Will Naismith be the next to be told he can go?

Martin_T

With Whelan gone and Berra told he can go. Where does that leave Naismith?

He's obviously a great player and lifts the level of the team when he plays, but the problem is that he is regularly unavailable and it may be Stendel's perception that if it's possible to move him on, given that he is probably one of our high earners, that the budget can be better spent elsewhere.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Martin_T

• been here before

• Ainsley Harriott

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

A new thread.....just to encourage more speculation and get the mouth foamers going....

Great.

"He" did not take too long to voice his opinion:rolleyes2:

No. Because he is mobile and can pass and press. Berra style of play bypasses the midfield and does not fit with the Stendal way. Christophe away up to play for Robbie arranged by Craig?

I thought a new thread was worth it given its a specific question but by all means merge if appropriate.

Speculation and discussion is what a message board is for is it not?

wattie exploited

yeah lets all have a go at Naismith  ! if he gets him self fit he is a great player to have I would  leave it to the manager to decide if he stays or goes as he will be looking at all the players and deciding who to keep and who to get rid off so either way its a win win as great if he is fit but if not get rid and get someone else in with the money we could save :rifle:

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I thought a new thread was worth it given its a specific question but by all means merge if appropriate.

Speculation and discussion is what a message board is for is it not?

Ignore the moaners 

Unlike Whelan and Berra, a fit Naismith will be a major asset to Stendel.  I guess the message will be get yourself properly fit and commit 100% to full-time training. If you can do that, you are very welcome to stay and help Hearts get up the league this year and back where they belong next year. If you can't, you are welcome to find another club.

Naismith is quality but has been really unlucky with injuries.

If DS doesn't want him at the club, I'm fine with that.  I do think he is worth waiting for though.

9 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

He's obviously a great player and lifts the level of the team when he plays, but the problem is that he is regularly unavailable and it may be Stendel's perception that if it's possible to move him on, given that he is probably one of our high earners, that the budget can be better spent elsewhere.

Very good question !  Will Naisy fits into the way DS wants our team to play I’d imagine he will be kept

but if he does not fit DS would want him gone but with the contract SN has it could be difficult.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Very good question !  Will Naisy fits into the way DS wants our team to play I’d imagine he will be kept

but if he does not fit DS would want him gone but with the contract SN has it could be difficult.

A fit SN is exactly the type of player to fit into DS's system and it looks like he is fully fit now so he won't be going anywhere imo.

My opinion FWIW.

I think he will be fit very soon and blow everyone away with his performances for the rest of the season.

It was said on another thread that after he came off at half time with a "back-knock" that turned out to be a recurring hamstring injury that our medical team could not find any injury and that may be true, but I think it's got more to do with the utter demotivating and toxic atmosphere that must be around the squad because of the last 12 - 18 months.

I dont think his "head" was in the right place. Can you imagine knowing the talent and ability you have but seeing week after week your fellow "professionals" not trying a leg and continually making schoolboy errors on the field that leads to us shipping poor goals. And then the abuse from the stands.

Unprofessional, demotivated, uncaring, journeymen who are just picking up a wage and not even showing any grit at training.  No wonder he often trains alone!

Just my opinion but I believe that Steven Naismith will be a different player after the Stendel cull and a few new players arrive with different attitudes.

When he is on the pitch there's nobody can deny his professionalism and will to win every single game. His shouting and instructing his team mates shows me he is a winner. Some of the other players mentioned to be leaving either don't have the ability (not good enough) or don,t have the professionalism (don't try a leg). Steven Naismith is in neither of these categories.

His "injuries" may miraculously dry up as well.

Edited by Pans Jambo

I think Naismith is undoubtedly a good player and a major asset to the team when he's fit. But there is a real question mark over his ability to get fit and stay fit.

If he was able to even play 3/4 of the remaining games he would definitely be worth retaining.

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

My opinion FWIW.

I think he will be fit very soon and blow everyone away with his performances for the rest of the season.

It was said on another thread that after he came off at half time with a "back-knock" that turned out to be a recurring hamstring injury that our medical team could not find any injury and that may be true, but I think it's got more to do with the utter demotivating and toxic atmosphere that must be around the squad because of the last 12 - 18 months.

I dont think his "head" was in the right place. Can you imagine knowing the talent and ability you have but seeing week after week your fellow "professionals" not trying a leg and continually making schoolboy errors on the field that leads to us shipping poor goals. And then the abuse from the stands.

Unprofessional, demotivated, uncaring, journeymen who are just picking up a wage and not even showing any grit at training.  No wonder he often trains alone!

Just my opinion but I believe that Steven Naismith will be a different player after the Stendel cull and a few new players arrive with different attitudes.

When he is on the pitch there,s nobody can deny his professionalism and will to win every single game. His shouting and instructing his team mates shows me he is a winner. Some of the other players mentioned to be leaving either dont have the ability (not good enough) or don,t have the professionalism (don,t try a leg). Steven Naismith is in neither of these categories.

I hope you are right!

Quality player but the guy is a financial liability. Likely to be our highest earner, who we can’t afford to pay to just sit injured on the treatment table. 

been here before
Just now, Bking9 said:

Think it's valid tbh

Think therell be nothing in it thats isnt covered in the 15 other ones started in the last couple of weeks...

Supposition

Speculation

Crap

ITK bullshit

Crack on though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
24 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

He’s on a long contract so likely to be complicated 

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

My opinion FWIW.

When he is on the pitch there,s nobody can deny his professionalism and will to win every single game. His shouting and instructing his team mates shows me he is a winner. Some of the other players mentioned to be leaving either dont have the ability (not good enough) or don,t have the professionalism (don,t try a leg). Steven Naismith is in neither of these categories.

Good post, reflects a lot of what I’ve been thinking, I think SN will be named Captain, just a hunch.

I think if we were able to cut our losses and get rid of Naismith we would do it.

No use having a player that manages 45mins a month.  Sure he will put in a brilliant display against Airdrie and then be out again until the Scotland games. 

His wages could be much better spent on a couple of lesser quality players that are actually able to play a few games of football.  I wish it would work out as he is a quality player but he is useless to us like this.

Unfortunately I can't see him walking away from 3 years worth of money so I just hope he can get over the injury problems and actually help us move away from bottom position. 

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Is this another Naismith thread??

Surely not.

We need more Naismith threads imo. 

Just especially for you. 

Naismith leaving will be dependant on his fitness and whether he himself feels he can fulfil his playing obligations. At some point a decision will need to be made but i expect he is the one man who we need to get fit and playing above all others.

I can't see SN being happy to spend  4 years doing nothing and, if the worst comes to the worst and he can no longer trust his body, then i expect he will leave in the summer to take up a coaching role somewhere.

And to suggest he might not fit into Stendel's style is laughable. DS is not reinventing the wheel, simply asking for a different mentality (and one that i am sure will suit SN)

Think Damour, Mulraney, Wighton, Zlamal, Keena and White will be away this week.  Added to Whelan and Berra, that’s your 8.

Wont take much to replace them to be fair, hence why I think the 4 youngsters have been recalled.  I actually think he’ll keep MacLean on until the summer as cover for Naismith.

Edited by Gashauskis9

Horatio Caine

I think it would be very sad if Naismith were to leave.  Yes, he's had big fitness issues but I suspect Pans Jambo's theory may be correct and now that the professionalism is being restored Naismith's frustrations may disappear.  I hope so.  He's far away from being too old and he can undoubtedly still be a big player for us.

If we are so keen to get rid of decent footballers with injury problems then surely we have to consider the futures of Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald ??

FFS Steven Naismith is the best player on Hearts books by a considerable distance, let him go at this point and it’s almost certain we will be playing championship football next season 

31 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

he is mobile and can pass and press

He often robs the opposition with his tenacity. I very much doubt he will be to he can go. 

Hectormasson
43 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

I don't think he will 

Let's see how he is when we restart ,, if he does pull up in first game or so,, it might be time to call it a day ,,,let him and stendel decide what's best ,,,  saying that  a fit naisy is ad good as a goal start  in a lot off games,,,,

LarrysRightFoot

No. He’s our talisman, one true leader on the pitch and main (only) goal threat (when he’s fit obvs).

He plays the game very much in Stendel’s style. I think Stendel will be leaning heavily on Naismith (not too heavily though or he might pick up an injury).

23 minutes ago, been here before said:

Think therell be nothing in it thats isnt covered in the 15 other ones started in the last couple of weeks...

Supposition

Speculation

Crap

ITK bullshit

Crack on though.

Agree, doesn't bother me in the slightest though bud. Every thread ends up off topic, tit for tat and itk garbage as you say. 

But you feel the need to state the fact it's another pointless thread so must piss you right off 🤣

Not at the moment but if he doesn't prove his worth and fitness before the summer I think he will be told he can leave. I think Stendel wants a younger squad. 

Probably our best chance of scoring a goal - I would just play him as an out and out striker like he does for Scotland

Chase down the back four of the opposition and create mayhem

been here before
2 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Agree, doesn't bother me in the slightest though bud. Every thread ends up off topic, tit for tat and itk garbage as you say. 

But you feel the need to state the fact it's another pointless thread so must piss you right off 🤣

Or could it just be an observation rather than a statement of mood?

Messageboard psychology eh?

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Or could it just be an observation rather than a statement of mood?

Messageboard psychology eh?

Yeah your right, its wrong of me to assume so apologies😂.

Should just have one big HMFC thread. They all end up going tits up anyway, a bit like this one...

Try looking at it this way?

Imagine SN hadn’t signed for us when he did. Fast forward to now, bottom of the league in a relegation battle and struggling to score goals.

SN is available and we can sign him.

Would we be happy to take him?

I think the answer is yes.