Will Naismith be the next to be told he can go?

Martin_T

What is important to remember here is that his latest injury was to his back after being clattered. 

That could have happened to anyone.  The crucial thing going forward would be a recurrence of hamstring or knee problems.

Again,  it would seem that was not the case here. 

Edited by colinmaroon

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Martin_T

• wattie exploited

• Ainsley Harriott

24 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What is important to remember here is that his latest injury was to his back after being clattered. 

That could have happened to anyone.  The crucial thing going forward would be a recurrence of hamstring or knee problems.

Again,  it would seem that was not the case here. 

Did they not go on to say that although he felt pain in his back it was actually his hamstring in the other leg that was causing the pain???

Brauhauser2012
On 07/01/2020 at 11:21, Martin_T said:

I thought a new thread was worth it given its a specific question but by all means merge if appropriate.

Speculation and discussion is what a message board is for is it not?

You would think that wouldn't you?

On 07/01/2020 at 14:25, 8skacel8 said:

Best player at the club and will be the next captain. No chance he is leaving.

👌

Delighted that he has committed to the club and hopefully he stays injury free and plays a key role for the rest of his contract.

4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Delighted that he has committed to the club and hopefully he stays injury free and plays a key role for the rest of his contract.

When did he not commit to the club ?...or is it just that you know your thread was total nonsense from the beginning and are trying to cover your back....

19 hours ago, CJGJ said:

When did he not commit to the club ?...or is it just that you know your thread was total nonsense from the beginning and are trying to cover your back....

I disagree that it was nonsense. Given his frequent injuries and part time training schedule, there was an element of doubt. Austin MacPhee suggested that the injury he went off with against Livingston was 'neural' for example.

But I'm glad that he's been made captain and hopefully he stays fit for an extended period.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

I disagree that it was nonsense. Given his frequent injuries and part time training schedule, there was an element of doubt. Austin MacPhee suggested that the injury he went off with against Livingston was 'neural' for example.

But I'm glad that he's been made captain and hopefully he stays fit for an extended period.

Neural means related to the nervous system ie trapped naerve. 

Rangers fans hate Naismith therefore we should love him!

Ainsley Harriott
18 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Yip a load of backtracking going on as regards Naisy, a load should be hanging their heads in shame such is KB.

Why because a very good player who plays and trains part time has a good game against a part time side. I hope he stays fit but let's  not get ahead of ourselves 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Why because a very good player who plays and trains part time has a good game against a part time side. I hope he stays fit but let's  not get ahead of ourselves 

Agreed. We all know he is very good but he is the highest paid player at the club and plays only 1/3rd of the games. 

can only hope he stays fit and massively contributed from here. 

At least Stendel is making him travel through to training every day. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

FFS:rofl:

How are you still here?

On 07/01/2020 at 11:10, Martin_T said:

With Whelan gone and Berra told he can go. Where does that leave Naismith?

He's obviously a great player and lifts the level of the team when he plays, but the problem is that he is regularly unavailable and it may be Stendel's perception that if it's possible to move him on, given that he is probably one of our high earners, that the budget can be better spent elsewhere.

He's obviously a great player and lifts the level of the team when he plays, but the problem is that he is regularly unavailable and it may be Stendel's perception that if it's possible to move him on, given that he is probably one of our high earners, that the budget can be better spent elsewhere.

Hahaha

hahaha 

hahaha 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Ah christ here comes the Levein Brigade 

My, and your point had nothing to do with CL. 

SN is an excellent player and a consumate professional. His history with other teams and his value to us in unquestionable.

You bash on though, fella. You're fooling no one. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

My, and your point had nothing to do with CL. 

SN is an excellent player and a consumate professional. His history with other teams and his value to us in unquestionable.

You bash on though, fella. You're fooling no one. 

Thanks pal glad I have your approval. But do me a favour and dont converse with me. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Thanks pal glad I have your approval. But do me a favour and dont converse with me. 

Aye nae bother, doll.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Neural means related to the nervous system ie trapped naerve. 

Rangers fans hate Naismith therefore we should love him!

Fair enough. I'm delighted that we've retained him and hope that he can keep that level of form and fitness to the end of the season and beyond.

For the hard of reading (hahaha man above), the thread was asking a question in the context of the decisions made about Berra and Whelan, never did it suggest at any point that Naismith wasn't a great player who could make a big difference to the team.