• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

• redjambo

Looked like a guy with no obvious position or role at the club. Kind of looked out of his depth wherever he played. 

Another atrocious Levein signing. 

ToadKiller Dog

He was part of our policy of picking up young players early 20s late teens who seemed to have lost the way .

That was always going to be hit or miss policy .

No dislike for the guy ,just a wrong move not his fault .will be a championship player if he stays in the game ,sure there was talk of him quitting football before we signed him.

onwards & upwards, sorry it didn't work out kid but thems the breaks.

Must be a lot of players soiling their breeks at the moment.

Absolute mince.

Nothing against the guy but along with mulraney just not good enough. Glad stendal is calling it as he sees it.

Part of our problem, too many of these projects.

I just hope that they all find clubs as don't want any unhappy players hanging around

Unfortunately just didn’t work out for him; he never seemed to have the strength, physicality or determination to succeed. 

As pointed out above, I’ve no idea what position he was supposed to take up.

100k down the drain

Yet another disastrous Levein complete waste of money. How much money has this clown cost us? It was obvious from the start he lacked the quality we needed. Obvious to all apart from the clown that has us bottom of the league. Yet he still remains in the club employ?

He should be embarrassed to show his face anywhere near Hearts with his failed projects......

My Raith supporting mate messaged me after the recent Celtic game asking how on earth he was at a club like Hearts cos he was 'absolutely pish' on loan with them.

Easily one of the worst players I've seen in maroon but then not his fault he's living off the hype as a 16yo.

Thanks Levein!

3 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Back to Dundee perhaps?

I’d be surprised.  They couldn’t believe their luck when we offered cash for him. 

3 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Back to Dundee perhaps?

Well the way mcpake was raving about him being as good as snodgrass and Griffiths were I’d be surprised if he didnt move for him.

The Internet
32 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Was it not £200K? I 

Started off as a nominal 50k and rose steadily as it became apparent he wasn't good enough. Think it's around 300k just now. 

Pants Shaton
13 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Started off as a nominal 50k and rose steadily as it became apparent he wasn't good enough. Think it's around 300k just now. 

Indeed.

Can someone let me know what the acceptable hit rate is for speculative signings of promising / off the rails young players? 1 in 2? 1 in 4? 

I guess it only takes 1 to make the club a fortune. 

Feel sorry for the guy as he doesn’t seem good enough yet, on the other hand, didn’t get more than a handful of games in a team that was chopped and changed constantly. 

Absolutely delighted that these losers are being shipped out one by one, if it's confirmed of course.

Did he even manage one goal? You should really do the right thing Craig and leave the building.

This guy was always going to be one of the first casualties. He hasn’t shown a single thing during a game that made me think he’ll do a job for us.

Will go down as one of the worst players we’ve paid a fee for.

On a par with Leigh Jenkinson.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Utter dugshite player of Kenny Anderson proportions.

At least Anderson scored 🤣

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Absolutely delighted that these losers are being shipped out one by one, if it's confirmed of course.

Did he even manage one goal? You should really do the right thing Craig and leave the building.

He played a total of 1,046 minutes at Hearts in all competitions.

He scored a total of ZERO goals.

The boy just isn't a footballer.

I think to look at a typical player over their career and break down their goals per game Wighton would resemble the stats of a goalkeeper.

Not including freaks of nature geniuses like Ronaldo or Messi in that they score about 1:1 +, a striker can be proud if somewhere between 1:3. Wighton is about 1: 600.

4 minutes ago, Tenor said:

He played a total of 1,046 minutes at Hearts in all competitions.

He scored a total of ZERO goals.

The boy just isn't a footballer.

:vrface:

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A striker who could not score. Do we need to say more than that?

To be fair, Levein absolutely loved strikers that don't score so the signing made perfect sense 🤨 

7 minutes ago, flem said:

To be fair, Levein absolutely loved strikers that don't score so the signing made perfect sense 🤨 

Who needs strikers when you just send the centre backs up top.

Was still training with first team, not to say no truth in rumour of course however DS seems to be spending time with each player explaining what he wants from them.  Would he be doing this with Wighton if free to leave?

He’s spending good time with the youngsters who are back from loan. Really getting mentality of them changed and getting them to see things from a different side. 

The Internet

1046 minutes is about 12 games, majority of those minutes were 20 minute sub appearances. And he was a winger whenever I seen him for Dundee, which is probably more than I seen him play for Hearts. Not saying he is or will be good enough for us but the abuse the laddie has taken from day 1 is a bit unfair, though I know he's mostly just used as a stick to beat levein with. 

kingantti1874

Least surprising development of all time.. this signing over all others questioned of Craig levein fundamentally knows anything about football.. was never ever a good use of money

His best game was in the cup replay against Patrick. He looked competitive at that level, though not outstanding. League 1 to championship is where he'll probably yoyo in his future as a footballer.

Always wanted him to succeed and felt sorry for him given the flak he gets but ultimately it’s the right move.

good luck wherever he goes, apart from

when he plays us, and then goes on to get the inevitable goal 

7 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Always wanted him to succeed and felt sorry for him given the flak he gets but ultimately it’s the right move.

good luck wherever he goes, apart from

when he plays us, and then goes on to get the inevitable goal 

Yip, certainly hasn’t worked out. 

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Least surprising development of all time.. this signing over all others questioned of Craig levein fundamentally knows anything about football.. was never ever a good use of money

Another levein signing that was about the potential cash in  rather than what he would bring to the first team at the time of joining.  Mulraney, White etc  

19 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

1046 minutes is about 12 games, majority of those minutes were 20 minute sub appearances. And he was a winger whenever I seen him for Dundee, which is probably more than I seen him play for Hearts. Not saying he is or will be good enough for us but the abuse the laddie has taken from day 1 is a bit unfair, though I know he's mostly just used as a stick to beat levein with. 

Agreed. Saw him a few times playing for Dundee and he didn't look a bad player.  They seemed to play him on the right side of midfield. He never seemed to be played there for us and always looked a bit lost in his cameo appearances off the bench. Possibly yet another example of poor coaching here, or someone who was brought here here with only a vague idea of how he was going to be used or progressed.

His body language oozed nervousness, too lightweight in mind and body and just looked way out his depth.  No real hunger or tenacity and it leaves you wondering how he made it in the first place?

A very unconvincing player which I doubt many Hearts fans thought “there’s something coming” in time.  

Edited by Debut 4

Guaranteed to leave Hearts and it all clicks for the lad. Jeff Stelling mentioning him every week as he bangs in the goals ...

Jamboscanbevicius

Hope this is true. Nothing against the boy but he will never be good enough. Must have had something at some point, but looks scared and aimless on the park.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The other Craig never, so he’ll be thinking why should he ??

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Guaranteed to leave Hearts and it all clicks for the lad. Jeff Stelling mentioning him every week as he bangs in the goals ...

Not funny. 

Салатные палочки

Absolute powderpuff.  Can't rely on players like that at any time never mind a relegation dogfight.  

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Certainly one of Levein’s most horrendous signings. In the top 50, at least. 

😂👍