is all on Levein. To argue otherwise (and of course you will) is idiotic in the extreme.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bad Religion said:

Stendel has inherited an utter shit show and can only do his best. If we are to go down, it is all on Levein. To argue otherwise (and of course you will) is idiotic in the extreme.

Ok, I'll concede. 

Great train of thought. 

I'll carry it on

If we win the Scottish Cup it will be all CL and nothing to do with Stendel. 

That is how absurd you sound to me right now. 

Ok, I'll concede. 

Great train of thought. 

I'll carry it on

You’ll not win the cup, you’ve been left with a pile of shyte as a football team. 

Haringshairband
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

CL seasons

6th

6th Last year we got a a final an lc sf

This year after game 11 he was relieved as manager in 11th place. 

We are now 12th. And a good bit further away from the teams above us points wise. 

I'm beginning to think folk will accept failure as long as it's not under CL!! 

Surley there is two schools of thought available - 

If the logic is that it is cl's team and there's nothing a new manager can do to improve us, then I'd ask why bother sacking CL? 

If the logic is that Sacking CL was a must due to performance and a new manager will improve us (where I stand), then relegation is a clear failure on CL and the new manager.

It was Levein's incompetence as first team coach and director of football that put us in this position we are in. Stendel is try to pull us out the shite Levein put us in.

Edited by Haringshairband
Autocorrect

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ok, I'll concede. 

Great train of thought. 

I'll carry it on

You've tried to have this argument before. Its utterly ridiculous and your logic is completely flawed. 

16 hours ago, hueyview said:

:)

The war is over for you Herr Berra, Whelan, etc....

Why am I thinking he was addressing the squad and he asked “what is your name ?”

Smithy said “don’t tell him Christophe”

“ah Christophe ,your name will go on the list”

5 minutes ago, dode said:

Why am I thinking he was addressing the squad and he asked “what is your name ?”

Excellent   

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

You’ll not win the cup, you’ve been left with a pile of shyte as a football team. 

With respect,  I don't think you know what you're saying. 

By February I would expect this team to be superior to the one that led last season's cup final with half an hour to play. 

It wouldn't take much to turn it round,  it never does in Scotland. 

4 key players returning from injury and a couple of signings, it would be a completely different game altogether 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

You've tried to have this argument before. Its utterly ridiculous and your logic is completely flawed. 

It's not, I'm using your logic, but instead of being overly negative, I'm being overly positive. 

Cake and eat it spring to mind. 

Anything bad- CL. Cl' team, all his fault etc. 

Anything good- nothing to do with CL. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

This pile of shite was 30 minutes away from a cup Last season. 

With Injured players returning and a few signings things can turn around quickly. 

Apparently CL will be due credit tho if that happens as he's still "100%" responsible if we get worse. 

🤔

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, dode said:

😂😂

Haringshairband
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not, I'm using your logic, but instead of being overly negative, I'm being overly positive. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

With Injured players returning and a few signings things can turn around quickly. 

Apparently CL will be due credit tho if that happens as he's still "100%" responsible if we get worse. 

🤔

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂

You really love Craig don't you?

Edited by Haringshairband

Bad Religion
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There's no cake man. We're bottom of the league with a squad full of useless, lazy overpaid wankers. 

Congratulations on dragging down another thread though.

2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Depends how Stendel's match record is between him taking over and the end of the season. If it isn't better than Levein's then he has to have some responsibility. That's the way football management works - results based. I'm optimistic that it will be better. 

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Depends how Stendel's match record is between him taking over and the end of the season. If it isn't better than Levein's then he has to have some responsibility. That's the way football management works - results based. I'm optimistic that it will be better. 

Stendel can only do his best. We still don't know what resources are available to him to reshape the squad prior to the closure of the window. I'm optimistic that there will be sufficient funds for him to bring in players otherwise why on gods green earth would have taken the job in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Stendel can only do his best. We still don't know what resources are available to him to reshape the squad prior to the closure of the window. I'm optimistic that there will be sufficient funds for him to bring in players otherwise why on gods green earth would have taken the job in the first place. 

I agree. Hopefully his squad post this transfer window will perform better than Levein's pre Stendel. 

Sexton Hardcastle

The same guys bigging up DS are the same ones who do the same to every player we ever sign and then quickly write them off and claim they always knew they weren’t the right signing. Time and time again this ‘a wiz right’ mentality kicks in. See The laddies from Man U x2, Whelan, Naismith. **** it everyone that has signed this past decade.

5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The same guys bigging up DS are the same ones who do the same to every player we ever sign and then quickly write them off and claim they always knew they weren’t the right signing. Time and time again this ‘a wiz right’ mentality kicks in. See The laddies from Man U x2, Whelan, Naismith. **** it everyone that has signed this past decade.

yep also the ones giving it the big yass when Cahro came in..am fully behind DS but will reserve my judgement  till later before saying he's the best we have ever had

9 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Lets be honest . the guys from Liverpool and Man Utd reserves the only reason we are getting them is because they are not good enough for their reserves. See Ngoo.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree, but it maybe isn't the best time to make these changes, January isn't great for transfers. 

The situation were in at the moment this January window might suit us as I can’t see any half decent player wanting to commit permanently. So I think if anyone is coming in they will be on loan to get game time. Then the real rebuilding starts in the summer. 

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

He said win a cup not nearly win a cup. You’ll not win a cup with shite you’ve got in your squad. 

Are you now an honoury Jambo mate? You certainly seemed to have us figured out 🤣

Edited by E6 Inc

The way I see it is Stendel needs to win a few games in January if he’s backed in the window doesn’t deliver the pressure will start to build. The games he’s presided over so far in my opinion are unfair to judge him as he has to assess what he had to work with. He’s done that  fast and the style of play v Aberdeen was much more what I’d expect from Hearts. We’d have won the game if the players hadn’t switched off at the free kick. 

I think Stendel has improved us over 4 games and after the break and window we will be a different animal a cohesive unit fighting for the jersey and Stendel as he appears to have a way with the players he rates. He’s not scared to step on toes. 

we will be fine. 

Brauhauser2012
On 09/01/2020 at 10:34, Smith's right boot said:

Relegation is sackable imo no question, tho. 

It's a poor situation, but with injured players returning, new signings and a new manager we must improve, if we don't then Stendel was again the wrong choice. 

We are bottom of the league, but 3/4 wins would change everything. 

We haven't been outplayed too often and with our better players and new players in and removing the"deadwood"we should be better than at least  the likes of Hamilton, rc, livi, St mitren St Johnstone over the remainng games. 

If not it will be Stendel's and the teams failure, not Leveins. 

Levein was sacked after 11 games. 

However, After December's results, I now agree relegation is a possibility. 

No it will be CLs failure. His setup, his players. Years in charge as DOF and as manager and Stendels expected to reverse that in a few weeks 🤣

On 10/01/2020 at 03:44, Smith's right boot said:

🤔

I think things have already improved under Stendel and will continue to do so.  The point you make about the squad is completely accurate.  In fairness to levein, we wouldn't be in this state without the horrendous injury toll but it's clear from Stendel's appraisal that what he has inherited is shambolic.

No reason to be pessimistic about the future.

1 hour ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

No it will be CLs failure. His setup, his players. Years in charge as DOF and as manager and Stendels expected to reverse that in a few weeks 🤣

A few weeks? 22 games and all he has to do is get more points over the course of those games than Hamilton and St Mirren. If he gets us relegated it will be an absolute disaster and I will certainly be giving Stendel a portion of the blame if it comes to that.

People who are saying that they don't expect us to be relegated but if we do it isn't Stendel's fault are completely illogical. If you think we won't go down then you think we are in a situation where avoiding relegation is very much possible. To be in a situation where avoiding relegation is possible, but get us relegated would suggest the manager has not done as well as he could have done and would deserve blame.

Hopefully it won't come to that, but relegation was put out there as a possibility by posters saying they would be ok with us being relegated if it meant Stendel got to implement his plans. 

Brauhauser2012
39 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

A few weeks? 22 games and all he has to do is get more points over the course of those games than Hamilton and St Mirren. If he gets us relegated it will be an absolute disaster and I will certainly be giving Stendel a portion of the blame if it comes to that.

People who are saying that they don't expect us to be relegated but if we do it isn't Stendel's fault are completely illogical. If you think we won't go down then you think we are in a situation where avoiding relegation is very much possible. To be in a situation where avoiding relegation is possible, but get us relegated would suggest the manager has not done as well as he could have done and would deserve blame.

Hopefully it won't come to that, but relegation was put out there as a possibility by posters saying they would be ok with us being relegated if it meant Stendel got to implement his plans. 

Have you seen the statistics of how many teams at the bottom of the table at Christmas avoid relegation? He's come in without his own assistants to a cluster**** of a club. No time to assess players. Loses first 4 games trying to find a combination which works. Sievers is now on board but the January window is a terrible time to pick up decent players and our budget is severely constrained and who wants to but a bunch of duds. It a challenge Anneka situation. Will he get the necessary player opportunities and have the financial backing and would they want to join a ****ed up club fighting to stay up.

Edited by Brauhauser2012

On 08/01/2020 at 16:19, spirt of 98 said:

Yawn! Your part of the problem another that can’t see the woods for the trees. This acceptance needs cut out the club.

If your not good enough good bye. Can’t keep up the holiday / retirement camp mentality. 

You seem to be having a bit of a rant to yourself about not very much mate. I am happy that both these players are going because they have not done enough its the people having a go at them for having a contract that we offered them. 

But you bash on, or perhaps read my post before you start foaming. "Part of the problem"  behave yourself. Levein should have been sacked 9 months ago. 

Bazzas right boot
On 10/01/2020 at 16:26, Brauhauser2012 said:

Flawed, if we rocket up the table it will also be Stendels doing.

On your logic, if we win the cup or go to 4th it would also be CL's " fault".

I can't agree with that.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I can't agree with that.

Pretty sure it’ll be despite him. 

At some point you’ll wish Stendel wasn’t as good as he his. Were as CL left your club in a terrible state despite having a decent budget. 

Haringshairband
Just now, NlGHTMARE said:

At some point you’ll wish Stendel wasn’t as good as he his. Were as CL left your club in a terrible state despite having a decent budget. 

There's no point arguing with this poster, he could well be Craig Levein.

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I can't agree with that.

You know it’s not that simple. DS is changing things and ripping up CL’s way of playing and training footballers. That takes time and money, neither of which DS seems to have in abundance. We were in a serious downward spiral when DS arrived, the blame for that starting point lies with one man. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You know it’s not that simple. DS is changing things and ripping up CL’s way of playing and training footballers. That takes time and money, neither of which DS seems to have in abundance. We were in a serious downward spiral when DS arrived, the blame for that starting point lies with one man. 

It is, if we get better it will be mostly Stendels doing, but if we get worse or don't improve then it is still at least in part Stendels doing.

I cannot give CL all the blame or credit for where we end up in 5 months.

Cl is 100% to blame up until December.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is, if we get better it will be mostly Stendels doing, but if we get worse or don't improve then it is still at least in part Stendels doing.

I cannot give CL all the blame or credit for where we end up in 5 months.

Cl is 100% to blame up until December.

For me, it depends how much he’s backed in the market. If it’s obvious we’ve got some of the players he wanted in then aye, I’d expect to see improvement fairly soon. We’ve bought badly over the last two seasons and if he’s left to work with the players who got us to the bottom of the table, the club and Levein take the blame. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

For me, it depends how much he’s backed in the market. If it’s obvious we’ve got some of the players he wanted in then aye, I’d expect to see improvement fairly soon. We’ve bought badly over the last two seasons and if he’s left to work with the players who got us to the bottom of the table, the club and Levein take the blame. 

He’s responsible for the squad of overpaid, undermotivated, untalented dross he’s left behind

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In part, but for months many have said it wasn't the players it was CL. 

So with that in mind and the fact we now have Halkett and Washington back along with Naismith, Walker and Souttar to return I'd expect an improvement no matter who was in manager, throw in two new signings then even if I was manger I'd expect an improvement as we have better players playing. 

I said we'd improve no matter what when we get our players back, I still expect that . 

Also, If Stendel is a better man manager ( CL has been lambasted for being poor) then Surley we should see an even slight improvement, I'm talking better than Hamilton and St mirren improvement? 

He can only piss with what he's got tho so hes not completely to blame  if we continue on this course. 

On the flipside, if the current team do improve does CL get all the credit for signing the players, ofc not, but he would be due some for signing them, Stendel for making them better? 

Imo the logic works both ways, neither will be 100% to blame if we continue this mess, Liklewise if we improve. 

If we win the cup, does CL get all the credit... Ofc not. 

Stendel would. 

If we get relegated in May from him going in December, does CL get all the blame, ofc not - imo. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

In part, but for months many have said it wasn't the players it was CL. 

So with that in mind and the fact we now have Halkett and Washington back along with Naismith, Walker and Souttar ti return I'd expect an improvement no matter who was in manager, through in even two new signings then even if I was manger I'd expect an improvement as we have better players playing. 

I said we'd improve no matter what when we get our players back, I still expect thar. 

Also, If Stendel is a better man manager ( CL has been lambasted for being poor) then Surley we should see an even slight improvement, I'm talking better than Hamilton and St mirren improvment 

He can only piss with what he's got tho so hes not completely to blame  if we continue on this course. 

On the flipside, if the current team do improve does CL get all the credit for signing the players, ofc not, but he would be due some fit signing them, Stendel for making them better? 

Imo the logic works both ways, neither will be 100% to blame if we continue this mess, Liklewise if we improve. 

If we win the cup, does CL get all the credit... Ofc not. 

Stendel would. 

If we get relegated in May from him going in December, does CL get all the blame, ofc not - imo. 

I get what you’re saying and have no real argument with it. I do think we’ll improve and hopefully enough to avoid relegation but I just hope the club put up the cash for DS to sign who he needs. He inherited an awful situation but I think he can turn it round.

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Maybe, but if the majority of his signings are still in the team then that makes no sense. 

The logic of blaming everything for CL going wrong in the immediate future but he cannot get any credit if it goes right  is flawed. 

It cannot work like that. 

For example, if Naismith scores the winner for us in the cup final under a rejuvenated Hearts side under Stendel, at the very basic level CL gets credit for signing Naismith. 

It has to work like that. It cannot work one way but not the other. 

I'd look at what Nigel Pearson is doing right now and say, there you go, replicate that. 

Similar situation relative to the respective leagues. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get what you’re saying and have no real argument with it. I do think we’ll improve and hopefully enough to avoid relegation but I just hope the club put up the cash for DS to sign who he needs. He inherited an awful situation but I think he can turn it round.

Yip, 

Hopefully our players stay fit, get rid off a few, a few in. 

pettigrewsstylist

So far we have had a noticeable lift in players energy levels in the last 3 games. There is some merit in the argument that it has made us marginally more creative.We have taken some decisions on current squads future.

This was widely accepted as progress with a transfer window looming and 3 week break to work on current squad.

Hopefully this now results in us starting to gain points. Should this run continue and we remain rooted to, and adrift in 12th, then DS will be the one we look to, to explain the way out. 

Use of this window is absolutely key to this.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist