And now Daniel Stendel is off home and returning Christmas night

Whatever

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Certainly talking the talk. Just needs to quickly walk the walk to get us out of this mess. 

True Dave. But at least he has identified the problem areas, something that didn't appear to even be acknowledged, far less addressed,  under the previous regime. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Last Laff

• Beast Boy

• Jambo-Fox

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

How do you see this panning out, Dave?

I think that if he's allowed to bring in his own backroom chaps and can bring in a few loan and permanent signings of his own choosing then we'll escape the drop. 

I’m hopeful as well but we can’t afford to drop further behind the other teams. We need to start picking up points somehow. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

True Dave. But at least he has identified the problem areas, something that didn't appear to even be acknowledged, far less addressed,  under the previous regime. 

Hopefully the last few defeats are just transition pain due to moving from one style of playing to another. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Hopefully the last few defeats are just transition pain due to moving from one style of playing to another. 

Hopefully.  A win tomorrow along with a Hamilton defeat will see us move off bottom spot.

portobellojambo1
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m hopeful as well but we can’t afford to drop further behind the other teams. We need to start picking up points somehow. 

My thoughts were always along the lines of the team looked poor because of the style of play they were being asked to adopt Dave. I genuinely thought we had a decent squad of players, who would flourish under a change of manager and change of style. While I can see the differences in how we are now approaching the game I do think the few games that he has been in charge have shown that there were a few players brought to Tynecastle who are simply nowhere near good enough. I also think the style of play he is trying to bring in involves more energy and players who are suspect to injury and/or have lost the speed/desire needed to cope with it should, and will, be sacrificed. At the end of the day it is all about HMFC getting back on track, we are not a rest home for knackered players. It is a horrible situation he is being asked to fix and he doesn't have a lot of time to do so, because as you we cannot allow any sort of gap to develop between us at the bottom and whoever is immediately above us.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Well if the reason he was away is as said above, or anything remotely close to it, that should be the end of the matter. No job in the world should prevent you from seeing to something like that.

Derby game on Boxing Day or not, we would have quite rightly not been his top priority this Christmas.

8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was told the same yesterday, i.e. why he was out of the country. I was also told it was something he had discussed with HMFC before agreeing to start work when he did as he was originally looking to start at the end of this season. He agreed to come in earlier than planned as long as he got a few days home at Christmas.

Originally looking to start at the end of the season!  ...... I’d be surprised if Hearts would have been prepared to wait c. 6 months for him to start. Would he really have expected Hearts to accept that proposal, assuming he did make it? Could be deemed ‘arrogance’, but I’ll accept that he has family issues so was proposed in good faith.

Regarding his family issues he has in Germany nobody needs to know what they are. All he needed (needs) to say is, “it is personal and private”! Doing that ends the story and any criticism. Someone needs to advise him on PR, because what he says makes him look like he lacks judgment. 

I really do hope he succeeds as Hearts manager.

pettigrewsstylist
19 hours ago, Last Laff said:

It’s a great idea to have and if we the players next summer to do so then perfect.   We don’t have them now though and his managements not done anything so far to produce better performances or results and I can’t see where any the optimism is coming from this will change in January with Macphee recruiting for him.

”what kind of player are you looking for Daniel”

”to be honest, the complete opposite that you and our new janny brought in to the club over the past three years”

More than likely it will be loan players we have to hope fancy a relegation scrap. 

Real and genuine concerns. Some of the reasons you go for known things like Lafferty and hope they care enough for the club to immediately give it 110%. 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Think we are all praying its so Dave. We have certainly spent more time in the final 3rd recently and created some chances. A decent mobile, experienced and aggresive striker may profit, but that cost £££. Naismith was obviously the hope.  Need Souttar back to shore the leaks up aswell tho now.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Think we are all praying its so Dave. We have certainly spent more time in the final 3rd recently and created some chances. A decent mobile, experienced and aggresive striker may profit, but that cost £££. Naismith was obviously the hope.  Need Souttar back to shore the leaks up aswell tho now.

Yip. Can’t disagree with any of that. 

Weakened Offender
19 hours ago, karipidis said:

Seems perfectly reasonable. The criticism Stendel has received for this is way over the top.

Typical Hearts fans, really 

25 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Real and genuine concerns. Some of the reasons you go for known things like Lafferty and hope they care enough for the club to immediately give it 110%. 

Yeah, that’s exactly what we need between now and the end of the season I think. 

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Loving Stendels comments on players ie Whelan taking no responsibility and also that he has no interest in players who are injured every 2 weeks.

Can see a lot of movement in the coming weeks and I for one welcome it massively.

Time to get some real players in who want to be here and fight for this club,this club has been suffocating under Levein and co and it's time we started breathing life again.

Cant disagree with sentiment. I have no idea where cash is coming from tho. Last comment i saw in print from AB i thought alluded to peeps have to be removed from wage bill  before others can be added. Heres hoping the recruitment duo are gonna be able to do something on this.