• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• Bad Religion

• Haringshairband

It's going to take him a long time to sort out the mess he's been left. 

It would have been much easier to go with a Jack Ross who would have given a bit more stability earlier but ultimately would have delivered the same in and out shite in the long term . 

This is more of a gamble but because of the nature of Stendel it's a complete overhaul, a cleansing of Levein and the rest of his garbage. 

The guys got as long as it takes for me , If that means relegation so be it . 

I just hope he sees it through to completion . 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

👍🇱🇻.

Listen I am all for Stendel (not Budge though) but can we wait until we have some you tube highlights of our own to post about him. Find all this Barnsley stuff cringey

56 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Did you not want him sacked after hibs till just before aberdeen?

Eh no ..... when he was appointed I did wonder about his relevant experience and that’s still a concern. Also asked what attributes he had that made him the candidate of choice. But like all the managers that Hearts have ever had success is all that’s wished for. One thing I think is,  he will not be ‘average’, he’ll either be a huge success or a total failure! Here’s to the former!

11 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Eh no ..... when he was appointed I did wonder about his relevant experience and that’s still a concern. Also asked what attributes he had that made him the candidate of choice. But like all the managers that Hearts have ever had success is all that’s wished for. One thing I think is,  he will not be ‘average’, he’ll either be a huge success or a total failure! Here’s to the former!

👍 must’ve been getting you mixed up.

40 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

He's German and people assume he's Klopp

:)

The war is over for you Herr Berra, Whelan, etc....

wattie exploited

he wasnt near the first team it was after 1.45 pm  so the first team had gone but he looked   miserable but still had the balls to be in the building:rifle:

2 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Great thread, 100% behind him.

Really do get a feeling something special is about to happen.

Wait until he pumps the wee team away and sees the Dunbar end going mad. Wait until we go on a run and start taking huge, loud away support. He will fall in love with us 100%.

Cannot wait for us to start winning games, it's coming very soon. 

Get us safe this year, get signings early for the summer and then a proper preseason and we will be flying, I can just feel it.

fantastic post. I echo everything you say

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

Based on what?

Based on getting Barnsley promoted using his own brand of football which he fully implemented. The fact that he’s identified the issues at Hearts and improved us over a few weeks. The wins will come now. 

why you so negative! Is that you Craig?? 

Just now, spirt of 98 said:

Based on getting Barnsley promoted using his own brand of football which he fully implemented. The fact that he’s identified the issues at Hearts and improved us over a few weeks. The wins will come now. 

why you so negative! Is that you Craig?

:facepalm:negative? was asking a question thats all

56 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

performances have improved, no surprise results have worsened while the manager finding out what from this deadwood retirement home of a squad needs can be trusted and who needs culled.. 

thank Craig levein, wastes millions and still hanging around like a disease

I don’t know who is more “deluded”?  

Us who believe Stendel is going about things the right way at an ailing club and understand that upheaval and all the things that encompass reinvigorating a team will still affect results......or is it the supporters who think there should be instant results because we have a new manager?  🤷🏼‍♂️😬

Maybe it’s not been much to ask for a win somewhere but it’s not happened. At the end of the day he took over a team who’s confidence and self belief (coupled with simply having too many inferior players) has been siphoned over the last year and a bit.  Also, playing in an environment where the coaches couldn’t see what was wrong and simply didn’t have the ability to do so. 

I think the penny hasn’t dropped for some in respect of the job Stendel has on his hands. They need to realise at first he’s got to raise confidence and improve performances. Make players feel good again. 

It was our last manager who said performances didn’t matter in the middle of a horrendous run...Right there the alarm bells should’ve been ringing. 

Edited by Debut 4

He has made so big calls based on common sense and did what most supports would have done, think everyone watching realised Berra and Whelan no longer had the fitness levels to play.    Let’s wait and see who arrives first and win a few games . Airdrie is potential Bannana skin lets see what happens before he goes to legend status

2 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Listen I am all for Stendel (not Budge though) but can we wait until we have some you tube highlights of our own to post about him. Find all this Barnsley stuff cringey

OK mate 😂👍

3 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Careful now or ya will get some erse asking ya if you are CL

Edited by Hearts007

5 hours ago, ramrod said:

It would have been much easier to go with a Jack Ross who would have given a bit more stability earlier but ultimately would have delivered the same in and out shite in the long term . 

This is more of a gamble but because of the nature of Stendel it's a complete overhaul, a cleansing of Levein and the rest of his garbage. 

Second poster I've seen say they are fine with us being relegated while Stendel sorts things out. Stendel will be in charge for 22 games this season. When he came in we were level on points with St Mirren and Hamilton. So this view is that it is ok for him to win less points  than both those teams over his first 22 games. Also worth remembering that FOH is about to take over the club and would have to deal with the financial fallout of relegation.

With all that in mind, I'm curious how many fans share this view that "we are all Daniel Stendel" to the extent they have no issue with us being relegated?

12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Second poster I've seen say they are fine with us being relegated while Stendel sorts things out. Stendel will be in charge for 22 games this season. When he came in we were level on points with St Mirren and Hamilton. So this view is that it is ok for him to win less points  than both those teams over his first 22 games. Also worth remembering that FOH is about to take over the club and would have to deal with the financial fallout of relegation.

With all that in mind, I'm curious how many fans share this view that "we are all Daniel Stendel" to the extent they have no issue with us being relegated?

Not me, although God knows where we go if that happens. I know, the championship but where do we go with the management? Doubt Herr Stendel would stick around tbh.

For me though, I reckon we will pump Airdrie and will see a big uplift in league results which will see us safe.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
21 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

If we shaft him and don't bring any new faces in then yes. 2 or more players then I fully expect to stay up.

Coburg Hearts

He has my backing 100%, as has Ann Budge in giving him what he needs to succeed. She has said players would move out, but she DIDN'T say they would need to move out before players came in. 

7 hours ago, ramrod said:

Relegation? You’re taking the piss. If he gets us relegated then I’m afraid it would be time for him to go. Finish 11th and stay up this season for all I care but relegation would be a joke.

14 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

i have seen him quite a few times at the oriam before he got sacked  but this is the first time this year and he looked miserable ! 

dont understand why he doesn't leave it cant be helping the atmosphere around the place  :rifle:

Because his head is up his own arse mate 

5 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

If we get relegated from here , it’s an absolute disaster . If the likes of Hamilton and St J etc , are beyond us , then let’s turn the lights of 

5 hours ago, JamboCampbell said:

On the cusp of something ****ing brilliant.

Good times are coming back!

I'm with you...

I certainly hope your right🤞

HHGH

4 hours ago, JamboCraig said:

Relegation? You’re taking the piss. If he gets us relegated then I’m afraid it would be time for him to go. Finish 11th and stay up this season for all I care but relegation would be a joke.

It seems a good few just don't realise how Shite we are . 

Its going to be very difficult to get quality in  this window and he is going to have to rely heavily on the decent players we have coming back from injury and staying injury free till the end of thei season. 

If we do go down and I'm def not  ruling this out I  wouldn't be blaming Stendel and I'm 100% sure he would be here next year if he wanted to be . 

Weve been left in a horrendous situation, it will be no mean feet to keep us up given the urgent action he's taking with the squad . 

I have witnessed St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hamilton both home and away and we have thrown the points at them all.  Yes we have been utterly useless till now.

I cannot see Stendel not being able to turn this around.  We could put a hungry youth team out to win against St Johnstone, who are by far the worst team I have seen this season.

Come on Daniel.  Sort this out and make Tynie the place to come and be scared again!

I'm going to predict 7th!

14 minutes ago, a11ank said:

I have witnessed St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hamilton both home and away and we have thrown the points at them all.  Yes we have been utterly useless till now.

I cannot see Stendel not being able to turn this around.  We could put a hungry youth team out to win against St Johnstone, who are by far the worst team I have seen this season.

Come on Daniel.  Sort this out and make Tynie the place to come and be scared again!

I'm going to predict 7th!

11th and a money making playoff win...hopefully 10th at least. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

It seems a good few just don't realise how Shite we are . 

Its going to be very difficult to get quality in  this window and he is going to have to rely heavily on the decent players we have coming back from injury and staying injury free till the end of thei season. 

If we do go down and I'm def not  ruling this out I  wouldn't be blaming Stendel and I'm 100% sure he would be here next year if he wanted to be . 

Weve been left in a horrendous situation, it will be no mean feet to keep us up given the urgent action he's taking with the squad . 

The first part regarding injured players was true for CL but posters ignored the fact and said he had enough time even with all the Injuries. 

22 games and level with the likes of Hamilton but you'd accept relegation? 

We were 9th when he left and had more injuries to key players than we do now. 

Basically posters now saying I'd be happy with relegation as long as its not under CL. 

Relegation would be a sackable offence with 22 games to go. No question. 

You wanted CL gone for a 6th place finish and 2 semi finals but would now not see relegation as a sackable offence? 

Are you that entrenched in your position regarding CL? 

Thankfully Stendel will want to and know he has to avoid relegation. 

It was the whole point in the change, to get better, not worse. 

Thought that was obvious. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

11th and a money making playoff win...hopefully 10th at least. 

11th and a sc win will do me. 

14 hours ago, ramrod said:

The bit in bold is exactly where I'm at. Hibs got the usual new manager bounce, but are very swiftly returning to mediocrity. They might be slightly better than under Heckingbottom, but not by much. Jack Ross doesn't appear to be making any major changes to the squad so they will stumble along somewhere around mid table, having good runs and bad runs, until after 18 months to 2 years they have a worse than usual bad run, the Hibs fans start moaning, he gets sacked, and they start the whole process again. You can take that to the bank.

Stendel is doing exactly what is needed. He took some time to asses what he currently has players wise, and had to take a few losses on the chin to do so, but is now making the changes needed to the personnel to be able to implement his playing style fully. It may well go horribly wrong, but I'm definitely in the "We are all Daniel Stendel" camp right now.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The first part regarding injured players was true for CL but posters ignored the fact and said he had enough time even with all the Injuries. 

Basically posters now saying I'd be happy with relegation as long as its not under CL. 

You wanted CL gone for a 6th place finish and 2 semi finals but would now not see relegation as a sackable offence? 

I don't think anyone would be happy with relegation but it's a distinct possibility that's for sure . 

6 minutes ago, Benzinho said:

The bit in bold is exactly where I'm at. Hibs got the usual new manager bounce, but are very swiftly returning to mediocrity. They might be slightly better than under Heckingbottom, but not by much. Jack Ross doesn't appear to be making any major changes to the squad so they will stumble along somewhere around mid table, having good runs and bad runs, until after 18 months to 2 years they have a worse than usual bad run, the Hibs fans start moaning, he gets sacked, and they start the whole process again. You can take that to the bank.

Stendel is doing exactly what is needed. He took some time to asses what he currently has players wise, and had to take a few losses on the chin to do so, but is now making the changes needed to the personnel to be able to implement his playing style fully. It may well go horribly wrong, but I'm definitely in the "We are all Daniel Stendel" camp right now.

Top post 

that's reason I'm prepared to let it get worse before it gets better . 

Some are underestimating the task ahead of Stendel . 

If he can deliver 10th or above I'll be over the moon . 

Sad times but that's the shit show we're in at the moment . 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I don't think anyone would be happy with relegation but it's a distinct possibility that's for sure . 

Relegation is sackable imo no question, tho. 

It's a poor situation, but with injured players returning, new signings and a new manager we must improve, if we don't then Stendel was again the wrong choice. 

We are bottom of the league, but 3/4 wins would change everything. 

We haven't been outplayed too often and with our better players and new players in and removing the"deadwood"we should be better than at least  the likes of Hamilton, rc, livi, St mitren St Johnstone over the remainng games. 

If not it will be Stendel's and the teams failure, not Leveins. 

Levein was sacked after 11 games. 

However, After December's results, I now agree relegation is a possibility. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Benzinho said:

I agree, but it maybe isn't the best time to make these changes, January isn't great for transfers. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree, but it maybe isn't the best time to make these changes, January isn't great for transfers. 

If not now, then when? We were heading swiftly downwards with these players anyway.

Haringshairband
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a poor situation, but with injured players returning, new signings and a new manager we must improve, if we don't then Stendel was again the wrong choice. 

We haven't been outplayed too often and with our better players and new players in and removing the"deadwood"we should be better than at least  the likes of Hamilton, rc, livi, St mitren St Johnstone over the remainng games. 

Relegation would still be Leveins fault in my opinion. Before he was sacked there have been a series of poor decision making on transfer targets, ridiculously negative tactics, disharmony in the dressing room and the stands. The club is a complete cluster**** at present and Stendel would have performed incredibly to turn it around and keep us up.

1 minute ago, Benzinho said:

If not now, then when? We were heading swiftly downwards with these players anyway.

We’ve no choice but to try and freshen up the team with a few ins and outs this window. No guarantee it will be successful though. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We were 11th.

And he didn't leave.

👍

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

bloke who’s caused your relegation through incompetence as already been sacked, if Stendel can’t get in the players he needs due to the predicament the club as been placed in by the previous management it’s hardly his fault, if he’s improving the club the football is entertaining and everything is right barring results, surely you’d have to keep him, from the outside looking in your 3 maybe 4 transfer windows away from competing consistently for a top 4 finish, as long as you’re seeing improvements window after window you’re going in the right direction I would have thought. 

1 minute ago, NlGHTMARE said:

bloke who’s caused your relegation through incompetence as already been sacked, if Stendel can’t get in the players he needs due to the predicament the club as been placed in by the previous management it’s hardly his fault, if he’s improving the club the football is entertaining and everything is right barring results, surely you’d have to keep him, from the outside looking in your 3 maybe 4 transfer windows away from competing consistently for a top 4 finish, as long as you’re seeing improvements window after window you’re going in the right direction I would have thought. 

Would he want to stay and can we afford him if we get relegated?

Just now, davemclaren said:

Would he want to stay and can we afford him if we get relegated?

you’re not going to get relegated, he’s too good not to keep you up, at some point you’ll go 7or8 wins from 12 and put relegation fears to bed when league splits. 

Haringshairband
5 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

you’re not going to get relegated, he’s too good not to keep you up, at some point you’ll go 7or8 wins from 12 and put relegation fears to bed when league splits. 

I like you 👍

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Some well needed positivity. Bravo sir. 

I do echo your thoughts. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
39 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

We were 11th.

And he didn't leave.

👍

Joint bottom IIRC?  How long did Levein have to build his team before we arrived in that situation? 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

If we get relegated the football won't be entertaining and tbh nothing would be right if that happened. 

He needs to avoid relegation. 

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I agree. 

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

We were 11th.

And he didn't leave.

👍

Fair enough 

We weren't bottom. So slipped a place not 3.

He's left the football team. 

He's no longer the manager. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Benzinho said:

Maybe

Halkett 

Haring

Walker

Washingston 

Naismith 

Souttar

All injured 

Guys like Garrucio, Morrison, Brandon just returning. 

Some on threads right are now saying they will help Stendel and Hearts when fit, that would have applied to CL as well- surely? 

Also, I never said no change, we definitely need a couple of players in. 

I'm also quite optimistic about Stendel, however just not sure telling as many players they are not needed before new arrivals are in and in January. is that the time for such massive changes. 

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough 

We weren't bottom. So slipped a place not 3.

He's left the football team. 

He's no longer the manager. 

Give it up man. It we get relegated it is 100% Levein's fault.

For the record I don't think we'll go down.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bad Religion said:

Give it up man. It we get relegated it is 100% Levein's fault.

For the record I don't think we'll go down.

It won't be 100% his fault. He's not been manager since match day 11. 

Me neither.