• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Last Laff

• Beast Boy

• Jambo-Fox

22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why the **** would a professional football manager think it was okay to **** off back to another country the day before a derby match?  If he doesn’t or wouldn’t see the importance of that in the context of the season then maybe he wasn’t the right person for us.  

“Aye, Daniel, we cant get your assistants in mate and your left with the shite that got us in this mess and the clown who you’ve replaced as manager is still hanging about the gaff and the temp clown will be in charge of recruitment, even though we know the majority of past recruitment has been absolutely shite” 

No bother Ann, can I take Xmas off and **** off for a week before the derby? 

If you had read the op you would know that he is returning in Xmas day not leaving on Xmas day. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hi Craigy, hold the table upside down next time you bump into Ann.  

Hi

Edited by Noah Claypole

Just now, soonbe110 said:

If you had read the op you would know that he is returning in Xmas day not leaving on Xmas day. 

Sorry, that’s what I meant.  Returning on Xmas day instead of taking one day off is far more brutal. 

16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

As he’s been a professional footballer before manager then there’s a fair chance he’s been away at Christmas the majority of the time, including last year when he was at Barnsley and they had a match on Boxing Day. 

Yep, and probably returned from Germany on Xmas day. 

51 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

That's exactly the type of commitment we're crying out for.

We know nothing of previous arrangements that have been made or personal circumstances and, quite frankly, thank God! 

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

4 pages, still no proof or fact and the OP has gone walkies! File under utter shite! 

He'll be back. The medication is pretty powerful.

27 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Devastated by this news. 

I assume it's something Beelzubub Lhevein concocted from the bootroom.

Hi Craigy. Any clubs come in for you yet? 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

Naismith hardly ever comes through to Edinburgh during the week either. 

the club is in some state. 

Belter 😂😂

Are you Austin McPhee? Fake news.

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

Hardly ideal preparation for the derby though I accept he deserves time with his family.

Yet another example of why we need his assistants here.

Budge taking training then....?

Just now, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Belter 😂😂

Are you Austin McPhee? Fake news.

Naismith said it himself I think it was on the radio, that Craig had been great with him and allowed him to train at home on Monday’s without having to come through to Edinburgh. 

Now I don’t know if that is still the case or not but he definitely said that. 

32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, and probably returned from Germany on Xmas day. 

He missed four days of training before their Boxing Day match last year? If we’ve pushed the boat out to get him in then let’s hope he’s more professional than that.  Even if he did at least he had his assistants in control of training in his unprofessional absence.  

Edited by Last Laff

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He missed four days of training before their Boxing Day match last year? If we’ve pushed the boat out to get him in then let’s hope he’s more professional than that.  Even if he did at least he had his assistants in control of training in his unprofessional absence.  

His family came to Barnsley.

9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No idea if he did or didn’t. Kirk and Park will be in charge of what little training happens this week. At the most it will be one full days training on Monday then a light session tues and wed. Our players look knackered so there will be no high intensity stuff until January No sure he will know who is available until Wed night or Thursday in any case. Naismith Brandon Walker Washington  White all in the ‘maybe’ category . 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No idea if he did or didn’t. Kirk and Park will be in charge of what little training happens this week. At the most it will be one full days training on Monday then a light session tues and wed. Our players look knackered so there will be no high intensity stuff until January No sure he will know who is available until Wed night or Thursday in any case. Naismith Brandon Walker Washington  White all in the ‘maybe’ category . 

Farcical circumstances.

12 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

His family came to Barnsley.

That makes a lot more sense.  I hear it’s more attractive than Edinburgh this time of year too :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

H1MC4ZVS_400x400.jpeg.d5e23bc3937af54172207cee963a1cb9.jpeg

Is that a no?  On well, at least you can get your gardening done every morning until the professionsls at Riccarton have finished clearing up your mess each day

52 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

He'll be back. The medication is pretty powerful.

Must be pretty hallucinogenic as well. Still hurting after his teams result over Leith way last night

He's not going to Antarctica. Germany is a couple of hours away by plane. Would there be the same shock/horror if he were a Geordie who decided to drive down to Tyneside to see his family?

Toxteth O'Grady
2 hours ago, Jamie86 said:

Have you never applied for a job where they have asked "Do you have any holidays planned?" like? To turn him down from getting the job based on him wanting to see family over Christmas is as mad as the OP

I've never applied for a job as a football manager where there are always important festive fixtures

3 hours ago, Whatever said:

Hardly ideal preparation for the derby though I accept he deserves time with his family.

Yet another example of why we need his assistants here.

Perhaps Craig Levein could take over as interim manager? Can’t be any worse ....

Captain America
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

As he’s been a professional footballer before manager then there’s a fair chance he’s been away at Christmas the majority of the time, including last year when he was at Barnsley and they had a match on Boxing Day. 

He was a professional footballer in Germany where they have the winter break from before Xmas to mid January usually, so last season would have been his first time experiencing 'working at Xmas' I would imagine.

Maybe his family didn't enjoy Xmas in Barnsley and had decided to have in back in Germany before he got the job here.

I don't blame him for not wanting to spend Xmas day with our current squad of players to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Captain America said:

He was a professional footballer in Germany where they have the winter break from before Xmas to mid January usually, so last season would have been his first time experiencing 'working at Xmas' I would imagine.

Maybe his family didn't enjoy Xmas in Barnsley and had decided to have in back in Germany before he got the job here.

I don't blame him for not wanting to spend Xmas day with our current squad of players to be honest.

He’s a professional football manager in charge of a club paying him a very good wage that is bottom of the table and play the ****ing rodents on Boxing Day.  It shows a complete lack of professionalism or commitment if it was the case he was away, and farcical from the board for agreeing to it.  

24 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That makes a lot more sense.  I hear it’s more attractive than Edinburgh this time of year too :lol: 

Is he living near your ground now? He might be going home simply because hes not really had time to settle in Edinburgh yet, the way he did in Barnsley.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Jamie86 said:

4 pages, still no proof or fact and the OP has gone walkies! File under utter shite! 

The old lob a grenade in the room and run away!!

28 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

He's not going to Antarctica. Germany is a couple of hours away by plane. Would there be the same shock/horror if he were a Geordie who decided to drive down to Tyneside to see his family?

Too sensible a post for some on here. Burleys wife lived in Suffolk and he was there regularly but bothered no-one at the time. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Reality not farcical. 

How the hell is it no? We are bottom of the league and if our new manager is away for 5 days before a derby having lost his first three games when two of them was bottom when we lost.  When in your eyes would it be ****in farcical then? :lol: 

11 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if he quit. Wouldn’t blame him either 

1332415210_giphy(1).gif.3a58bfaab0668785c6c962c8f03ce334.gif

Um aff hen,  cannie hanul ra preshur. 

Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

If it is true then he might need 5 days to get to Antarctica and back. But Germany. It is nonsense surely?

10 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

1332415210_giphy(1).gif.3a58bfaab0668785c6c962c8f03ce334.gif

Um aff hen,  cannie hanul ra preshur. 

It would be a lot more dignified than hanging about as a tour guide and a janny picking up a massive wage from a club you claim to love tbh. 

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Too sensible a post for some on here. Burleys wife lived in Suffolk and he was there regularly but bothered no-one at the time. 

Youre comparing burley who had us flying with his own coaches to Stendel and the current situ’? Ffs. 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It would be a lot more dignified than hanging about as a tour guide and a janny picking up a massive wage from a club you claim to love tbh. 

The new manager ?

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

The new manager ?

If he resigned, yes.  Not that it would happen or I want it to happen.  He’s not a shitebag leach like the boy he replaced though I hope. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If he resigned, yes.  Not that it would happen or I want it to happen.  He’s not a shitebag leach like the boy he replaced though I hope. 

So, you want the new manager to stay and change our fortunes around.

Excellent, onwards and upwards. 

12 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

So, you want the new manager to stay and change our fortunes around.

Excellent, onwards and upwards. 

👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Bit harsh to deny the guy Christmas with his family ffs. Presumably Germany celebrate the 24th. 🤣

They do actually

31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

They do actually

Like most of northern Europe, Christmas Eve is the time for celebration, family gathering, giving of presenrs and the main festive meal.  However, Chistmas Day is still a public holiday.   Obviously time away at Christmas to be with his family was part of his contract negotiations.

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The old lob a grenade in the room and run away!!

Oldest trick in the book! He'll be over on .net having a good laugh with his brothers /cousins /uncles