Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• Bad Religion

• Haringshairband

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

100% behind Stendel 

Not certain that the club are, yet.....

Clearing out Berra says he has Ann Budge's full support.

My clear sense at his appointment was he has been given full authority over everything on the football side. 

He is now the main man at the club. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

My clear sense at his appointment was he has been given full authority over everything on the football side. 

Definitely. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Don’t doubt this - just my view that he hasn’t had as much support as quickly as he could and should have in what is a massive job.

For example I don’t think he should have been told he can only bring in a player if he moves one out. Properly supported we should have been on the starting blocks with getting at least a couple of players in whatever happened with the squad.

I also think we have been soft we getting him assistants.

And I don’t think the club have helped him particularly on the media/PR side with the ditching of both Whelan and Berra which the club should and would have known would have been big news stories. Why haven’t the club issued a statement in response to two players basically slandering the manager’s name publically?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

27 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

With Budges backing the last one appeared to deliver all the wrong players so not sure what thats got to do with it. 

I am hopeful that he can identify better ones. 

"Berra should have retired himself"   What absolute rubbish. And walk away from his earnings and contract. Yeah right mate, who would do that. Hearts gave him the contract and should he choose to sit tight we will rightly pay it up. 

Its Wighton and yet again, he was offered a deal and its down to poor judgement by whoever identified him that we wasted money on him and not down to him. As for Whelan. What a ridiculous thing to call him. 

I fully support the new manager but the anger should not be directed at these players/former players, it should be at those who sanctioned their deals or length of them and in Berra's case, until injury he was a rock and does not deserve to be spoken about in this way by so called Hearts fans. 

Yawn! Your part of the problem another that can’t see the woods for the trees. This acceptance needs cut out the club.

If your not good enough good bye. Can’t keep up the holiday / retirement camp mentality. 

2 hours ago, kila said:

He is our Daniel and I fully support what he is doing to the squad

This. Our Daniel

wattie exploited
46 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Should be hanging his head in shame. What a ****ing mess!

your right and it will not be any better really till he goes :rifle:

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

Brilliant thread and it’s somewhat needed given some of the sentimental shite that’s been spouted recently, particularly re Berra. I’m 100% behind OUR manager, and any player that starts greetin about his treatment of them can do one. 

That's just it. We are bottom of the league for a reason. 

The place was like Butlins under Levein.

thank god we have someone in that has a backbone, and a clue.

getting rid of the deadwood and not rewarding them is exactly what was needed

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

seen levein today at the oriam today didnt  look a happy guy :rifle:

How that man can walk into the place he used to work and watch as Stendel tries his utmost to clear his mess is beyond me. 

I honestly thought he would have pissed off by now but his levels of arrogance show no bounds. Pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

How that man can walk into the place he used to work and watch as Stendel tries his utmost to clear his mess is beyond me. 

I honestly thought he would have pissed off by now but his levels of arrogance show no bounds. Pathetic. 

he shouldn’t be allowed near the place (or Tynecastle)

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

he shouldn’t be allowed near the place (or Tynecastle)

I know. 

If it was me I'd have a lifetime restraining order slapped on him for anything Hearts related. 

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I would be hiding if I was him and pretty ashamed surly he must realise the mess he has now got us in :rifle:

Well as per JKB some on here are not at all Daniel Stendel. 
He has got my backing. He has looked at the squad and like any manager decided who he wants and who he doesn’t. 

I wish him every success in clearing up the shambolic mess and committing to making Hearts an exciting team to watch.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Probably less arrogance and more financial need.

I very much doubt if he enjoys this charade any more than we do.

He's making plays, that is clear. 

He's also clearing the fog - the biggest problem with Craig Levein is he allowed the fog to set in which made fans - many of which on JKB - panic as we couldn't see a way out. Fog causes problems when your seeking direction. How is a young ambitious player supposed to be motivated tomorrow,  if he knows an older and less-ambitious player is getting paid (lots) more for coasting along. That young player is surrounded by fog, and pruning the dead wood is removing the fog so they can exercise that ambition. Stendel needs to go in hard and hack the crap back to its bare minimum as,  ceteris paribus, what we already have in the squad will improve.

It's turnaround time, and sorry Berra, if it ain't hurting its got little chance of working. 

Great thread, 100% behind him.

Really do get a feeling something special is about to happen.

Wait until he pumps the wee team away and sees the Dunbar end going mad. Wait until we go on a run and start taking huge, loud away support. He will fall in love with us 100%.

Cannot wait for us to start winning games, it's coming very soon. 

Get us safe this year, get signings early for the summer and then a proper preseason and we will be flying, I can just feel it.

Daniel Stendel is exactly what our club has been needing for the past three seasons .

Fresh eyes and ideas and a shakedown of the football department  was badly needed.

We should all get behind him and support him 100% ..

Reading some posts on this forum makes you wonder just what some people want , 

To me we are visibly improving game by game since he arrived ,there is a different feeling about the ground on match days, a sense of good things to come and a team which represents us which we can all be proud of. 

He is clearing out the deadwood now and is doing exactly what most of us would do in his place .

Why anyone can be negative about him is beyond me ? . 

Nothing else for it but to back him. 

Been enough said about the recent past, it’s about how we go forward now under new guidance. 👍🏻

20 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Reminds me a bit of ‘the Office’, when David Brent gets sacked but goes back to the office at every given opportunity, trying to spout his nonsense to anyone who would listen! 

Cringeworthy. 

I think Levein must see now he is yesteryear's man and even he may know the best thing to do is leave at the end of the January transfer window when all the business has been done. I do think he'll be working to contact clubs to try and find a home for the released players on Ann's instruction. After January that's it for him and for his own sake it is far better if he is on a beach somewhere at the end of the season and nowhere near us here. I'm sure Ann will still pay him through to the end of his deal.

Austin MacGlee
17 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Reminds me a bit of ‘the Office’, when David Brent gets sacked but goes back to the office at every given opportunity, trying to spout his nonsense to anyone who would listen! 

Cringeworthy. 

Lol v accurate!

2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

seen levein today at the oriam today didnt  look a happy guy :rifle:

Good.

Wish hed fek right off.

Thought he was nowhere near the first team.

Outrageous that hes anywhere near any training facility to do with Hearts.

That needs fekin sorted big time.

So far I am in full agreement with every decision he has taken since he arrived. The speed with which he has assessed the players and coaches and sorted the wheat from the chaff is impressive.

I still don't think we will see a proper Daniel Stendel team until next season as it won't be easy to get rid of everyone he wants and replace them with the quality he is looking for in this window. But I have high hopes for a much better 2020.

Not sure why but I just trust this guy to sort things out and get us playing like Hearts again.

YMD Rules Gorgie!!

Young Mental Daniel

Will he be King of the Jungle?!

35 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Nothing else for it but to back him. 

Been enough said about the recent past, it’s about how we go forward now under new guidance. 👍🏻

Indeed. The proof of the pudding will be on the park. Looks like the side will be missing old and including new faces after the break. We need to hit the deck running and get behind the team. 

54 minutes ago, Deodato said:

He's making plays, that is clear. 

He's also clearing the fog - the biggest problem with Craig Levein is he allowed the fog to set in which made fans - many of which on JKB - panic as we couldn't see a way out. Fog causes problems when your seeking direction. How is a young ambitious player supposed to be motivated tomorrow,  if he knows an older and less-ambitious player is getting paid (lots) more for coasting along. That young player is surrounded by fog, and pruning the dead wood is removing the fog so they can exercise that ambition. Stendel needs to go in hard and hack the crap back to its bare minimum as,  ceteris paribus, what we already have in the squad will improve.

It's turnaround time, and sorry Berra, if it ain't hurting its got little chance of working. 

Poetry from you matey ! Poetry !  Acta non verba from DS

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

YMD Rules Gorgie!!

Young Mental Daniel

The Clerrie?

Doctor Laxslax
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

YMD Rules Gorgie!!

Young Mental Daniel

Your patter is absolutely chronic.

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

On the hobbos forum they are calling him St Endel. They may well regret that in years to come. We all have great hopes and if he can get them playing better and bring in better players then I will back him too.

I call him 5tende1.  Have it!!!

The rat catcher

So far so good. I'm happy.

Lets see what he brings in to replace those who either cant do it or cant be bothered...

24 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

YMD Rules Gorgie!!

Young Mental Daniel

Did you not want him sacked after hibs till just before aberdeen?

I'm sure this will be unpopular, but I'll be 100% behind the whole club when I'm at games, manager, players, Board. On a discussion forum I'll discuss what is going well and what is going badly. At the moment things have not gone well for Daniel. Results have got worse. We have dropped to 12th place. We have squad disharmony going public. There has been little sign of his pressing style working and he seems disinclined to adopt any other style to get a result. The flip side is that it is still very early in his time at Hearts and he could change it around. The reality is that he will have the majority of the same squad at the end of this window as at the start, so he has to get winning performances out of the players he has not just bring in his own team. So far he has only actually got rid of one player, there are no guarantees he will be able to move Berra, Wighton or anyone else on. He absolutely has to avoid relegation. That for me is the be all and end all of the next 6 months. One regular poster wrote on another thread yesterday that they were happy to see us relegated if that allowed Stendel to implement his plans. I thought that was crazy talk, but no one picked him up on it. I'm behind the club and Stendel, but the idea that things are going really well seems to me to be a mass delusion.

Definitely behind Daniel all the way.

Media taking the opportunity to kick us as much as they can over Berra and Whelan. BBC one of the worst. Shows what they think of the club, Daniel and the club need to use this to develop a siege mentality

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm sure this will be unpopular, but I'll be 100% behind the whole club when I'm at games, manager, players, Board. On a discussion forum I'll discuss what is going well and what is going badly. At the moment things have not gone well for Daniel. Results have got worse. We have dropped to 12th place. We have squad disharmony going public. There has been little sign of his pressing style working and he seems disinclined to adopt any other style to get a result. The flip side is that it is still very early in his time at Hearts and he could change it around. The reality is that he will have the majority of the same squad at the end of this window as at the start, so he has to get winning performances out of the players he has not just bring in his own team. So far he has only actually got rid of one player, there are no guarantees he will be able to move Berra, Wighton or anyone else on. He absolutely has to avoid relegation. That for me is the be all and end all of the next 6 months. One regular poster wrote on another thread yesterday that they were happy to see us relegated if that allowed Stendel to implement his plans. I thought that was crazy talk, but no one picked him up on it. I'm behind the club and Stendel, but the idea that things are going really well seems to me to be a mass delusion.

Don't think anyone is under any delusions, simply that we appear to have a manager who is willing to get tough on slackers and non try'rs, therefore it's more a hope that things will improve, after all he can't improve results when games are not being played.

He's taken the pretty obvious view that the senior players at the club who were fit were not leading on the pitch, and he's right. 

What I cannot understand with Levein is that he correctly identified what the problems were but failed utterly to address them:

-  2 years ago: Need more senior players to lead the team and provide a spine of good professional practices - Berra led by example for about 8 games at the start of last season but not the rest of the time; Whelan did nothing; Naismith has been a massive miss for us when injured which has been a lot...

-  Last summer: Need more attacking midfielders - sign Walker who was past it when he left last time; Damour who is a poor replacement for Djoum; but spent most of the summer chasing Naismith  and Whelan ...

-  Need players back from injury: Berra comes back not the same player; Souttar comes back and gets injured again; Naismith comes back and is injured again; Haring has been out a year now and counting...

All of Berra, Whelan and Naismith get at least 2 mentions in 3 bullet points...Naismith gets all 3 but that perhaps shows what a miss he has been - the two who have been punted have been noticeably fit and playing in the team that has taken us to bottom of the league...

Edited by Spellczech

Behind him all the way.

Now that he’s clearing out some players I’d like to see evidence of some coming in.

only 10 days until a cup tie and 2 weeks to a crucial league game.

Edited by munro9

3 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Being honest I think he has the best football brain out off any manager we’ve had over the 30 odd years I’ve watched Hearts. I just hope Ann backs him. If he got the backing Burley got wow 

Based on what?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You see it doesn't matter any longer if he is a success or not. 

In a way this cluster**** is possibly the best thing to happen. 

We could have carried on like this indefinitely in 5th and 6th providing pension funds and opportunities for teenagers. 

The incredulous injury list has impacted to the point we are the worst team in the league. 

As a result of this elongated period of perceived bad luck,  what it eventually has succeeded in doing,  is highlight the ruins this club lies in. 

Oddly Whelan and Stendel agreed we are run like amateurs. 

Sadly that leaves Budge accountable for allowing the control to drift. 

When he had his heart attack,  that should have rang alarm bells,  but it didn't,  sitting top of the League,  all looked good. 

To get to the point. Stendel could have a horrendous set of results and still be a success. 

People not understanding the brutality,  few I think,  are perhaps unwilling to accept the club has allowed to drift on indifference to on field performance and to the point where players do train regularly or indeed receive adequate support or coaching during training. 

Amateur is too strong a word,  but the indifference to providing quality on a Saturday is audibly a result of piss poor standards through the week including expectations. 

No matter what Daniel Stendel achieves on the field,  we already owe him a debt of gratitude for acting swiftly and decisively.

It won't save the season,  but at least it will give us direction and leadership,  and not simply one mans pipe dream.

Edited by Sir Gio

kingantti1874
42 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

performances have improved, no surprise results have worsened while the manager finding out what from this deadwood retirement home of a squad needs can be trusted and who needs culled.. 

thank Craig levein, wastes millions and still hanging around like a disease